Info: New exploit: pirate can fly next to you in invisible mode

Some very useful information was shared in this thread, thank you to everyone involved. Now what sort of advice can we extrapolate out of this. If you want to fly between planets in a quad and not get shot, make sure you don't have weird avatars on your guestlist, put your avatar in invisible mode instead of online just in case, make sure no one's following you after leaving the space station. Now once you leave the SS make sure you use the button Bonnie mentioned above for horizontal alignment, use the alt key to align the camera if needed, put a marker on the space station you're going to but do not fly directly to that marker, because the lowlife pirate is going to be waiting for you on that route most likely. Take the scenic route, make a curve and then fly straight to the SS once you're in safe space.

One serious issue that can be easily fixed is that teamtagging a quad in space allows you to track it while being invisible to that quad, this is effed up and needs to be fixed ASAP, just reduce the range a bit until it matches what's intended for space. So if you run into an extremely low lowlife pirate that can track you from beyond your own visibility range and spam M on autoclicker to increase the speed of his quad (this was mentioned several times on this forum, I have not and will not test it), you're screwed. In case you see a pirate following you from the space station (they now have green arrows btw, so the color of the arrow means nothing), even if they fly away, better get back to the space station if you don't want to get shot, travel with 1 dung or buy a warp. Alternatively you can wait a few hours and try again. Cost of warps adds up tho if you use them a lot. All in all space is kinda messed up right now and needs some love and content. Lootable space is bad as it is imho, and then there's problems on top of that. Also Mindark started an investigation into the issue I mentioned in this thread, let's hope they can come up with a fix.

its not required no but there was a period where regardless of where when or how when taking a warp with anyone i at least did, I was told to log off and watch the disco for arrival before logging on.

But the fact that one should even need to do so is a different can of worms. I simply pointed out that due to piracy for a brief time here and there, as well as on other times in the past or in general wanting to or not it is the only way to actually be as safe as possible.

And i still think the bare minimum would be to just have a normal map in space. and trim lootable zones so that it is possible to fully circumvent them with normal flying if you can. Because even if i speak harshly about how ass space is i do like the idea of it, and i often do find it "fun" to just fly around myself to here i need to go.

But id like it more even if it would mean a longer flight time, if i could that flying a route i could just avoid it alltogether. and correct me if i'm wrong but at the moment there are currently no possible routes that avoid lootble spaces in space, at least looking at all the maps i know of that show this.

Swimming with sharks is also safer than standing near a herd of cows :p
You mean you 'had' to log because you chose ships that never or only little got upgraded because the system allowed players to bypass space in logged out state.
Its the story of the chicken and the egg. If mindark had bothered to fix the logged out transport issue then those charging money for a transport service would have had the need to upgrade their ships and consume plenty of mining ressources in doing so - sadly this never happened.
However Normandie has always shown that its possible to play the game online without the need to bypass - and its much faster then having to hold departures till everyone made it on/off.

In the end the easiest way for mindark to fix space would be to make vehicles/players loot like mobs - let their inventory be safe and let the system provide reward for ammo/decay spent just like when hunting animals. Put land/sector markers in space and let people fight over control and who gets the taxes from hunting or decay from passing warp gates. Easy fix for space, no bad blood and everyone gets to have a chunk of the action with no need to leave the game cause some transport service flies you without upgrades.

travel with 1 dung

I've always got my one piece of poo ready and waiting for the next pirate, otherwise I don't travel in lootable PVP with anything I'm not willing to part with in a quad. I remember early on in space I had someone "catch up" to me rather quickly so it's kind of sad its still happening to this day now with "cloaking" lol ahhh well pirates be pirates. Space was a missed opportunity in my opinion, maybe Unreal with motivate MA to make it better but I won't hold my breath.

Probably the easiest fix they could do is make lootable PVP zones a faster way to travel from planet to planet and the other non-lootable zones just come with more obstacles and distance. Also add in some type of loot in the lootable PVP zones that make the risk worth the reward. Space hunting is rather clunky and we need some astromechs to help out.

You mean you 'had' to log because you chose ships that never or only little got upgraded because the system allowed players to bypass space in logged out state.
Its the story of the chicken and the egg. If mindark had bothered to fix the logged out transport issue then those charging money for a transport service would have had the need to upgrade their ships and consume plenty of mining ressources in doing so - sadly this never happened.
However Normandie has always shown that its possible to play the game online without the need to bypass - and its much faster then having to hold departures till everyone made it on/off.

In the end the easiest way for mindark to fix space would be to make vehicles/players loot like mobs - let their inventory be safe and let the system provide reward for ammo/decay spent just like when hunting animals. Put land/sector markers in space and let people fight over control and who gets the taxes from hunting or decay from passing warp gates. Easy fix for space, no bad blood and everyone gets to have a chunk of the action with no need to leave the game cause some transport service flies you without upgrades.

No I think you are misunderstanding me a bit :p

I was told to log out due to piracy, not due to weight. The "normal logout" ways of space is plenty and stupid, the upgrades you talk about are also part of things i would consider a definate need to be a thing in a "better space idea". non of the logging out shenanigans, just more content, and more potential.

In the end the easiest way for mindark to fix space would be to make vehicles/players loot like mobs - let their inventory be safe and let the system provide reward for ammo/decay spent just like when hunting animals

This alone would probably be the best thing that could happen to space. Space would likely see a significant increase in activity, just from the fun factor of "hunting" something that doesn't have mob AI characteristics.

It could potentially end up making it significantly more difficult to travel without using a service though, with potential increase in activity and less moral burden when shooting someone down.

Mayhem. I like it.

This type of mechanic is ripe for abuse. I suspect this is why it's never been done.
name the type of abuse when you can only loot what you spent - it would be just like hunting elsewhere (without F and using manual aim) only that it could contain space only loot for mu.

Gaming the wave system with your buddies is one. There are more.

PVP Lootable should include all your inventory, not only your materials and resources tab and nothing from the mob loot pool.
You shoot a mothership down it respawns far away at a space station, you shoot a quad down you can summon it back to inventory but in each case you have to repair them back up - pretty stupid way to 'game the waves' - you can do so much better planetside and in the end its just as much a waste of time if you could just keep shooting/killing instead of waiting for something that might happen to someone else and where you have to not only spent money killing but also repairing. Better name something that you cant do 10 times better planetside.

Are those MMORPG's RCE? No, they aren't, so the item's only value are time and rarity. RCE is much more complex. The big mmorpgs don't FORCE you to go into the lootable pvp to access content. Yes, you might be able to farm items/consumables faster in those areas due to the risk, but theres not really any content gated behind it. In this game, there are a bunch of planets that you literally can't get to without entering lootable pvp. This is the only MMORPG I have EVER played that forces the player into traveling through lootable pvp to get to content, and I have played pretty much every single MMORPG that has a non-dead playerbase and isnt complete dogshit. Especially since this is an RCE and items have actual real world value, you can probably see what im getting at.

You can buy in game money with real money. Some MMO's legitly, some on the black market. You are forced to go to lootable pvp to access content. Youre even essentially required to risk to even have a shot at pvming inside lootable pvp. You need to pass through lootable pvp to get to ANY planet. What you don't have to do is bring any sort of risk 😂. It is not any different than any mmorpg I've played.

Clearly your problem is you don't like the reality of being looted. Then stay on calypso (where you are taking it to), or sell your shit on the planet you got it in. You want everything in your convenience and its not gonna work that way :). You just don't have the stones to engage in pvp.

RCE or not its a fucking GAME.

Both of you are cut from the same cloth. You're just to a whole other level in regard to complaining. Everything action, or lack of action, is not your fault. Got it. Like you, he can repeat the same decisions and be surprised he's met with the same result.
Yes but this is a game designed by people and we play within those parameters, so I can directly say who's "fault" it is. It's not real life, the parameters can be changed. MA chooses not to pay much if any attention to the concerns. Sure he can make different decisons, but so can MA. Why you hating the player and not the game ? Not sure why you consider me cut in any cloth in a level in complaining -

Last edited:
You can buy in game money with real money. Some MMO's legitly, some on the black market. You are forced to go to lootable pvp to access content. Youre even essentially required to risk to even have a shot at pvming inside lootable pvp. You need to pass through lootable pvp to get to ANY planet. What you don't have to do is bring any sort of risk 😂. It is not any different than any mmorpg I've played.

Clearly your problem is you don't like the reality of being looted. Then stay on calypso (where you are taking it to), or sell your shit on the planet you got it in. You want everything in your convenience and its not gonna work that way :). You just don't have the stones to engage in pvp.

RCE or not its a fucking GAME.
I re-read the OP post and not once did I see him complain or even state any issue with being looted or even say he lost loot. It seems to me that words are being put into his mouth. He is pointing out an encounter he had that seemed unfair and is asking for some answers or clarification - I don't see anything wrong with that.

So cranky :(
Crabby reminds me so much of Shirty

some people may disagree with me but honestly, been playing this for a couple years, and the space portion of this game is just an annoying waste of time for most players.

people who perform warp services of course generate a rent on this fact are just playing the game the way it's made...i don't blame them at all. but space needs to be totally overhauled or it needs to get junked

if there were a planet which had no teleporters and you had to run everywhere, except all the paths between hotspots were full pvp, nobody would EVER go to that planet. 99% of players would never go into space if they didn't have to.

i agree with the poster who pointed out that MA is leaving cycle on the table due to this....he's right.

full lootable pvp that takes 45 minutes to traverse planet to planet unless you abuse server border warping or paying 10-15p for a scheduled warp (or a handful of free ones for special events) or 30-40p for on-demand warps. it's all a big hassle that keeps people from playing the game the way they want. and i say that as someone how never flies with loot and has never been shot down.

full lootable pvp that takes 45 minutes to traverse planet to planet unless you abuse server border warping or paying 10-15p for a scheduled warp (or a handful of free ones for special events) or 30-40p for on-demand warps. it's all a big hassle that keeps people from playing the game the way they want. and i say that as someone how never flies with loot and has never been shot down.

The way you want? Like Cycle 500 ped on Arkadia and take your loot to calypso and sell for mark up at the snap of a finger? Instead of taking some time to try and sell on the planet you got it from... Then go on and complain about the lack of goods being traded on the planet. You see a pattern there? By the time you should consider a warp, the price of it is a very tiny fraction of what you're taking into space.

The way you want? Like Cycle 500 ped on Arkadia and take your loot to calypso and sell for mark up at the snap of a finger? Instead of taking some time to try and sell on the planet you got it from... Then go on and complain about the lack of goods being traded on the planet. You see a pattern there? By the time you should consider a warp, the price of it is a very tiny fraction of what you're taking into space.
Let players play the way they want, and let them deal with the consequences of that. Space has not meaningfully created robust economies on any planet but Caly, how much worse could it realistically get?

Space is an artificial barrier to the rest of the game.

But whatever they do is fine. EU is fun sometimes, but it's got a lot of rough edges and past and current decisions by the gamerunners have made me branch out to other things. Would love to see them get the act together and inspire me to spend more of my time in EU. I want to like the game....but they make it hard sometimes.

I love it when people slide up in here to give thumbs down without saying anything. Look, I get it...if you make money off piracy or the fear of piracy, I understand your point of view. I just think it's a crappy feature for the game.

Let players play the way they want, and let them deal with the consequences of that. Space has not meaningfully created robust economies on any planet but Caly, how much worse could it realistically get?

Most gamers are "casual", maybe not in EU, but still. If I have an hour and half spare time in my day to play a game, I won't be too excited to spend even 30 minutes afking in space. And then spend peds on a warp? That is the option that is not 100% available and adds cost to play to an already incredibly expensive game. It is a barrier - some may argue about how there are ways around it or it isn't "much" of a barrier, but it still is one. It 100% inhibits me from traveling to other planets and IMO everyone misses out (aka planet partners, etc)

This barrier has created gameplay that others reach into , and wealth that others wish to leave on the table.

Space is not a place where you will find bots playing.

We run around in very two-dimensional circles here! Oh yeah, I guess that's what circles are, oh well...
At least we don't have the massiveness of our game universe changing to remove insurance of our ship attachments, with 'insurance' being the storyline in one particular other dimension for how unlimited ships get replaced to your revive point if destroyed. That is now about to change there, but then again, it's not an RCE universe, but still, expect waves of discontent there (not our waves - our waves are waves of delight for some people...). Here we don't even have much variety of equipment for our space vehicles, regardless of L or UNL.
Anyway, there is so much set to change I think with the onset of UE5, and so very much more than not understanding here how people can close gaps between ships under certain circumstances, or is it exploits after all and I lose the dung that now has roses growing in it as it's been in my inventory for so long?
It really strikes me how I would probably 'jump ship' if there were a decent other RCE environment out there. Maybe I would even embrace semi-lootable pvp in such a world if it were done right, but here I see lootable space pvp as a definite obstacle to EU popularity as a whole.
So little trustable info around even simple single situations such as this OP doesn't help either...

Back