Hacked!

Sorry to hear this :(

Like Moony said MA are not very quick to respond to hacked accounts. When he was hacked there were several NotA members online and we all sent support cases which took MA two days to respond to. By that time it was far too late.

Big question is... do you have a gold card? If so then this is very worrying indeed! If not then i still feel for you, but you will now kick yourself for not having one.

I am currently at work but maybe someone can contact one of the Guides in PA to help Loki out and maybe catch the perp in action.

Sorry to hear about this Loki I hope it all works out for the best.

If there is anything I can do let me know.

C

ok...
Very stupidly i always put off buying a GC as im sure many have every day though "ill get it when i go for repairs" and always forgot..so yer its my fault.

items..
camo jungles prob the easyest to track,
appartment beta south 10A
161k total skills, high in crafting, crap in mining and high in hunting.
full male vindicators kinda rare too.
danta amp,
as98,
umm prob loads of other crap i cant think of minds a lil fussy

so to sum up, YES ITS MY FUALT FOR NOT HAVING A GC so no need to say so and no i prob wont stay ingame now unless MA suprise us all.

regards and farwells,
loki

items..
camo jungles prob the easyest to track,
appartment beta south 10A
161k total skills, high in crafting, crap in mining and high in hunting.
full male vindicators kinda rare too.
danta amp,
as98,
umm prob loads of other crap i cant think of minds a lil fussy

regards and farwells,
loki

Don't leave, there is still ... hope

Sorry to hear this Loki. :(

I hope MA helps you out and returns your things.

May this pose as a lesson to all those who own more then 1K peds ingame and don't have a goldcard because they are too lazy to order one.

Get a goldcard to avoid this from happening people!!!

That is really lame. I really hope you had a GC bro. Can't stand creatons that steal like that. Wish there was a way to find out where the hacker lives in RL. :ninja:

always hope for returns! i will help keep aneye open, too. hugs loki. kin.

Loki i doubt MA will do much unless you involve the police. However the UK has quite good anti online fraud from what ive heard. So although your local police station officers may think your a little crazy if you explained it to them. Just ask them for contact to the anti online fraud division of your local police force. They all have one! Good luck i hope you get this resolved!

http://www.kent.police.uk/Advice/Fraud/Fraud.html

Get a goldcard to avoid this from happening people!!!
:wise:

Last edited:
I swear, shit like this makes me think that MA needs to force a one-time registration fee of $20.00 USD (maybe after a 30-day trial) and a Gold Card should be standard issue to all permanent accounts.

I hope they take care of you, Loki, would hate to see the EU lose another good person over something like this.

Good luck!

If Im not wrong everything is registered and MA can therefore see what avas were traded.

And once again, good luck, hope this gets sorted out.

Okay , so i'm struggling here abit...
You have a avatar worth over $3k? but never considered paying $20 to ensure your investment :confused:
This is dodgy ;)
<Knuckles> 95%+ of hacks are scams

Last edited:
MA bites. they COULD back trace the hack and inform anyone they felt like but they won't. it is bullshit they are unwilling to help hacked people. but the other hand is that they think too many people would cry wolf. :( they just don't want to have any kind of responsibility. you must remember, peds = nothing to them. think about the VU preview with the avatar with thousands of peds. it is just a number to them, they do not care if we consider it real money.

sorry to hijack the thread a little
but where do i get a golcard
bin lookin in the website but cant find it:scratch2:
thanx

You buy the goldcard directly from the TT in game

Best of luck in regaining your stolen property, Loki.

AG

You buy the goldcard directly from the TT in game

thanx m8 i knew id seen it somwhere but couldent remember

this thread has scared the life outta me im off to the tt an gettin
me one right now

sorry to hijack the thread a little
but where do i get a golcard
bin lookin in the website but cant find it:scratch2:
thanx
Like JDaddy said you find it in the trade terminal. Best 200 ped you will ever spend if you have enough money on your account to worry about. Once you have bought the card in game MA will dispatch the card & reader to the address registered on you account. Takes around 3-5 working days to get to the UK.

everyone talking about MA has the info to trace this...
and that they can help hacked ppl, but as soon as items/peds go further then one step towards an other ava(if you get what i mean, loki's stuf cant go further then to the hacker's avi.)

If the items go further its hard to make things up, as items might have been sold to unaware ppl ingame...

So lets say items wont go further then one step, if MA is notified in time and they get the message (might need to be on office time :mad:) they could easy make up things for the hacked person. If this is not what MA would do then im a bit disapointed.

Well then the other case if items go further then one jump away from the hacked person.
What you could do and what MA say they will provide you(and the police).
As mentioned police have the resources, and MA has the info.
I've read in various hacked threads MA's response and its always, "Go to the police if you want this investigated more, we will provide the info we got"

So why not try!
What i belive is needed is:
that you are serious when you go to the police
that you can provide some info about whats been stolen(IRL value)
if its possible info from MA, though this probably wont be avalible until the crime is reported...

Anyone ever tried?
Loki will you be the first in line? (would be cool :wtg:)

Hope this will make sence and that maybe some day someone will go to the police!

Jacxz
(PS this may sound weird, but as banks will be introduced it cant hurt that the police atleast know about RCE games! DS)

Really sorry to hear this Loki :(

Any 3rd party tools recently downloaded? Emails sent from "Friends" that included attachments? Talk about subject that involves your password with anyone lately? Login name differnt than avatar name? This can help narrow down a potential Who but probably not.

Unfortunately in these situations we see how much MA really cares about its customers. I do hope that they will surprise us in this situation for your sake.

MA will do nothing

Why not? Cos there's no way to prove that it's a hack :wise:

They will only listen if you have a GC, cos there you have security

IP address log checks? Hey, anybody can fire up google and find lists of proxy servers for every country in the world...

This makes me think...

Sorry about this happening to you.

I hope you get your stuff back, or at least most of it.

any idea how you were hacked? Now im going to increase my security on my website.

bummer. hope MA do the right thing and you get stuff back.

any feedback as to what was the method of attack would be helpful to avoid a repeat.

Hello,

I fail to understand MA's lack of action on cases like these.

Point 1 - PED's mean nothing to a real thief until they are removed from the game.

Point 2 - MA track/log all transactions so they can see the path of all the items.

Point 3 - If the thief is in game and can use the items or PED then MA can identify the culprit and lock the account.

The only thing that can't be watched for is if an Ava sells all and then claims to have been hacked. This can be solved by reversing all transactions for the ava in the last X hours/days. The ava account is then locked and all trades are investigated. If the ava is found to have been faking a hack the ava is perma locked. If the traders are found to have been in a situation where they should have known better have a temp lock, permenant for repeat offenders. If more than one ava from a given IP address scamms or hacks then ban the IP and flag other IP's assigned to the same service provider for fraud monitoring.

The person that is doing this is the worst kind of scum this virtual world has and I would like to see them eradicated. MA should take note, it's customers want something done about this.

Loki - I feel for you. GC or no this should not be allowed to happen to anyone.

Grounder

[conspiracy]
maybe a silly question, but was you also playing <another game> that is very similar to EU and still in alpha?

Given the enormous (frommer) entropians they attrackt, it could be very lucrative to include a pw-tracer into <other game>
[/conspiracy]

This is plain horrible. And worse is that the hacker must be someone that knows entropia universe, the value of items and most likely knows you (online) :eek:

ok latest update.
the Loki ava was on CND and has been for a few weeks.
One soc mate saw my ava walking (slowly!!) to a tp naked.
Appartment is empty.
the loki ava soon got a VIP down to the planet. landing at TI north
The loki ava was seen trading with a female ava called "mira" or somthing close.
the pilot saw this as he was waiting to do a VIP trip back to CND. (fuck knows why)

VILOT
ty for the link im filling in a forum to Kent police atm. will keep you updated.

TRINITTY
if your implying what it seems say the words strait stop being a coward. yer i know your pissed i booted one of your friends from soc..well as i told him at the time, he did`nt fit in and was coursing other members to stay away from soc chat. so get over it or make a post.

Basicly i know i was stupid, forgetful what ever as im sure you all know i dont need to be told again not really in the mood for that.
My PC is clean of key loggers (fully cheaked with lots of diff programs and my system gets fully rebooted ever couple of weeks) e-mails are only from friends that have been trusted with ALOT ingame so dont think the prob lays as for people knowing me...im a crafter..i have people pming me all day long asking for crap and half of them i dont know so yes could be someone i know. there and cant honestly think of any other thing that could have corsed it.

Anyway the lass at MA was helpful as much as she could be (had a lovely accesnt to if she ever reads this) But if any MA reps are reading i will be going to the police if this can not be sorted normaly, i know you will try.

lol lucky i did`nt depo for the hanger i was looking at no? lol

sorry for ur loss m8 as i doubt MA will do anything beside lock the account
this happend very recently to a very good m8 of mine ,hes still waiting on the Police to step up,,only then will MA do something,dunno what though

but when all is sorted PM me i will set u up with new free spiffy clothes :)

This all makes me feel sick :mad:

Im really sorry for your loss.

some 12 months ago i did do a post about the gold card being a must for the serious noobs who wish to remain and protect themselves, obviously needs to be done again, so i will alert the noobs again.

once again m8 i hope everything turns out ok for you..gl

Back