Handicapping WoF

Team Amethera is better than Team Eudoria! :yay:

:nana:

Did you look at last years results? ;) We'll see:D

I believe Team Eudoria was the 6th Seeded team last year :)

Last edited:
After last year's WoF, I'd be hard pressed to not take Romania @ 17:1 odds, but... USA at 5:1?! 10k EFD on the USA, please.

Team Eudoria that low eh? Prepare to eat crow. :D;)

I'll wager 1000 EFD on Team America.

Though I'm torn between my country and team Tibet, my IRC partners in crime :bandit:

...The name comes from when Christopher Columbus sailed across the ocean looking for India. He actually landed in America, which is why people still refer to Native Americans as "Indians"....

The part about the native Americans being called "Indians" because Columbus thought he reached India is correct... however....

Wikipedia said:
Amerigo Vespucci (March 9, 1454 - February 22, 1512) was an Italian merchant, explorer and cartographer. He played a senior role in two voyages which explored the east coast of South America between 1499 and 1502. On the first of these voyages he discovered that South America extended much further south than believed by other European explorers crossing the Atlantic, who thought they were reaching Asia (the Indies). Vespucci's voyages became widely known in Europe after two accounts attributed to him were published between 1502 and 1504. In 1507, Martin Waldseemüller produced a world map on which he named the new continent America after Vespucci's first name, Amerigo.

Wikipedia said:
Amerigo Vespucci (March 9, 1454 - February 22, 1512) was an Italian merchant, explorer and cartographer. He played a senior role in two voyages which explored the east coast of South America between 1499 and 1502. On the first of these voyages he discovered that South America extended much further south than believed by other European explorers crossing the Atlantic, who thought they were reaching Asia (the Indies). Vespucci's voyages became widely known in Europe after two accounts attributed to him were published between 1502 and 1504. In 1507, Martin Waldseemüller produced a world map on which he named the new continent America after Vespucci's first name, Amerigo.

Some think differently:

Richard Amerike - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I insist that America is now disqualified from the competition for submitting a continent rather than a country.

So team Eudoria and team Amethera disqualified too? :D

So team Eudoria and team Amethera disqualified too? :D

Good point well made, so far thats:

America,
Sweden (for being a planet)
Eudoria
Amtherea

disqualified. Anyone got some more? Thinking Oz is technically a continent also, so they should go too! :D

There are three kinds of people in the world, Dicks... Oops wrong team america! I will put 500 EFD on team America, and remember, there is no I in team america ;).

Good point well made, so far thats:

America,
Sweden (for being a planet)
Eudoria
Amtherea

disqualified. Anyone got some more? Thinking Oz is technically a continent also, so they should go too! :D

I don't think any of the people in Team Tibet are from Tibet - DISQUALIFIED

And I'm pretty sure none of the people in Team Cuba are from Cuba - DISQUALIFIED

Its a fair point, technically America is a continent. Yes, some of us assume it means the USA, but not all of us.

I insist that America is now disqualified from the competition for submitting a continent rather than a country.

*see odds for England win drop to 3-1* :evilking:

Yep, Their team name is confusing. How can Team Canada, Team Brasil and Team Cuba also have a Team America lumping all 3 teams together?

Unless we are talking about a team from the United States of America. If this is the case then their team should be called "Team USA"

We will allow them the abbreviation, as "Team United States of America" would probably not fit as a team name.

So, unless this bogus team rename themselves correctly, they should play no part in the WoF

:silly2:

I don't think any of the people in Team Tibet are from Tibet - DISQUALIFIED

And I'm pretty sure none of the people in Team Cuba are from Cuba - DISQUALIFIED

At this rate England will win by default! Its going well so far huh! :yay:

There are three kinds of people in the world, Dicks... Oops wrong team america! I will put 500 EFD on team America, and remember, there is no I in team america ;).

Yes there is

Team AmerIca!!!
Lol

But for sure there are no I's in Team Canada... but there is a me ;)

Ciao
Lexxy

Yes there is

Team AmerIca!!!
Lol

But for sure there are no I's in Team Canada... but there is a me ;)

Ciao
Lexxy

You obviously missed the movie reference. ;):laugh:

Oh, and quit trying to keep us out of beerfest!

No way Team Brazil would lump together with Team "Cuba", because we speak portuguese, and they speak french...
:vampire:

Yep, Their team name is confusing. How can Team Canada, Team Brasil and Team Cuba also have a Team America lumping all 3 teams together?

Unless we are talking about a team from the United States of America. If this is the case then their team should be called "Team USA"

We will allow them the abbreviation, as "Team United States of America" would probably not fit as a team name.

So, unless this bogus team rename themselves correctly, they should play no part in the WoF

:silly2:

Team Greece: 100 to 1
so 100 odds to win 1 tolose??:D

This year sweden will win, usa just got lucky last gear :)

Metatron

Did you consider this when calculating the odds?

- Unique Terminator
- AMM
- AIMK2
- Foeripper
- Mod Teg
- Ability to go places we aren't welcome and kill things (Thanks GWB!)

Team America has all of these!

Sweden have:
IMKII
AIMKII
MM
Imp Strikehammer
Mod terg

And yeah... Allmost everyone in Team Sweden are in Entropias 2 most skilled socs :)

Last edited:
Check again. Here are all of the continents in the world:
North America
Europe
South America
Antarctica
Asia
Australia
Africa

"America" is another way to say "The United States of America". That is why we are called "Americans", and Canadians and Mexicans are not (they are the other two countries located on the continent of North America). The name comes from when Christopher Columbus sailed across the ocean looking for India. He actually landed in America, which is why people still refer to Native Americans as "Indians". So, before they declared independence from England, the USA was just "America". After the Revolutionary War is when the name fully became "The United States of America".

Here is an excerpt from a website that details this:

"How America finally came to be considered a New and Distinct Continent. But even after America was named, the idea that it was a distinct and separate division of the globe was not generally accepted. Some thought that South America was a great island or southern continent (like Australia); but the majority believed, with Columbus, that it was simply an immense peninsula projecting from southeastern Asia. People, indeed, spoke of the "New World," but all that they usually meant by that expression was newly discovered lands."

Leading Facts of American History

Australia is part of the continent of Oceania. Australia is often misquoted as a continent. But its really oceania. Otherwise your suggesting there are other continents such as NewZealand or Papua New Guinea.

Australia is 3 Things to the World

Australia is part of the continent of Oceania. Australia is often misquoted as a continent. But its really oceania. Otherwise your suggesting there are other continents such as NewZealand or Papua New Guinea.

Sorry Westy ur wrong too lol

Australia is 3 things:

1. A country (officially its the Commonwealth of Australia) and covers the entire island continent

2. Its an Island one of the largest if not the largest as it is a land mass surrounded by water;

3. Finally its a continent as well do to its large size :)

The term Oceania is actually a regional reference as Oceania is a region. It includes the Countries Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, to name a few

I hope this clarifies the situation slightly (not wanting to spoil anyone's fun lmao) :)

Indeed. When saying 'Im american' I've never found anyone surprised I speak english, or asking if I like living in bolivia. o_0

Cent, you don't speak English. :D

Why is belgium above the netherlands :eek:
They never win something you should know!

:laugh:
I have 500 EFD on Team America baby :dance:

Sorry Westy ur wrong too lol

Australia is 3 things:

1. A country (officially its the Commonwealth of Australia) and covers the entire island continent

2. Its an Island one of the largest if not the largest as it is a land mass surrounded by water;

3. Finally its a continent as well do to its large size :)

The term Oceania is actually a regional reference as Oceania is a region. It includes the Countries Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, to name a few

I hope this clarifies the situation slightly (not wanting to spoil anyone's fun lmao) :)

If that were true, then New Zealand, Papua New Guinea etc wouldn't be part of any continent.

Westy is correct - Australia is a country, and is part of the continent of Oceania (also sometimes known as Australasia).

Yep, me and my foster sister had an huge fight about what the continents were, as she is from Portugal and me from Scotland, and it turns out that various countries choose to class different places as continents, so what we are told in Scotland are the continents of the world are not the same as those they teach in Portugal.
I did not know that until that day, we were both very drunk and the arguement got totally out of hand as both of us were thinking the other one was wrong about it when actually we were both right.

Just something to bare in mind. Don't wanna see anyone else get in such a fight as we did over something so trivial.

....Using a secret formula ....
Team .....
Team SAfrca: 100 to 1

You mean SAfrica, but i like it, no I in South Africa...

Soooo..... Centech, are you willing to buy that opalo i have, from me for... well.......... lets say tt +10 000 ped... if we win ??

and i would love to buy that opalo you have for well lets say tt+100 ped if we do not win ?

You might want to wait to see the score of Stage 1 before you decide if you want to buy my opalo...

:)

MP

Sorry Putty, it would be against the EULA for me to take your offer. Anyway, I'm not a gambling man.. :rolleyes:

Once the results are posted from the first round I think it will show my numbers to be pretty sound. By my estimations 4 of the top 5 scorers were 4 of my top 5 rated teams. I'll be adjusting the lines after the scores are posted and the matches analyzed. If there is interest, which there seems to be, I'll continue this throughout the tournament.

No offense, but I think Team England is stronger than Team Tibet... and I thought that before they racked up the highest score recently.

Back