Merry Mayhem 2015 Info

But but but...I thought you said I was the whiny crybaby???

I guess we all have things we don't like, and feel the need to talk about sometimes....it's human, and normal. So let it out, and have your voice heard!

calling bullshit on MindArks stupid, dipshit, cocaine induced decisions to fuck over every one who isn't a pirate or one of the top 10 players or a 3 day old starter. is not necessarily whining. its enlightenment and they need to hear it.

i haven't whined in a very long time, nor will you see me whine about non-existent non-issues like every other 10 year old on this forum who hasn't learned basic algebra yet.

Reactions: cc.
calling bullshit on MindArks stupid, dipshit, cocaine induced decisions to fuck over every one who isn't a pirate or one of the top 10 players or a 3 day old starter. is not necessarily whining. its enlightenment and they need to hear it.

i haven't whined in a very long time, nor will you see me whine about non-existent non-issues like every other 10 year old on this forum who hasn't learned basic algebra yet.

The language int he post says categories are solo and free for all. So you mean cat1, cat2, etc... ?

It says there will be 5 instances for each type, I don't see anything implying they won't be the usual 5 categories.

Did I miss it?

12/10/2015 news release
Mind Ark proudly releases it's newest item availble for purchase through their very sucessful WebShop
Merry Mayhem free for all tokens!
Catagory I 5pack 100ped, 50pack 1000ped
Catagory II 5pack 500ped, 50pack 5000ped
Catagory III 5pack 1000ped, 50pack 10000ped

Oh hell just give us 1m ped and we'll give you a prize

:laugh:

Mega, when they switched from old style to new instances it was only 30 hrs, 40 hrs was last years new idea
Not that it matters....

Personally I'm rather bummed out by this, I'm on a support team that had a very decent shot at top 3 in cat II, I know I know wtf does MA care about cat II players but think of it this way:
12 man team, maybe 8 avail per instance so
8 x 40 x 1k ped cycled (just an estimation)

320,000 ped NOT cycled
And that's just 1 team in one catagory

Sure there will still be token farmers but I think this change sounds like a bad move

May that be true, team mayhem were never thought over, maybe 3 serious contender per category (best case) rest just casual hunting team and even solo hunters could get team prize who afk'd through half of the 40 hours

I hope the tokens have 0 TT or have big TT.
All you saying its buy too win event how do you reason?
There is no possible way too know how much too pay for the token.
Prizes are a set ammount of peds but potential ammount of token are indifinate.
There is a factor missing too justifie purchasing tokens too win.
You dont know if you need 100k token or 10 million.

The language int he post says categories are solo and free for all. So you mean cat1, cat2, etc... ?

It says there will be 5 instances for each type, I don't see anything implying they won't be the usual 5 categories.

Did I miss it?

From first post:

This year’s event will feature just two categories: Solo and Free For All, with five instance areas for each category.

That is like Halloween mayhem for example but with solo and free for all, halloween mayhem is only solo.

Solo MM = biggest gun wins

FFA MM - biggest PED card wins

what about keeping the Team MM ? at least we would have one category where strategy and prep efforts DO COUNT, and is not only about mindless grinding and/or spending fortunes on pixels ...

Was going to participate but now Ì will most likely not.

People seem really confused.....

The solo category is still there, as far as i can see nothing has changed on that side. Still get prizes for each category.

The only difference is the team one. Now you can buy tokens to win top prize. Seems to me, Free tokens are going to be worth a lot at the beginning.

So I presume all you people threatening to quit, were only going to be on the team event. If not, you are all . . . .!

As a solo hunter, looks like it *might* be worthwhile to hunt in the free zones to sell tokens to big pocketed people.

The people that seem to have a right to complain....are those organising/or were going to be in a team this year.

Rgds

Ace

FFA MM - biggest PED card wins

Discussing about the tokens sale possibility , you lose sight of the simple thing.
Namely: All prizes always worth final amount of PED, for which they can be sold. This means that big ped cards owners do not necessarily win, since it is not known how much money they must to pay in order to receive the prize.
How you can win by paying a large sum, if there is no way to know who paid more than you? As a result, you may find that the prize will not be able to compensate the amount of the PED which you paid, if you will sell prize at auction. Example: You paid 73,000 PED for winning, but actually sold prize just for 50,000, or its market value is not higher than 50k. It turns out that you lost money. So I advise you to consider the sale of tokens as a way to made rich only participants, not the winners. In addition, it may be that, to get the prize another 15 people payed with about the same amounts, so their losses were even greater, just because they not recieved a prize. Who is the winner? Those who loot all these tokens.

Last edited:
12/10/2015 news release
Mind Ark proudly releases it's newest item availble for purchase through their very sucessful WebShop
Merry Mayhem free for all tokens!
Catagory I 5pack 100ped, 50pack 1000ped
Catagory II 5pack 500ped, 50pack 5000ped
Catagory III 5pack 1000ped, 50pack 10000ped

Oh hell just give us 1m ped and we'll give you a prize

:laugh:

This is where we are heading :D Kinda weird they put them in loot actually..

Finally.. an event for Traders!! :yay:

Jokes aside, the new addition of FFA is interesting as, depending on the value of the event prizes, it can be a nice way for any player to win something.
However, it is a bit of a disappointment that they had to do this at the expense of deleting the 'Team Event'.

Last year, one team category only had a total of 10 teams in it, with the last couple of place prizes going for extremely low normalised scores.
Even categories with more teams had a massive spread of scores, most of which were probably the result more of playing for fun than winning ambitions.

If I take that as my basis for supply and demand for a FFA, and given that teams will probably assess what they think the prizes are worth and plan accordingly, then I really don't see much of a demand-side tbh!

A lot will depend on the tt values of the tokens in relation to the points they have, I guess.
Maybe MA will have 1 pec on all tokens and thus create a slider of markups, with only the high tokens having a nice mu. It's not like we haven't already seen that with Eomon samples etc etc.

For me this year, would normally be exciting with my new setup, bigger gun, better armor, better healing arson chip pills ect

But, also this means the cost to enter is now too high to justify a non - winnable result. Even with these upgrades there are singular guns that will still beat me hands down, every time.

I am fairly sure still I wont participate, unless the tokens have some decent markup.

Did I miss it?

Show me where it says they're keeping categories. From what I can see they're removing levelcap categories in favor of level of difficulty instances. Is everyone into the same level category.

wonder how many people have friends/family will play their character while they sleep :p This has happened in lineage 2 release day

IMO they should do 3 types.
Solo for wankers
Team for couples
FFA for massive orgy

In true mercenary fashion:
Buying and selling tokens for you! Place your orders here! For only 0.5% fee I will sell your tokens or acquire them, depending on your preferences !

Also doing selling-outs!

Yeap, that's how most people who used to do team support will spend their play-time...

Show me where it says they're keeping categories. From what I can see they're removing levelcap categories in favor of level of difficulty instances. Is everyone into the same level category.

Pretty much the way I read it, too. Basically, the same as Halloween Mayhem.

The holiday season is fast approaching, which of course means it’s time for some mayhem!

The highly popular Merry Mayhem event will see many changes this year, combining elements from other Mayhem-style events as well as older incarnations of Merry Mayhem.

This year’s event will feature just two categories: Solo and Free For All, with five instance areas for each category. The Free For All category is a new twist on the former Team category, and will allow groups of participants to work together to accumulate points. Free For All event tokens are tradable, allowing participants to farm point tokens that can be sold to the highest bidder, or turned in to increase their own event scores!

As in recent years, the solo Merry Mayhem category will have a 40-hour requirement to qualify for prizes, and will use the popular 40-hour normalized scoring system. The Free For All category will have no time requirements or limitations, in true Mayhem fashion!

Full event details and prizes will be announced early next week.

To give participants ample time to plan and prepare themselves for this exciting event, event dates are as follows:

Event Start: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 1400 UTC
Event End: Monday, January 11, 2016, 1400 UTC

Originally Posted Here

Who won Gold Rush? :scratch2:

Yes, I'd also like to ask whether the good devs of Calypso are happy for other event results to be apparently put on 'ignore', or might like to nudge MA with a quiet word or two. I think this is an on-topic question, as part of me does not feel like taking part in MM out of principle, which is related to ermmmm 'interplanetary relationships', shall we say.

Other than that, on balance I probably will take part this year - and that does indeed also have a lot to do with having enjoyed that other event held elsewhere recently.....

At any point before the event starts will there be anything about:

Cat 1: XXX HP / approx XX Damage
Cat 2:.... so on and so on?

Arkadians had this spelled out for gold rush, didn't know if it would be available information for MM?

I like the idea, but have a question:
Does this mean that with enough peds I can win Cat 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 without even entering the instance?

LOL...good thinking.

I kind of guessed MA would go token route, especially with sharing of some weapons at previous events. Many players just stopped bothering.

This free for all sounds superb, quite excited as it goes. I wonder if it's shared loot, or we will actually need an active team.

Rick

LOL...good thinking.

I kind of guessed MA would go token route, especially with sharing of some weapons at previous events. Many players just stopped bothering.

This free for all sounds superb, quite excited as it goes. I wonder if it's shared loot, or we will actually need an active team.

Rick

Isn't this really just an adaptation of the previous robot events where you collect the red robot parts and can turn them in or sell them to other players? Everyone seemed pretty happy with that format as it lets you win something without having to be one of the overall winners.

Isn't this really just an adaptation of the previous robot events where you collect the red robot parts and can turn them in or sell them to other players? Everyone seemed pretty happy with that format as it lets you win something without having to be one of the overall winners.

Not if it's like I expect it to be.

In those old events the required items were hard to find so you'd have to pay markup to the players who had them in order to collect what you needed for the reward item. The total TT value of the "ingredients" would be the same as the TT of the item received.

Nowadays the required items are common enough that you have to pay little or no markup to other players, but you end up exchanging a high amount of TT for a low amount of TT in the item you get back. Effectively you're paying markup to MA instead of to other players.

We don't know yet that this is what will happen in Mayhem, but it's the trend we've seen in the last couple of years with various item exchanges and upgrades (the Mission Galactica being the most striking and extreme example), so it's what I expect to see.

This trend is what is totally destroying the economy of EU. Not only does it fail to stimulate the market by creating markup as a result of scarcity, but damages it due to the knock-on effects on the value of other items and related materials.

Yes, I'd also like to ask whether the good devs of Calypso are happy for other event results to be apparently put on 'ignore', or might like to nudge MA with a quiet word or two. I think this is an on-topic question, as part of me does not feel like taking part in MM out of principle, which is related to ermmmm 'interplanetary relationships', shall we say.

Other than that, on balance I probably will take part this year - and that does indeed also have a lot to do with having enjoyed that other event held elsewhere recently.....

Gold rush is out on the Arkadia forum. It used to take a month for Merry Mayhem results to be posted, it's funny that people aren't happy that they get out faster they are mad that results for new events aren't optimized before the event is run!

Just like to congratulate Star, yoda, jimmy and all the rest of the boys. enjoy your prizes xx <3

Back