Next Island known issues

It appears he completed the said requirements to win the shop.

Give the man his :banana:

Epic shitstorm

But the rules don't say they give him a banana. He has to send a support case when he has banana in inventory in order to claim the deed. If he hasn't looted a banana, picked it up, bought it etc then he can't claim the deed. I don't see why there's all the fuss, he hasn't achieved the requirement to claim the deed.

Ahh, but you say he needs to kill 5000 bruce and sent a support to claim deed. Well that's the problem, the rules were bullshit to start with. IMO the requirements to claim the deed have not been fulfilled because the requirements where unknown to start with.

I have been thinking about this a little and - What if it were you or me who had done the same as Wildman?

I think we would be pretty pissed. The sign is, as has been noted previously, ambiguous. There are conditions that can be met 'Kill 5000 Bruce' and conditions that can't be met, 'No Banana' but how are you to know that?

MA have been particularly lax in their planning of this event and the event should not have been posted until it was ready.

I would say that MA do need to revitalize NI and this event was a major part of their plan for doing so and IMO I think the event should continue as MA planned.

However, due to the ridiculous fiasco that has occurred around this event being up but not ready I think Wildman is due some sort of compensation. Don't ask me what. I let Wildman and MA sort that out between themselves.

Just my 2 pec

"Next Island known issues"

This is how this event was posted on Entropia Universe website, as a "Known Issue" today. This post comes almost two days after I sent my unanswered support case to try and claim the deed and over a week after the sign appeared in game. If they knew it was a "Known Issue" then why wasn't that reflected on the event sign that the event isn't ready? Or this thread posted on Entropia Universe website right after the VU update. No MA waited to fix the "known Issue" why?

I have been thinking about this a little and - What if it were you or me who had done the same as Wildman?

I think we would be pretty pissed. The sign is, as has been noted previously, ambiguous. There are conditions that can be met 'Kill 5000 Bruce' and conditions that can't be met, 'No Banana' but how are you to know that?

MA have been particularly lax in their planning of this event and the event should not have been posted until it was ready.

I would say that MA do need to revitalize NI and this event was a major part of their plan for doing so and IMO I think the event should continue as MA planned.

However, due to the ridiculous fiasco that has occurred around this event being up but not ready I think Wildman is due some sort of compensation. Don't ask me what. I let Wildman and MA sort that out between themselves.

Just my 2 pec
Hey there,

Thanks for putting perspective on this, totally agree but compensation other than what he was told in game he would receive is unfair, he put so may hours in over one week(well after all, the signs said first to kill Bruce 5000 times, therefor clearly had to do it ASAP!) Just another foot note, there were not 1000s of Bruces roaming around, it was one recurring Bruce in the same spot!

"Next Island known issues"

This is how this event was posted on Entropia Universe website, as a "Known Issue" today. This post comes almost two days after I sent my unanswered support case to try and claim the deed and over a week after the sign appeared in game. If they knew it was a "Known Issue" then why wasn't that reflected on the event sign that the event isn't ready? Or this thread posted on Entropia Universe website right after the VU update. No MA waited to fix the "known Issue" why?

and its still there in game for anyone who plays the game but doesnt read the forums as an active mission/event!

Hey there,

Thanks for putting perspective on this, totally agree but compensation other than what he was told in game he would receive is unfair, he put so may hours in over one week(well after all, the signs said first to kill Bruce 5000 times, therefor clearly had to do it ASAP!) Just another foot note, there were not 1000s of Bruces roaming around, it was one recurring Bruce in the same spot!

Oh OK I had not realized there was only one Bruce. It gets more bizarre by the minute. Was Bruce 'shared loot' or not. I don't understand how this event was meant to play out in the first place then.

Reactions: EMW
Oh OK I had not realized there was only one Bruce. It gets more bizarre by the minute. Was Bruce 'shared loot' or not. I don't understand how this event was meant to play out in the first place then.

He was not shared loot, and with the event board stating no rules, we took that as kill stealing was allowed since the area was not PvP. Why I jumped on him and started grinding.

and its still there in game for anyone who plays the game but doesnt read the forums as an active mission/event!

One is not required to read Forums, indeed! The forums, and ofc the entropedia, can be very useful. As info support. And sometime, borish.

But it is not a rule that any participant must find and abide by info posted outside the Entropia Universe.

This shows that this was a recently added event/mission added within the last week, and therefore a mistake or a bug! how?? well because it is only the last week that we have been able to use all equipment on ancient Greece.

In that sign, it clearly states that restrictions to AG have intentionally been lifted. I asked support if the removal of restrictions to AG was a bug or a feature, they replyed its a bug. Does anyone at MA know what they are doing right now? :eyecrazy:

In that sign, it clearly states that restrictions to AG have intentionally been lifted. I asked support if the removal of restrictions to AG was a bug or a feature, they replyed its a bug. Does anyone at MA know what they are doing right now? :eyecrazy:
LOL, you said it brother :laugh:

you work for MA dont you................ lol 8)

I am beginning to wonder if there has been some insider skullduggery going on :yup:

Oh no I don't work for MA lol

Oh no I don't work for MA lol
lol, man wasnt having a go at you was just saying you dont understand anything............ same as MA 8)

Didn't you know?
Anyone who touches NI gets F&(*#ed by MA.

Didn't you know?
Anyone who touches NI gets F&(*#ed by MA.

Seems about right! ya know what though, a few of us shit chatting on Skype right now, and it occurs to me, this is supposed to be a game, that is fun and with achievements for time, effort and most importantly........... money! Screw you MA, you not only owe wildman the LA you promised but give him a little extra for putting him through this shit after he followed your instructions, then pulled the rug from under his feet!

I cannot in any good conscience depo again unless this ends in the result it should! not a loose threat, I simply feel that strongly about it!

The Right Thing

Pondering this thing...

If I (as in if I was MA) had made the mistake, I'd feel more than a little embarassed. I'd have made a false promise - unintended, but still - that had made one or more people spend a lot of time and a bit of money. On my words or promises.

I would fix it, and add some bonus. Then, I could sleep soundly. Hell, even spin it as good marketing for good support, having set things right.

I'd be in a foul mood now if I where Wildman, that's for sure.

He finished the mission and killed the 5k Bruce ... he won the prize!
I trust MA to do the right thing here and give the man what he deserves.

He finished the mission and killed the 5k Bruce ... he won the prize!
I trust MA to do the right thing here and give the man what he deserves.

I think he deserves even more by now for the bullshit MA did! finish mission, then have to fight to get your prize!! WTF!?

Sooo... MA gave a monkey the :banana: and said "Give it away as a reward"?
C'mon, we all know what happens if u give monkey a :banana:
Next moment the :banana: ends up inside monkey, and u get shit. (there's scientific proof)

Anyway, it's clear we're all behind Wildman here. All except Snake that is.
Don't listen to Snake btw! Eve listened to it and we all know what an epic shitstorm followed. Thousands of pages were written trying to explain who did what and why... (u can get the printed version of the whole thread in any hotel room).

Also, some ppl say MA doesn't answer support cases. Then again there's other ppl who believe it does answer. One guy even claimed MA appeared to him in a burning bush and gave him EULA. Clearly a question of faith! :yup:

I'm not against him I just don't understand how u guys can say he's completed the mission when he doesn't have a banana.

I can kill every mob in the cyrene epic mission but if I don't have the amber I don't get the reward.

You read the 'kill 5000 bruce' rule and conveniently forget the 'first one with the banana' rule.

Fifth,

BEST REPLY SO FAR!

Well if it helps I can say that on Cyrene the Tide Claw 1k mission counter it's broken and cannot see the progress while you kill those mobs but still as found out from other players mission is still open and active.

odd, cause I'm currently 946/1000

That's because, when they fixed it, they gave people a chance to get the counter... but it required you to abandon and then take again the mission.

Sooo... MA gave a monkey the :banana: and said "Give it away as a reward"?
C'mon, we all know what happens if u give monkey a :banana:
Next moment the :banana: ends up inside monkey, and u get shit. (there's scientific proof)

Anyway, it's clear we're all behind Wildman here. All except Snake that is.
Don't listen to Snake btw! Eve listened to it and we all know what an epic shitstorm followed. Thousands of pages were written trying to explain who did what and why... (u can get the printed version of the whole thread in any hotel room).

Also, some ppl say MA doesn't answer support cases. Then again there's other ppl who believe it does answer. One guy even claimed MA appeared to him in a burning bush and gave him EULA. Clearly a question of faith! :yup:

Funny comments but i'm with slither here (which is not to say i'm against Wildman per se). As usual MA screwed up through ambiguity but it's players that choose to act or not based on the information given. When they do its up to them to recognize that they are acting based on some assumptions.

If i assume something but doesn't turn out to be that case, how does one go about blaming someone? I feel bad for the grind but if it was based on a asumption then you really can't blame anyone for not being what you expected it to be.

ps. it's not being behind Wildman or not for me, the story is more important including the facts.

Yeh...

...I have to agree with slither...it does say you have to have a banana in inventory...now presuming that one would loot the banana or get it at the end of the mission is entirely different and certainly confusing no instructions on how to get banana...here's what will happen...MA will repost better instructions on mission and state more clearly how banana is to be obtained. Clearly Wildman(if he is to be believed and I do believe him...soc mate healed him for the mission) has clearly completed one portion of the mission but does not have banana...only complaint is that there are not clear instructions on how one gets the banana of the peak...but gl with getting it!

and when I read the instructions my immediate thot was...how does one get the banana...killing 5k is easy enough to monitor...and why do instructions for two separate items seem like independent and severable mission completion mechanism...instead of saying AND....

Brick

That's because, when they fixed it, they gave people a chance to get the counter... but it required you to abandon and then take again the mission.

Funny comments but i'm with slither here (which is not to say i'm against Wildman per se). As usual MA screwed up through ambiguity but it's players that choose to act or not based on the information given. When they do its up to them to recognize that they are acting based on some assumptions.

Lets all stop playing this game then, based on your theory! They clearly can do what ever they want with 3 of you guys.

Terribly written rules but I'm disappointed with some of the chatter in this thread. Shaming people with opposite positions, a bit of strongarming, and bit of overdramatization.

I can't quite gather in this thread if MA told Wildman that they weren't going to do anything or if he submitted a support case, waiting on an answer, and in the meanwhile whipping everyone into this week's PCF frenzy.

I hope you get something out of it for your efforts but let's come off the ledge a bit. You've stated your case. Give mindark sometime to sort it out. If they dont, then you have your reason. But let's not start throwing out dangerous and careless l assertions that mindark is scamming. Those have serious reprocutions. I don't think they intentionally intended to decieve. Sounds like a rush job with no testing (perhaps as usual and another point to argue).

Take a deep breath folks.

Last edited:
Any picture of the sign you are talking about?

Edit: Okey I guess the board was the "sign", but where do the information about 5000 kills comes from?

Last edited:
Terribly written rules but I'm disappointed with some of the chatter in this thread. Shaming people with opposite positions, a bit of strongarming, and bit of overdramatization.

I can't quite gather in this thread if MA told Wildman that they weren't going to do anything or if he submitted a support case, waiting on an answer, and in the meanwhile whipping everyone into this week's PCF frenzy.

I hope you get something out of it for your efforts but let's come off the ledge a bit. You've stated your case. Give mindark sometime to sort it out. If they dont, then you have your reason. But let's not start throwing out dangerous and careless l assertions that mindark is scamming. Those have serious reprocutions.

I sent my support case two days ago stating I am close to 6k kills either I won or what but the banana was supposed to drop at the 5k mark. This thread seems to be my response to my support case as MA hasn't responded to me yet at all. The point is that sign and Bruce if this event wasn't active shouldn't have even been in game, or the sign state it is coming soon. I don't read forums much anymore but I did check out what I was reading on the sign, nothing was posted anywhere including the VU update news. A game should be played in game forums are not a requirement so looking at it as in-game content I took it as a valid event. Only a week later when MA realize the "known Issue" do they say anything about it. To send a support case at the time of discovery of the sign and wait would have meant +48 hours of time someone else would have discovered the event sign and started grinding, there was no time to wait.

Last edited:
Back