Merry Mayhem 2015 Info

The good news - no disqualifications, tradeable tokens
The bad news - the support cases, the arguments, the exploits, (hopefully no deaths from playing for 96 hours non-stop fuelled on red bull)

Well it is called Mayhem after all!

96 hours fueled by red bull won't kill you, or the U.S. Military would have been gone a long time ago:laugh:

ah crap, just when i was acquiring a team for this year :(

96 hours fueled by red bull won't kill you, or the U.S. Military would have been gone a long time ago:laugh:

Not everyone who plays MMORPG's has the constitution of a 23 year old military man. ;)

I will miss the team cats, well.. not this year, since I dont have a team for cat4 thats big enough.. but still, team mayhem was my favourite event :(

And I wonder.. if 20players go for 10 prizes and all spend a fortune buying a gazzillion tokens.. wont that suck really really hard for 10 of them? :eyecrazy: I assume that there will be no way of knowing how close you are to top position.

But then again, in this free for all i can join which I couldnt in team without a team :laugh:

And.. we havnt seen the rules yet, only the big picture so maybe this will be awsome, or.. it will suck.. a Merry X-mas surprise! :yay:

Token TT value

Question as This is RCE ....

What will be Token TT value?
Would they be TTable (as being part of loot) ? (As MU might get to 0)

Still have those Junks (Tokens TT value =1 PEc but not Sellable @ 1 PEC to TT) from Arkadia

Resnis

Buy your way to the top !

Nice way to avoid high DPS weapons, "terminating" the team competition :)

Still have those Junks (Tokens TT value =1 PEc but not Sellable @ 1 PEC to TT) from Arkadia

Resnis

I like your thinking Resnis! This could be history being made, with a new expression, MD (mark down) instead of MU (mark up).
If the tokens are tradeable but not tt-able we may see: buying tokens at boxes for 10% md (=90% of tt value)

And yeah - I noticed how my Arkadia tokens were 1 pec tt - and have been surprised that nobody has made a meal of it yet. The thing which made me smile was that the 1 point tokens were removed due to a 'problem'. That would have made a bigger affect on the genuine tt-able value of the loots if they had rained down for the whole event.... but that may happen with this event to come, so watch returns carefully on the lowest hp mobs!

Resnis

everything tradable is ttable

No time limit? I'll open an MM Rehabilitation Facility for those that have participated in Free For All. :grouphug:

No time limit? I'll open an MM Rehabilitation Facility for those that have participated in Free For All. :grouphug:

How many moved their mouse pointer over Toprez's link? ;)

...And it hasn't even begun yet!! :laugh:

I think they should standardize the entrances by doing what NI did with ancient greece or cyrene did with the HUB.

Have 5 categories based on max hit/dmg level - 10, 30, 50, 70, 100

Then when you enter the category that you belong to ( max hit/dmg lvl <= category level ), you have a special TT terminal that sells MM armor, fap, and one of each type of weapon suited for, and maxed at that level. The weapons can only be used inside MM instances. No external items are allowed (i.e faps/guns/armors/skill buffs/etc). This is a purely level event based on hunting tactics and luck. Let the free for all be the gun and ped show, and let the solo event be the truly fair event competition.

Next Year we will see the Mayhem Island or something. Like you said NI - Arctic - HUB
That's the way you do solo instances! isn't the discovery of the wheel!

Have fun all and Merry Mayhem :)

+1 even if can't rep ya so soon again lol

So I just bet someone about the free-for-all...

I think that this means you will still form a team and go kill MM mobs like normal to farm tokens...

He thinks it will be a shared loot mob that anyone can shoot and farm tokens...

Let me know an answer so I can tell him he's stupid.

does this mean that a person can sit back and just buy tokens to win? Or do they also have to do 40 hours? Even so they could just log in and sit there , and just buy tokens.

It's like Merry Mayhem for Jabba the Hut.....

does this mean that a person can sit back and just buy tokens to win? Or do they also have to do 40 hours? Even so they could just log in and sit there , and just buy tokens.

It's like Merry Mayhem for Jabba the Hut.....

Anyone would think there's a new film out or something.

I'm sure Bobba Fett (or whatever his son is called) will do just fine this Merry Mayhem. Ho ho ho :xmas:

Just dont join the dark side and all that.

Does allow part timers to have a go and sell the proceeds you know, MA may be onto something - we shall see...

So I just bet someone about the free-for-all...

I think that this means you will still form a team and go kill MM mobs like normal to farm tokens...

He thinks it will be a shared loot mob that anyone can shoot and farm tokens...

Let me know an answer so I can tell him he's stupid.

My understanding is it is still instance based, you form a team, farm the same type mobs as solo and get tokens. I don't expect it is a shared loot mob. Servers are probably far more stable instanced than shared loot.

FFA MOFOKAAAAH! :yay::yay::yay: please no select target!!

PUT categories BACK​

this is bullshit to remove a core mechanism that was unique to merry mayhem and gave far more players a chance at winning something.

its bullshit that you pit us average players against the TITANS in EVERY calypso event now.

Congratulations MindArk you will not get my efforts in these events. you're now missing out on well over 120k cycled from me alone and much more since i was considering team as well.

i guess thanks for saving me and my friends thousands of USD in tt loss, suck it.

:duh::grumble:

I am just curious what the prizes will be for the Free for all event. It will have to be something real nice for the Donald Trump players to open up their wallets.

The Free For All category will have no time requirements or limitations, in true Mayhem fashion!

To give participants ample time to plan and prepare themselves for this exciting event, event dates are as follows:

Event Start: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 1400 UTC
Event End: Monday, January 11, 2016, 1400 UTC

Originally Posted Here

25 Days of gaming without breaks scheduled.

1) Let's start off with a search about deaths related to gaming...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-teen-hospitalized-after-playing-video-games-for-at-least-4-straight-days/

http://www.ranker.com/list/8-people-who-died-playing-video-games/autumn-spragg

I'm sure we could find many more. This is the sad reality of situations where gamers push themselves too hard.
____

2) I don't see the "sport" or "competition" in having a person be able to basically buy themselves to the win. Yes, buying gear is essentially buying a win; however, game skills actually mattered for teamwork sake during Mayhem's team category in the past (of course a certain gun we all know had a huge advantage).

____

I'm sure there's a lot more I could write. I really wanted to convey this, I don't think this is the solution.

As you recall, this was rapidly changed 7 years ago with the first Merry Mayhem rules down to 40 hours.

MA have done a full 'free for all' on the second category, this allows for those with huge free time, money and stamina along with organisational support to win it by a landslide.

I cant say I blame them. It will likely reap the greatest participation ever - those that cant commit to 40 hours over Christmas, those dont have the firepower and so on to "do their bit".

I really hope no one in Entropia really would push themselves past their physical limits
(plenty of us are 10 years older than when we first started playing after all ;) )

As you recall, this was rapidly changed 7 years ago with the first Merry Mayhem rules down to 40 hours.

MA have done a full 'free for all' on the second category, this allows for those with huge free time, money and stamina along with organisational support to win it by a landslide.

I cant say I blame them. It will likely reap the greatest participation ever - those that cant commit to 40 hours over Christmas, those dont have the firepower and so on to "do their bit".

I really hope no one in Entropia really would push themselves past their physical limits
(plenty of us are 10 years older than when we first started playing after all ;) )

Yes of course we all know not to die playing games. Until someone dies playing games. Full free-for-all involves the chance for this to happen and is negligent from a game maker standpoint. Most income possible doesn't mean killing the players. Let's not even get into the 2nd/3rd players of same avatar issue.

I don't call anything a contest in a situation like this anyway. It is an AUCTION. The highest bidder can win. What kind of event is this? Feel free to quote me dubbing this: FAIRY MAYHEM

Yes of course we all know not to die playing games. Until someone dies playing games. Full free-for-all involves the chance for this to happen and is negligent from a game maker standpoint. Most income possible doesn't mean killing the players. Let's not even get into the 2nd/3rd players of same avatar issue.

I don't call anything a contest in a situation like this anyway. It is an AUCTION. The highest bidder can win. What kind of event is this? Feel free to quote me dubbing this: FAIRY MAYHEM

Well there is still the Solo category.

The 2nd category will be a team / purchase and I doubt anyone will die doing it. IF the tradeable aspect wasn't there then there could be a risk of it.

I think Mindark can successfully argue they have negatated the compulsion to play non-stop over several days with that inclusion.

If anyone does want to risk their health, I'd imagine it is because they are getting good loot or a generous buyer.

Talking of getting enough sleep, bedtime for me, night all! :zzz:

that time of year again for an event that favors players with big dps.

little guys, step aside - this event is not for you.

I haven't done mayhem before, what's the general strategy for average mid level players here?

support the ubers or sit on the bench and watch

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-teen-hospitalized-after-playing-video-games-for-at-least-4-straight-days/

http://www.ranker.com/list/8-people-who-died-playing-video-games/autumn-spragg

I'm sure we could find many more. This is the sad reality of situations where gamers push themselves too hard.
____

2) I don't see the "sport" or "competition" in having a person be able to basically buy themselves to the win. Yes, buying gear is essentially buying a win; however, game skills actually mattered for teamwork sake during Mayhem's team category in the past (of course a certain gun we all know had a huge advantage).

____

I'm sure there's a lot more I could write. I really wanted to convey this, I don't think this is the solution.

CBS NEWS states in the article:

It might seem silly to forget to drink, but previous gamers who have become so engrossed have died because of playing for too long.

link: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-te...ing-video-games-for-at-least-4-straight-days/

hey if the news says it. it must be true:wise:

PUT categories BACK​

this is bullshit to remove a core mechanism that was unique to merry mayhem and gave far more players a chance at winning something.

its bullshit that you pit us average players against the TITANS in EVERY calypso event now.

Congratulations MindArk you will not get my efforts in these events. you're now missing out on well over 120k cycled from me alone and much more since i was considering team as well.

i guess thanks for saving me and my friends thousands of USD in tt loss, suck it.

:duh::grumble:

But but but...I thought you said I was the whiny crybaby???

I guess we all have things we don't like, and feel the need to talk about sometimes....it's human, and normal. So let it out, and have your voice heard!

Mega, when they switched from old style to new instances it was only 30 hrs, 40 hrs was last years new idea
Not that it matters....

Personally I'm rather bummed out by this, I'm on a support team that had a very decent shot at top 3 in cat II, I know I know wtf does MA care about cat II players but think of it this way:
12 man team, maybe 8 avail per instance so
8 x 40 x 1k ped cycled (just an estimation)

320,000 ped NOT cycled
And that's just 1 team in one catagory

Sure there will still be token farmers but I think this change sounds like a bad move

Back