Land Grab won by exploit?

A slav patting another slav on the back...

Great tactic used by a clever soc utilizing the features and resources available to them in game in a creative fashion. Big gratz CCCP, well done guys, dont worry about the whiners!

Some seem to miss the point, is this an explot or not, I say it is.

just my view, and CCCP, another group with money and not much skills..(skills in game yes, skills in gaming NO)

DS

What he said...end of rant. ...

Just what he said, it is an exploit, just that smiple...

DS

You're joking right? And hiding in the centre of a covered wagon did NOT keep you safe from the indians arrows.
If CCCP would not have been hiding in the centre of the vehicle's kill boxes this post wouldn't have been started.

They exploited the system by standing in the centre of the vehicle's kill boxes. NOT by surrounding the claim marker with the vehicles. Stand on the outside of the vehicle or sit in a designated seat.. that would be utilizing the system. Standing in the centre of the vehicle so opponents aren't able to target you.... nothing short of an EXPLOIT. Period.

Menace

Maybe you can now move your mining claims around the marker to block incoming fire :wise:

Maybe you can now move your mining claims around the marker to block incoming fire :wise:

Or.... maybe we should hire one of the "item glitchers" in game to place something a couple feet off the ground all around the claim marker. Maybe that way vehicles can't get close to the claim marker. Now all we have to do is figure out how and what to glitch so that it will physically STOP a vehicle. Could you imagine that thread? "WE LOST OUR LAND AREA TO GLITCHERS!". rofl.... As per all the supporters of this Pitbull "tactic" then any use of a glitch is acceptable. Unless of course you loot a full TT ESI or something :silly2:

Menace

So you can't actually SPAWN the vehicles inside of the fort but you can still drive them in and park the pitbulls around the claim marker. I confirmed this by flying over CCCP's claim marker during the currently (at the time of this post) on-going Lang Grab.

Menace

YOU can't, but WE can, just like in Fort Wars now. I don't think its a good idea to misinform people.

Some seem to miss the point, is this an explot or not, I say it is.

just my view, and CCCP, another group with money and not much skills..(skills in game yes, skills in gaming NO)

DS

You guys seem to assume and generalize too much. Some do have the money, some have awesome pk skills, and some have both. We try to utilize all groups.

Some

The firepower to overcome any defence is now avaiable for rent :cool:
Check my sig.

Bump this thread for the LG yesterday same scenario with a dozen vehicles basically covering the claim marker. Being a nib and the only of my society there "attempting" to claim the marker, I was able to hang out in that mess for 15 minutes as I duck and dive the 10 or so attackers trying to give me a dirt nap.

"You couldn't take this claim if there were no vehicles nib"

Well, it looks as though some of these cocky mfers can do the LG's without vehicles, why not integrate the fort event function that puts peoples cars in their inventory when the marker gets activated.

every year its a problem with LG here.
there is allways something.

in the Eula is written that exploids must be reported when there is one found.
also is written in it that it's forbidden to use exploids for personal gain, and when done otherwise the avatar's involved may get locked down and all items lost to MA.

if staying in a car box after exploding is not ment to be possible then it is a bug and possibillty to exploid it in their own gain.
if people are ment to be walking into a exploded car box then this is no bug and there for no exploid.

and now it gets hard to find out.
u see when people are driving or are parked up their car somewhere , people can walk truh it : or to say people are not affected to where they can stand or doing the activity the want to do.
MA made it so vehicles cant irritate other players by driving in to them and bumping them away.

even when a vehicle is not exploded the vehicle has a hit box people in it cant be affected.
this hit box is made by MA on purpose and is not a bug.
but the box remains after the vehicle has been blown up, and here is the question wat needs to be sorted out.
the hit box that remains , is that the intension from MA / SEE / NDS or was that supose to disapear.

to me it defenatly looks like a bug.
and ofcourse people have reported it to SEE it reckon.
but even after the last update nothing changed , hit box still the same , LG not posponed , former LA not taken away from the so called hitbox user's .
nothing changed and we did not even get a explanation from SEE or MA's side.

this silence give's me reason to think the abillity to use the exploded car's hit is no bug at all and therefor it is no exploid.
SEE wanted this to be this way.

i myself dont do any LG , and for the people who get LA's this way for a year and even brag around about it are just little saddo's.
if my soc would do such a thing i would be discusted.

greets sid

even when a vehicle is not exploded the vehicle has a hit box people in it cant be affected.

Actually, I've recently learned that this may not be the case (anymore).

I have yet to test it myself personally, as pitbulls are not part of my garage atm. However, I'll just say some testing may be in order.

Last edited:
Building a fortress using available resources is an exploit?

What would happen if the attaccers spawned their pitbulls on defender's pits?

That was the 1st thing I thought of to counter that defense.....

Heck, Pits carry 8....There were 11 defenders....Get 11 loaded Pits with 1-2 repaiers and the rest fighters.
Drive on top of 'em, get out and fight the repairer's...I dunno...Try it and let me know.
:)

Still wondering if this tactic has been tried and why it wouldn't be an effective counter....

Fight fire with fire?

Tippin'

Not sure if it does apply under landgrab but it was in that heading

in vu 11.9.0

Entropia-Universe-11.9.0-Release-Notes

Vehicle spawning rules during Land Grab:
•During the fort battle, only the defenders can spawn vehicles within the land are fort zone.
•During the battle of the Claim Marker, vehicles can no longer be spawned within the land area fort zone.

so if it is working then no attacking force can spawn vehicles near to the defenders, they have to drive them into position from outside of the fort area.

Its not an exploit, its:

:eyecrazy:

Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember the one who started this thread using vehicles also not to long ago to tick a lot of ubers off. A late gratz CCCP! Not an exploit..

:lolup:
I know late post just found the thread, enjoy hydra video.

Won't comment on vehicles etc.

But in my humble opinion it sounds like this LA should fall into the hands of a random nub, iq below 73 and shoe size 43 (euro) that listens to the name of Johnny. All random of course.

Bragging aside, I am able to take down some highly invested avatars in this game; having less than 80k skills. Hell I have smoked Mr. Hulk when I had 69k skills in pvp4. I am not saying I kill them more than they kill me, but I can still kill them 1v1 by "exploiting" the pitbull's hit box by ducking into it to FAP (well, that Hulk kill aforementioned did not use any type of cover). Now if a player like me with under 69k skills is smoking avas with 200k+ skills by leveraging a pitbull most of the time (their pit or mine), I would say that it is borderline exploiting:

[69k skill + Pitbull] = 200k skill

In previous land grabs pets were not allowed in the LAs because they could be used as shields in a similar manner. In the case of pets, it wasn't possible to destroy them, so it was a bit different but I imagine some kind of ban will be implemented to prevent this new version of the same trick.

I suggest a warning should be issued to this particular soc and anyone else who used it. In landgrab it should be easy to monitor to see if someone is repeatedly doing it.

They should have had SDS officials present like they have for the last couple of land grabs. I can understand why they might choose not to have an official present for every LA every week now that these 8 LAs are to be fought over so often, but it would have been sensible to have someone there for the first one.

I wonder how much damage would need to be done to their Pitbulls to make it cost more than the taxes they get over the week.

thats the next step :)

cost\effective tactics

The new Mindark motto "If it decays it plays" :wtg:

I would think they will adjust but it probably depends on the amount of support tickets I would think.

best so far :D AHAH

on the money

i think it was more the attacking tactic that failed.

the defence was more... how can i put it... dynamic

do vehicles blow up?

were they in a circle?

did u have to wipe all of the pitbulls at the same time? a circle only needs a way in.

Back