Land Grab won by exploit?

Great Victory !!! so happy for u !!!

Oh stop whining when someone is more clever than others and uses the system.

I find this one very classic, This tactic was already used by cowboy's against Indians :D

One of the oldest defenses in history.

I find it brilliant clever found. :laugh:

My dos peccos.

Regards,
Ion

You're joking right? And hiding in the centre of a covered wagon did NOT keep you safe from the indians arrows.
If CCCP would not have been hiding in the centre of the vehicle's kill boxes this post wouldn't have been started.

They exploited the system by standing in the centre of the vehicle's kill boxes. NOT by surrounding the claim marker with the vehicles. Stand on the outside of the vehicle or sit in a designated seat.. that would be utilizing the system. Standing in the centre of the vehicle so opponents aren't able to target you.... nothing short of an EXPLOIT. Period.

Menace

You're joking right? And hiding in the centre of a covered wagon did NOT keep you safe from the indians arrows.
If CCCP would not have been hiding in the centre of the vehicle's kill boxes this post wouldn't have been started.

They exploited the system by standing in the centre of the vehicle's kill boxes. NOT by surrounding the claim marker with the vehicles. Stand on the outside of the vehicle or sit in a designated seat.. that would be utilizing the system. Standing in the centre of the vehicle so opponents aren't able to target you.... nothing short of an EXPLOIT. Period.

Menace

You're kidding right? Is running around so opponents can't target you also an exploit?

Some

Last edited:
MA should create Planet Xploit. All the angry people go there and loot dung. No bitchin over there. Only rainbows.

Menace

why do you keep speaking only about CCCP ?
If you think use vehicle as protection is an exploit ... i can understand ... but why only name 1 soc on all those out put out their vehicle exactly same way ?

I hate to say it but it sounds like a good tactic but however to make everyone happy maybe MA should make it so people cant walk through vehicles? I dont know but that could start other problems or maybe once a vehicle is destroyed it goes straight to storage or your inventory? No matter what the fix would be it would make some happy and some mad.......I am sure if I actually participated in the LG I would be angry over this but it does seem like a good tactic.....

If you think use vehicle as protection is an exploit ... i can understand ... but why only name 1 soc on all those out put out their vehicle exactly same way ?

Because unfortunately CCCP was the only SOC who was backed into a corner during the last LG. I have no problems stating that UU, AoW, and BAHQ all had many vehicles packed around their claims. Problem with the other 3 LG winners is... maybe they were just using them to absorb the initial shrapnel and buy an extra couple of minutes time if needed. We can't accuse them of exploiting when they didn't get the chance to do anything. I know when I zipped in on both UU and AoW they came after me without hesitation. But 1 red dot zipping in isn't going to make either of those SOCs move to a defensive stance.

By the way.

In-world (game play)
Subject of query: Bug reports
Deposit method:
Summary: Vehicle PVP exploit or feature?
Details: I would like some clarification regarding the use of vehicles in PVP to be used as shields.
Vehicles can be run through as we all know. If I spawn my PitBull and walk "into" it so that I'm standing in the centre of it, the PitBull blocks incoming fire from opponents in PVP. Keep in mind I'm not sitting in one of the vehicle's seats I'm standing in the centre of the vehicle's "kill box". While standing in the centre of the kill box if someone shoots at me they hit my Pitbull and are not able to hit me. I can however attack from inside that vehicle's kill box and fire my rockets at them.

Is this an exploit or a feature?

Thank You,

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are aware of the problems in these areas and we are currently discussing possible solutions. These areas are not bugged, but they are designed in a way which makes them exploitable in certain ways.

Using exploits to obtain economic advantages is a behaviour which is certainly in violation of the ToU.

Kind regards,

Gabriel| Planet Calypso Support

I didn't file any support against anyone but EVERYONE who thought this was usage of a "feature" and was a "smart tactic" can go VTOL kill a Warlock!

Menace

Menace

I think he was refering to the fact that in many movies cowboys got out of the wagon when attacked and turned it over to use it as a shield and cover. This cept them safe from arrows and bullets during reload times. The cowboys might exploit though, since the wagons normaly were not made for PvP. Silly cowboys... can we report them somehow? :scratch2:

However... Pitbull was designed to give protection in war. So I still belive it was no exploit there. No matter what MA says. A misstake to implement? Not good enough designed? Maybe... but no exploit from enyone that used them in LG.

/Oz

probably cause he didntt dared to look around so he could see all of them used the same protection.. aka pitbulls :)

and i thought ppl got "pitbulls" cause they was scared and couldt stand up to themselfs.. guess its proven now :silly2:

They Use The MA System as MA System Use US

---Gratzzz My Russian brothers!!!!!!!!!!----

Soyuz nyerushimiy ryespublik svobodnykh
Splotila navyeki vyelikaya Rus';
Da zdravstvuyet sozdannyy voley narodov
Yediniy, moguchiy Sovyetskiy Soyuz!
Chorus:
Slav'sya, otyechyestvo
Nashye svobodnoye,
Druzhby narodov nadyozhnyy oplot!

Znamya sovyetskoye,
Znamya narodnoye,
Pust' ot pobyedy k pobyedye vyedyot!

I love how even after Menace posts in this thread his response from MA support, some people still claim this is not an exploit. Just like the VTOL bug, support says it is an exploit. Oh, but wait, it's ok when ubers exploit? Just not when lower skilled people do?

Anyone defending this behavior, whether I know and like you in game or not, is a fecking moron!

I love how even after Menace posts in this thread his response from MA support, some people still claim this is not an exploit. Just like the VTOL bug, support says it is an exploit. Oh, but wait, it's ok when ubers exploit? Just not when lower skilled people do?

Anyone defending this behavior, whether I know and like you in game or not, is a fecking moron!

Yeah... when the arguments runs out people with other opinions are morons. But as a moron I take the libirty to answer on why I still think that spawning lots of Pitbulls are not an exploit.

Thank you for your inquiry. We are aware of the problems in these areas and we are currently discussing possible solutions. These areas are not bugged, but they are designed in a way which makes them exploitable in certain ways.

Using exploits to obtain economic advantages is a behaviour which is certainly in violation of the ToU.

The state there are problems with the Pitbulls, but they do not admit there are bugs in the system. Instead they say that they are designed (I read it as they are still happy about the design) in a way which makes them "exploitable" in CERTAIn ways. Not saying in what ways that is. They could as well mean the fact that you can shoot from within a Pitbull while people outside can not reach you (which was the trouble that was asked about in the support case, right?). I can not see them say anything about there beeing any exploit going on if you line up lots of Pitbulls around an object (which was the topic of this thread, right?). But then again... that is just how I read it.

The last line they write in their answer means nothing for the case in question I think.. that is just a standard definition about what an exploit is.

/Feckin Moron

Yeah... when the arguments runs out people with other opinions are morons. But as a moron I take the libirty to answer on why I still think that spawning lots of Pitbulls are not an exploit.

The state there are problems with the Pitbulls, but they do not admit there are bugs in the system. Instead they say that they are designed (I read it as they are still happy about the design) in a way which makes them "exploitable" in CERTAIn ways. Not saying in what ways that is. They could as well mean the fact that you can shoot from within a Pitbull while people outside can not reach you (which was the trouble that was asked about in the support case, right?). I can not see them say anything about there beeing any exploit going on if you line up lots of Pitbulls around an object (which was the topic of this thread, right?). But then again... that is just how I read it.

The last line they write in their answer means nothing for the case in question I think.. that is just a standard definition about what an exploit is.

/Feckin Moron

Guess I'm a moron too because thats exactly how I read it.:dunno:

Is it a molehill no it must be a mountain!

... or... this is a 'sour grapes' situation.

)))

But seriously, we are NOT communists. :)

Coalition of Craft & Combat Professionals

Some

See... that says it all....

These guys are Crafty in their Combat.... as simple as that. If you dont get it tough luck. They won :)

GZ!

What would happen if the attaccers spawned their pitbulls on defender's pits?

That was the 1st thing I thought of to counter that defense.....

Heck, Pits carry 8....There were 11 defenders....Get 11 loaded Pits with 1-2 repaiers and the rest fighters.
Drive on top of 'em, get out and fight the repairer's...I dunno...Try it and let me know.
:)

Tippin'

Who said anything about spawning lots of Pitbulls being an exploit? Nothing in this entire thread has suggested anything of the sort. Go back to post one and re-read the entire thread is about all I can suggest.

Menace

They Use The MA System as MA System Use US

LOL AT THIS GUY!!!!!!

oh jokes aside.....

to be honest if the system was designed to block or knock back the players from walking through the vehicle then this would not have happend. so booboo on MA there for that one.

BUT, since they knew that walking in the middle would gain them some advantage over not being killed or blown up right away unless someone ran into the car and killed them, then i would have to lean more twards this being an exploit after reading all of how this went on in this thread, and the response from the support case.

i mean come on now, sure the chuck wagon thing was a good idea, if they had fappers at the BACK of the pitbull fapping, and not IN THE MIDDLE, where they were harder to get hit, would not have been any issue.

gratz on cccp for doing that, but im sorry that i have to lean tward exploit on this one mates.

you still get points for creativity though, my hats off to you.

Land Grab won by exploit?

So today CCCP SoC won a land area in the land grab. They spawned their PitBulls around the claim marker and stood in the middle of their Pitbulls using the pitbulls as shields (any fire would hit the PitBull and not the CCCP Soc members standing in the centre of them.) ...

And though they are a very skilled SOC, I kinda have a real tough time believing they'd be able to fight off the constant barrage of high dmg fire without standing in the centre of the Pitbulls clicking thier Vehicle RK's.

Menace

Who said anything about spawning lots of Pitbulls being an exploit? Nothing in this entire thread has suggested anything of the sort. Go back to post one and re-read the entire thread is about all I can suggest.

I'm sry Menace if I missunderstood the reason of this post in some way. I did as you said an re-read the entire thread as you suggested.... but I still fail to see how "exploit" and "spawning pitbulls" have nothing to do with this thread, as you claim. Is it not all about a people that spawn lots of pitbulls, and if the advantege they get by doing this is an exploit or not? Well... I will read it one more time to be sure... after all... maybe I am a moron. ;)

/Oz

PS. I guess I could be clearer in my post and typed "... spawning lots of Pitbulls for protection is not an exploit...". But I thought that was a give away since the whole thread is about that. I'm sorry if I was confusing someone.

If people are sitting in defence mode (eg pitbulls) and dont leave their base - just build up strong artillery and blast them away. Im quite sure that meggingjord turrets + gungnir/sleipnir rockets from 40 players could have cracked those pitbull defence way better then a few infantry rocket launchers.

When mentioning trouble to hit them i guess it would have been just as difficult to hit others if those others actually moved into those pitbulls as well.

If getting to those pitbulls was an issue why not man 2-3 gungnirs each with 6 persons fly them exactly over the landmarker and have the pilot switch to passenger seat - makes 12-18 people just drop out at the target for close combat.

The issue with the hitbox may need a solution, my suggestion would be to put destroyed vehicles at the risk of burning. While burning vehicles damage themself and everyone in close range 2-3 times per second. SI of the burning vehicle in that case would go beyond zero till it reaches a defined negative SI value at which it would explode damaging everyone close to it and being moved to planetary storage.
SI values beyond zero would only be temporary till vehicle explodes. When getting it back from storage SI would be back to zero.
This also would make sure that people dont missue repairing fully damaged vehicles to minimal SI as attackers could damage them far below zero.
Another issue would be that you can move through vehicles - at least in pvp they should be unpassable to avoid a soc driving 40+ pitbulls / meggingjords / etc in the very same location. Also it would be way more realistic and fun if a tank could actually bumb valkyries out of its way just through its engine power and mass alone. Adds a new option to the game - special vehicles able to break up vehicle barrikades ;)

I'm sry Menace if I missunderstood the reason of this post in some way. I did as you said an re-read the entire thread as you suggested.... but I still fail to see how "exploit" and "spawning pitbulls" have nothing to do with this thread, as you claim. [/SIZE]

Spawning PitBulls isn't the problem. Standing in the centre of those Pitbull's kill boxes is the exploit. As stated... when standing in the centre of a vehicle's kill box the enemy is not able to target the avatar. Any incoming fire is ONLY (and I repeat.... ONLY) able to hit the vehicle. HOWEVER, the avatar standing in the centre of the vehicle's killbox IS able to attack from inside that vehicle. So while re-reading my posts in this thread you would have noticed where I stated something along those lines already.

Menace

Well miners who mine with vehicles are also exploiting.

People who crash pitbulls into vegetation that blows it up in 2 seconds without any decay for repair skilling is also exploiting.

Anyone who has dragged and used extended FL (for bar tabbing purposes) with vehicles is also exploiting.

If you breathe, your exploiting!

Well miners who mine with vehicles are also exploiting. - Mining Section

People who crash pitbulls into vegetation that blows it up in 2 seconds without any decay for repair skilling is also exploiting. - Vehicles Section

Anyone who has dragged and used extended FL (for bar tabbing purposes) with vehicles is also exploiting. - PVP Section

If you breathe, your exploiting!

This is the Land Grab Section. Please discuss other vehicle expoits in thier respective sub forums.

Menace

can't you hit this people using granades, if they explode at their feet?

How about a blown up vehicle taking shots takes way more damage to its TT value? Then any vehicle that falls to 0 tt disappears for good.

I would be perfectly happy with that :)

So you can't actually SPAWN the vehicles inside of the fort but you can still drive them in and park the pitbulls around the claim marker. I confirmed this by flying over CCCP's claim marker during the currently (at the time of this post) on-going Lang Grab.

Menace

strategy
Call it what you want. Exploits are everyday everyplace.
Sounds like they had 'worked' it out.
You may need to find a way to fix this and also build your own shields.
MA may need to hand out a few rare tanks and or heavy fire power for such times.
Or block the vehicles in some battles.
Good work on the land grab.

Back