Mining 4 You Series : Episode 1 - The discovery ( 21/12/2009 - 25/1/2010 on LA45 & 52 )

Status
People who repeatedly question the interpretation of the rules to raise the final ranking will be disqualified.

Constructive Feedback for future events is always welcome though.

Thats pretty harsch is it not? People who asks about the rules will be kicked out of the event? Well, feedback for this event was asked, and here are my five cents, from one eventmaker to another:
It is important to hold an open event, easy rules and no surprices. Since i am holdin some events myself i keep myself updated on whats going on in other events, this one included. And i have a few questions. Why keep some claims secret? By keeping all claims in the forum it is easy for all contenders to see what has been found, and who has how many points. For example:
2 players have got more than 5 globals, are they on ore or enmatter? Do they qualify for the 5 different global bonus? I do belive that by keeping everything open you will have more tax since people will do their best to get a better result than the other.

And who is the winner? By the look of thing Ivo Jahrumble took it home big, but to wait 2 days after the event is over to get some more claims...? Deadline is always a good thing to put out!

What happend to the Highest find? Half of the event we saw 2 different names pointed out, seamed to me both got 10 points each, but all of the sudden one of them was taken away. And after that Petra Julmust Karlson was never seen of again. Might have lost some peds on that one, she seams to be mining alot.

I understand that you love you kids, i just became father and it is a great feeling, but to let them give out 20 points in an event? It is money we talk about here and in this event 20 points seams to be a bit much.

So for short:
Deadline for screens, screens in forum, let people know who has qualified for what bonus, easy rules wich dont change because of an missunderstanding and what ever you do, dont put our any threats! It is after all the participants from event that later will come back and mine/hunt and pay taxes. We love all miners ;)

Other than that it was a nice idea for an event, good way to find out what ores/enmatters you can find on this area! It will be interesting to see this though:

- First claim : Your name as first colonist to discover in the LA welcome message, based on time/date stamp of screenshot
6 different names with ore on 45 ;)

Thx for the feedback Mr. Tiddles.
Please avoid public naming, this could lead to wrong conclusions.

We will take into account the feedback you offered above, but will not accept people trying to exploit the rules to their own benefit.

Some rules could have been explained better, I accept this comment and we will take an extra effort for the next part of this event. We even asked some people to help reviewing them in advance, but money was asked to do so.

As I did not put an end date to post the claims, it is indeed a couple of days before I can announce the winner ... but as nothing extra came in, I'm going to finalize the scores in the next days. This will be different next time.

Prices will be available at the day mentioned in the event though.

We will do the right thing and hope to please everyone now and in the future.

Cheerz,

Atami

Last edited:
Please avoid public naming, this could lead to wrong conclusions.

We will take into account the feedback you offered above, but will not accept people trying to exploit the rules to their own benefit.

Wrong conclusions, what do you maen by that?

And since i am not sure what the second thing means eighter, "exploit the rules to their own benifit". I am guessing something has happand that isnt shown in the forum?

Wrong conclusions, what do you maen by that?

And since i am not sure what the second thing means eighter, "exploit the rules to their own benifit". I am guessing something has happand that isnt shown in the forum?

I reallty appreciate the feedback (+rep for that).

We learned a lot by running this first event & embrace all feedback so we can make the future ones even better.

And in the event there was a mistake from our side (as organizers) we will take our responsiblity in the final outcome of the event.

Stay tuned for the final scores, coming up soon .. but first I have to work a bit (I'm at work ;))

hi everyone

its the 1st event. pls throw the 1st rock the one who does everything 100% right at the 1st time pls

i have the feeling, i read between the lines, that atami is making an effort to invest and have fun in EU. with 2 lil kids and a RL full time job it seems. sounds natural she prefers a well written email with all the finds and clarification on every screenshot, than cheking each screenie 1 by 1 in forum.

and atami is not being judged here. same way u deposit your money ingame and get bugs that MA does not pay back for. why would u be suspicious about atami? way i c it there could even not be a sinlge screenie in the event thread and still we got score. atami makes it seem to have everything very well organized. an error will not change my point of view in this one.

for the fuzz bout the extra points.

i remember i saw the 2 hits, both mine and petra in the 1st few days after i posted. not mention to +10 each or any at the time. just the 2 names i think.

no matter the outcome of this im asking atami to post all of my screenies if im the winner and ill donate 100peds ammo to petra if she wants to come hunt with me, so we stay friends.

i think its easy to see that i could have beaten the score from petra if i wasnt counting on those 10 extra point i think are only mine (dunno now). i didnt that my problem, so it is if someone had saved a million screenies to the last day. that i think would be unethical. thats something it should be reviewed. i sent my screenies as soon as i had run over both lands for enamtter\ore. only when i had a basis to start from, instead of posting one by one in forum, i sent them to atami, leaving a good while befr ethe end of contest.

anyways, what im saying is that i really believe atami got the things well managed. i think we should support her. its the 1st time i entered an event. glad the event promoter seems organized enough. i believe so despite anything that happens. its the 1st show everyone :D

peace
and gl

ivo jahrumble

you did fine

Hey man I think the event was great. One of the best mining I've seen in awhile, at least it was something different than just biggest or most globals. I agree that the option of sending the pics to your e-mail or on the thread was confusing, as I didn't know which you preferred, but I didn't see a problem with it. I appriciated the care you put into tracking the claims and the updates on the scores. I also am thankful for you sending me a list of all the claims I had at one point, as I was getting confused. It's good to get some constructive criticism, and I know u are just the new land owner, this is how we learn. You did a great job. I don't wanna wait to find out who won, but I think that's fine. It's a lot of stuff to sort through, I don't expect this is the only thing you have to do in your life!
Thanks for the great contest m8

Processing final scores ... reserved

The event has finished and therefore it is time to give the final scores here & declare the winner !

:yay: First place goes to Ivo with 157 points !
:yay: Second place is well deserved by Petra Julmust Karlsson with 148 points !
:yay: Third place is claimed by Davin Trooper Felth !

score_20091222v18.jpg

The name fame for the first one who was able to find an ore or enmatter goes to the list of people below :

score_20091222v18_discovery.jpg

The most original screenshot was selected by my kids. They had a serious discussion between the one of Petra where she spelled her name and the one of Davin with the rock formation. Finally the agreed to go for Davin's rock formation posture.

Davin Felth Rock Formation Posture

The price ceremony was scheduled for the 31th of january, but there is no need to wait for the winners to collect their ped. So Ivo, Petra & Davin are welcome to PM me to meet upfront or let me know at what MA time they can be online on the 31th (or even later if they would be on holiday). The prices are waiting !!

Some feedback from our side ...

We expected a lot more taxes in our base calculations, but I guess it is part of the learning curve for us too. We'll continue the events anyhow to bring some fun into the game and be happy to bring some happiness.

On the bonus points, we have learned that getting a global is not an easy thing anymore while mining. This surprises me but I tried it myself with amps and MA has changed some things it seems. We will take this into account as much as possible in the next series of this events. We hope to approach a broader public like this in the near future ... not everyone should be mining with high amps to have a chance. So we'll accept entries lower than globals next time & lower the generic bonus points.

On the '10 points highest global' for LA45 & 52, we apologize for any inconvenience on our part. I'm still convinced the rule was clear, but we might have given some possibly confusing info by posting the 2 highest globals upon the request of Petra. We take responsibility for this and are willing to add an additional 100 ped to Petra Julmust Karlsson who got second place. All screenshots of Ivo were shared (without position of regulite) to Petra, so there is no need to post them all here.

LA52 is now infested with cute molisk, so we'll try to make sure this one doesn't play a central role anymore in the mining events. LA51 is now also ours and has natural spawn and is mainly mining too . Soon a custom named TP is coming between LA51 & 52 so this area will be very accessible.

We also acknowledge the rules are not as simple as in most events, but we want to make a difference and we will continue to try that in the future. This means we take an extra risk on interpretations & rules. Nevertheless we hope to bring more fun this way and hope MA will allow more versatile creative ideas from the LA owners without having days and nights of administration to process.

We might start the next event with extra pre-feedback on the rules.

We hope to see you soon all again in the next episode of the event !

---------------​

Weeee

nice one :D

well since atami is givin petra 100extra ped, ill take mine back and divide for the people who joined the event and make a teamhunt in cerimony :)

on the 31st im avaliable until 17h or after midnight at around 1am the 1st.

feel free to arrange a good time and lets clean the LA from those esto :D

Thank you for the event and thanks Ivo for the thought of the 100ped hunt, (I can’t hunt so I would have said thanks but no thanks anyway;) ). No hard feelings.

Prizes can be collected on

- 31/1/2010 (this sunday) , 20:00 MA time @ Shed LA45
- On PM, agreed time and place.

An extra thx to Petra for additional constructive feedback in PM.

Mr. & Mrs. Atami over and out ;)

Status
Back