i want to see this player banned

Status
Tigerman said:
Wouldnt help you much as it was before the last economy reset..

Well, I meant that one on the basis of the fun side of things, seeing mobs attack each other is added depth that quite frankly is currently missing at the moment!

But there are definately other financially/item based reasons for wishing I was around from the start too! :laugh:

aridash said:
Actually, Rainha makes a very valid point here. In fact iirc MA/Marco comments on the spider trapping issue even states that its an AI issue. so they havent coded the AI well enough to cope with this (well known to them ) situation. So is that still a bug, or is it a poor implementation? I mean, the AI is designed to act in a certain way, if that means that a mob does not actually trap (no message and unable to receive damage) but continues to move and attempt to attack, shirley that is by design? why does the AI not switch to a trapped state if a certain rate of ascent is not acheived?

Given that the management know of this glitch and see fit not to address it, and developers can only work on those areas they are assigned to, i am left with the conclusion that this behaviour is by allowed, almost by design, to generally fill the loot pool. :poke:

Ty for the understanding.... this that Aridash says could not be true, but could be, take this as an example of what maybe happen!

MisterDepositer said:
572 posts and still no REPLY from MA :rolleyes:

Maybe once the VU is up and running we will get an answer or something...

hooters said:
Maybe once the VU is up and running we will get an answer or something...
I think we will get something , and that will probably be something bugged :D

as we can see on the etopia signature, marco say that lack of transparency can make frustration for player .... yeah... this traping ATH make frustration and im frustrated, desopointed and a lot of sad feelings, i ll made a long pe break..
pity...this game could be so great if MA will keep their promise !!!

Last edited:
fylraen said:
as we can see on the etopia signature, marco say that lack of transparency can make frustration for player .... yeah... this traping ATH make frustration and im frustrated, desopointed and a lot of sad feelings, i ll made a long pe break..
pity...this game could be so great if MA will keep their promise !!!

this make me wonder : why actually does the players quit the game ?
is it because of the feeling of MA being unfair ?
is it because the feeling that the game is much too expensive to play ?
is it because of the scammers and cheaters ?

i dont " take a long break ". or as a player said, " fuck off " .
i wait for the problems to be fixed.

I quit, and as in quit i'm not giving them any more money. I'm still in game and selling off what I own slow. BUT I am a pure waste to them now. I made a big buy and got a house. Well my house was bugged and anything I could put out side ON MY LAND was able to be taken. Sent support request got back a "sorry" But MA also fixxed the bug and now I can put stuff out side and not get it stolen.

MA may say one thing in the EULA but doing is another. If its a real bug MA should take the blaim. Why would I give them more money if a bug can take it all away? I'm just glad there are new options to take money out now.

Just small offtopic...

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have two ears, the world is mine.
With feet to take me where I'd go.
With eyes to see the sunset's glow.
With ears to hear what I'd know.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine
I've been blessed indeed, the world is mine.

cyphyr said:
Sorry dont get it, whats he supposed to have done ~ or not done?
cyphyr

edit * ok got it now, been outa the game for a week or so, missed this one

there are a lots players who missed this thread. so go read the first post , then follow the thread. it worth.

Though the Rules of Conduct doesn't explicitely name trapping mobs one could argue if this weren't violated:

d. You cannot interfere with any other participant's ability to enjoy Entropia Universe according to its rules.

It surely limits my ability to enjoy EU when ppl drains the loot-pool(s?) by using some - imo - bug/exploit to bring dwon mobs they clearly werent meant to be able to kill....

And how about this thread then? What with all the people that ask for banning this person and reposesing his loot.
Aren't they interfering with this persons ability to enjoy Entropia?

What if you got an ath and someone thinks it cant be possible and makes such a posting again?

If it limits your abillity to enjoy entropia then you must make a conclusion this kind of game is not your thing. We can start discussions about ubers that got alot for free via bugs. This would be just as upsetting i think.

Best MA can do is work out the bugs and then Restart all coding from scratch.
Might be easier then trying to fix the fix of the fix for the fix.....

Greetings

erialor said:
Though the Rules of Conduct doesn't explicitely name trapping mobs one could argue if this weren't violated:

d. You cannot interfere with any other participant's ability to enjoy Entropia Universe according to its rules.

It surely limits my ability to enjoy EU when ppl drains the loot-pool(s?) by using some - imo - bug/exploit to bring dwon mobs they clearly werent meant to be able to kill....

I miss read that quote abit, i'm sorry for my mistake.
However there is no wording in the EULA about placing our avatar at a spot where a mob cannot reach you, neigher does it say anything about the current this mob "is trapped" system and how that is supposed to work.

I think this athof actaully was handed out to the group of players that hunt spiders more than anyone, "the trappers". The ones that have the skill and gear to hunt them dont even hunt them much....

Last edited:
As we have all talked about before, the EULA can be very loosley interpreted.
We could request the bans of anyone who was not polite, who hoffed regularly, who resold, or anyone else that did anything that caused us discomfort, based on that portion of the EULA. Again, lets not all point to the EULA, lets get MA to make a CLEAR statement, rather than leave a bunch of amateur legal anaylists to interpret the "meaning" of these very vague guidelines.

Dunn said:
So then you think its right for me to demand MA to ban anyone that pk's, overbid me in auc, etc... becouse they are interfering with my ability to enjoy the game???

I think this athof actaully was handed out to the group of players that hunt spiders more than anyone, "the trappers". The ones that have the skill and gear to hunt them dont even hunt them much....
I guess you missed the point he had.
If you look at the part from CoU:

d. You cannot interfere with any other participant's ability to enjoy
Entropia Universe according to its rules.

It clearly says "...according to the rules." PK someone is ok due to rule, same
goes with overbiding in auction, but drain lootpool from a exploit, isn't ok.

Joat said:
I guess you missed the point he had.
If you look at the part from CoU:

d. You cannot interfere with any other participant's ability to enjoy
Entropia Universe according to its rules.

It clearly says "...according to the rules." PK someone is ok due to rule, same
goes with overbiding in auction, but drain lootpool from a exploit, isn't ok.
Dunn, from your post i can see you read the EULA. you quoted EULA.
What your post means ? you -and so many others-have the "weird" habit to quote only the "convenients" parts ....convenient to what ?

Teilk said:
As we have all talked about before, the EULA can be very loosley interpreted.
We could request the bans of anyone who was not polite, who hoffed regularly, who resold, or anyone else that did anything that caused us discomfort, based on that portion of the EULA. Again, lets not all point to the EULA, lets get MA to make a CLEAR statement, rather than leave a bunch of amateur legal anaylists to interpret the "meaning" of these very vague guidelines.
Use of clear statements can be even worse. Because if they miss something,
then will those that don't "understand" CoU/EULA as it is today, will only say:
"-But that isn't in CoU/EULA, so that MUST be ok!" if they find another exploit.
There are reasons why companys don't put every single bug/exploit in CoU/EULAs... ;)

There are many ways people "see" if something is a bug/exploit, same with
actions done afterwards. One way people can think of is this: If you run in to
a mob you havn't hunted before, and kill it, it often works. If you die instantly,
you probably should stay away as it is. But if you adjust the way
you hunt, and you know you have to be at a position or use something
in enviroment to kill that mob, then *maybe* people should think twice, and
see if this is the way it was ment to be done. :)

Doe said:
Dunn, from your post i can see you read the EULA. you quoted EULA.
What your post means ? you -and so many others-have the "weird" habit to quote only the "convenients" parts ....convenient to what ?
Sorry, but I think you replyed on wrong post. :) If not, and you ment I only
use CoU when it fits me, you most definitly don't know me! :)

I do not understand how you guys can make the judgement that this person could not have killed it without trapping. I am by no means a high level player and I have killed Aranetrox Old Alpha without armor or fap with a bravo + 103. I will admit it cost me fortune in decay and ME to keep jumping back but I figured wtf I have nothing better to do.

Personally I think it is totally possible from what I know of the situation although I have no idea where this actually occured and if it is even close enough to a term to RT kill it.

What is this spider trap yall are talking about?

Joat said:
Sorry, but I think you replyed on wrong post. :) If not, and you ment I only
use CoU when it fits me, you most definitly don't know me! :)
iv quoted you only for underline the VALID point you have.
i agree to your post.

Kaiser said:
I do not understand how you guys can make the judgement that this person could not have killed it without trapping.

It is verry simple to see that the place were he killed the araneatrox stalker was the trapped place, and just go their and try to kill an ara stalker with your plasma a103 without trapping it.... the revival is so far that when u come back to the place, the ara is return to her full health... so its a trapped mobs.

How can you trap one of these and kill it? Any time I have shot at anything that was trapped it tells me the target took no damagae.

trapping and stucking is not the same thing, trapping is when the mobs cant grab the montain without bieng stucked and stucking is when a mobs is stuck on a rock or something else .
when a mobs is trapped u can shoot and make damage, when a mobs is stucked you cant do any damage (but the mobs can do damages to you and decay your armor..... :mad: )

Doe said:
iv quoted you only for underline the VALID point you have.
i agree to your post.
Yes, I see that know, I was "stuked" at the name there. :D Sorry, my fault. :)

I think this is a subject that never gonna end. Everyone has their own way to
see if it's wrong or not. It can be due to understanding in code, moral and
ethic, egoism, mental illness (like psycopath, Aspergers syndrom,etc) and so
on, and so on, and so on.... ;) No way eveyone will, or can for that matter,
follow a CoU... :) Problems and issues will always occur due to CoU.

indeed. maybe because peoples tend to take much to serious the wrong side .
or should i say : peoples tend to ignore the real important one.
wich is not at all hard to define ;afterall, it's a game , not an universe, tho...
based on my very little experience , i still fail to understand why not to be written somewhere on a site :
" explanation of the *.* of CoU : when you interract with a mob , the mob is designed and supposed to interract with you as well. Meaning that if you scan, gather sweat , deal damage over a mob , the mob is supposed to consider your action as an agresion and to attack you. In some specific circumstances , due a bug or/and an error , the mob does not swich to the "trapped" status, but he act like it is, but there is no message displayed about his real trapped status and also the mob is able to receive damage and to be interacted with in all possible forms,but it's unable to dealt damage over the interracting avatar.In such a case, the player must stop interracting with the mob and must announce MA about the location , time and circumstances when the bug occured."
something like this , but obvious much more elaborated.
and not in swenglish.

and now about the thread's subject: many players want that avatar to be banned . It will not or it will be .Up to MA. Same for the 8k usd.
I only hope MA knows better than me what the players reaction gonna be toward a decision or another.

Last edited:
I think MA just doesn't want to do anything about it :mad: By now this trapper may already have those peds sold and transefered into his bank account :twocents:
The easiest solution would be getting those spiders extinct in that area or cutting down those hills :scratch:

I think my last post was on page 36 or something like that (page 56 now, geez!) so I can't read every single page... well I can, but I really don't want to....so long :(

Can someone just please tell me quick, still no MA official comment on this right? :confused:

Mikah said:
I think my last post was on page 36 or something like that (page 56 now, geez!) so I can't read every single page... well I can, but I really don't want to....so long :(

Can someone just please tell me quick, still no MA official comment on this right? :confused:
Noup :laugh:

Mikah said:

No comment , nothing interessing , nothing new ...
And if new eula or cou , dont write anything clear about traping , i guess you can go ath :)

Etopia said:
No comment , nothing interessing , nothing new ...
And if new eula or cou , dont write anything clear about traping , i guess you can go ath :)

Thx Etopia, I'll come back when an official statement is done.. if ever! otherwise it's just beating a dead horse around.... (*comes back after another 40 pages).. :wave:

P.S.... Dude prolly already spent a good amt of that $$ already...

Status
Back