No Land Grap in a long time :(

Well, U can mine with mobs around, U cant hunt with no mobs around:rolleyes:

Nope cause then you would have to kill them, and that would make you a hunter...

If you are going to a area with the intention to mine, and make a little profit, then mobs grinding on armor isnt really the right way :/

Well for me it is good news, and an extention of landareas ownership would be bad..

LG are funny to watch and stir's up community in a good way, but just remember there is another side of the game than the flamboyant hunters, some actually enjoys the peace and quiet to go about minding our own buisness, focusing on 1 single proffession.

Atleast for me, it isnt always about turning enough peds, or worrying about making that last ped.

Still my argument holds as its a infalible.. That it might not be as peacefull as some want it, C'est La Vie.

Not to mention their is so much land suited for mining compared to the relative low turnover they generate that I dont think that is a area that u guys should complain about.

And yes I do mine, and yes I also like peacefull mining but im talking about whats best for the game itself as that far superceeds any indivudual preferences one might have imo..

Well after last years land grab I don't think it's any surprise they are going to redo the landgrab system. I think we have all been expecting that but I imagine they have a lot of other systems to code and things to do...

Agreed... absolutely no surprise here. LG was (most likely) intended to be a massive battle for the right to claim taxes. Last year, as we all know there was basically no battle. It was fought with words in secret dealings prior to the event. Words do not bring MA|FPC any income and when it is all said and done, they are a business.

:twocents:

:scratch2:
It's not grap,
It's not crap,
It's not crab,
It's ... GRAB!
:rolleyes:

Any spawn worth hunting is virtualy impossible to mine unless it's a really passive mob like allophyl. It's not about having to kill a few mobs on your mining run, it's about needing 20ped ammo for every 1ped bomb you drop.

I hunt a lot myself too, and it's great to have the spawns from the LG areas but when they die out you just go hunt somewhere else - as LG grows closer you get excited about those LG spawns coming back.

Wanting to keep the LG areas for hunting all year round is just pure selfishness, with no considaration for other players.

Checklist for MA

1. Let claimed LA´s run out as scheduled.
2. Hold events , maybe like the wastelanders event , where winners get the LA deeds for the time until next LG.
3. Work your ass off to make LG come as soon as possible.

because at the end of the day , all we want is something to shoot :)

cheers

ermik

Agreed... absolutely no surprise here. LG was (most likely) intended to be a massive battle for the right to claim taxes. Last year, as we all know there was basically no battle. It was fought with words in secret dealings prior to the event. Words do not bring MA|FPC any income and when it is all said and done, they are a business.

I beg to differ - there was a battle, until the opposition left. It's still no reason to punish players for finding a new way to handle the situation.

Greed or not, I rather have the LAs extended then to have them die out.
Cers will be extinct for example. Spider LA and the falx oneswill be dead too right?

Its not much peds for those holding LAs, except for M2S and maybe AOW.

Best would of course be if MA maintains the LAs with 0% tax and keep current spawns.

Or like some mentioned, a competetion to make the LG lands be real played owned LAs in some kind of competition.

But if those options fail, let the socs hold the lands.

Wanting to keep the LG areas for hunting all year round is just pure selfishness, with no considaration for other players.

Quite a few la have unique spawns, there are no unique ores on any of em that u cant find outside of LA's

I personally think the LG gives MA such low income that it doesnt really matter. It might boost the economy leading up to LG from people stocking up on high end pk shit.

But in a real LG, say ~300 people spend ~400 ped in decay each, that's a measily 120 000 peds. Maybe another 400 people spend ~100 ped thats another 40 000 peds. So ~150k peds gained for MA. Not much.

And there's also the possibility that all that decay and ammo spent goes to the loot pool = 0 gain for MA.

LG is an event to fire the game up in my opinion, not to give revenue to MA.

Why not extend the time for the current Land Grap owner - Better have some to maintain the area than it will be a cold and not touch area in a long time ahead ??

It is still possible to extend the time like 6 month and then evaluate.

All areas will run out around the 22th - 24th of february. So pls hurry up

Time was not extend in past , so why extend it now ?
They had allready 9 month when LG was usual 6 month...

I agree that MA should set the spawn of mobs in all those LA so people can hunt there...but why increase owner ship time ?

if evrytime an event is late MA have to gift something to the before event winer...soon MA will have to give crazy stuff to people who win something because MA is always late of months and years for every event ...

Should they give 2 price for those who wait for the shop contest ?

im thinking there trying to fix the lag aspect not the huge alliance and such that happend

Quite a few la have unique spawns, there are no unique ores on any of em that u cant find outside of LA's

Are we really going to keep batting this one back and forward when you know I've already won the argument? :)

If you have a problem with spawns in general then take it up with FPC, the LG areas should cycle between good for hunters and good for miners the way they always have - it's the only fair way to do it.

I personally think the LG gives MA such low income that it doesnt really matter. It might boost the economy leading up to LG from people stocking up on high end pk shit.

But in a real LG, say ~300 people spend ~400 ped in decay each, that's a measily 120 000 peds. Maybe another 400 people spend ~100 ped thats another 40 000 peds. So ~150k peds gained for MA. Not much.

And there's also the possibility that all that decay and ammo spent goes to the loot pool = 0 gain for MA.

LG is an event to fire the game up in my opinion, not to give revenue to MA.

You may be 100% right - no one really knows. But it is suspicious that in the past, the LG happening was fairly predictable. Since the alliance happened last time and with today's news, not so much. It is not an illogical conclusion. I guess we will know more once the LG Rules are released. From those changes we should be able to tell what part of the last LG was not liked by the powers that be.

Time was not extend in past , so why extend it now ?
They had allready 9 month when LG was usual 6 month...

I agree that MA should set the spawn of mobs in all those LA so people can hunt there...but why increase owner ship time ?

if evrytime an event is late MA have to gift something to the before event winer...soon MA will have to give crazy stuff to people who win something because MA is always late of months and years for every event ...

Should they give 2 price for those who wait for the shop contest ?

I dont care who maintain those la's (LG winner or MA/FPC) just keep a decent spawn of those mobs that is almost uniqe for LG land areas like falx.

One thing i know for sure and everybody that has been in this game for just a few month - - - IF MA/FPC is gonna do the maintanence it will never be done - just look at how much they still hasnt finished to get in VU 10 - so those of you that has all those better idees than extend the LA to LG winners want MA / FPC to say: "Heeeeyy we put all on halt so we can give the comunity a good spawn in the LG lands"

I'm no miner but I agree with Slither.

And the news doesn't say there will be no landgrab for a long time, it says there won’t be any landgrab in the near future. I think the point is simply that there won't be a landgrab immediately after the lands revert to Marcus Callender ownership at the end of the month. I wasn't expecting one for a few months anyway.

i just cant beleive that some ppl can be so greedy (MA,FPC) come on! LA is awesome and once a year a real pk event is formed so ppl really cant wait and some even benefit from it. but imho you really are doing this because we screwed you the last year. you think u'll get 1k's of ped for nothing buahaa but you were wrong. so u had to pay warants and dk to decay us and all. this is just stupid. MA&FPC i trully have 1 honest proposal. dont be so greedy and give loot and events back to ppl and all the money will come back too you doubled.

I'm no miner but I agree with Slither.

And the news doesn't say there will be no landgrab for a long time, it says there won’t be any landgrab in the near future. I think the point is simply that there won't be a landgrab immediately after the lands revert to Marcus Callender ownership at the end of the month. I wasn't expecting one for a few months anyway.

hmmm - how long did we wait in the lastest LG. In my more than 4 years here i have seen 3 LG. The first two had 6 month ownership and the last 9 month. Thats more than 30 month without Land Grap or where those LA's has an owner. 30 month out of 53 thats a lot. I'm very sure that there will be no Land Grap in 2010. That will be another 10 month with low spawn of some very interesting mobs and maturity.

And miners - well i think they have plenty of free spaces. Even several of the land grap LA's is for miners with a very low spawn.

hmmm - how long did we wait in the lastest LG. In my more than 4 years here i have seen 3 LG. The first two had 6 month ownership and the last 9 month. Thats more than 30 month without Land Grap or where those LA's has an owner. 30 month out of 53 thats a lot. I'm very sure that there will be no Land Grap in 2010. That will be another 10 month with low spawn of some very interesting mobs and maturity.

And miners - well i think they have plenty of free spaces. Even several of the land grap LA's is for miners with a very low spawn.

Almost all of the gap was between 2006 and 2008. Between 2008 and 2009 it was roughly 6 months on, 6 months off.

Hunters have always looked forward to LG and the great spawns after, Miners have always looked forward to the end of LG to get large clean areas of untaxes land.

If you have a problem with spawns in general then try and sort that out, LG areas should continue to alternate between good for hunters and good for miners.

Nope cause then you would have to kill them, and that would make you a hunter...

If you are going to a area with the intention to mine, and make a little profit, then mobs grinding on armor isnt really the right way :/

Well for me it is good news, and an extention of landareas ownership would be bad..

LG are funny to watch and stir's up community in a good way, but just remember there is another side of the game than the flamboyant hunters, some actually enjoys the peace and quiet to go about minding our own buisness, focusing on 1 single proffession.

Atleast for me, it isnt always about turning enough peds, or worrying about making that last ped.

Come on guys, there are plenty of places to mine that have no/few mobs. This is not a good argument for there being huge gaps between LG's, the only major pk event we have, one that is a significant motivator for many people to skill up and buy expensive stuff.

MA themselves said that LG itself does not generate much income for them.

However, all the skilling, gear buying and practicing during the year for many of the most active players, does.

So, with no LG on the horizon, I guess all that ped spending won't be necessary for a while. Good job MA.

I beg to differ - there was a battle, until the opposition left. It's still no reason to punish players for finding a new way to handle the situation.

The problem with last landgrab is that it explicitly excluded people from socs below top 50 from joining.

For instance societies who doesn't doesn't separate beginners and veterans, societies with temporary problems who just accidently were below top 50 and so on.

Sure it was a theoretical problem in most cases (there are just a handful socs that have a reasonable chance of actually getting a LA), but it took the fun out of it knowing we (non-top 50) not even had a chance of trying - and that regardless of personal skills.

A few socs that were out of the last landgrab were for instance Groene Drack and NBK as far as I know, and maybe even Ex Cons was below the line. I'm pretty sure a few people from those socs could have joined for a match.

If it wasn't for the top-50 rule last time, I would have considered extending the land lease period.

As it is now, though, most of the current land areas are dying out on mobs, and I wonder if the lease would be prolonged, the land owners would refill the fert stations and bump the spawns (which would cost alot of improvement points since it's at bottom), or if they would just leave the land area as they are, having no expense for fertilizer, and just get the free tax for a couple of months...

In a way it's good for land areas to be free for periods. Miners like it tax-free, and lesser equipped hunters have an easier chance to kill low maturities with a lesser risk of getting swarmed.

To have a break in the boredom, an idea is that if it takes an unreasonable time for next landgrab that MA just sets up a LG the easiest way possible, for instance releasing all land areas same time (during a weekend so everyone has a chance), have a more or less chaotic battle and then have a limited time, for instance 2-3 months. Because of the limited time, MA could help the land owners by allowing to change sliders for free using a support case (but charging for cost for locking period), and then after the 2-3 months are over the land area immediately goes back to lowest settings.

The shorter period should then compensate for problems with this method, that is it's no big deal if the entire thing breaks since it's just a short period, and then MA can think of a better way to to it "for real" next time.

Last edited:
Selling
- Infil parts :laugh:
- Eon parts :laugh:
- Hermes parts :laugh:
- Rocket launcers (viper) :laugh:
- Rocket launcers (pulverizer) :laugh:
- LR66 pimped up for max fun :laugh:
- Tons of explosives :laugh:
- continue the list .....

I don't look at it as anyone being punished. But consider that MA|FPC certainly has the right to find a new way to handle the Alliance ;) And to be honest, we don't even know for certain that is the reason for the delay.

Here is my take on it, not directed at Photon... just a general observation.

From the perspective of the community as a whole the LG is something cool to look forward to. It is (was) the closest thing to organized light infantry combat we can experience. After last year there was a great amount of disappointment regarding how it turned out. There were alliance members that bragged about getting LAs without firing a shot. There were excluded members complaining about being unable to counter the alliance. And yes, there were spectators that were disappointed as well. It is all posted here in the old LG threads. I am sure someone will say "Who cares about the spectators?" We should... since the spectators of today are the established players of tomorrow.

If anyone thought MA|FPC was not going to read those comments and take notes... well that is just foolish. Especially considering that a lot of comments were written in the tone of: "HAHAHA we sure showed MA|FPC who is boss! Enjoy the 0 decay!!" Again, not the exact words... but the meaning was clear enough.

So many people say that MA|FPC never listen to our concerns... well this is certainly an example of them listening and making changes. And yet some of the same people are upset about this new development. You can't have it both ways.

I don't look at it as anyone being punished. But consider that MA|FPC certainly has the right to find a new way to handle the Alliance ;) And to be honest, we don't even know for certain that is the reason for the delay.

Here is my take on it, not directed at Photon... just a general observation.

From the perspective of the community as a whole the LG is something cool to look forward to. It is (was) the closest thing to organized light infantry combat we can experience. After last year there was a great amount of disappointment regarding how it turned out. There were alliance members that bragged about getting LAs without firing a shot. There were excluded members complaining about being unable to counter the alliance. And yes, there were spectators that were disappointed as well. It is all posted here in the old LG threads. I am sure someone will say "Who cares about the spectators?" We should... since the spectators of today are the established players of tomorrow.

If anyone thought MA|FPC was not going to read those comments and take notes... well that is just foolish. Especially considering that a lot of comments were written in the tone of: "HAHAHA we sure showed MA|FPC who is boss! Enjoy the 0 decay!!" Again, not the exact words... but the meaning was clear enough.

So many people say that MA|FPC never listen to our concerns... well this is certainly an example of them listening and making changes. And yet some of the same people are upset about this new development. You can't have it both ways.

First, the alliance did not plan on the competition basically giving up or not showing up at all.

Most members of "the alliance" would prefer some good fighting involved.

However, MA said LG would change right after the last LG, which was 9 months ago. They've had plenty of time to change the system.

I'll investigate the possibility :)

In you investigate the possibility; you mean investigate if the current socs get the land longer? as a reward for the brave batlles they fought for it?

Or do you mean MA will fertilize the LA's themself (what many ppl have asked in the past?)

:confused:

Well, we all know by now that LGs are *always* posponed, and usually with the reason "we're developing a new way to do it".

I think it's too late by now to extend the leases because the spawn on most LAs has gone down to bottom, and I doubt the current LG LA holders will pay to move the sliders back up (where they have gone to the botton). Basically, I think most LG LA holders have counted with the lease to end by now so they haven't put in more fertilizer (since, at the end of the lease, MA usually removes the remaining fertilizer if there is any so there is no use in boosting the spawns to let it survive when the lease ends).

Last edited:
Back