Judges Thread for WoF 2009

Here's the updated judges scoresheet for the finals.

I updated:

1.) Added spot for 6th main team member
2.) Removed support cap
3.) Added 20 pt variety bonus for support
4.) Updated mob list and variety bonus equations
5.) Added more lines for globals and removed the "extra" lines at the bottom of support for variety/sweep globals after cap was hit.

As I mentioned, I added more lines, but I recommend not skipping lines so you are sure to have enough room. You can enter one main team and one support global on each line rather than just either/or...it won't affect the equations. I know that means scrolling up and down late in the match if main or support gets a lot more globals than the other, but at least you won't run out of room :)

Holler if anyone finds a bug or something missing.

Finals Scoresheet

Enjoy, Mack

P.S. Do Win and Loot bonuses still apply? Win bonus I assume is kind of moot, but Loot Bonus might be enough to change the order if the match is close?

Loot still applies.

Hurrikane

Have the most epic of times chaps at the final :)

British Telecom scrapped my plans to help judge in the Final but taking my connection down to 24kbps. They fixed it a couple of days ago, but alas to late to make a difference in the Epicness that was the Semi's :(

And I am whooping it up in Worcester this weekend, so unable to help in the final again :(

But, never fear, I have a cunning plan.
Jamhot is commentating Live - but he cant be ingame at the same time. Hence, we shall be side by side, with me letting him know the scores as they zoom by. And with a few well timed PM's to Hurri or RJ an update of the scores etc.

We are going to attempt this in the upstairs room at Whetherspoons LOL - But testing it first, if their connection is a bit lousy, or we get too many funny looks, we shall retire to the Hotelroom (and not in "that" way....)

Anywho guys, marvellous effort this year and have a great Final :)

Couldnt be bad to have 2 judges for each team (one embedded and one as observer) this time. Remember the semis with 4 (four!) globals from Romania appearing in 1 (one!) chat window several times :laugh:

Even RJ was not sure about the exact score during the match ... and that means alot! ;)

I will be there ... I dont want to miss THAT party after doing the judge job in most of the matches ... thats for sure. I guess it will become kinda Heavy Metal show this time :D

No problem for me to be an onlooker ... just wanna be part of the final of this great event.

I am sure Hurrikane will echo these sentiments and add to it as well, but I just wanted to thank everyone that assisted this year with judging. This was the first WoF in which everything was recorded... every global... the mob, the maturity, the loot, Main v Sup, etc. It is a ton of data and we got it all. Sure I plug it into the spreadsheets, but it would not be there for plugging had you guys not been there to record it initially. There is simply no way one person can record it all, so without all of you it would not have happened.

Based on this data, we can examine hunts and stages to determine which mobs do what, what is popular, and we can more accurately estimate the revenue for those LA Owners that wish to sponsor the WoF (this will help in getting prizes btw).

So.. a heartly thanks! I appreciate your efforts and I sincerely hope to see you all again next year!

:laugh:

RJ is a data freak! [no offense RJ :)]

My view is: What an amazing event!

Numbers? Records? Who cares. At least we all were in a good mood! Tons of Entropians performed a great show directed by one man ;)

Thank you Hurri!

Guess we will meet again next year :D

Yeah well I couldn' sleep yet, so made the mistake of browsing EF.

I echo the sentiments about the judges who put in so many long volunteer hours for WoF. It has been an honor doing so when I could and when I was needed over the last two years of WoF, but like Jamira, it was never so much about the numbers to me either, but about the people, the good times and the bad, the awesome teams, and the many friends sharing it all along the way. The laughs and the tears, the nuttiness and the seriousness, it's all been there.

Never being sure of where any of us will be this time next year, allow me to offer my 'love' now to those who have been such a big part of my Entropia life during WoF and beyond. I know before this year none of us managed to store away our old tattered scoresheets, or if we did we could never find them again :laugh:, and the new fangled technology of spreadsheets this year has provided some awesome data for everyone to enjoy, and as someone said to me it also helped encourage some teams to try to break records that came to light in all those numbers, so well done RJ on becoming the WoF statistician :thumbup:

Massive big ups to Jamira, for always being there through thick and thin, always someone Hurri could rely on and always dressing well in the process ;). Even bigger big ups to Chopper, for judging, making us all laugh, backing us up with a keen eye for missed globals, generally always having Hurri's back, successfully managing the WoF Pro series in Hurrikane's absence, and so much more, I love ya you old stinker :hug:.

All the big ups and hugs I can manage to so many others, some from the 'old days' who weren't with us this year, like our dear Fluffy Putty or Moonfish, those who still were when they could such as our irreplaceable Spike and Clam (who did what he could this year with the graphics and did so much in previous WoFs) and some newcomers like Mac who created the spreadsheet to send RJ into ecstasies ;) and provided many with a very valuable tool in the process and who hung out and judged when he could with us strange lot.

I know I'm missing out somebody and I apologize, it is late and my eyes are tired, but everyone who has ever put a rl weekend on hold and stood round for 3, 6, 9 hours at a time recording globals and bursting to run to the toilet deserves a medal imho, and WoF would never have been the same without any of them, long live the human touch (hint hint no MA don't make it automated next year).

Last of all, the man himself. That funny old hippie dude who lives in a caravan, has a crap internet connection, a die hard devotion to Entropia, and an imagination and drive to provide his fellow colonists with some cool entertainment that I have not seen matched by anyone else so far. He pulls it off, even with the difficulties, he pulls it off for us, time and time again. Not just the World of Firepower, but the Festival of Firepower that started it all, the Launcherpalooza that was so hilarious when launchers were fairly new toys, the EU 300 or Horde, so many different events and none of them really for profit but for our fun. He loves doing this stuff for us so much he is planning even more in the future. He writes us entertaining stories in his own fiction sub forum. He gets all moody and gruff with certain folks on EF at times, but is in truth a gentle giant of a man who is both loyal to a fault to his friends and who inspires similar loyalty from them. Oh well, nothing much good to say about him really I guess :laugh:

Speech over, now I don't have to make it at the party tomorrow whew. Thanks Hurrikane for so much fun, and thanks to all of you who help out in this effort, it has been special to me for sure.

Hmmm... I did not mean to simplify it to just numbers. I enjoy the people as well... just wanted to say I appreciate the effort.

Hmmm... I did not mean to simplify it to just numbers. I enjoy the people as well... just wanted to say I appreciate the effort.

Loving the numbers:)

Hurrikane

Oh Lee: Owe you a pint:)

Silly willy, no slight intended to you at all, I'm just a wordier biatch ;)

Hey hey .... I was not clear enough, RJ!
I love all your numbers and statistics and I enjoy your ability to judge several teams at once (what was the all-time record? 12? 14?) while I have difficulties to judge one team in a correct way.

English is not my first language. And it happens every now and then that I want to be positive and end up in a bad mistake.:rolleyes: I meant what Lee calls the human part beyond the results and numbers and statistics.

Indeed, thanks to Hurrikane for a very entertaining tournament. As always a lot of fun. We had some drama and issues along the way but as the tournament grows in scope and stature that is inevitable. I think there is quite a bit that can be learnt from this year's tournament to help make next year's an even better event, so I look forward to WoF 2010 keenly!

Big thanks to all the judges who help keep everything running so smoothly, and extra thanks to Rayne Jade for all the great scores and stats.

Back