Love on PE?

Do you think its possible to get in love and get together in PE on real Life?

• Yes, its possible

Votes: 251 82.8%
  • No way!

Votes: 52 17.2%

• Total voters
Nea said:
love, hardly, crush, more likely.

You mean you dont love me? Oh your so gonna get a spanking when we finally meet!!! Everyone know we love each other so very much Nea!!!:laugh:

(Just so ppl dont get any funny thoughts.... i'm just nea's personal stalker but schhh we dont know that really...)

For me would be absolutely impossible since I am a human beeing who needs to see another human being, I can't and don't want to romance with freaking pixels.

1. Real life meeting
2. Shoot him and f*** him
or better
2. F*** him and shoot him...

It doens't matter, the first point is important.

Kerham said:
For me would be absolutely impossible since I am a human beeing who needs to see another human being, I can't and don't want to romance with freaking pixels.

That's what I said. But if it's there - it's there. Saying never is something I will never say again :D

What we got might be rare though - but then again ... I seen it happen more and more often. Heck, one of Peters best friends nearly just got married to a girl he met on the internet - after 3 months. She is pregnant now .. ! One of my best friends also got married with a guy from New Zealand - and they have a little girl now and live in DK. Another of my friends recently found her new love on the internet too. This is the way people communicate today. It's getting more and more natural also to meet a partner this way.

Today the internet gives the possibility for you to "meet" before real life face to face (web-cam). For me it was like the "last thing" missing, really. Everything else that matters to me was there; The mentally connection, the humour (which is overruling important to me), the common interests and understanding - the respect for each others differences! Most of all it's awesome to meet someone you keep on learning new things about - someone you do not only "give" to - but also "get" from. Seeing Peter on Web-cam just positively surpriced me - but I'm not sure it would have mattered before saying yes to a Real life meeting. We were just lucky that both of us were happily surprices that also that fitted. When meeting - and one thing we noticed first of all - was the click when we hold hand the first time. So perfect!

This had nothing to do with "pixels" - this was even beyong body - this was soul!

I think it’s possible to find love on the internet that translates into real life, more and more so these days. My husband and I have friends who met on a forum, struck up a relationship on IRC and got engaged the first time they met in real life. They’ve been married nearly four years now and despite how shocked and disbelieving I was that it would work, they’re still going strong.

EU is just another internet medium, and like anywhere in the world it opens up, some people play games and others are genuinely themselves. It’s so much easier to let go from behind a screen, sometimes I think that my husband and I are so close because of the months of long distance we endured, we got to know each deeper in that time, I’m sure the same can work for internet relationships.

I agree with dee though when he says that meeting the person in real life completes the circle. You can fall in love with someone intellectually, adore their mind and what you perceive as their sense of humour (remember tone hardly ever comes across well in this medium), find common ground and tantalising differences but until you meet you still don’t know if there is a lack of chemistry or that you’re lucky and that spark is really there.

Like any relationship, there are some beautiful stories and some horror stories but that happens when you meet someone in a bar. :)

Esmerelda said:
EU is just another internet medium, and like anywhere in the world it opens up, some people play games and others are genuinely themselves. It’s so much easier to let go from behind a screen, :)

This is very true... I met Status more than 2 years ago thru the internet, what started as a personal ad ended with instant messages, moving unto webcam and phone calls... to finally meeting IRL..still going strong..

I believe you can find someone in Eu, thats for certain, but for the relationship to move past a friendship or crush in Eu, you must jump into other forms of internet medium...

For example, let's say I have someone in Eu whom I love spending my time with (other than Status), share alot of my personal information, have a "connection" with and perhaps even respect and a bit of attraction...
What started as an acquiantance ended up in a friendship, which then turns into a crush or an attraction...
Now, thats as far as you'll get in Eu and the stage stops there unless you jump outside of Eu boundaries- Sharing emails, screennames, phone numbers, meeting IRL etc... for a more personal and realistic medium of connection, at this point, your feeding that feeling and your continuing to grow outside the boundaries of Eu...

So in short- if you have a crush or attraction for someone in Eu, it won't grow or prolong any more than just that stage unless you move unto other forms of communication.. it's like a fish in a small aquarium, it won't grow any more unless you give him more space and a bigger tank, otherwise, it will remain as it is with probably little or no changes at all..

Erm.. I hope that makes sense :D

toro said:
1. Real life meeting
2. Shoot him and f*** him
or better
2. F*** him and shoot him...

It doens't matter, the first point is important.

3 (and most important) loot him

there should be a skill "Love". though i don't know in which section that would fit in...

Speaking from personal experience you can meet someone on the Internet and have it turn into a great relationship.

I met Ameri, before either of us were in PE. We met in a chat program and joked around and such and got to know one another. Then we started talking on the phone, more one to one. We then met IRL. It was as great as we both hoped, or at least I thought so. :)

We got married 3 years ago, based on an Internet relationship. I don't think it matters where the Internet relationship started, whether EU, a chat program, etc. It can, and does happen. If you spend time around someone, enough time, and get to know them, attachments can form and sometimes they turn out great. Sometimes they can turn out bad, but that happens IRL too.

Now we're playing in EU together and enjoying it.

I do agree with Dee when she says that you have to meet to complete the circle. I've seen 'couples' that professed their undying love for one another and had marriage plans and who was moving to be with who, and had never met. They met one time and never wanted to talk to one another again. Physical attraction has to be there too. You can't base a relationship on whether the person looks the way you think they should, but if you aren't attracted to them on a physical level at all... the relationship is going nowhere fast.

Its very interesting to see many opinions about this, even if some are not that much interesting cause are missing the point complety.

Acording the poll vote theres alot of persons who believes thats possible to get in love in PE or any other way in the internet.
Ofc, the big step is a meeting irl.

I think VF and Lykke story should be an inspiration for us all.
Already some people told me that all of this is just bullshit. I dont think so. True feelings can happen everywere and anywere. No matter the distance, today, we are close of each other, even if its virtual, then ever.

Its the trust, respect and sharing of interests that can make all of this happen.

I bet anyone already asked this question. Am I inlove? Prob yes. I know alot of people in PE. I join EF much after playing PE so im here for about 4 years. I know female and male avatars. And no, its not a man, im straight and I like girls, even if doesnt matter what sexual orientation anyone have.

After meeting some girls and PE I meet one who really like talking to me and we exchange emails, pics and so on. So, we are having a understanding. And this is the reason I start to make this thread to see what the comunity think about it and if anyone already have something similiar.

If we all are here just for the peds then its not even worth the time.

Last edited:
Phaser, I think that's really sweet and I wish you all the luck in the world. I hope it turns out to be something beautiful for you. :)

love via the internet....

yes I believe its possible but then as alot of people have said I believe ya need some form a real life meeting.

my current relationship started online in a forum then moved to msn and web camera.... at that stage I knew I was both mentally and physically attracted to this girl....

but still needed that real life meeting to cement my feelings.

but now I travel the 600ks nearly once a month and are currently looking for a job in her city.....

so yes it can work but I say proceede with caution.... before professing yor love for this person meet them in real life somehow.... just to make sure that attraction and chemistry is there

good luck dude

It's not concerning directly PE/EU, but me and my wife have met in the old networked (and non-networked) bulletin board systems. It was in the beginning of the 1990's when internet (for private use) wasn't common at all.

If it's possible to start relationship/romance/love through crude ASCII, then it's possible too in PE/EU. No doubt.

The internet can be a powerful aphrodisiac. This power comes from its ability to add new dimensions to the written word and to alter the experiences of time, space, and social connections - conditions that are missing from the real world, but are unique to the virtual world.

While my Master's Thesis pertains to "The Relationship Between Unmet Needs in a Marriage or Mutually Exclusive Relationship and the Potential for Infidelity" my indepth research encompassed not only traditional (IRL) relationships, but internet-based relationships as well. I also did extensive research with regard to gender differences that pertain to physiology and psychology that relate to attachment, expectations, cognitive function, communication, intimacy, emotional vs. sexual, and relationship satisfaction.

The bottomline? ... it's very much a possibility to meet someone online in a variety of mediums that foster both psychologically and emotionally-based relationships prior to ever meeting IRL. While it is acknowledged that online communication lacks many of the physical and nonverbal cues made available in face-to-face communication, many theorists reject the idea that this "lack" represents an insurmountable obstacle to the development of close personal relationships. Instead, it is argued that text-based cues and the augmentation of computer-mediated relating with other forms of communication render online relationships as intimate and personally fulfilling as any other.

In RL society, visual cues primarily motivate our interests, and a physical chemistry is generally not far behind. Depending on the physical chemistry, there may also be an undisclosed level of sexual tension that has the ability to cloud the focus of communication at the depth required to "really" get to know each other. As such, this process then becomes a more expanded interaction with the potential of physical intimacy taking a more prominent place in relationship building.

Again, in a culture that emphasizes physical attractiveness, the internet provides a different way of developing attraction. It is a world where what you write, not how you look or sound, is who you are. Online communication allows individuals more control over how they present themselves and what they tell others about themselves. This opens the possibility of people becoming acquainted before evaluating each other based upon physical appearance.

Stereotypical assumptions about the personality of an individual based upon physical attributes, which are often inaccurate, may be postponed until more factual knowledge is known about that person. This provides a model of intimate yet separate relating and it allows more freedom to deviate from typically constraining gender roles that are often automatically invoked in face-to-face interactions.

Also, anonymity may provide a greater sense of perceived control over the content, tone, and nature of the online experience, and can often facilitate more honest and open communication. The same for increased feelings of comfort because there is a decreased ability to look for, and thus detect, signs of insincerity, disapproval, or judgment in facial expressions, as would be typical in face-to-face interactions.

Everyone needs interpersonal contact, social recognition, and a sense of belonging. Passion is the intoxication of love, and it is alive and thriving on the internet for sure. Almost all activities in cyberspace, not unlike all activities IRL, address the most basic of human needs ... the need to interact with other humans.

So ... can we connect in a way that stimulates passion and desire ... sure! Can we connect in a way that stimulates and speaks to our emotional needs ... absolutely! Can this stimulation motivate us in a way that causes behaviors that drive us to levels of emotional intensity to the point of impatiently waiting for the next email, PM, or connection online ... without a doubt.

Personally ... I met Blood Moon (Moonie) on July 14th last year standing in front of the Fort Fury auctioneer. He said hello, introduced himself as a noob, and asked a few questions. The rest they say is "history" because within the course of a year, we gradually developed the connection into a very special friendship, and eventually into a level of love for each other based not on physical interaction, but rather on intellectual and emotional interaction. The virtual world (and especially our interaction in EU) gave us an opportunity to explore aspects of ourselves that perhaps might have taken a great deal longer IRL.

Now ... where this relationship is heading may be another story. We have made plans to meet IRL, but then we all need to be realistic in this respect, because there's always that possibility that the transition into RL may not be as successful as the virtual relationship. VF and Lykke's story is truly a testament that internet and/or virtual connections can successfully transfer into RL. My hope for them is that what they found together in the virtual world first will always be there, and will enhance the IRL components that afford them true success toward longevity in their relationship.

My apology if this may have seemed more clinical than necessary, but based on my personal and professional training and experience, I've gained a respectful understanding of the dynamics of relationships, both IRL and virtual. If there's one thing I've learned in all of this, and it's quite basic really, is that we all would like someone to love and to be loved back. It seems that the virtual world can be just as much a conduit for relationships that have the potential to succeed as IRL. There needs to be an intelligence about it, as well as a caution, but it's definitely possible.

For those who wake up and can't wait to turn their computers on to see if there are emails, or if your special someone is waiting on Skype or Team Speak to hear your voice, or ingame so that you can share yet another virtual moment together ... delight in these experiences and embrace the possibilities, but know that emotions are just as fragile in the virtual world as they are IRL.

I wish the best for you Phaser ... enjoy the journey! :love:

Last edited:
To answer the original question, I do beleive it can happen as I have seen it happen a few times now.

I have heard lovers lamenting woefully over the loss of the ones they loved ingame and then never being seen ingame again. I guess the loss was too great to bear and being ingame only brought back more bittersweet memories.

I have seen relationships grow, not just in EU,but outside of it, once the barriers were dropped,the facades put away and the PCs were turned off.

I have quoted this before here...but it was so long ago so bear with me.

"Tis a far better thing to have loved and lost,than to have never loved at all"

Regardless of who says what on this thread Phaser, it really all boils down to what your heart says, now doesn't it? ;)

Finding love, is something that can happen anywhere, and does. The key here, is just how open one is to the concept.

For the purposes of this post, I am speaking about real life love, not avatars role playing it. This may seem like an obvious difference, but based on some of the previous posters, I'm not sure everyone grasps it. While most players are acting like themselves, there are those who are role playing. In order to find the elusive true love, one has to delve beyond the superficial aspects, and get to the core of another person. Assuming both parties are of the same mind, and are each seeking the same thing, the honesty needed to accomplish this, will be there. It is in this respect that I submit to you: the Internet, and games such as EU, are a more advantageous place to have love find you.

Too often, we are turned on or off by the physical attributes of another person. Interacting via electronic mediums, eliminates that handicap. Understand, true love is not about what someone looks like, to the eye. Granted, finding someone that pleases the visual sense is nice, but if love is to endure, it has to be remembered that our physical appearance will change. Time is not always kind to the human body, and in the end, we will all look different. Unless the mind is the basis of the relationship, it will fail. A beautiful mind will remain beautiful for all eternity.

Another reason I feel the Internet has an advantage, is that there are those of us who, for one reason or another, have difficulty meeting potential love interests. The pressures of initial face to face contact can cause some people to withdraw, thereby reducing the chance of making the connection. With ingame interaction, there is much less pressure, since unless you choose otherwise, you can remain annonymous until you are ready to make a move.

OK, this is a longer post than I am used to making, but this subject is not one that a few words does justice to.

Asti said:
... A beautiful mind will remain beautiful for all eternity.

+rep;)

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

so, you gonna ask me out or what? :confused: :eek: :laugh:

well i supose it is possible.

the flirting part is fun :silly2: still single tho.

sorry that i have to say this but damn asti go give your avatar a haircut.
evry time i see u with this hair i think the aliens have landed..... no offence tho ...

Nea said:
love, hardly, crush, more likely.

i think i have a crush on...

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

...don't tell anyone.

I believe..

I believe there can be love on PE... Phaser..

after all... i myself have fallen in love here in EU... i have fallen in love with the most beautiful soul i have ever come across in my entire life... at first i was very much afraid... i was afraid because it was also the very first time that i had ever made contact with someone on-line... the very first time that i had even had an internet friendship or chat...and so i was cautious... but we talked about so very much... we bared our souls... we somehow made a connection from the very first.... we talked about many things... upon the third meeting i was smitten... i logged onto EU praying he was there... seeing that he was and willing him to PM me... afraid to PM him... and then feeling overjoyed when he did PM me... i felt very despondent when he wasn't online... :(

there is much truth in the fact that behind the keyboards... behind the screens we all seem to express ourselves more freely.... is it because at first we have anonymity ?... is it perhaps that from behind these screens we feel safe... we feel able to open our hearts and souls... to speak... to share... without the fear of rejection...

it is true that IRL, relationships are first based on physical attraction... we see someone we like at a glance... we make very small talk... and then after that... if we hook up with them...well.. we hope there is discussion... we hope there is something more... we hope there is also a common ground... and we hope we can talk, we hope we can share...

i do not have the answers.. all i can say is that since i have met this beautiful man, we have progressed to msn, emails, pics of each other and our families, our lives... and sms via mobile... countless emails, countless sms etc... in fact, unfortunately there is not much time spent together in EU... anymore!

this may sound very strange to most people... but... it is happening... it is real... it is not some weird obsession... we are very far away from one another... he from somewhere near your part of the world, Phaser, and me here in Australia... but we have begun discussion for RL meeting... we have begun plans... I believe at this point that without him i cannot breathe...

And so... the vote from me?...

YES.. you better believe it... it is in fact very possible...

Lala

:lolup: <3

Ash.jpg

Too cool for j00 mang.. I wear Malachi Ash IRL and have teh perma naked bug

However.. this thread is a necro

and also.. I voted yes. You can find love anywhere.

I like the idea of meeting someone online (done it twice myself).. you get to know their personality first which is great. Who cares bout looks that much anyway?

As long as they're not a proper soap dodging chav... all is okay.. correct? No? Careface :|

I believe..

I believe there can be love on PE... Phaser..

after all... i myself have fallen in love here in EU... i have fallen in love with the most beautiful soul i have ever come across in my entire life... at first i was very much afraid...

Lala

I absoulety love the way you put it. Exactly. Meeting online - means meeting soul to soul. You don't know the person from anything else than what you feel. Untill, of course you meet on Webcam :D

I think really, meeting online like this is a very "honest" way to meet another person. you can hide behind everything - a look, also behind a computer - but when you really start chatting - nothing else than the soul really matters.

+rep

;) Lykke who met THE most incredible soul in here

You can get to know someone well, you won't know how they look and that may worry you...not for long when you care about the human though.

I met my ex when she was a model, stunning to look at (unlike me)....she stopped amphetamines ( or I stopped her dealer ) and grew quite fat.....shocked me after a month. Same girl, same feelings...looks didn't matter a jot to anyone but her.

If you get to know someone it's always a little risk jumping in with both feet ....but WTF sort of life do you expect to live if you donT?

Biggest reward.....worth the risk.
Nothing you earn or buy will miss you when you're gone.
Someone who loves you will.
Gamble away people and my fingers are crossed that you are lucky.

t

Yes possible...as it happened for the wife of my brother years ago who was playing on a "well known" mmorpg...and then it broke her wedding after 6 months :rolleyes: (yeah his wife fell in love with a high lvl ranger (ho i think you guess the name of the mmorpg now lol) of the same guild and began to spend more time with him than with my brother, even sleeping at different times in order to be able to play with the virtual love at times where my brother was sleeping...no more sex, no more love, no need to continue to be married ;)

At least...my brother met 6 months later after the divorce, another woman in RL hehehe and actually married again and happy so far with a baby.

And his Ex-wife is also now living happily with the "ranger" at the other part of the world :D

so all in all it wasn't so bad :laugh:

As for me...i am not in EU to think about "love" and i keep relationships at a basic lvl of chat...then it depends...if you offer me 500 peds, of course i will "temporary and virtually" love you :silly2: until i run out of peds :hammer:

Apparently, any mention of <removed other game name>, <removed other game name>, or even <removed other game name> is strictly against the forum rules.

Nobody really knows why this rule is so strict, and we question it, but it never changes. So poor ol' MS9 has to keep taking <removed other game name> and replacing it with "<removed other game name>".

I'm off to play some <removed other game name>. Cya later!

I didnt know you also play <removed other game name> nice.
I will maybe see you there in <removed other game name>

I think that in a game there can be some "affection" but love? no not really.
I cant fall in love in an avatar really, if i met the person in RL first and fall in love it would be possible to be a couple in EU also or in <removed other game name> but to fall really in love without meeting in RL NO.
Maybe some can but it must be a very few people then

I personnally believe it can happen as it happened to me:)

I don t really know why i started chatting with him and why he attracted me more than others but it happened. And after a few months in game with him, i stopped working spending all my day to chat with him at work then on web cam in the evening. My friends started to worry for me as i spent all my days on the computer so i had to meet him absolutely.
So went to met him, and pfff now i left my job and live in england. 5 months now that i moved and our love is stronger each day)

I didnt know you also play <removed other game name> nice.
I will maybe see you there in <removed other game name>

I think that in a game there can be some "affection" but love? no not really.
I cant fall in love in an avatar really, if i met the person in RL first and fall in love it would be possible to be a couple in EU also or in <removed other game name> but to fall really in love without meeting in RL NO.
Maybe some can but it must be a very few people then

Then I ask of you ... what is "love" or "falling in love" to you if you can't do it other than in person? The only thing not present in an online interaction is the physicality of a relationship, and unfortunately, that's where a lot of people go wrong. They allow the physical chemistry to drive their relationships, and often find it difficult to get past it to explore at any depth to discover whether they're suited for each other. As long as the physical chemistry is good (specifically sex), then many fall into that emotional trap without really knowing the level of their compatibility.

Connecting online bypasses that ... and it allows you time to open that book of mystery and make your discoveries one delicious page at a time without the potential sexual tension that is usually present when first meeting someone, which in turn sparks that chemistry. It's not to say that all sexual tension or experience is void in an online connection, because we all know it isn't, but it's a different kind of experience. However, if your focus is mostly centered on your raging hormones, then it gives you less of a chance in the beginning to do much exploring ... it's just human nature ... and of course it doesn't apply to all people, because there are some who have the ability to go beyond the physicality of a relationship to find out if they're suited for each other ... and you may very well be one of those people.

The unfortunate problem with relationships today is ... people don't know how to have them, because they don't know how to communicate with each other. People jump into marriages rather quickly without really knowing each other, and then contribute to the very high divorce rate we are experiencing today.

I not only believe that people can fall in love on the internet ... but am a die-hard advocate of people talking to each other. Falling in love to me is really knowing a person, and to what degree you experience compatability, and then get to the point where you can honestly say ... I don't want to see tomorrow without you. :D

Back