Merry Mayhem 2015 Info

Gold rush is out on the Arkadia forum. It used to take a month for Merry Mayhem results to be posted, it's funny that people aren't happy that they get out faster they are mad that results for new events aren't optimized before the event is run!

I appreciate your logic; the thing is, event results have recently been being posted much faster, so it's just normal for expectations to adjust to improvements in technology, procedures, efficiency etc.

Let's get back to MM now that it's been resolved - and thanks for any input that may have been given behind the scenes :).

One question I have surrounds the bonuses: do you think the FFA will have stages to reach for ammo bonuses? This could mean more demand for trading tokens between people selling off extra or needing to top up, and I hadn't thought of that when I suggested mus on low tokens would be low too.

I guess we'll find out soon anyhow - and another bit of praise I haven't seen yet is ty to MA for announcing the dates earlier than the full rules. I'm sure it will help people plan their time better, yes!

This year’s event will feature just two categories

While I wouldn't have been able compete in the MM this year due to RL being way too busy, it really sucks that it looks like MM is now just like the rest of the events! I had been planning for MM and stocking up on gear throughout the last year to have a very strong shot at again placing in the top 5 for Category 1. (under pro lvl 25).

I'm just happy I realized it wouldn't work with my schedule before making the big / non-resellable purchases (lock boxes, ect). No need to keep up to date on the newest gear for MM'16, so that's a win... kinda.

Happy Holidays everybody!

selling Tokens to vendors spawns Diablo Clone I heard!! Wonder if they will make all cats token drops instead kill points

The holiday season is fast approaching, which of course means it’s time for some mayhem!

The highly popular Merry Mayhem event will see many changes this year, combining elements from other Mayhem-style events as well as older incarnations of Merry Mayhem.

This year’s event will feature just two categories: Solo and Free For All, with five instance areas for each category. The Free For All category is a new twist on the former Team category, and will allow groups of participants to work together to accumulate points. Free For All event tokens are tradable, allowing participants to farm point tokens that can be sold to the highest bidder, or turned in to increase their own event scores!

As in recent years, the solo Merry Mayhem category will have a 40-hour requirement to qualify for prizes, and will use the popular 40-hour normalized scoring system. The Free For All category will have no time requirements or limitations, in true Mayhem fashion!

Full event details and prizes will be announced early next week.

To give participants ample time to plan and prepare themselves for this exciting event, event dates are as follows:

Event Start: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 1400 UTC
Event End: Monday, January 11, 2016, 1400 UTC

Originally Posted Here

"Full event details and prizes will be announced early next week.

To give participants ample time to plan and prepare themselves for this exciting event"

So where is the full event details then? It's now less then 48 hours before event starts.

"Ample time to plan" ?????

"Ample time" means less than 2 hours before the start time. And "coming soon" means no less than 3 years.

Mindarks time logic based on what they say is rediculusly skewed from the average persons idea of time.

I guess we'll find out soon anyhow - and another bit of praise I haven't seen yet is ty to MA for announcing the dates earlier than the full rules. I'm sure it will help people plan their time better, yes!

I really shouldn't have bothered to praise MA, should I? There ALWAYS seems to be a downside to whatever small ups there may be :(. I may be wrong, but I seem to recall that when full rules have been announced with several days to go, quite a few of the more fair-minded players have quickly asked questions on bits of the rules which are not so clear or clever. This then gave organisers a chance to clarify/change the rules accordingly, to at least improve things partially.....

So, with my mind now firmly unimpressed once again, this feels like the status quo. Oh yeah!

Why should I do MM this year, for all we know the prizes are Pills, and Candys?

To give participants ample time to plan and prepare themselves for this exciting event, event dates are as follows:

Originally Posted Here

About 24 hours till event start, so what exacly are we preparing our selfs for then? :scratch2:

This event is an auction, as Star put it.

Only you have to sacrifice your health on top of your PEDs.

Silly.

The event details should've been posted a week before this announcement at least. Now less than 24 hours and still nothing :rolleyes:

Dear Bertha, this is the dictionnary definition of "early":

Early: occurring in the first part of a period of time
Source: dictionnary.com

In the case of a week, EARLY refair to the firt part of the Week
A week being 7 days, we can consider "EARLY" Monday, maybe Tuesday
Wednesday and thursday are Middle week
When friday saturday and sunday are Week END !

Other definition:

Soon : cant mean five years
Very probably: cant mean never
Q1 next year: cant mean Q4 in five years
Dynamic.... cant mean ********* censored

Delay of start inc?

Last year they announced details on Wednesday around 5pm Eastern time with event starting Friday

Possibly :dunno:

Posted on the Planet Calypso Facebook page in the hope it wakes them up. The Events page on their website is still showing Halloween :rolleyes:

No info updates .... 21 h event 2 start

No info update - Questions open - event start 21h away....

Ticket about MM unanswered since Thursday ... (simple question - will Tokens be refundable (if not used for prizes)) ?

Event about 2 start ... What a great service expecially on 1 of largest event ... for a RCE ...

Thats gettings just more sad

Resnis

Guys, relax. No need for prizes to get announced because the true prize has been announced with a nice $5000 price tag. Everyone can be a MM winner now!

Also, I think the new MM prizes will be a combination of christmas rings and adjusted MM armor, which will have buffs. That or MF amps, but most likely it will be melee amps and MM faps, along with christmas rings and lasers/scopes.. meaning selling adjusted hedoc mayhem and trauma VIII for 2k sweat @ boxes.

Guys, relax. No need for prizes to get announced because the true prize has been announced with a nice $5000 price tag. Everyone can be a MM winner now!

IDK about others but i see nothing special about those armors, not even the unique one... except its invisible... which for i couldnt care less

Last edited:
rules out guys, next complain?

Back