Hacked!

omg loki!!!!
this is soo crap i came online in your app since the last time we spoke last night !!!
may the thief get caught as soon as ma can or the police !
they have too track this or can see what happend if they are willing too try
dont leave loki !
for talk you know where too find me ...

greetz jenny :mad:

oh ur fuckin kidding me not u mate not u :( try to do everything possible u were jsut online last night didnt believe the thread

jeez... sad to hear that loki. As i hear about more and more of these stories, it makes me wonder how all the hackers are getting into peoples accounts so easily... Gah i hate thinking about people that actually get off ruining someone's whole day/week/month! I wish ya gl, and i hope ma reacts quickly in tracking down whoever screwed you over :(

items..
camo jungles prob the easyest to track,
appartment beta south 10A
161k total skills, high in crafting, crap in mining and high in hunting.
full male vindicators kinda rare too.
danta amp,
as98,
umm prob loads of other crap i cant think of minds a lil fussy
/QUOTE]

Let's all look out for these items and an ava called 'Mira' trying to sell any of it, it might not be too late to recover stuff or track down the hacker ingame.

bump and GL m8

I dont trust you moogle-Even your NAME is HAXTOR ;) I bet the program is stuffed with t3h H4X, Cr4x and Pr0n! Lol I hope this is all sorted out Loki, its not just the money involved, but the time it takes to accumulate all the skills and respect. Theyre the scum of the earth, and with rl money involved, I might just invest in a gold card soon. I havent deposited much but once it gets over about $100, ill fork out for one.

p.s. The Haxtor moogle bit was a joke! dont neg rep me! Hes a funny guy :cool:

problem is with scams and security you always have to think of the worst case. In this game there is RL money involved.

What prevents me of giving my password to a frend who doesnt even play EU, let him download the game, use 2 comps too strip my avatar? and get the money out of the game? And thats easy, i just go aorund : Selling peds 30,000 for 2500 dollar.

trade outside game dollars, trade inside gam peds.

So ma goes too much lenght to follow the items... hel lthey even restore some cause they feel sorry for u...

so u can sell them again, and get the money from your frend ..

point is u gotat htink worst case, and ofcourse loki isnt the scamemr himself, point is, he and any other person in game; coul be

In order to ain acces they have to use the user id and password:

so:
1. he gave it too someone
2. keylogger, virus, trojan stuff
3. burglar broke in house, installed camera , wrote down number
4. he has webcam on keyboard and someone seen him login
5. he uses the same id and pw for other stuff ( i know alot of peopel do that)
6. A person at MA is involved in the retreiving of passwords and userid s

all horibleoptions, but i dont believe in mindreading

gl loki

wow is all i have to say...that's horrible...i reall hope MA can do something about this...it can't be hard for them to see who the avatar has traded with and what not and reset everything that happened with your avatar...i mean it is probably a difficult process but its possible im sure and i hope that MA has the heart to do it but as someone said earlier in the post i wouldnt hold my breathe bro...wish you had bought a gold card dude...also...id like to say if nothing happens with this i am willing to help you as i am a good friend...skills i will donate...anything i can to help...but you better get a GC!

i know that several passwords and logins are stored in the registory if you know where to look. does the EU login info reside somewhere locally as well? if it does, then all a hacker would need to do is get to that location on someones system.

i know that several passwords and logins are stored in the registory if you know where to look. does the EU login info reside somewhere locally as well? if it does, then all a hacker would need to do is get to that location on someones system.

Yes, if you decide to store the form password on the login page. It is stored into the registry and some software can recover it. Also most importantly...

ANY PROGRAM RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME AS EU, CAN STEAL YOUR ACCOUNT!!!

it is really simple, requires a 10 minutes piece of software to get that...

Lets watch and see how MA will treat Loki, and learn the attitude MA will have with all of our investments.

For a company promoting virtual banking, I hope they will not ignore thousands of USD being covertly taken from one account to another in a universe they control.

im filling in a forum to Kent police atm. will keep you updated.

First off sorry about that loss.
A former soc mate was hacked once and did quit back then.
He had not nearly as much money/stuff on him as you, but even if he wanted to, in his country there would have been no possibility to report the crime.

I am very interested in how the police in UK will handle that and how good MA will cooperate.
If you have news you are willing to share please do.

Hey Loki,

i want to say that i feel sorry for you.

I once couldnt log in, getting the "your avatar is already logged in" msg. I was frightened to death.
Good there were Leeloo, Mallo [RIP ;( ] and Vedder around asking ppl and checking the area i logged off last time... well in the end it was (just) a failure and resyncronizing my GC solved it.

Its hard to hear you didnt fetch this card one day. I hate to imagine losing a good guy like you due to this! They wont do, but i hope that our beloved and trusted provider helpyou in any way.
When you say that the Avi and appartment were stripped, i was thinkin that probaly the thief transferred all to other avatars, which would make it easy for MindArk to track the robbery.
Anyway i would contact local police. MA stated they would hand out logfiles in such case.

Horrible to hear this!

PPL get GoldCards!! :(

regards
chesta

I was running to the rig from Twin Peaks this evening (23:00 MA Time) for the newbie rig shindig tomorrow evening when I came across an avi by the name of Loki "T - something" at the first outpost (not the second) before the rig I can't remember the 2nd name beginning with "T" exactly but if it was recited to me I'd remember it, not sure if this is relevant.... anyway GL with your account "de-hacking" mate - if you need a full Kobold or Rascal I'll provide it free of charge...................

thx all. yes i will get the police (swedish and english) both have a few laws that cover this kinda thing and european law covers it to i believe, im reading up atm. but first ill see how MA will handle this. i think they deserve a chance to help public relations and show us that our money is safe. im sure with the new banking system comeing in secruity will be a must now.

lol im going to sweden at end of the month anyway so might pop in and see if marco or anyone will talk to me too lol

My avatars Full Name is Loki Loki Ison.
out of the 3 other loki`s in game ive see in resent years they all seem like good people..so only look out for Loki Loki Ison ava pic too the left. even though im told the outfits gone :`(

Lets watch and see how MA will treat Loki, and learn the attitude MA will have with all of our investments.

For a company promoting virtual banking, I hope they will not ignore thousands of USD being covertly taken from one account to another in a universe they control.

To be fair they don't and can't control who has access to your PC or your password. They provide a way of securing your account with a GC and as I understand it they provide it at cost. If they tried to police every hacked or apparently hacked account they would be laying themselves open to all sorts of problems IMHO. If you don't value your own account enough to fork out a few dollars for a GC then you can hardly expect MA to value it any higher.

Despite the crappy situation he finds himself in, Loki was man enough to admit here that ultimately it was his responsibility to secure his account.
I really feel for you Loki and hope you can salvage something out of this.

Sorry about your loss Loki...can someone tell me how to change my password? Went to the EU website, and the only way i see to change it is to E-mail MA. Is there an easier way? And yes, i will be getting a GC now

Last edited:
Sorry about your loss Loki...can someone tell me how to change my password? Went to the EU website, and the only way i see to change it is to E-mail MA. Is there an easier way? And yes, i will be getting a GC now

Click here

Also instructions available in case you lost/forgot/got jacked of your email.

Thanks MrProper, i did find that area of the website, i was just curious if that was the only way. If so, then MA should consider making it a little easier, so people would be more likely to change their passwords regularly.

Thanks MrProper, i did find that area of the website, i was just curious if that was the only way. If so, then MA should consider making it a little easier, so people would be more likely to change their passwords regularly.

Write your email in that field and press submit. The text is for doing it any other way than that. It's poorly designed but it's nothing I can do :p

Hi,

I don't post much as I usually don't have much to say. However, unless you have a GC, and unless there are some items left on your account (I mean whomever stole your account already sold everything), the things are clear:

MA can't trust your word on the "stealing", thus will not move a finger about it. Even though you are a well known player, all you'll get from MA will, in the best case, be a respectfully: "WE'RE SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS".

Please excuse improper English.

Damn sorry to hear about this Loki I hope MA will make this right.

Sorry to hear that Loki.

Its a fear I have everytime I log on and I have a GC.

I hope things are resolved one way or another and now that I am aware I will keep and eye out for you.

Xany.

Loki this SUX's ass. Good Luck.:mad:

saw a team name ingame bout u...sry to hear.

regarding changing password...i'd just login few times on my own with some wrong pass to force some lock :confused: but sure, hacker will prolly try emptying u in one go...

hope it works out well for you, gl!

Last edited:
To be fair they don't and can't control who has access to your PC or your password. They provide a way of securing your account with a GC and as I understand it they provide it at cost. If they tried to police every hacked or apparently hacked account they would be laying themselves open to all sorts of problems IMHO. If you don't value your own account enough to fork out a few dollars for a GC then you can hardly expect MA to value it any higher.

Despite the crappy situation he finds himself in, Loki was man enough to admit here that ultimately it was his responsibility to secure his account.
I really feel for you Loki and hope you can salvage something out of this.

Ok, first off...you're right.

However, if we're going to be living in a universe of financial transactions large and small, security and fraud/theft resolution should not be an optional thing you have to buy.

So far, I have seen no reports of GC hacks. However, GC or not...it seems like a MA company policy to do nothing.

The attitude MA take to these issues = too bad. If your items got hacked. No tracing, no resolution, seems to be their rule.

Is hard to imagine the great bright future of banks and RL purchases with this approach.

I'm hoping for a ray of sunshine here, but...well, we'll have to wait and see.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
right, and since an ava can be worth thusands of real dollars, you would think a high end ava would have the 200 PED from a hof or something for a lil GC, wich anyone who gets the "scared hacked feeling" at any point in time and has the PED with value on their account would prolly make it a priority to get to protect their investment/assets. :rolleyes:

and like you told someone earlier in the thread to just come out and say it..........

I dont buy it, and i think ur full of BS, but thats just my opinion and im entitled to it :silly2:

regardless of how I feel,

an entropian leaving is never a good thing

[Deleted]

*gives Loki a big hug* This so suck hun...
Thought you were gonna put off your plans to visit sweden, but since we're still on, then I'll help you out as much as I can..

Last edited by a moderator:
[Deleted] Loki is prolly one of the most genuine individuals in this game. Its a sad thing to see something like this happen to a member of EU, especially one such as Loki. I've only known himfor a short time, but guarantee this is genuine, he's getting screwed, not you Status, [Deleted]. People give up on your f**king conspiracy theories, this isn't one of them, Loki has gotten ripped [Deleted].

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I fail to understand MA's lack of action on cases like these.

Point 1 - PED's mean nothing to a real thief until they are removed from the game.

Point 2 - MA track/log all transactions so they can see the path of all the items.

Point 3 - If the thief is in game and can use the items or PED then MA can identify the culprit and lock the account.

The only thing that can't be watched for is if an Ava sells all and then claims to have been hacked. This can be solved by reversing all transactions for the ava in the last X hours/days. The ava account is then locked and all trades are investigated. If the ava is found to have been faking a hack the ava is perma locked. If the traders are found to have been in a situation where they should have known better have a temp lock, permenant for repeat offenders. If more than one ava from a given IP address scamms or hacks then ban the IP and flag other IP's assigned to the same service provider for fraud monitoring.

The person that is doing this is the worst kind of scum this virtual world has and I would like to see them eradicated. MA should take note, it's customers want something done about this.

Loki - I feel for you. GC or no this should not be allowed to happen to anyone.

Grounder

NICELY stated!!! ++rep for you grounder .. and folks who know loki can help be trying to keep eyes open for other stuff as well..

Back