Handicapping WoF

Indeed, I can assure you when the next round of odds comes out England will have moved up.

Did you consider this when calculating the odds?

- Unique Terminator
- AMM
- AIMK2
- Foeripper
- Mod Teg
- Ability to go places we aren't welcome and kill things (Thanks GWB!)

Team America has all of these!

America.... lol u need a country there m8 1st ,..like USA for example, then u`ll have fair odds :D

America.... lol u need a country there m8 1st ,..like USA for example, then u`ll have fair odds :D

I've said before, I've got no problem with the name America for the American Team; like the Netherlands could be the Holland or Dutch Team, America, or the USA are valid names for where Americans live:)

Hurrikane

If we aren't "Americans" then what do you call us?:scratch2:

Most countries consider "America" another name for the USA, but apparently a few are taught that "America" somehow encompasses both of the continents of North and South America, or just one... Not sure how that works. Didn't we already go over this? :)

Did you consider this when calculating the odds?

- Unique Terminator
- AMM
- AIMK2
- Foeripper
- Mod Teg
- Ability to go places we aren't welcome and kill things (Thanks GWB!)

Team America has all of these!

Just kidding u m8

USA- United States of AMERICA

AMERCICA - AMERICANs

WoF USA is registered - so Americans have the guns and all that gear, not team America..... m`i right ?

Last edited:
Hmm ... I consider Brazilians, Peruvians, Mexicans etc. to be Americans (i.e. people who were born in the continent of America)

America is a continent which is geographically divided into a northern half and a southern half. The United States of America is a country in the northern half, and yes, there are Americans in it too. :)

So, I think it's a valid point about Team America vs Team USA.

(On a side point, it sounds a lot like Team America World Police - which was a quite fantastic movie)

Europe is a continent, like America.

Last time I checked America was a continent, not a country.

America is non existant its.

North-America And South-America.

*Edit* Didnt read the whole thread so answer is just double :)

Please, I'm not an American, I'm a Canadian, those that live south of the 49th parallel are Americans, or would you prefer if we call them U.S.icans :scratch2:

Tox :cool:

America is non existant its.

North-America And South-America.

*Edit* Didnt read the whole thread so answer is just double :)

I'm sorry that your country teaches it differently, but you are wrong. The country is "America". "The United States of" is just a title signifying that the collection of states in the country known as America are united into a single country. This is how it is taught to every single person on this side of the world, because we actually live here. Only Americans are from America (aka USA). Canadians are NOT from America. Mexicans are NOT from America. Any resident in a country on the continent of South America is also NOT from America. In fact, if you ask any of these countries, they will tell you that you are wrong. If you were taught that there is no country known as "America" then you might want to go back and re-evaluate your past education and see whatever else you may have been misinformed about. It is insulting to claim such things when you don't even live on any of these continents (to all countries here, not just Americans), so please take that into consideration next time you go making claims based on your own country's opinion.

Oh, and the movie "Team America, World Police" refers to the USA as the world police, not every country on the two continents here. Do you think that is a typo? I think not. You're welcome for the geography lesson. :)

The american continent is made up of three americas not just two.

You forget Central America.

When all these people are making their case for the American "continent", when did North and South America get combined into one continent. Better yet, for this last poster, since when was Central America considered not part of the North American continent?

hmm i seem to have happened across some bloody geography lession ;)

When all these people are making their case for the American "continent", when did North and South America get combined into one continent. Better yet, for this last poster, since when was Central America considered not part of the North American continent?

I was taught about "America" the continent as being north, central and south. I was taught that in school in Houston Texas so if i am wrong its down to the USA schooling system.

I was taught about "America" the continent as being north, central and south. I was taught that in school in Houston Texas so if i am wrong its down to the USA schooling system.

Lol you were taught in the southern education system, which explains a lot.

When I was in grade school I started out in New York state then moved to Florida. Their education system was so far behind that I was considered a borderline genius. After living there for two years, I moved back to New York state and found out I was behind and the material was so much harder and more in depth. I guess that is why so many southerners believe in magic instead of science (aka the Bible). By the way, more Americans that *still* support Bush can be found in the south. Religion is one of the main reasons the US has been sticking its nose where it doesn't belong lately... Hopefully Barack Obama will change that. Whoa, did I get off topic, or what? :)

Anyway... The correct way to look at this situation from a worldly standpoint is that those living in a country/continent choose the politically correct versions of the names. You can call us The United States of Poop for all I care, but it won't change what the real names are. Therefore, not only is "Team America" 100% correct, but it is also perfectly usable in WoF without objection.

Americas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Americas are the lands of the Western hemisphere or New World, consisting of the continents of North America and South America with their associated islands and regions. The Americas cover 8.3% of the Earth's total surface area (28.4% of its land area) and contain about 14% of the human population (about 900 million people). The Americas may alternatively be referred to as America; however, America may be ambiguous, as it can refer to either this entire landmass or just the United States of America.

In other words, it is known that some countries refer to the "Americas" as "America", although it is ambiguous because the USA is "America". If you refer to all of the continent as the Americas, you are correct. If you think there are 3 continents, you are wrong. Neither of the two continents are known as just America, because that is another name for the USA.

Lol you were taught in the southern education system, which explains a lot.

I am still recovering :laugh:

As for what USA want to call their team makes no difference to me just as long as they dont pick up on the fact Wales isnt a country its a principality :eek:

Good luck to the Yanks ;)

I am still recovering :laugh:

As for what USA want to call their team makes no difference to me just as long as they dont pick up on the fact Wales isnt a country its a principality :eek:

Good luck to the Yanks ;)

Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wales (Welsh: Cymru;[1] pronounced /ˈkəmrɨ/) Wales is one of the four constituent countries of the United Kingdom.

And a principality :)

If Wales ain't a country, then neither are England, Scotland or Northern Ireland, which is just silly :)

Wales is a country. America is just a descriptive term for a country in North America.

Well my formula was very simple. Gear gave bonus points so to speak. I think at least 10 of sweden's 12 have MM or imk2 + mod or imp fap. This skewed the results highly in their favor.

Nice thread !

What gear did you use in your formula to calculate the result of Portugal ?
With a result of 75 to 1, it must have been Opalo all the way :D

Anyway... The correct way to look at this situation from a worldly standpoint is that those living in a country/continent choose the politically correct versions of the names. You can call us The United States of Poop for all I care, but it won't change what the real names are. Therefore, not only is "Team America" 100% correct, but it is also perfectly usable in WoF without objection.

LOOOOOOL

U can call yourself whatever u like, but not change the team name under u r sign. The nationality isn`t an issue here .WHAT TEAM U REGISTER THAT TEAM CAN PLAY M8 !!!!
If u r correct as u say u r ,then 70% all team`s register here can "call themselves" WOF EUROPE TEAM cause "the Americans" call us Europeans !!!!! :woohoo::lolup:

1 country - 1 name ,...so if u wanna elaborate the continents and what country belongs on what continent, and how do they call themselves, among themselves, make a CoF (Continents of Firepower) or even NoF (Nations of Firepower) u might learn something.
I know where do i stand in this story, do u ? Don`t be 100% sure ;)
AND plsssss make that COF so Europe can wup your ass :yay:

Last edited:
LOOOOOOL

U can call yourself whatever u like, but not change the team name under u r sign. The nationality isn`t an issue here .WHAT TEAM U REGISTER THAT TEAM CAN PLAY M8 !!!!
If u r correct as u say u r ,then 70% all team`s register here can "call themselves" WOF EUROPE TEAM cause "the Americans" call us Europeans !!!!! :woohoo::lolup:

1 country - 1 name ,...so if u wanna elaborate the continents and what country belongs on what continent, and how do they call themselves, among themselves, make a CoF (Continents of Firepower) or even NoF (Nations of Firepower) u might learn something.
I know where do i stand in this story, do u ? Don`t be 100% sure ;)
AND plsssss make that COF so Europe can wup your ass :yay:

I would go claiming things about your country too, but I'm not even sure I could point it out on a map. What has your country contributed to the world? :p

Either way, we can settle this in WoF. Good luck to team Serbia! :D

I would go claiming things about your country too, but I'm not even sure I could point it out on a map. What has your country contributed to the world? :p

Either way, we can settle this in WoF. Good luck to team Serbia! :D

Fair enough ;) If u ever wanna learn something about Serbia, r contribution to world, r history,... don`t hesitate to ask
some info....
Europe, Southern Europe, Balcan penincula, Belgrade is the capitol of Serbia.....i think now u can point me on a globe :silly2:

Good luck to USA wof team and all Americans that represent it ;)

Last edited:
100 ped on Eudoria please...

So what does the draw for Stage 3 do for the odds now? :)

Ah, good question.. I will update my odds this weekend probably.

Americas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In other words, it is known that some countries refer to the "Americas" as "America", although it is ambiguous because the USA is "America". If you refer to all of the continent as the Americas, you are correct. If you think there are 3 continents, you are wrong. Neither of the two continents are known as just America, because that is another name for the USA.

And I add this, from Continent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The seven-continent model is usually taught in Western Europe, Northern Europe, Central Europe, Southeastern Europe, China and most English-speaking countries. The six-continent combined-Eurasia model is preferred by the geographic community, Russia, Eastern Europe, and Japan. The six-continent combined-America model is taught in Latin America, the Iberian Peninsula, Italy, Iran, Greece and some other parts of Europe; this model may be taught to include only the five inhabited continents (excluding Antarctica)[19][20]—as depicted in the Olympic logo."

So, this is an useless geography discussion, since the number of continents is not absolute. Imo, the 6 continent model makes more sense, since there are 6 discreet landmasses...

Anyway, even if you would consider south and north america to be united in one continent, this continent would be called "Americas" and never "America", since that is the name of the USA (United States of America). But, if it's "Americas" it must be 2 anyway, so that unification is nonsense. Plus, if you look at the map, there are 2 very distinct landmasses there.

Curiously, in early republican Brazilian era, we were called "United States of Brazil"...:laugh:

Can I have my 100 ped back please...?

Hmmm...

I've just been looking at the schedule and what would happen if....*ahem*...I mean when Eudoria progress to the next round we will (going by current form) be in a group with England, Romania and probably Australia...

Concerned? A little.

Shitting my pants? A bit.

Giving up? Never! :D

Last edited:
Hmmm...

I've just been looking at the schedule and what would happen if....*ahem*...I mean when Eudoria progress to the next round we will (going by current form) be in a group with England, Romania and probably Austrailia...

Concerned? A little.

Shitting my pants? A bit.

Giving up? Never! :D

That would be a tough group for all teams involved mate! ;)

Please change your underpants btw.

Kev :cool:

Team Sweden: 3 to 1
Team England: 11 to 1
Team Romania: 17 to 1

These were the original odds: what odds now, must be a real close call between all three teams to choose a winner?

Team Sweden: 3 to 1
Team England: 11 to 1
Team Romania: 17 to 1

These were the original odds: what odds now, must be a real close call between all three teams to choose a winner?

I dont think so... both England and Romania are underdogs in the final. And in this final round there is no easy mob or easy place to hunt. So that makes sweden have a big lead becouse skills/gear.

I dont think so... both England and Romania are underdogs in the final. And in this final round there is no easy mob or easy place to hunt. So that makes sweden have a big lead becouse skills/gear.

I would say it is the other way around. Looking at the way these matches have played out, and judging many of them, I would say that England and Romania are joint favourites, with Sweden being the underdogs in this match. From the performances so far.

I feel that Sweden have relied on Awesome skills and gear so far. The other 2 teams, have had fantastic organisaton and support. Probably eclipsed in Gear and Skills in the main team, but not as organised in the organisation/support department.

Whatever, it is gonna be one HELL OF A MATCH :sniper:

...I feel that Sweden have relied on Awesome skills and gear so far. The other 2 teams, have had fantastic organisaton and support. Probably eclipsed in Gear and Skills in the main team, but not as organised in the organisation/support department...

Having seen most of the WOF from the perspective of judging (and filming a bit) I would definately agree with this. Not taking anything away from Sweden - they had a record setting performance against the Daspletors. But as impressive at it was, it was brute force hunting. We will see which team studies the mob list and uses nature to it's advantage :wise: There is always a method to the madness that it the moblist ;)

Back