Hangars (a simple plea)

On your point Danielle...

Just noticed that site I linked hasn't been updated in months .. ack.

Current pilots should get together, and set up a management website. Where they have specific hours that each pilot covers, which would work well for players and pilots.
Pilots don't have to pilot ALL THE TIME .. and we don't have to wait hours for a flight.

Of course .. that would require cooperation and teamwork .. :eek:

I have put together a BETA version of a flight ticketing system. Philippe Phil Reyme is so far the only pilot to use it. The functionality in this release is JUST return trip ticket tracking for his scheduled 24 ped round trip deal he offers ( one regular up and one regular down trip at preset times each day. search for scheduled flight here on ef to find his website. ) .

Future functionality will include reserving flights etc.

Any pilots interested please PM me.
At this time Passengers can only be added by pilots.

Art

Dont forget smaller ships

Whats going to happen is that new hangars will be introduced but they wont be on calypso.

Cnd is suppose to be a hub for the space expansion so what's going to happen is there will be hangars opened up on the new planets that will only fly to space and back their own planet.

Then there will be free range ships added for travel in the actual space expansion.

Thats my opinion but I'm sure it holds some truths.

I think the following will happen:

1. a central spaceport will open up on planet. Ships can land at hangar or at spaceport.
2. A pilots list will be added to hangars so that more then one person can fly ship ( allows "renting" again )
3. New ships utilizing new fuels will be introduced. These ships will be able to land at the spaceport or a hangar the pilot owns. These ships may use a magnetic launcher to leave planet if leaving from spaceport so the economy will be greater. If leaving from a hangar then they would be nt as economical.
Going from spaceport to hangar would be a cheap trip.
4. The current ships may get nerfed to be more economical in space but not so economical leaving planet. IRL the trip to CP breaking free of gravity should be the most expensive part of the trip, not CP to CND.
5. Fuel calculations for trips off planet will be by weight. Return trip fuel calculations will also take weight into consideration. ( so scales will be attached to each seat and calibrated for local gravity.
6. Long range ships will be introduced.
7. New smaller ships will be introduced. Likely more expensive to fly but I think around the price of an apartment. Implemented like stables. Go to ground crew put deed in, on CP and CND and other destinations, land, get deed back.
Decay and fueling is done once inside ship.

Arts $0.02

I dont name specific people because it isnt necessary, it isnt about the individuals it about the practice and overall effect on the economy. Of course im gutted i missed them at 30k, or even more, but i certainly wouldnt have bought one at 100k to let it sit and not gain any income. there might well seem to be alot of hangers, but apparently there arent many actual pilots or flights. As for investments IRL, most is in pensions that are tucked away for 20-40 year time frames, very different from those market traders that play short-term game, typified by putting money in to instruments that are not directly productive in any way other than making more fiat money (ie they serve no practical, tangible purpose outside of the financial market).

What I still don't understand is why you treat a hangar any differently than you would a foeripper, a set of eon, or other item in the game that has a high market value. Those items don't let you gain any income on them yet they still remain valued around 100k peds. So, how is it different for people to own a hangar and not gain income on it?

And further, piloting isn't a requirement to own a hangar-it is a service people do for the community and their own pockets. I wonder what MA would do if all the pilots stopped offering public flights to the community.

A coupl other thoughts on this

One problem with the flight system is that it depends on some number of players who actually want to fly. It would be interesting for someone like ND or Sklaman(Sp?) to tell us if they know what the active population of eu actually is ( we know the registered users answer ) All along there has not really been enough of a passenger load.

SO lets forget what a passenger is willing to pay right now.

The cost from Calypso to CND is 45 ped. Round trip is 90 PED.

IF I was the only pilot on and there were 30 passengers at twin, I could go up with 4 at a time and round trip make 10 ped ( assuming no passengers to go down )

A long time ago an idea was floated of making oil and decay dependent on the number of passengers. This would encourage pilots to go to where the passengers are ( for RL examples see calculations of bringing stuff up and down in space shuttle )

My Idea was to do 2 things.
1. Modify oil and decay so pilots can go down from CND empty and still make some ped. NOW all pilots are selling on ground.
2. put a TP down on CND ( Calypso only ) so that people can get down without a pilot.
MA takes the 10 peds for tp trip down and puts into a fund to build a hangar with it ( buying hangar parts out of auction). When hangar is built it goes into auction.

The purchase of hangar parts will make them not quite tt food anymore. Hangar sold on auction every once in a while will help set and stabilize hangar prices.

Any passengers who do not want to give ma peds to make new hangars with can arrange to fly down with a pilot.

Art

What I still don't understand is why you treat a hangar any differently than you would a foeripper, a set of eon, or other item in the game that has a high market value. Those items don't let you gain any income on them yet they still remain valued around 100k peds. So, how is it different for people to own a hangar and not gain income on it?

And further, piloting isn't a requirement to own a hangar-it is a service people do for the community and their own pockets. I wonder what MA would do if all the pilots stopped offering public flights to the community.

Isnt the issue that the hangers are there to be used for flights but aren't, so that therefore impacts on others? You cant force hanger owners to fly, but if they wont and there's an alternative system implemented to encourage use, it shouldnt be one that soley relies on automation - precisely so they aren't treated differently from foeripper and eon, you have to use them yourself while online.

Before i clicked to go to this page i was automatically sent to the last one. I noticed Burnsey's name and the second half of this post in it, so i'll assume that he has addressed it and leave it. Although since i have yet to actually read it (which i will do after i click "post") i'll maybe come back to it - Then again i have a lot of work to get finished for tomorrow so maybe not.

just to address some misunderstanding and misqoting there...
I know CND generates alot of cash, but it is my contention that this comes from a smallish number of the overall player base. maybe im wrong, but it seems that way, i often hear people say they dont go into space and cost is often a factor for many not going. Other factors are big nasty mobs (so that covers CP by proxy) and lack of storage (my point about apartment had nothing to do with value). if this is the case then it follows that people arent going to go to Planet X for the same reasons. No, Ubers wont hesitate to go, along with those that do go to CND and CP, but will they be enough? thats the point.

Firstly, i appologise for the misunderstanding i took of you mentioning appartments. There was no misquoting though. I only quoted what you said in the post right above. Anyway, my fault, sorry. Moving on swiftly.

Considering the amount that he generates in that time (figures from the horses mouth of course), i am in serious doubt that the man-power behind handing it to him is anything close to small.
A smallER number of people than calypso's hunters and miners, perhaps. But that doesn't mean small by any means.

EDIT: Simple question. If there is really such a small number of people using CP and CND, what's the problem? Why bother making it sound like such a big issue over such a tiny figure?
Rationally, asking yourself that should immediately let you see that it's a massive amount of people and that it will be more than enough. (and we are not going to be the only players, consider that planet a new game, with a new player base, it'll be fine. Companies like CK don't invest so much just to be screwed so easily. :END EDIT

In a world with a population eclipsing 6 billion, a world with 500 million people would be a small number of people in comparison. But that doesn't mean that 500 million is a small number of people. And that's essentially what your post puts across, that it is a small number of people, rather tahn a smallER number of people.
Of course, a realistic point which would seem to weaken my argument is that the people who frequent CP and CND will continue to stay at those two locations, with only some changing their fancy to the planet. However, your theory also assumes the the population will stay the same and this is where my ground solidifies again.
This is a big milestone in, not only this universe, but the gaming world and business world aswell. As such, you can bet that MA/ND/CK are planning massive advertising campeigns to bring in a hoard of new blood.

And yes, i know MA arent exactly well known for their advertising efforts, but if they do it right with this they could multiply potential gains by a massive amount and gain the attention of far more companies who would be willing to buy into the god game of making planets - and they obviously know this. They haven't been sucking us dry at every angle for the past few years because they are in the habit of letting opportunities slip by.

Are you assuming that there will be no storage on these new worlds?
Perhaps i have misunderstood again.
Sounds like it would be an imposibility for them not to have it. They will be competing with MA for the player base afterall. They want us to go over there and stay for good.
It's also likely that since we have been given the nudge to suggest that many of our weapons won't harm creatures on other planets (the example of our uber laser based weapons not being able to harm an acidic life form was David Simmons' example), that a large portion of the player base will sell off their valuables and try to get in on the ground floor of this new world.

It's as i've said though. We can discuss all we want, but it does nothing but generate arguments and tension here on EF. The larger portion of the EU population lies in game, not here. Since we don't know what they, MA, or even many of the EF locals will do, we can't say anything for certain. It's seeming more and more like a training academy for critics as the days go by.

These "discussions" will do some real damage in the community one day.

..i certainly wouldnt have bought one at 100k to let it sit and not gain any income.

Considering that offers between 120-150K are flying around left right and centre, you would have made quite a bit of profit from it just sitting there. And we all know that this isn't a one time occurence.

Back to working for me, this is all very dull and repetative.
Pheonyx

Last edited:
Back