Info: New exploit: pirate can fly next to you in invisible mode

SoberPhil

Old Alpha
Society
Victory
Philippus SoberPhil Maximus
Hey all!

I ran into the same known exploiter that was reported several times including here on PCF for PvP exploits with solid proof, yet Mindark fails to do anything about him and just keeps feeding him HOFs, while posts here get censored.

This time he was flying really close to me in a quad in space while being completely invisible!! I saw him right after leaving the space station, he was there and appeared to be flying in a different direction, all the way his arrow was invisible, until I reached lootable space and he suddenly appears behind me and starts shooting, how's that possible? I was looking at the screen almost all the time. I wasn't flying straight from point A to point B, I took the long route to avoid pirates, I climbed to over 1k altitude, yet he knew my location at all times and suddenly appears right behind me once I cross into lootable, and he's within firing range right away. How does that happen?

It's the same player I reported a while back when his quad was flying faster than mine, I just got a copypaste responce from support, sadly. I filed another support case now, maybe they wll act this time?

With such doublexl exploits out there, be careful fellow travelers. I did not get looted by the way, if anyone's curious.

This is a worry :( how could he do that?

I searched up the forum to see if there were similar complaints before, and it turns out this isn't exactly new. A long time ago there were several complaints about invisible avatars looting people in planetside PvP, the complaints stopped at some point so I guess the issue was fixed for planetside areas, but it could've remained in space, and that already known exploiter could've figured out how to activate it. This does make more sense now I guess.

Sounds like you are having a bad day Crabby and that a bit of nastiness is spilling over to your post.

There have been many posts here offering information to new players venturing into space, that advise changing altitude & not heading directly to their destinations.
You could have passed on your insight about the effect of getting a pirates attention by changing altitude then rather than be faux sorry about what happened to OP here.
Sober Phil, the way the arrow is pointing on radar is the way the ship is facing, not necessarily the way the ship is moving maybe maybe the ship was moving sideways or in reverse?
Best thing to do in situations like you mentioned may be to stop before you enter lootable and take a break, take a long slow look around for problems.
(not that I am in any way an expert in space - I have been shot & looted by experts thou :) )

Sober Phil, the way the arrow is pointing on radar is the way the ship is facing, not necessarily the way the ship is moving maybe maybe the ship was moving sideways or in reverse?
Best thing to do in situations like you mentioned may be to stop before you enter lootable and take a break, take a long slow look around for problems.
(not that I am in any way an expert in space - I have been shot & looted by experts thou :) )
Thing is, he was invisible the whole way, and then he suddenly appears from behind, this wouldn't be possible is he had the same speed and same visibility parameters, because at the very least his arrow would show up on the screen all the time, which it did not, it only showed up at first, then disappeared when we flew in different directions, and then appeared when he started shooting in lootable space, I didn't stop to wait for him or anything. There's some serious cheating going on here, first, to achieve this his quad must be faster, otherwise he won't be able to catch up with me, second, he must have higher than normal visibility or invisibility.

don't carry lootable items while traveling in space. Its a hard lesson learned, I know. If you must travel with items, hire a safe warp. Pirates use 3d party apps to lock onto your ship. this may be the case why he was invisible, but nonetheless the only safe way to travel in space is when you are flying yourself, don't carry lootable items, or hire a safe warp.

Support will always blame you, not the pirate.

Hey all!

I ran into the same known exploiter that was reported several times including here on PCF for PvP exploits with solid proof, yet Mindark fails to do anything about him and just keeps feeding him HOFs, while posts here get censored.

This time he was flying really close to me in a quad in space while being completely invisible!! I saw him right after leaving the space station, he was there and appeared to be flying in a different direction, all the way his arrow was invisible, until I reached lootable space and he suddenly appears behind me and starts shooting, how's that possible? I was looking at the screen almost all the time. I wasn't flying straight from point A to point B, I took the long route to avoid pirates, I climbed to over 1k altitude, yet he knew my location at all times and suddenly appears right behind me once I cross into lootable, and he's within firing range right away. How does that happen?

It's the same player I reported a while back when his quad was flying faster than mine, I just got a copypaste responce from support, sadly. I filed another support case now, maybe they wll act this time?

With such doublexl exploits out there, be careful fellow travelers. I did not get looted by the way, if anyone's curious.
i think this is a long shot but, you dont use nvidia shadowplay or amd relive i suppose? if not, use it in the future and make sure to record these strange occurances, so we can see what you saw too...

no, really, go activate it right now and dont make any excuses for it =)

again a story related to a silly feature that should not exist in RCE
again loot 2.0 rules should apply.. you are dead, 2 ped cost to kill yuou, 1.9 ped loot average and GG

as MA realizes that 20 minutes flying is 20 minutes not cycling and for 5000 avatars once per week it is over 85.000 inactive hours, 90.000.000 PED not shot and 1.800.000 ped of 2% hunt tax not cashed in maybe will remove this stupid feature

personally speaking i fly only oin normandie finding 5 ped of "taxy tax" a necessary evil (if there is a big loot i just get a AFK travel to avoid also risk of warp transport attack)

don't carry lootable items while traveling in space. Its a hard lesson learned, I know. If you must travel with items, hire a safe warp. Pirates use 3d party apps to lock onto your ship. this may be the case why he was invisible, but nonetheless the only safe way to travel in space is when you are flying yourself, don't carry lootable items, or hire a safe warp.

Support will always blame you, not the pirate.

Wow, so this is a thing, just wow, and in an RCE. The stuff I read about here before is that they can somehow increase the speed of the quad with autoclickers, and locking onto a ship with software that allows them to stay beyond the visibility range... it makes sense now. You're right about the risks of lootable ofc.

i think this is a long shot but, you dont use nvidia shadowplay or amd relive i suppose? if not, use it in the future and make sure to record these strange occurances, so we can see what you saw too...

no, really, go activate it right now and dont make any excuses for it =)
I've never recorded any gameplay footage, but now that this happened, I guess I could look into it. Problem is, footage of the same person exploiting PvP was posted by several people here and then deleted because it showed his name. You can't make this up.

again a story related to a silly feature that should not exist in RCE
again loot 2.0 rules should apply.. you are dead, 2 ped cost to kill yuou, 1.9 ped loot average and GG

as MA realizes that 20 minutes flying is 20 minutes not cycling and for 5000 avatars once per week it is over 85.000 inactive hours, 90.000.000 PED not shot and 1.800.000 ped of 2% hunt tax not cashed in maybe will remove this stupid feature

personally speaking i fly only oin normandie finding 5 ped of "taxy tax" a necessary evil (if there is a big loot i just get a AFK travel to avoid also risk of warp transport attack)
Exactly, moreover, the idea of lootable PvP in space is illogical in the sense that it doesn't add anything to the game. Planetside lootable is different because there you have actual MU in the ground, so risk/reward mechanics apply. And what's your reward for flying through lootable space? You get to loose PED on another planet, wow!

Also, getting gud in planetside PvP requires some investment and skills, while for a pirate it takes 100 PED + cheats, and then people quit over this, PPs don't get to develop properly because their content is essentially locked behind a paywall or hostile environment if you will.

Wow, so this is a thing, just wow, and in an RCE. The stuff I read about here before is that they can somehow increase the speed of the quad with autoclickers, and locking onto a ship with software that allows them to stay beyond the visibility range... it makes sense now. You're right about the risks of lootable ofc.

I've never recorded any gameplay footage, but now that this happened, I guess I could look into it. Problem is, footage of the same person exploiting PvP was posted by several people here and then deleted because it showed his name. You can't make this up.
They could also be using cheatengine to speed their quad up, theres another mmorpg I used to play and ppl were able to increase the movement speed of their character with it.

Entropia Universe being a Real Cash Economy IS the reason why lootable PVP needs to exists.

The entire universe should be lootabe PVP with safe havens of non-lootable within city walls and around space stations. I would even go as far to argue that your entire inventory should be looted not only your materials and resources tabs. You'll really need to choose what to do, where to go and who to surround yourself with while venturing out. Not only would this completely solve the 'botting' problem, it would also get views on social media and allow Entropia to compete alongside other high intensity games on platforms like youtube/twitch. Viewers want to see action and excitement. The current PVE gameplay offers none of this and is seen in the number of views/viewers on youtube/twitch, save for those who watch for the rewards the creators are sharing.

The downside is what's being claimed in this post; Cheaters. MindArk doesn't have the resources to police the game as they should to make what I've expressed above a reality. Entropia could easily be the #1 MMO but the lack of competitive play and PVP is why it remains a niche product with low population, viewers and interest other than those looking to engage in business-like activities while those 'playing for fun' feed them PEDs like a drug addicts and their drug dealers. Enter the fallacy of sunk costs while you wait for that dopamine rush you long for when you see a swirl or rare loot pop up in the top left corner of the screen.

On a side note; Tie this into the storyline progression of when the Robots finally complete their U(L)TIMATE WEAPON after 20 something years of resource gathering, they're finally able to set it off. A universe-wide pulse which breaks all Unlimited items forcing them to (L)imited status thus allowing the Robots to stage their greatest attack on the Human settlers to date! Without the fear of continued attacks that the unlimited items would bring, settlers are forced to regroup and re-equip after each battle in the greatest war to ever be seen in an MMO. Societies will be engaged, even some deciding to join the robot forces and take aim at their human counterparts. It would be... Unreal!

Entropia Universe being a Real Cash Economy IS the reason why lootable PVP needs to exists.

The entire universe should be lootabe PVP with safe havens of non-lootable within city walls and around space stations.
I'm gonna stop you right there, EU is already an economic PvP game where players compete for markup. If it were made like you're suggesting here, then no one would play, no one at all, nobody likes being looted, nothing fun about that.

The entire universe should be lootabe PVP with safe havens of non-lootable within city walls and around space stations. I would even go as far to argue that your entire inventory should be looted not only your materials and resources tabs. You'll really need to choose what to do, where to go and who to surround yourself with while venturing out. Not only would this completely solve the 'botting' problem, it would also get views on social media and allow Entropia to compete alongside other high intensity games on platforms like youtube/twitch. Viewers want to see action and excitement. The current PVE gameplay offers none of this and is seen in the number of views/viewers on youtube/twitch, save for those who watch for the rewards the creators are sharing.

The downside is what's being claimed in this post; Cheaters. MindArk doesn't have the resources to police the game as they should to make what I've expressed above a reality. Entropia could easily be the #1 MMO but the lack of competitive play and PVP is why it remains a niche product with low population, viewers and interest other than those looking to engage in business-like activities while those 'playing for fun' feed them PEDs like a drug addicts and their drug dealers. Enter the fallacy of sunk costs while you wait for that dopamine rush you long for when you see a swirl or rare loot pop up in the top left corner of the screen.

On a side note; Tie this into the storyline progression of when the Robots finally complete their U(L)TIMATE WEAPON after 20 something years of resource gathering, they're finally able to set it off. A universe-wide pulse which breaks all Unlimited items forcing them to (L)imited status thus allowing the Robots to stage their greatest attack on the Human settlers to date! Without the fear of continued attacks that the unlimited items would bring, settlers are forced to regroup and re-equip after each battle in the greatest war to ever be seen in an MMO. Societies will be engaged, even some deciding to join the robot forces and take aim at their human counterparts. It would be... Unreal!
This game isnt meant/supposed to be a hardcore pvp game.

It is nice how for the same reasons different people come to opposite conclusions
respectfully, i consider your logic faulty.

i back free interplanetary TP to istantly move from one plkanet to the other and dont have useless "tax" in term of time or ped to move

lootable is a minor issue, can just afk on normandie once per day for 5 ped to transfer resources.
being killed in space with no loot let you loose time to fly again (time not devoted to shot, no commissions for MA)
loosing ped to some ambusher is just part of the problem. inefficiency is most of it

It is nice how for the same reasons different people come to opposite conclusions
respectfully, i consider your logic faulty.

i back free interplanetary TP to istantly move from one plkanet to the other and dont have useless "tax" in term of time or ped to move

lootable is a minor issue, can just afk on normandie once per day for 5 ped to transfer resources.
being killed in space with no loot let you loose time to fly again (time not devoted to shot, no commissions for MA)
loosing ped to some ambusher is just part of the problem. inefficiency is most of it
You're describing a symptom. That being there is not enough population in this universe to have any space activity. With a populated space, there would be constant PVE and PVP battles being engaged. Being shot in PVP also creates rake for the system, thus your logic is that which is faulty, sir.

It's tough, they can't piss off the top economic contributors or we basically lose development but it's this very cycle that's got us into this trouble in the first place. We desperately need more population or this will never change but things need to change to get more population. Classic catch-22.

Why do we even need the visual graphical engine when you'd be happy with a text based, solo player version of the current gameplay that has an auction where those solo players can trade gear to engage in what was describe above as economic PVP (as if PK in an RCE is not the epitome of economic PVP).

Marco Killy Stur uses Weapon A and does 10 Damage to Creature A.
Marco Killy Stur uses Weapon A and does 7 Damage to Creature A.
Marco Killy Stur uses Weapon A and does 13 Damage to Creature A.
Creature A has been slain.
Cost to kill 3 PED.
Marco Killy Stur is awarded Stackable Loot A, Stackable Loot B and Item A with a total value of 2.7 PED.
Marco Killy Stur lists Item A on Auction for 0.5 PED.
Player B buys Item A from Auction for 0.5 PED from Marco Killy Stur.
End of gameplay.

I dont have a clue about warping....but is it possible to warp short distance? Like tp chip in pvp to jump next to you and strike you down, especialy if he saw direction you headed....or perhaps simply graphics fail?

I dont have a clue about warping....but is it possible to warp short distance? Like tp chip in pvp to jump next to you and strike you down, especialy if he saw direction you headed....or perhaps simply graphics fail?
No, the game does not provide such tools, I would exclude graphical issues as well.

I advise all small budget players to get a multipass form Normandie (50 peds/ 10 uses). Its will make you carry your loot safe and ya its not instant as an warp usually can take 20-50 mins depends on jumps but why risk it ??

I never fly anymore with loot in space since was proven there are so many exploits going.

you can share it in other ways.

Point of skilling is to access more stuff in the game, MA obviously doesn't care about pvp anymore and hasn't for a pretty long time. They are now focusing on PvE more than anything.
access what exactly ? :D

access what exactly ? :D
You can't do the bigger mobs/events/etc... "efficiently" with noob skills. Higher skills also means more MU opportunities as there are less players at the high-end skill level compared to the low-end skill level. If you want hardcore pvp go play tarkov, basically RCE with all the RMT that happens in that game.

Well if they are looking into this they might as well look into the speed hack of pirate quads.
This has been reported multiple times over the years. They keep doing it and nobody cares. I wonder what would it take for Mindark to actually do something about these exploiters.

This has been reported multiple times over the years. They keep doing it and nobody cares. I wonder what would it take for Mindark to actually do something about these exploiters.
support tickets only work if multiple folks report it at the same time. Only way Mindark might step in is if there were like 1000 support tickets from individual avatars about the same issue, and then, maybe, maybe, it might possible be forwarded to another department for review at some point in the future.

Before accusing anyone of hacking,exploiting, cheating,etc or speculating why mindark wont act please consider how sure you are that what happened couldnt have been achieved by knowledge of how movement works in the game rather then anything else.
We have multiple keys for multiple directions of movement in the game :
- planetside you can be faster by combining forward movement with strafing and even faster if jumping in uneven terrain to help with altitude correction
- in space you can also tilt/roll and strafe in diagonal directions - if you chase someone who dropped 1k altitude to escape view but then choose to fly 'straight'' towards the other planet what essentially happens is that this player enters a diagonal path to the other planet in which he slowly climbs back up making it a longer path and therefor interceptable. If said players is really carefull and makes sure to check his altitude repeatedly to fly the shortest distance at changed altitude he can still be intercepted by someone flying a parallel course but strafing towards the target using movement speed in multiple directions instead of just one.
Are you also always making sure that you are the only one on your quads guestlist ? Not maybe having someone you dont really know on the guestlist as well ?
You can see H location for a quad if you are on its guestlist and if you know a direction in which someone is going you dont even have to chase them yourself if you are working with others you can figure the closest partner in crime to the target to intercept.
Are you using revive jumping to speed up your travels ? You already threw away all your chances of stealth travel, if someone wants to get you and is prepared they will.
Have you considered that the chasing quad could be an unlimited faster one as well ?

Last edited:
Before accusing anyone of hacking,exploiting, cheating,etc or speculating why mindark wont act please consider how shure you are that what happened couldnt have been achieved by knowledge of how movement works in the game rather then anything else.
We have multiple keys for multiple directions of movement in the game :
- planetside you can be faster by combining forward movement with strafing and even faster if jumping in uneven terrain to help with altitude correction
- in space you can also tilt/roll and strafe in diagonal directions - if you chase someone who dropped 1k altitude to escape view but then choose to fly 'straight'' towards the other planet what essentially happens is that this player enters a diagonal path to the other planet in which he slowly climbs back up making it a longer path and therefor interceptable. If said players is really carefull and makes sure to check his altitude repeatedly to fly the shortest distance at changed altitude he can still be intercepted by someone flying a parallel course but strafing towards the target using movement speed in multiple directions instead of just one.
Are you also always making sure that you are the only one on your quads guestlist ? Not maybe having someone you dont really know on the guestlist as well ?
You can see H location for a quad if you are on its guestlist and if you know a direction in which someone is going you dont even have to chase them yourself if you are working with others you can figure the closest partner in crime to the target to intercept.
Are you using revive jumping to speed up your travels ? You already threw away all your chances of stealth travel, if someone wants to get you and is prepared they will.
Have you considered that the chasing quad could be an unlimited faster one as well ?
Well, I'm pretty sure it was a L quad because I saw him near the space station at frst, he then flew the other way, then he caught up with me which is not possible if he's going at the same speed, he appeared out of nowhere and closed in fast, he was definitely flying way faster than I was in the same vehicle. I'm pretty sure that I know what I saw.

That being said, I will clean up my guestlist when I log back into the game. I did not know this at all, from how far away can you see a quad if you're on the guest-list? I got a ton of people there because I used to take the free BIG warp a alot and then I would offer free rides to the planet's surface to whoever needed one, it was always different people.

Back