Votes: 9 2.7%
  • I will buy 100 (100000Ped)

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • I will buy over 100 Land Lot Deeds

Votes: 26 7.8%
  • I am not buying any!

Votes: 109 32.5%

• Total voters
I've bought one for the time being. I usually deposit x-PED's every month and at that point I'll see what they're going for. If I happen to have enough PED's at that point, I'll keep buying. But I'm not going "All-in" at this point. Just baby steps until I see legitimate returns from this.

Fortunately, there will be enough spread around different players that the price shouldn't skyrocket like LA's.

Yep, but every land deed re-listed, not even sold, on auction generates at least 33.77Ped in extra Tax revenue. Of which, as I understand, 25% gets divided between the 60K deeds, so 0.01407 pec per deed per relisted on auction. :silly2:

Well not yet, if I understand right it starts 2012 to give revenue.

Actually is just the saleoff, and the resellers show their greed.

Well, have to stfu, relisted one of the 10 deeds I bought so far at extremly overpriced rate, too.

Actually I don´t think anybody buying it, but hey who knows :D

I am going to buy 50 of them if I can get them at regular price. I will NOT buy anything from these reselling morons.

MA finally did something for the true benefit of the smaller player (not me obviously) and leave it to the reseller idiots to ruin for the average guy so they can make 5 bucks off it.

I'll tell you what, if I can get the qty I want and more, I will "resell" the extras for regular price to anyone who wants one from the forum.

Normally I HATE the "evil reseller" rhetoric but at this moment I agree. These sad greedy assholes need to be dealt with.

Well, have to stfu, relisted one of the 10 deeds I bought so far at extremly overpriced rate, too.

According to the announcement.

"First revenue payouts are planned for the beginning of December 2011."

As soon as they are put up, GONE... so gl xD

What the? This thread has turned everyone back into miserable Swamp Camp niblets who protest against re-selling, and think the EU population should base all game play decisions around serving them?

people that don't want to buy resold overpriced land deeds should click the "global auction" tab on auction. there's plenty there for 1000 ped each that seem to now autorelist when sold.

for the record, i bought 1/2 of one deed. didn't see an option for that, so i voted 1.

i waited 5 years for this! My turn to hop on the train...

Selling all skills :rolleyes:

i bought a couple from the global auction. i'll get more as i can, as they are available. i wish i could get my peds out of EIF :laugh: and i'd turn them into land deeds as well. but that prolly isn't happening anytime soon (ever)

I will not purchase any but I will accept donations. I'm quite serious, and I'm sure someone will give me at least 1 share. This will allow me to participate in the political process and hopefully ascend to the seat of President as I have declared my intention years ago when MA promised the political system and failed to deliver.

What gave you the idea there will be a position of president to run for? A political system can mean many things, and only some of these have publicly electable positions of power. Even more so ones where you have people with more than one vote.

Selling the deeds in 10s when they have told people that 9 is a magic number is an interesting twist. Selling extra deeds via auction or directly to another ava is in many ways better than relisting on auction.

Selling the deeds in 10s when they have told people that 9 is a magic number is an interesting twist. Selling extra deeds via auction or directly to another ava is in many ways better than relisting on auction.

Where did you see the 9 thing?

Where did you see the 9 thing?

... Land Lot Deed holders will be able to build house(s) on the plot(s) they have staked out. (Minimum of 9 plots in a 3x3 format suitable for a structure). This system development is scheduled to begin in 2013.

edit: minimum of 9, for the smallest structure - Basic house

I am guessing more for larger structures ...

examples,

25 (5x5) .. large house,

49 (7x7) ... Mansion,

100 (10x10) ... Shop

250 (25x10) ... Bio farming plot

500 (25x20) ... Small LA

etc.

Last edited:
Gonna use the two shares I bought to do a experiment for the future.
I don't see them as an investment thou'. I see them as tiny repairkit
for a leaking, (but hopefully not sinking) ship. :) ;)

Punk Sure

Gonna use the two shares I bought to do a experiment for the future.
I don't see them as an investment thou'. I see them as tiny repairkit
for a leaking, (but hopefully not sinking) ship. :) ;)

$6m repair kit?...more like an escape pod.

O 'Riely?

6m$ (approx 36-40msek) ain't that much really... just salary for one month is
over 1msek...

It ain't much - 50% of the gross earnings (in perpetuity)= 2-3 year running costs. Seems too good to be true.

Realistically I'll buy one.

In my dreams I'd buy an absolute minimum of nine - the prospect of designing and building my own place in EU fascinates.

What the? This thread has turned everyone back into miserable Swamp Camp niblets who protest against re-selling, and think the EU population should base all game play decisions around serving them?

So you really see no problem, with the fact that from what I can tell about the same ten people camp the auction 24/7 snatch up the deeds and then immediately seconds later relist them at massive markup?

You see no problem with the fact that these were meant to give smaller participants a say in development and the bigger ones snatch them all up and resell them at prices higher than what the smaller players are probably already working hard to try to afford?

Fyi

MA appear to be placing Calypso Land Deeds in the Calypso Auction section as well as the Global Auction. Less than 10% of the deeds have been sold so far. Plenty of time to pick one up at the 1000 Ped list price.

It may turn out to be deeds worth 1000 peds and little else.
Thoes deeds may end up on auction for 500 peds.

At some distant point in the future players may be able to pick an area to have a house built for unknow bags of peds.

If you dont buy them from the resellers then they get to keep em.

So you really see no problem, with the fact that from what I can tell about the same ten people camp the auction 24/7 snatch up the deeds and then immediately seconds later relist them at massive markup?

You see no problem with the fact that these were meant to give smaller participants a say in development and the bigger ones snatch them all up and resell them at prices higher than what the smaller players are probably already working hard to try to afford?

That seems to be over already. Anyone who bought from a reseller was really foolish. They listed a lot of singles today and there are still a few left from todays listing if you want one.

Am very curios and interested at the land deeds. Expected ROI of 20-30% sounds good.

However base on the past results of MA plan where everything they do seems to fail, I am very apprehensive. Will wait and see what happens. If everything goes well may get 10-20 deeds first.

Why would MA need to raise USD 6m? What are their plans for the $?

Am very curios and interested at the land deeds. Expected ROI of 20-30% sounds good.

However base on the past results of MA plan where everything they do seems to fail, I am very apprehensive. Will wait and see what happens. If everything goes well may get 10-20 deeds first.

Apparently theyre using it to fund a massive advertising campaign. I dont see all 6m going into the campaign at once. My projection is they will raise 2m to start, and then finance the rest over time with the sale of more shares.

Theyre also hoping the announcement on 11/18 of this publicly will generate more sales.

It is possible to use positive, or negative, vocabulary to describe just about anything. There's no problem with what happened. It's a natural economic phenomenon in Entropia. You've just chosen to paint a dark picture around it with your words. I could easily explain what happened in a positive light, perhaps focusing on the opportunity that was created for traders (once again, trader and reseller are the same word, it's just that one is attached to a :), and the other a :(). In the end, sellers want more for stuff and buyers want stuff for less. Anyone who gets in the way is a bad person. Simple.

Think about this for a minute.... You give MindArk $100 U.S. in one lump sum. In return.... they give you just under $1/day. F'king great deal that is!

These shares are horrible.... Unless of course they actually start paying down the road. (Though I can't see Calypso making any more profit then it does currently.)

Menace

You got it all wrong...but I guess you dont have knowledge about how shares / stocks work ?

You invest in a company with the possibility to have 30% payback on that investment / year. You also have the possibility that the share will always be worth atleast 1000 peds which makes it a very good investment. 30% interest / year. Give me 1 savingsaccount with that kinda return !!

Offcourse this is speculation and if the returns are low and share goes worthless you made a bad deal.

why does any company require investment? to pay the bills while growing, to pay for large capital investment or other cash injection that doesnt suit day to day cash flow. we know that MA isnt currently profitable, but was recently. we know they would like to push marketing, which needs cash upfront. no doubt they want to have a buffer to burn to keep the project going through to a general economic upturn (the losses coincide with the general economy, like many others).

Back