MA David Simmonds Interview on Entropiaradio.com

Status
I'm not going to push this point any further than saying what features may be on the radar for the banks and what was delivered against expectation is entirely business related and dictates what is actually developed.

This is your interview chap, I just thought it was a pertinent question. I'm looking forward to hearing it all the same.

I know it could be taken controversially, I'm honestly not trying to be but if protests were to happen about Tibet and China in EU and MA were to handle them badly i.e. banning the users taking part it could end up in an almighty mess for MA as freedom of speech and the right to peaceful protest are generally taken as a normal human rights (certainly in Europe and the US) and I doubt the EULA would standup to much scrutiny from civil rights groups. I'm assuming the worst case scenario but it could end up with some extremely bad press and possibly cause many potential investors to stay away.

I'll end it there though.

You both have to understand, this interview was setup as a courtesy to the general public. I was given instructions to ask the appropriate questions of the appropriate people. It would be a very boring interview if I got the same response for all of my questions ("That question is best answered by ~another MA employee~").

And, at the same time, I'm not going to ask questions I know I won't get a straight answer to. This interview is for entertainment, not the PM news... I'm sure some interesting things will be said, and all of these questions are quite good, and pertinent.

It's my 'plan' to be both entertaining and informative. I personally want to get to know each MA staff's job functions, and how they fit into the company. Who knows, maybe I'll apply for a job one day ;)

It should also be noted, because of time differences between us, I will be getting up quite earlier than I normally do, and I may not have my head on quite right during the interview ;) I shall be going to bed very soon, and waking up in ~6 hours. I will check this thread again prior to speaking with David for some more good questions.

~Red

You both have to understand, this interview was setup as a courtesy to the general public. I was given instructions to ask the appropriate questions of the appropriate people. It would be a very boring interview if I got the same response for all of my questions ("That question is best answered by ~another MA employee~").

And, at the same time, I'm not going to ask questions I know I won't get a straight answer to. This interview is for entertainment, not the PM news... I'm sure some interesting things will be said, and all of these questions are quite good, and pertinent.

It's my 'plan' to be both entertaining and informative. I personally want to get to know each MA staff's job functions, and how they fit into the company. Who knows, maybe I'll apply for a job one day ;)

It should also be noted, because of time differences between us, I will be getting up quite earlier than I normally do, and I may not have my head on quite right during the interview ;) I shall be going to bed very soon, and waking up in ~6 hours. I will check this thread again prior to speaking with David for some more good questions.

~Red

The development manager is not the right person for my question, I guarantee you that, unless they have the wrong people doing the wrong jobs all over the business :rofl:

I'll just have to pose that one at the next Q&A instead.

Here is my question:

"With the advent of the Banks there was a shortfall in functionality of the delivered system compared to the expectation of the community, will there be additional functionality/systems added to the banks in future, particularly the ability to purchase an item of high value from the bank with interest over specific terms and make payments on it with controls for the Bank to recall the item through the system if payments are maintained for a grace period and full recall if no payments are made following the grace period? This would clearly add true function to the Banks within Entropia."

The development manager is not the right person for my question, I guarantee you that, unless they have the wrong people doing the wrong jobs all over the business :rofl:

I'll just have to pose that one at the next Q&A instead.

I referenced the question again. I'll let David decide if it's appropriate for him to answer.

That being said, a few more comments on it. You start off very negative. You should know that MA Staff does not respond well to negativity. You then end the question with a definitive 'I know more than you' statement. Never a good idea to do that either.

Now onto the meat of the question...

After removing all the extra stuff, and re-defining the question to suit what you said in a sentance without being a run-on, here's what I came up with;

Will banks have more functionality?
and,
Will banks be able to lend out money to buy big things using the big things as collateral?

Neither question is for the Business Developement Director. Both questions are for either the design team or the tech team, maybe even the balancing manager... He developes relationships with other companies. He doesn't design the universe, or even make decisions on what to design, or how they're designed, the functionality of it.. He is given the universe, it's his job to sell it (as is)....

EDIT: That comes off as me being an ass, but you have to understand, I'm not going to screw my interviews with everyone else because I didn't follow directions.

Last edited:
That being said, a few more comments on it. You start off very negative. You should know that MA Staff does not respond well to negativity. You then end the question with a definitive 'I know more than you' statement. Never a good idea to do that either.

It is in no way negative, it is a constructive criticism based on the factual delivery versus expectation. Negative would have been to say things like "the banks are a flop, when are you going to improve them." This is completely not the message I was putting across and how you could come to that conclusion is beyond me.

Will banks have more functionality?
and,
Will banks be able to lend out money to buy big things using the big things as collateral?

Neither question is for the Business Developement Director. Both questions are for either the design team or the tech team, maybe even the balancing manager... He developes relationships with other companies. He doesn't design the universe, or even make decisions on what to design, or how they're designed, the functionality of it.. He is given the universe, it's his job to sell it (as is)....

This is totally not the case. The direction the banks head in is TOTALLY defined by the business, not by development and technical.

EDIT: That comes off as me being an ass, but you have to understand, I'm not going to screw my interviews with everyone else because I didn't follow directions.

I'm not asking you to screw your interview, as I stated previously I will bring up my question, as-is, in the next Q&A session whenever that will be.

It is in no way negative, it is a constructive criticism based on the factual delivery versus expectation. Negative would have been to say things like "the banks are a flop, when are you going to improve them." This is completely not the message I was putting across and how you could come to that conclusion is beyond me.

This is totally not the case. The direction the banks head in is TOTALLY defined by the business, not by development and technical.

I'm not asking you to screw your interview, as I stated previously I will bring up my question, as-is, in the next Q&A session whenever that will be.

The question has been asked, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the answer :)

Is the interview up allready?

Is there a timeschedule when it'll play? :)

Is the interview up allready?

Is there a timeschedule when it'll play? :)

No, and no ;)

I ld expect tyhe full show to be done by the weekend, it will be up to 711 as to when it actually plays.

Because my show is pre-recorded, it will be much more than just the single interview with David. It's a mix of music as well as talk.

Well, I thank you for that :) I look forward to hearing the interview when it is aired with baited breath (not held breath though :rofl:.)

I wonder if a cut and paste answer "sounds" cut and paste when spoken :laugh:

If you listen really carefully, in a very quiet room, on a still evening in summer, you might just hear the sound of the scissors.... :D

Oh, I assume that I was too late with my questions then... shame, as I thought of quite a few interesting ones whilst in the bath last night!

I guess I'll save them for the next opportunity that crops up.

Looking forward to hearing the interview.

:cool:

Well, I thank you for that :) I look forward to hearing the interview when it is aired with baited breath (not held breath though :rofl:.)

I think everyone will be extremely suprised as to the responses he provided. His copy and paste answers were very non-copy and paste (imho). He obviously can't answer certain questions, and everyone knows this.

The answer to your question was DEFINATELY not a copy and paste answer. I had a bit of trouble stumbling my way through your 100 word sentance/question ;)

I'm usually a fairly decent speaker, but I did get up really early to do this interview, so I WILL be doing a lot of editing... not to mention my female cat decided to crash the interview, had a few technical difficulties, and some parts are a bit hard to hear...

Being the first interview, David was a real good sport, and extremely understanding of the situation. It's a real REAL good interview, and I can't wait to be able to air it.

I do hope you all like classic rock tho ;)

Oh, I assume that I was too late with my questions then... shame, as I thought of quite a few interesting ones whilst in the bath last night!

I guess I'll save them for the next opportunity that crops up.

Looking forward to hearing the interview.

:cool:

PM me the questions, and I will see if they are appropriate for future interviews. I will be interviewing more of the staff at Mindark, assuming they let me continue. I have asked permission for the time of various people at Mindark.

Some of these people aren't great with English, and probably wonn't want to speak with me, so please understand. And, if I accidentally tick someone off, I would obviously not be doing many more interviews after that.

Hopefully, I'll be able to nab Marco next. I have a special spot in pvp where we're going to be discussing things ;)

I hope it sounds the same as it sounds in my head, that would be LEGENDARY!!! I would not be able to stop laughing. You know the Microsoft call centres, the ones with Indian people who can hardly speak English, that is how the cut and paste answers sound in my head...

Dion, is it possible to post a musicless version for those of us that are only interested in the interview, or perhaps a transcript?

Dion, is it possible to post a musicless version for those of us that are only interested in the interview, or perhaps a transcript?

Hopefully not released ahead of the actual media, would be a spoiler that would!

Last edited:

Dear Participant,

We have forwarded this to the design team. But we can not say if this will be implemented or not.

Kind Regards,
Entropiaradio Support

;)

Sorry if ive missed this info in this thread, but when is the interview going to be on the radio? Would like to hear if any questions were actually asked about the cry2 engine etc.

Sorry if ive missed this info in this thread, but when is the interview going to be on the radio? Would like to hear if any questions were actually asked about the cry2 engine etc.

Workin out the details right now with 711... many things regarding music lisences etc.. you can thank the music industry for these issues -.-

That being said, YESS!!!!! Crysis was spoken about.. I just can't wait to get back to the studio to edit it up...

I won't be able to put music interludes in it atm, so it kinda blows my whole show up, so I'm going to have to do some serious editing to get out the misc. sounds and bs that you don't need to hear.

For personal reasons (humility) I will not be ever posting the entire conversation... suffice it to say techinical issues on the first interview... Not to mention, lots of 'interesting' words came out of my mouth during those difficulties ;)

For personal reasons (humility) I will not be ever posting the entire conversation... suffice it to say techinical issues on the first interview... Not to mention, lots of 'interesting' words came out of my mouth during those difficulties ;)

Awww but the blooper reels are the best part.Throw in some Technical difficulties and a little :cdevil: and I`m starting to think i wanna see you lose it more than the interview :p

Last edited:
Not to mention, lots of 'interesting' words came out of my mouth during those difficulties ;)

Mommy, what does $@#& mean?

I can't wait to hear what he had to say. :)

Not to mention, lots of 'interesting' words came out of my mouth during those difficulties ;)

Ah that is just the good old aussie coming out of you :D
We will understand ;)

~ Sparkz

I'll put it this way, I have ~45 mins of audio, but probably only ~20-25 mins of actual interview ;)

Looking forward to hearing/reading the interview! :)

Is there any way to get to the "uncut" version ?:)

lol, no. Between the occasional cough, swear word, 'uhhh, cell phone rining, and equipment dieing, it is quite embarrasing ;)

I should also note, which you will hear in the interview, being the first interview done on my current equipment, this first one has some leveling issues. I was constantly monitoring the levels, which leads to volume 'disturbances'. I'm in the process of filtering extra sounds out, and trying to level out the volume of David.

I don't have a 'producer' to keep track of the various issues associated with a radio show, I'm a one man show ;) I have to do all of my mixing and fixing...

On the next interview, I plan on just having a phone with a direct input into my SB card. My computer is setup to do some serious music compilations (among other things), not a radio show with phone interviews. So, after this first one, I have noted quite a few 'little' things I need to enhance to make the experiance more enjoyable not only for you, the listener, but me and the person being interviewed.

So, when it does finally get put up (tenitevly this Friday/Saturday), please be understanding of the sound quality associated with the interview.

ALSO, if anyone reads this that DOES make music, if you are not part of the organized music industry (a.k.a. the crime sydicate/music mafia), and have some music you want on the show, feel free to contact me with a sample of your music. I am looking for unliscenced (sp?) music that I can pop into my shows.

Regards,

~Red

Opps Wrong post

Last edited:
a Suggestion Red is to use Skype for the call that way it will be easier to record from if you go that route.

Also 2 questions for David.

When will the Far Northern areas and Far Eastern areas of Amethera Continent that are Currently closed be opened up to the Players?

The Description of Guran Dall Camp South of Cape Corinth hints to a "Third Continent" on Calypso Can you give us any information on this?

Yer a bit late, the interview has been done and is in editing! :rofl:

moved that to the alf questionare

On the topic of the David Simmonds interview; how's it coming along Dion? :)

On the topic of the David Simmonds interview; how's it coming along Dion? :)

Well, the sound quality is bad. The interview is great.

It is in David's hands now for proper approval.

After that, it may be up as early as this evening :)

I will be posting a thread for discussion on it once I have a time of production :)

~Red

Status
Back