i want to see this player banned

Status
Mossemeez said:
Any law valid after publishing, not before, thats mean u friend didnt read the law after it was published in official channels!!!
In EU, right now as i understand contrary.Rules valid before publishing :laugh:
MA has stated on forums and ingame that trapping is considered an exploit, support will answer the same...
Its not like every new law thats passed is advertised on TV IRL either..

Tigerman said:
MA has stated on forums and ingame that trapping is considered an exploit, support will answer the same...
Its not like every new law thats passed is advertised on TV IRL either..
U cant get point!
For background: i know, trapping is exploit... i made support case ca year ago, when i got hof on spiders :silly2:

Point is, Forums and ingame telling to 10-100 ppl NOT ACCEPTABLE WAY to publish rules!!!! Those 2 are not OFFICIAL channels for 400k players!!!!

Are u agree with that?

Mossemeez said:
U cant get point!
For background: i know, trapping is exploit... i made support case ca year ago, when i got hof on spiders :silly2:

Point is, Forums and ingame telling to 10-100 ppl NOT ACCEPTABLE WAY to publish rules!!!! Those 2 are not OFFICIAL channels for 400k players!!!!

Are u agree with that?

Point is (for the 3rd or 4th time), the player that got *this* ATH has 100 agility and has played for like 4 years. There is no way he did not know it was an exploit. This thread is about that player, not some ignorant newb.

And even if it was a newb, ignorance does not make it ok. That would *not* change the fact that it's an exploit and MA can reverse it.

Mossemeez said:
U cant get point!

Are u agree with that?
NO! I do NOT agree.
It IS an exploit and reading the EULA it states all bugs should be reported. By the time you have the equipment to kill a spider, trapped or not, youll know that mobs that are trapped give a message and should assume that the spiders not getting "disabled" when trapped is infact a bug.

When someone push the "Accept" button on Client Loader - he/she automatic accept that he has read the EULA.

The EULA states that you are not allowed to exploit or use a bug. You also have to report it.

To trap a mob so it can't move as it was supposed to is an EXPLOIT. And therefore against the EULA.

If you trap = ban... As simple as that.

Just my thoughts...

If u compare this with old trapping system, then thos two not same!!
Old trapping reduced your costs dramatically and it was disabled.
This "trapping" raise your costs dramatically! U spend almost twice as yber by tanking it! Reason is, mob dont stay still, but moving fast left-right-up-down.
So, it can be taken as feature to kill spider with lower skills, but price u have to pay is huge!!!

Mossemeez said:
U cant get point!

Are u agree with that?

Hate to ruin the debate here, but MA doesnt have to do anything in any format in any case to make a rule apply. They can decide it in 5 mins and have it in effect without us knowing. They have secured thier right to making any changes necessary without approval from us in the EULA. Any debate or opposition from us, is not valid...we agree to that everytime we log in.

Point is, this is thier game they handle it how they want or need to handle it and we have no control whatsoever. Just because we pay them to essentially rent out thier product gives us no guarantees as far as return, game changes, how it works ect.

It may be a virtual real cash based economy, but its MA's money not ours.
Its only our money before deposit and after a withdrawl, people need to realize just because they put money in, It does in no way mean that you are entitled to that money back. They can close up shop tommorrow, and we would all be out of luck, with no legal recourse to pursue.

Official channels do not apply for MA, they dont even need to let us know. Even if they did post it on thier website, they can change it within seconds not update it and suffer no penalty.

Obviously this event has hit some nerves, as it should. MA has the ball, in thier interest for good PR, it would be best for them to address it in some manner, but...they really dont have to. Even if 100 people quit due to this...it really has very little effect on thier overall numbers.

Sucks if it was a trapping related ATH, but we dont even have any solid proof of it. All ive seen is technically just jealous fingerpointing, theories and hearsay. Noone likes to see "the other guy" get rewarded legit or not....we are all human and want it for ourselves by nature. It is only natural that events like these are continuously questioned as to the legitimacy of it occuring. With that said, It sure looks to me to be very suspicious, but really what could I or we do about it.....but complain. We have no authority here, MA is the only entity that could do anything about it.

Dont mean to stir up any negativity to anyone elses thoughts here, just pointing out my view of it all. No direct attacks toward anyone are intended.

Doomie said:
When someone push the "Accept" button on Client Loader - he/she automatic accept that he has read the EULA.

The EULA states that you are not allowed to exploit or use a bug. You also have to report it.

To trap a mob so it can't move as it was supposed to is an EXPLOIT. And therefore against the EULA.

If you trap = ban... As simple as that.

Just my thoughts...
There u right, but mob moving!!!!!
Biggest problem there, u ppl dont know how trapping work present day.
U all make decicion, by remembering old trapping and u think" it work just as old trapping"

One post more to clear the situation, The spider trapping works by pretty same as Sweat bridge in Zychion!! Mob moving around and noobs stay on higher lvl, so mob cant reach them.Ppl who dont know, how it works, go to Zychion bridge and look! Then try to kill mob from bridge. Usually there troxies young-mature :)

I've seen this done, and the mob is not moving around, it actually gets stuck, but doesn't 'officially' get stuck.

This means that the people on the hill can shoot at it without having to chase it around!

AkiranBlade said:
I've seen this done, and the mob is not moving around, it actually gets stuck, but doesn't 'officially' get stuck.

This means that the people on the hill can shoot at it without having to chase it around!

Sometimes it can be, but its very rare, usually u see lagged mob. There are nice lag. If u try to take it down in team,usually only one teammember see the mob moving. Other teammembers see mob standing still, but they cant hit it, cose mob moving. I have tryied in team, and this is eat much more money as shooting it alone :laugh:
Without lag see mob usually only hunter, who was first in place and for others its lagged. Dunno, why but it is. Maybe MA made this nice lag there, to make killing them harder.

Again!

Tigerman said:
NO! I do NOT agree.
It IS an exploit and reading the EULA it states all bugs should be reported. By the time you have the equipment to kill a spider, trapped or not, youll know that mobs that are trapped give a message and should assume that the spiders not getting "disabled" when trapped is infact a bug.
I will tell you again that is not a bug, is impossible to a mob climb a hall with 90º, for me is impossible too, soo, like i'm intelligent, i will go around and climb up there, i don't have fault, that the mob is to stupid to stay down there.... understand? This was made to be like this... :wise:

MisterDepositer said:
how many Threads have been made about this subject
I count 3
with over 1000 posts from players/depositers/hypocrits
we are all allowed to have our own opinion

BUT NOT 1 POST by ANYONE FROM MA,,,,ZEROOOOOOOOO
perhaps they are still out cold laying on the floor from this self inflicted punch in face,hows that for communacation

:wise: GET A GRIP MA

i wonder, will they be on Monday stil there ? or everybody just took a few years vacation ?

One more thing!

One more thing!
For all the people that think trap a mob in a mountain is bug, i give you an advise, go to the oil rig and you all will see what is a bug, the ground is clean, have a litle mountain that all mobs should climb, but no, they all still trap on the ground, that is a bug, a very big bug, is it fixed?????
People, we need to wait, they already now at a long time...

Rainha said:
I will tell you again that is not a bug, is impossible to a mob climb a hall with 90º, for me is impossible too, soo, like i'm intelligent, i will go around and climb up there, i don't have fault, that the mob is to stupid to stay down there.... understand? This was made to be like this... :wise:
NO! It was NOT made to be like this and MA has said it ingame, on forums and in support cases. Either stop pretending like you dont know or just be smart enough to listen to the ones that know better.
Oh, and yeah, this is one of those times ill just add; STFU

Doe said:
i wonder, will they be on Monday stil there ? or everybody just took a few years vacation ?
The comrep Marco is on a vacation all of july i think.. and since monday is july.. omgzor..

Rainha said:
Take off the dumbass hat please.. IT IS AN EXPLOIT! It wasn´t made to be like this...

Tigerman said:
NO! It was NOT made to be like this and MA has said it ingame, on forums and in support cases. Either stop pretending like you dont know or just be smart enough to listen to the ones that know better.

Tigerman your reputation is well deserved on this forum but sometimes you need to jump off your high horse and STFU yourself. You are like a stuck record in this thread.

It annoys me especially as the person who first showed me the original spider trap in the canyon many years ago was some guy named tigerman - not 100% certain it was you but...

Rainha said:
My guess is that the one that did the landscape aren't same as the one creating
the AI or settings for mob.
Probably are the tool they used to shape landscape, pretty "clumsy" too. ;)
So no, I doubt they had in mind to do a slope where people can trap mobs,
what they probably did, was a landscape with a mountain, to make it intersting
from a visual pov.
Just look at amethera when it came... no drastic hills, valley or similar, probably
because they both used a program that made most of the job, but also to
prevent trapping in enviroments... but talk about a plane and "deja vu-feeling"
area it was then. :D ;)

Tigerman said:
The comrep Marco is on a vacation all of july i think.. and since monday is july.. omgzor..

AFAIK there is a lady who could post something like : " ...i come in peace, be patients" .A better excuse ?Any ? None ?

Or do i contribute to ALL MA'S SALARY so they can go vacation and simply ignore me ?

demoniac said:
Tigerman your reputation is well deserved on this forum but sometimes you need to jump off your high horse and STFU yourself. You are like a stuck record in this thread.

It annoys me especially as the person who first showed me the original spider trap in the canyon many years ago was some guy named tigerman - not 100% certain it was you but...
Yeah, I actually intended to STFU because Im tired of repeating myself for all the hard-headed people that claim that "it was designed to be like this".

It may or may not have been me that showed you the spider trap years ago, but that was also before MA decided that it was not allowed to trap creatures and started doing something about it. However, I was rarely down at the crater and currently I havent been there for as long as i can remember. When me and my friends was hunting spiders it was mostly W of troy doing trox and the occational spider.. Back when decoys actually WORKED on spiders..
The turrets originally was put up because people pulled creatures to the towns btw.
What happened was that you pulled a creature, ran to the town or shop container and the creature decided to run back where it came from. However if it got hit it just alternated between running towards and away from you. In all effect, trapped.
Next thing MA didnt allow was trapping creatures in obstacles (like the "spider spaceships" thats in pvp2 and finally they disallowed trapping creatures in the landscape and added the "this creature is trapped, blablablabla" thing... Some creatures owever get buggy and wont get "disabled" some places that bug is easy to replicate and its the spider trap..

Right now as i post this, Marco is online reading another thread. So it's not like they are not aware of what's going on on this forum, they just don't wanna reply :(

Rainha said:

Actually, Rainha makes a very valid point here. In fact iirc MA/Marco comments on the spider trapping issue even states that its an AI issue. so they havent coded the AI well enough to cope with this (well known to them ) situation. So is that still a bug, or is it a poor implementation? I mean, the AI is designed to act in a certain way, if that means that a mob does not actually trap (no message and unable to receive damage) but continues to move and attempt to attack, shirley that is by design? why does the AI not switch to a trapped state if a certain rate of ascent is not acheived?

Given that the management know of this glitch and see fit not to address it, and developers can only work on those areas they are assigned to, i am left with the conclusion that this behaviour is by allowed, almost by design, to generally fill the loot pool. :poke:

Tigerman said:
It may or may not have been me that showed you the spider trap years ago, but that was also before MA decided that it was not allowed to trap creatures and started doing something about it.

You mean back then the EULA was not saying you have to report bug and you should not abuse them because of ban ?

Etopia said:
You mean back then the EULA was not saying you have to report bug and you should not abuse them because of ban ?
Well, of course they needed to be reported so they could be fixed, but finding bugs is kinda the point of BETA/testing.. (Which btw ma should do more of).
Wether it did in CoT I dont know, but people actually asked support if it was considered an exploit and they said "no", same as with the buggy troopers... But MA changed their mind later on I guess, starting to fix the bugs..

My favourite bug from looong ago was when you could make 2 creatures attack eachother and you could loot the one that died, lol..

Tigerman said:
Well, of course they needed to be reported so they could be fixed, but finding bugs is kinda the point of BETA/testing.. (Which btw ma should do more of).

Dammm , We allready finished beta test of PE cough EU i mean ....

Tigerman said:
My favourite bug from looong ago was when you could make 2 creatures attack eachother and you could loot the one that died, lol..

I would love to exploit that bug... please eliminate the trapping ability and bring that one back.

Tigerman said:

lol, yet more reasons I wish I was around in the beginning!

AkiranBlade said:
lol, yet more reasons I wish I was around in the beginning!
Wouldnt help you much as it was before the last economy reset..

Tigerman said:

Men, when i say that this was made to be like this, i don't say that is for trapping mobs, the cenario was made to be like it is, like someone said some posts before, could the cenario be made by someone and the mobs steps by another, what i say is that they hadn't thought that this will happen and a noob kill mobs from a higher point and get advantej. Soo you can't call bug to something that was bad thought, this is not an error in code, this was a bad creation from there heads.
Soo, the only thing that is wrong here is they hadn't changed that, not our consciense....

:tongue2: And sorry for my errors in words :D

Status
Back