MA David Simmonds Interview on Entropiaradio.com

Status
It also might be worth (to save duplicates being submitted for us lazy folk :)) editing the first post by adding all the questions you have selected so far to ask David.

2. I read somewhere that players of *you know what game (if not, check the link)* would be able to access entropia using their avatars from that game? Link here

If you read my post in that thread, you will realise that the thread was based on a totally false assumption using bogus information from a highly inaccurate
news source that was full of other misconceptions about Entropia and the CRD deal.

Although, it wasn't the first time that the OP in question had posted similar sorts of alarmist misinformation and rumours based on his own false assumptions and misconceptions using dubious new sources and blogs, so I can forgive your confusion.

Unfortunately, it does appear that many of the questions posed so far in this thread have already been answered by MindArk in some fashion or another, and it would probably be helpful if those wanting to ask a question could first search what has already been said by MA on that particular subject to perhaps help formulate a more constructive question rather than asking about things we already know about or already have answers to.

Here’s some useful links:

Posts made by David|MindArk: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4473817
Previous Q & A with David|Mindark:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/93387-q-david-mindark.html
Posts made by Marco|MindArk: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/members/marco%257Cmindark.html
Posts made by Frank|MindArk: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4473864

I'm really hoping to hear new information in this interview.

;)

Last edited:
Please keep in mind his job description. I will not ask, and he will not answer, questions that are not directly related to his job.

EDIT: Keep in mind I will be having interviews with many many more members of the MA staff.

by SENTENTZ

Q:
When will come ingame big firms...corporations(coca cola,pepsi,IBM..etc)...banks(real banks)...organization(green peace,UNICEF...etc)....fashion firms and many others............at least for publicity ingame?Why MA dont make offers for these firms to make publicity ingame...and in this way to make publicity for the game too..and to have a bigger income for MA and for his players?

A sales agent will be able to cach at least one.And if one big firm is here....the rest will come too.This is only the way of things.

P.S....organizations are like a bridge to big firms.For UNICEF for example..can be free...and big firms..heard about this...and pay for they own advirtising.

I realy think the future of advirtising..is in virtual worlds...and will be a big market!

Last edited:
Please keep in mind his job description. I will not ask, and he will not answer, questions that are not directly related to his job.

EDIT: Keep in mind I will be having interviews with many many more members of the MA staff.

Banking is related to Business, does that mean mine is in? :)

Here is my question:

"With the advent of the Banks there was a shortfall in functionality of the delivered system compared to the expectation of the community, will there be additional functionality/systems added to the banks in future, particularly the ability to purchase an item of high value from the bank with interest over specific terms and make payments on it with controls for the Bank to recall the item through the system if payments are maintained for a grace period and full recall if no payments are made following the grace period? This would clearly add true function to the Banks within Entropia."

Excellent Question!

+Rep

Definitely let me know when you interview the hamster! I want to know what vitamins he takes :)

Definitely let me know when you interview the hamster! I want to know what vitamins he takes :)

That damn hamster! I've pm'd him at least 20 times, and left dozens of voicemails...

I'm not entirely sure why he won't respond... but Jan was kind enough to say this:

Do NOT disturb the hamster, we don't want the server to crash
(NOTE: That's note a real quote) :)

Excellent Question!

+Rep

It's a decent question, but not directly related to David's role in the company. That question is best answered by the development team, or the balancing manager.

Q:
When will come ingame big firms...corporations(coca cola,pepsi,IBM..etc)...banks(real banks)...organization(green peace,UNICEF...etc)....fashion firms and many others............at least for publicity ingame?Why MA dont make offers for these firms to make publicity ingame...and in this way to make publicity for the game too..and to have a bigger income for MA and for his players?

PS:this is exactly for his post in MA:)

''David is the Business Development Director''

You mean advertizing? That is done by Massive Inc. and not by MindArk

However, I don't think that he will be able to answer that question even if he wants to, sry ;)

And GreenPeace in Entropia? :D "OH GOD! Why did you shoot that poor animal, it's just a snablesnot and it didn't do anything to you?!" sry just joking ofc :rolleyes:

HOWEVER! I think that getting greenpeace, red cross and organizations like that into entropia might be good... Give them (yes, donate, MA can do that and they would get publicity too) an office where they can have someone part-time to answer questions, some info-screens and a terminal (can put the terminal on the outside of the office) where people can put in money for charity :D also, a screen that shows how much has been donated (in PED)...

Would be a good way for charity-organizations to spread some info about what they do, and collect some money (I would put in 5-10PEC every now and then... Maybe someone who gets a 35k PED ATH would give 10-20PEDs... stuff like that...

So the question is:
Do you think it might be a good idea to bring organizations like this into entropia?

First, to Sirhc and others with similar questions about the avatars on other planets: MA has stated that they do not know at this point, this is up to the companies that make the planets to decide, etc.

They have to have some "basic" framework in mind for integration and that is what I think most of us want to know. I don't give squat if my Adjusted VI will work on another planet but I want to know if I have to create a new friggin avatar each time I visit another "planet" and the only thing that follows me around is a name and a ped card from planet to planet. To make this a cohesive Virtual Universe they must have some standards in place before they ever even thought about talking to a planet partner. If they are just "winging it" as they go along then I think most of us would like to know that as well.

Think of it this way if we had the ability to travel to Mars easily in real life when you would go there well you would still be yourself you might just need an environment suit to exist outside of a base dwelling but your clothes would still fit the same way and your knowledge base would not change. There are some things that just would not change. It might not be frugal to take your Boston Red Sox World Series Jersey along to Mars but it would still fit you there as it would on Earth.

There has been so much focus on individual identity lately in EU as it is it would be nice to be able to carry that identity along with you were ever you travel within EU.

I want to know if I have to create a new friggin avatar each time I visit another "planet" and the only thing that follows me around is a name and a ped card from planet to planet.

Yeah okay, but that wasn't REALLY the thing you said only ;)

Well I think that you will have the same avatar on every planet, but that is a good question so I vote for it :D

We all want to look the same whereever we are, right? ^^

Ok, my try at a question.

Given the current situation with China regarding the Olympics and the continued pro-Tibet demonstrations during the relay of the torch (London, Paris and San Francisco). Do you believe this could damage the way EU / Mindark may be viewed by any potential advertising / business partners as many protestors may view EU as a way of organising demonstrations that could have a direct influence on the Chinese EU participants especially considering that the switch to the CE2 engine and the introduction of the new planet may happen around the same time as the Olympics.

Ok, my try at a question.

Given the current situation with China regarding the Olympics and the continued pro-Tibet demonstrations during the relay of the torch (London, Paris and San Francisco). Do you believe this could damage the way EU / Mindark may be viewed by any potential advertising / business partners as many protestors may view EU as a way of organising demonstrations that could have a direct influence on the Chinese EU participants especially considering that the switch to the CE2 engine and the introduction of the new planet may happen around the same time as the Olympics.

Woah that was a question I would never think about :eek:

Getting political, are we? ;)

I guess my question was too long :rofl:
Lol no, read below...
It's a decent question, but not directly related to David's role in the company. That question is best answered by the development team, or the balancing manager.

Woah that was a question I would never think about :eek:

Getting political, are we? ;)

Yeah... even if I asked that question, it would not be answered... It's not really MA's fault for China's practices... and I also point out rule #`6 on EF;
Rules said:
Rule # 16
Discussion of real world politics, nationalism, religion, war, or other similarly controversial topics is NOT acceptable or appropriate for this forum. EntropiaForum is a global community with players from around the world, so discussion of such topics has the potential to turn threads into battlegrounds and divide the community. Therefore, refrain from starting or participating in any such discussions, as they will be removed from the forum.

So, I'm not going to bother asking it because if I did, we would never be able to discuss it! ;)

~Red

I just want to make sure everyone knows his name is David Simmonds not Simmons ty :)

Wrong, firstly banks are entirely relevant to Entropia Universe 'business' and secondly it seems entirely within David's role as it empowered him to comment in the below linked thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...neta-bank-twin-temp-closed-4.html#post1272787
I agree banks are about business. I disagree that it's within his responsibility to make comments on future changes in regards to funtionality of existing things.

I just want to make sure everyone knows his name is David Simmonds not Simmons ty :)
Ok David, sorry ;)

I agree banks are about business. I disagree that it's within his responsibility to make comments on future changes in regards to funtionality of existing things.

I disagree entirely given it would have a significant impact on the incoming business into Entropia Universe.

I disagree entirely given it would have a significant impact on the incoming business into Entropia Universe.

I agree with Akiran!

And I think that banks will probably be updated to have more functions in the future, therefore it might be important!

Question > What it's gonna take to aquire a planet? Conditions and price pls

Fair enough, I agree with that as well, but, it's not his job to change things, discuss changing things. It's his job to get more people/companies to partner up with him.

ALTHOUGH, I will ask the development manager once I interview him ;)

Fair enough, I agree with that as well, but, it's not his job to change things, discuss changing things. It's his job to get more people/companies to partner up with him.

ALTHOUGH, I will ask the development manager once I interview him ;)

I'm not going to push this point any further than saying what features may be on the radar for the banks and what was delivered against expectation is entirely business related and dictates what is actually developed.

This is your interview chap, I just thought it was a pertinent question. I'm looking forward to hearing it all the same.

So, I'm not going to bother asking it because if I did, we would never be able to discuss it

I know it could be taken controversially, I'm honestly not trying to be but if protests were to happen about Tibet and China in EU and MA were to handle them badly i.e. banning the users taking part it could end up in an almighty mess for MA as freedom of speech and the right to peaceful protest are generally taken as a normal human rights (certainly in Europe and the US) and I doubt the EULA would standup to much scrutiny from civil rights groups. I'm assuming the worst case scenario but it could end up with some extremely bad press and possibly cause many potential investors to stay away.

I'll end it there though.

Here are a few questions I would like asked
- When is the Crysis engine set to be launched?
- Are any new investments like the malls, CND and banks planned for release?
- With the next few VUs what improvments can be expected for the average player?
- How many new professions and/or skills are planned for the Space age (AKA when planets are added)?
- Like pregold players and pre skill nerf players, will the players who join Eu today have an advantage over players who join when the Crysis engine is put into place?
- What feature that is not yet ingame are you most looking forward to?

Thanks
Outman

Two questions:
Has the business plan of MA changed over the last few years, for example, shifted in emphasis from content provider to platform provider, or are the recent and ongoing efforts to include 3rd-party content developers part of the initial plan?

Does MA plan to streamline and simplify 3rd-party contributions to the Universe by developing and providing tools, or will it focus on major contributions (e.g. planets) by licensing EU as a platform as it has so far, and handle any smaller inclusions (e.g. a virtual McDonald's Big Mac or Porsche 911) via its own design team?

Two questions:
Has the business plan of MA changed over the last few years, for example, shifted in emphasis from content provider to platform provider, or are the recent and ongoing efforts to include 3rd-party content developers part of the initial plan?

Does MA plan to streamline and simplify 3rd-party contributions to the Universe by developing and providing tools, or will it focus on major contributions (e.g. planets) by licensing EU as a platform as it has so far, and handle any smaller inclusions (e.g. a virtual McDonald's Big Mac or Porsche 911) via its own design team?

I like the second question.

The first...it's an interesting question.. more suited to ask one of the founders...

Here are a few questions I would like asked
- When is the Crysis engine set to be launched?
- Are any new investments like the malls, CND and banks planned for release?
- With the next few VUs what improvments can be expected for the average player?
- How many new professions and/or skills are planned for the Space age (AKA when planets are added)?
- Like pregold players and pre skill nerf players, will the players who join Eu today have an advantage over players who join when the Crysis engine is put into place?
- What feature that is not yet ingame are you most looking forward to?

Thanks
Outman
All of the questions, except for the last, are not best answered by David. The last question he probably will not be able to answer if he did know what was coming, but I m ay try to ask that one..

Status
Back