Hangars (a simple plea)

Skippie

Slayer
Society
Soldier of Fortune
Darth Skippie Boobie
I have been standing in Twin now for about an hour, during the peak time for American players, on a Thursday, nothing uncommon about it really. And not only has there never been one pilot bounce in, but there are 3-4 of us begging for a flight. No one on my fl that flies regularly be they a cp hunter or a cnd miner has a pilot on fl.

ARE ALL HANGARS NOW OWNED BY PPL THAT SIMPLY BOUGHT HANGARS FOR THE PURPOSES OF SPECULATING ON HANGAR REAL ESTATE WITH THE EXPANSION INTO SPACE?

Or are some of you assholes still working?

Ok, thanks. /rant mode off

I can't imagine anyone with 12k USD to spare for a virtual property would really be bothered with earning 3USD per hour flying. Sad but true.

Hmmm that is not the best way to ask pilots to provide their service you know.

Im european and cannot fly at the hours you ask for (unfortunately as it seems it would be great).

Sbi - certified pilot asshole

did you happen to check over on the services threads for pilots? maybe if you ask one nice they will suspend their hunting and fly you about.

Rent me a hangar and I can fly @ night (I'm european)

Ive been flying for almost 2 years... but since we cant rent hangars anymore I lost my bird...
now I have deposited to buy one... so find me a hangar for sale that dont cost 1mill ped and you have one more 12hour a day pilote ingame.

ARE ALL HANGARS NOW OWNED BY PPL THAT SIMPLY BOUGHT HANGARS FOR THE PURPOSES OF SPECULATING ON HANGAR REAL ESTATE WITH THE EXPANSION INTO SPACE?

yep. some brought up 2 or 3 and now just sit on them. but give it 6 months, when "space opens up" there'll be an alternative as new IRL investors wont be relying on the whims a couple of dozen hanger owners.

Sorry hon , I work Fridays (your Thursdays)
RL ped, ya know ;)

... any other day, I'm available tho :)

Oh, and I've been on CND for the past 3 hrs... in that time 4 passengers have flown down :)
I've been selling flights myself for over an hour, with no seats sold yet.
ATM, flying requires large amounts of patience on the part of both passengers and pilots.

Last edited:
No one on my fl that flies regularly be they a cp hunter or a cnd miner has a pilot on fl.

Hi, thanks for calling us assholes btw, really mature of you. Always nice to recieve some slander...

Real people - not npc's.

Anyway.
Pilots are not omnipotent. If you don't tell one there are no other pilots, they assume there are. Why? Because they are all too used to there being 5 others in any given place at any given time to compete with.

Besides, if a person wants to buy a house, who are you to tell them that they should be sleeping there?
(Or how they should place their furniture - an analogy for the ones that do use it, but only for private use)

There is nothing that can be done about it by me or you anyway. Either more Americans buy hangars/you get a pilot on your fl who will be online/wait till space opens up, as there will be more destinations, amoung other things, to cause more pilots to be active.

It's all down to there being too many people for the same gig, so they all just bow out gracefully since they can't be bothered. I haven't flown regularly in quite some time because of all the aggrivation the renters caused with the whole pilot wars era (about 8 months actually), but pretty soon i'll start back - not to my old standards (6-15 hours), but i'll place thursday, at your time on my list. (Which is 5am, so if i get grief i'm off again as i feel that my sleep is worth more than a little bit of ped.)

With that said, can we all go back to playing nicely now?

Pheonyx

Last edited:
I have been trying to get customers for a flight down from CND for a week. But there are too many pilots around, and too few customers. So I log out and play some other game instead of standing around waiting for hours.

Saw 6 or 7 people in Twin last night looking for a flight.
Poor pilot when he did finally show up .. he was lucky to get out of there with his toes intact.

You were one of them, Skippie
STILL LOOKING ??
Damn .. :eek:

But I agree with this :

The Nightbird said:
can't imagine anyone with 12k USD to spare for a virtual property would really be bothered with earning 3USD per hour flying. Sad but true.

Good luck getting up there ...

must

kill

aliens ...

I have been standing in Twin now for about an hour, during the peak time for American players, on a Thursday, nothing uncommon about it really. And not only has there never been one pilot bounce in, but there are 3-4 of us begging for a flight. No one on my fl that flies regularly be they a cp hunter or a cnd miner has a pilot on fl.

Had the exact same experience in Twin earlier today (circa 15:00 MA time), after finally buying an apartment on CND and wanting to go check it out.

3 or 4 of us were spamming for a pilot and asking if anyone had one on their FL or in their society, for at least 45 mins.

I'm just hoping that when space finally "opens up", we will be given new options for travel other than waiting for a large investor in the game to generously spend their time effectively working for peanuts.

:eyecrazy:

ok, i wasn't actually calling pilots assholes. i'm an american. sorry, we talk like that, i know it's brash.

yes, mom, i finally found that poor pilot. me and the other guy immediately viped up to cp so he could come back 5 minutes later and get a cnd trip going.

it was a very frustrating experience to burn a whole night of gameplay looking for a 5 minute flight to meet a soc mate that was logged in and waiting for me for oh, about 3.5 hours.

i'm sorry guys, but if there really is a pilot "industry" still in game at this point. waiting around in the one city where everyone goes to find flights and standing there for 3-4 hours is just unsufferable.

as one of my soc mates suggested last night, MA should drop 10-20+ new hangars into the mix on some new vu and stir the pot a bit on all these ppl that own hangar deeds that just stand vacant. if it's such a good "investment" why not release 50-100 more. the current number that exist, is obviously not providing the service they are intended to provide in game, as they can't be rented any longer. the inability to find pilots is restricting movement in game and affecting normal gameplay.

serica and bernz are my normal pilots, and yes, they both took an odd night off. i don't fault them at all for my troubles. it was abnormal not to be able to find one of these folks. they run such professional and prompt flights. i'm always willing to fly with either of them. i should also say that.

it makes me think if i could buy a booth at cp for storage uses, that's i'd take up residence and never come down, just due to the lack of the ability to fly easily back and forth in game.

must

kill

aliens ...

haha, yep. i said that several times.

i'm sorry guys, but if there really is a pilot "industry" still in game at this point. waiting around in the one city where everyone goes to find flights and standing there for 3-4 hours is just unsufferable.

The problem is NOT that it is too few hangars around. There are plenty.
The problem is that it is too tedious to be a pilot, and not enough customers.
The profit is frankly too small for enough pilots to stand around for hours for few customers to turn up.

If the whole process could be (partially) automated more (all?) spaceships would be available while the owner are having fun doing stuff (and spending PEDs) instead of falling alseep doing nothing.

It'd be nice if there were lots more hangars. Perhaps some of them would get into the hands of savvy businessmen and service providers rather than speculators. Hell, maybe even the price of hangars would become affordable if sufficient hangars were introduced so that the market was saturated.

Oh well, maybe the orbs will negate the need to wait for pilots altogether. Then we could come and go as we please without being at the mercy of absent hangar owners.

AG

..must kill aliens...

must

kill

aliens ...

.. sorry. couldn't resist.

The problem is NOT that it is too few hangars around. There are plenty.
The problem is that it is too tedious to be a pilot, and not enough customers.
The profit is frankly too small for enough pilots to stand around for hours for few customers to turn up.

In short, the price of owning a hanger has now exceeded the potential profits to be gained from them.

This is especially true now that you can no longer "rent" them. A person buying a hanger for profit must now actually use it in order to gain anything from it.

It will become as it should have been: Only folks who use hangers for personal use or are willing to put the time/effort into being a pilot will be the ones owning hangers.

The longer "speculators" hold onto their now useless hangers, the more I suspect they will lose in the end. The pilots they intend to sell their hangers to will simply not pay the king's ransom they expect.

Someone will undoubtedly ask:
But what about when Space opens up
The answer is simple: If the hanger owner is too busy to run a pilot's biz now, what makes you think they'll have any more time available in the near future?

Space or no space, the fact is that buying a hanger for massive cash and not being able to use it is now simply a poor investment.

As soon as the price rose above $2k this was always gonna be a prob once MA sorted the renting bug.

Wow and I bitch when I have to wait 3 hours for public transit in RL

Doesn’t everyone schedule their flights online in the EF or other forums first so they know when their flight is just like RL and don’t have to waste precious playing time

Like to see people try to get a flight in RL in 5min to anywhere they want unless your bill gates even he needs to tell his pilot to get the jet ready

From ND's latest postings, some interesting data.

He sold 2 hangars to a bank. That likely means that they are currently not being operated.

...must...kill...aliens...

CND has docking facilities for 80 spacecraft. I wonder if this is the total count of hangars? Has anyone actually done that math?

AG

I have a hangar, to fly my socmates and myself around whenever we want to, but usually I just let autopilot take care of it.

How would more hangars being introduced solve anything? Prices would still be high, and many will still be bought just for personal use or investment. 5 more pilots on the market will not make a big difference I think, just more pilots competing at peak hours, putting some of them off too maybe.

One solution that would make everyone happy is some sort of booking/automated flight system I guess.

From ND's latest postings, some interesting data.

He sold 2 hangars to a bank. That likely means that they are currently not being operated.

...must...kill...aliens...

CND has docking facilities for 80 spacecraft. I wonder if this is the total count of hangars? Has anyone actually done that math?

AG

No, he sold the 2 hangars to buy the bank. You can not take loans on hangars because banks do not accept deeds.

No, he sold the 2 hangars to buy the bank. You can not take loans on hangars because banks do not accept deeds.

I guess I should learn to read things more closely. :ahh:
Thanks...must...kill...aliens...for correcting me!

AG

Just noticed that site I linked hasn't been updated in months .. ack.

Current pilots should get together, and set up a management website. Where they have specific hours that each pilot covers, which would work well for players and pilots.
Pilots don't have to pilot ALL THE TIME .. and we don't have to wait hours for a flight.

Of course .. that would require cooperation and teamwork .. :eek:

If the whole process could be (partially) automated more (all?) spaceships would be available while the owner are having fun doing stuff (and spending PEDs) instead of falling alseep doing nothing.

I've always thought this would be the solution once the new planets arrived.
The new planet owners wouldn't want their customer supply stuck on Calypso due to the bottleneck there.

You could go to a hangar, look at the itinerary (I think ABE has something that looks like this on the wall), figure out when the ship was arriving/departing and book your place in advance.
No physical pilot necessary, still 4 passenger limit (maybe # can change), to make sure not only a few hangars get used.

MA has been saying all along that Hangars will get more use when space opens up, No way they will hang them out to dry when it finally does.

Whats going to happen is that new hangars will be introduced but they wont be on calypso.

Cnd is suppose to be a hub for the space expansion so what's going to happen is there will be hangars opened up on the new planets that will only fly to space and back their own planet.

Then there will be free range ships added for travel in the actual space expansion.

Thats my opinion but I'm sure it holds some truths.

there are tons of poor, really poor noobs in this game. i am sure there are plenty who would work for these hangar owners. MA should institute a system allowing these owners to employ people to run flights for them. would require a system where owners could give poor soc mates or something limited access to the hangar controls and whatnot, just enough to run the flights. either that or automate it with npcs like the banks have.

I'm sure he just meant it in a loving way :)

As a joke :)

Back