Judges Thread for WoF 2009

The Tracker has a (beta) module for events that can track globals on selected creatures... all possible maturites are in there too up to Slayer and such. However, using it requires a payment of some sort and I am not able to do that. The Tracker works a lot better than it did in the time of WoF '08... but the key is the same: more people feeding data the more likely globals are tracked. But there is something the Tracker cannot do: tell us who is in the team. One of the most interesting strategic aspects of WoF is while you have a 12 person main team, only 4 can be in the team at one time. The embedded judge is in that team as well, so when the Main team pops one, so does the judge. Makes those globals harder to miss when the judge gets the swirles as well. Without that, no one really knows what is happening during the hunt. I am not saying teams would cheat at every opportunity... but what if a group of people formed a team named "WoF USA MAIN" at the same time USA was actually hunting? Having the embedded judge immediately allows us to determine if those globals are legitimate and we can let the team know someone else is out there.

The human aspect of judging the WoF cannot be replaced. The Tracker is a nice tool for backup, just as screenshots from the teams are. But there is always a factor that will allow for something to be missed. I have stood in the circle of judges many times and while Jamira sees a global for Wales, I did not. No explanation for this, but it happens. The more sets of eyes the better.

So... unfortunately I will not be around this coming weekend. It was originally not a WoF weekend, so RL calls. That's what happens when you plan your life around the WoF but the WoF moves (due to a power issue at a server park in Holland :rolleyes:) Really bites because there are some team literally fighting for survival. Some Groups are obvious as to who is advancing, others are not.

So good luck to the teams - and the judges.

The human aspect of judging the WoF cannot be replaced. The Tracker is a nice tool for backup, just as screenshots from the teams are. But there is always a factor that will allow for something to be missed.

I agree RJ, there is a lot that the human eye can pick up that no automation can, thankfully we humans still have some good uses :)

Wrapping up Stage 3:

All remaining Stage 3 Matches MUST be played this coming weekend, there are no other dates available than Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th.

Matches already confirmed:

Eudoria Vs Finland (90 mins left to play): Saturday 9th May Slot B 16:00

Poland Vs Denmark: Saturday 9th May Slot C 20:00

Netherlands Vs Italy: Saturday 9th May Slot C 20:00
(Could both teams please confirm this as there was some uncertainty)
Canada Vs Wales: Saturday 9th May Slot C 20:00

France Vs Amethera: Saturday 9th May Slot C 20:00

Matches yet to be Confirmed:

Ireland Vs Romania (90 Mins left to play)
(I understand Ireland intend to forfeit, but Romania can still play to complete their Stage 3 Scores)

China Vs Slovenia

Czech Republic Vs Norway

Denmark Vs Amethera

Any matches not arranged for the coming weekend will be scored as 0.

Hope to see as many Judges as possible for 20:00, apart from that, looks a pretty easy weekend's Judging.

Hurrikane

Gah....sorry mate, will be travelling this weekend :(

Good luck all...

I can be around to Judge this weekend, buddy-boy :thumbup:

Although typically and predictably, I'm hunting during the crowded slot C :(

Edit: Will try to be there for the C slot as RJ and Mack are away, Chopper and Spike are shooting, leaving only Jamira and Hurri perhaps. I say try but I can't quarantee it as I have a touch of stomach flu or something right now, so it will depend on if I'm too green around the gills by then. Will think positive though.

Last edited:
Wrapping up Stage 3:

All remaining Stage 3 Matches MUST be played this coming weekend, there are no other dates available than Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th.

Matches already confirmed:

Eudoria Vs Finland (90 mins left to play): Saturday 9th May Slot B 16:00

Czech Republic Vs Norway Saturday 9th May Slot B 16:00

Ireland Vs Romania (90 Mins left to play) Saturday 9th May Slot B 16:00

Poland Vs Denmark: Saturday 9th May Slot C 20:00

Netherlands Vs Italy: Saturday 9th May Slot C 20:00

Canada Vs Wales: Saturday 9th May Slot C 20:00

France Vs Amethera: Saturday 9th May Slot C 20:00

Denmark Vs Amethera Sunday 10th May Slot D 00:00

Matches yet to be Confirmed:

China Vs Slovenia Forfeit by both teams?

Hurrikane

Scoring spreadsheet has been updated for the Stage 4 mobs. Same 150 support cap (excluding bonus, variety, ath). Let me know if I missed something...

Link to the web site that stores the spreadsheet in my signature.

Thanks, Mack

P.S. Adding link here too....sometimes I see my signature, sometimes I don't...wtf? WOF 2009 Scoring Spreadsheet

Last edited:
I can't tell you how much that spreadsheet has made my life so much easier this year, Mack!! You better be around next year :laugh:

Hurri, can we get a listing of the teams and slots confirmed for this weekend on this thread too?

Also, reading back through the Scar award info I see:

"Scoring: The Support Teams will turn up and hunt as always, and their Globals recorded towards the Total as before. Times for the SCAR being achieved will be recorded alongside."

Just checking, judges throughout Stage 4 will now need to also record the times of all support scores that can count towards the Scar? Kinda hope I'm misunderstanding that one, as screenies with time stamp have to be submitted to be considered for the prizes by the teams.

Hi Judges, here are the confirmed Time Slots for this weekend's matches:

England Vs Romania: Slot A 12:00 Saturday

Canada Vs Greece: Slot B 16:00 Saturday

Portugal Vs Poland: Slot B 16:00 Saturday

America Vs Sweden: Slot C 20:00 Saturday

Scotland Vs Italy: Slot C 20:00 Saturday

Australia Vs France:
Slot E 08:00 Sunday

Judges will not be expected to watch the SCAR award other than to get an idea of who is in the lead, take notes etc; all the actual scoring will be done through submitted screenshots.

Hope to see you all the the new Start Point of 11666, 9200:) (east of Zychion)

Hurrikane

I can be around for slots B anc C, no trouble...

see you then :thumbup:

You know me... I'll be there for all of it, except for Slot E - I can pop in at the end to get the scores.

:computer:

I might be able to help with B or C, not sure yet.

Scoring spreadsheet has been updated for the Stage 4 mobs. Same 150 support cap (excluding bonus, variety, ath). Let me know if I missed something...

Link to the web site that stores the spreadsheet in my signature.

Thanks, Mack

P.S. Adding link here too....sometimes I see my signature, sometimes I don't...wtf? WOF 2009 Scoring Spreadsheet

Thank you Mack for the update! +rep doesn't work ... have to spread more blah blah

Your sigi pops up only at the first of your posts at each side of a thread. My setting as for instance is "40 posts per side" ... so I will miss your sigi often when you make many close posts.

Hokay - What we got this weekend Hurri?

Stage 4 Round 2 Matches Confirmed so far:

England Vs Italy: Slot A

Romania Vs Scotland: Slot B

Sweden Vs Portugal: Slot B

Poland Vs America: Slot C

Australia Vs Canada: Slot D

Still Waiting to Confirm:

France Vs Greece

As requested:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
WOW... no one in that early Sunday morning slot :wtg:

Might get Stage 4.2 in the books in a day :thumbup:

I can be around for judging slots A & B. Just let me know when (or if) you want me there.

Thanks, Mack

Reactions: Ozi
WOW... no one in that early Sunday morning slot :wtg:

Might get Stage 4.2 in the books in a day :thumbup:

Isn't it slot D? Sunday 8:00 ???

I'm able to judge A, B, C ... probably D (not sure if I can manage to be there at breakfast time :rolleyes:)

Edit:
kk ... learned it:
A - Sat 12:00
B - Sat 16:00
C - Sat 20:00
D - Sun 00:00
E - Sun 08:00

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozi
Haven't be able to judge any matches for a while sorry, I should be able to do C or D this time round if needed.

Fairly certain I can be around for A and B...

Not sure about the others yet... Will continue to Juggle stuff ;)

Will be there for any I'm useful for, or at least just check in to see the starts if enough others to judge :)

Rock on WoF, getting hardcore serious now :wtg:

It is almost that time again... This coming Saturday will be intense - it is do or die for many teams.

Hurrikane: How are the slots shaping up?

Judges: When are you available?

Thanks!

I'm free for all slots RJ, as needed. No idea if we will have radio coverage this weekend again, I got zero response on the feedback thread I made in the AHR sub forum, so no idea if that means hardly anyone listened or cared, or just no one saw the thread or felt like responding. So I leave all of that to you my friend if you want to speak to Sap or Desire and try to get it set up again, to be fair, it was last minute and no info or 'pr' for it at all available in advance or on the day, so maybe not many even knew to listen in.

I have most of them on FL now... so sending them the in progress scores is easy enough :thumbup:

Matches Confirmed for this Weekend (13th/14th June)

Australia Vs Greece: Slot A

Romania Vs Italy: Slot A

Sweden Vs Poland: Slot B

America Vs Portugal: Slot B

Canada Vs France: Slot C

England Vs Scotland (Provisionally): Slot E

The Scores at the moment are below:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

What is needed:

Australia Vs Greece: Australia are currently in the most secure position in the Tournament, although Greece need at least 356 more points than Canada (in their match against France), and surmount France's total score also (currently 152 points ahead) to remain in the WoF.

Romania Vs Italy: Romania are 110 points behind England for the top position in their group, while Italy need to win by 364 points (and also beat Scotland's final score) to progress. Romania are 173 points ahead of Scotland.

Sweden Vs Poland: Sweden are 37 points behind Portugal and need to find this difference if they are to progress. Poland have an unenviable task of trying to find 337 points more than Portugal (in their match against America) to remain the Tournament.

America Vs Portugal: America will keep their top spot in this group if they maintain their 141 point lead over Portugal. Portugal will be hoping for a score at least 37 points higher than Sweden (in their match against Poland) to continue.

Canada Vs France: Canada will want to retain the top 2 position in their group, and France need to out-score them by 204 points to take their place.

England Vs Scotland: England will be fighting to keep their top spot in the group while Scotland require 173 more points than Romania (in their match against Italy) to progress, and also maintain their lead over Italy (193 points ahead).

Going to be a thrilling weekend:)

Hurrikane

Australia Vs Greece: Slot A - Sat 12:00

Romania Vs Italy: Slot A - Sat 12:00

Sweden Vs Poland: Slot B - Sat 16:00

America Vs Portugal: Slot B - Sat 16:00

Canada Vs France: Slot C - Sat 20:00

England Vs Scotland (Provisionally): Slot E - Sun 08:00

Cool bananas - put the times in as my clock does not have Slot A or B etc:silly2:

I will be there for Sat 16:00 :yay:

Back