PE Simulator - OPEN Beta released!

Status
Truly amazing work! I would sure love to play with it once it is finished! :thumbup: :computer: :thumbup:

are the bugs simulated too?
(forget about it, thats why you need the testers :D )
bump btw

Alice said:
are the bugs simulated too?
(forget about it, thats why you need the testers :D )
bump btw

Are you talking about kingfishers or rubberbanding? :laugh:

Thanks for the feedback everybody. I've done a ton of updates today, thanks to the beta-testers. And I've also had lots of laughs, seems like some testers had a bit to much fun. ;)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I can hardly even imagine what it would look like if that broken doll ran up to you and began hiting you for 7 points. I'm not sure if I'd even shoot it, I'd problably kill myself laughing. :laugh:

The database is currently at version 4.03. And I've updated the website which is available for the testers with all of the information. Although, I think some of them should get online on msn a bit more often, as I've just sent it over to 6 testers so far. ;)

I haven't been able to respond to all of the PMs today however, but I'll do that later.

Davi-D said:
bump.. any news? :)

What can I say, it's corrently at 4.04. :cool:

And I :laugh: at that picture Recoda.. :laugh:

Edit: Oh and by the way, there's some really cool information stored in there that you will get no place else. All I'm saying, but it's very interesting.

Last edited:
i joined just to comment this program its sum sick lookin shit

soooooo is that good or bad? :laugh:

Ive got it and im testing it atm , there is a few bugs in it mostly minor, still atlot of info missing, I need to figure out how to change existing data in it.

(its so much fun to kill atrox queens anb get nothing but globals :D:D:D:D:D)

I tried to send a PM but it would appear that you have gotten so many responses for this project that you are full :laugh: I'd like to have a go at this as well.

+rep for a lot of hard work and ingenuity in creating this

Your PM inbox is too full

I would like to participate in your beta test if you will allow me to :)

Regards NoBion

As said in the post before me! Please empty your inbox & outbox alittle :D

Id like to help you. :)

Recoda is gone for a few more days i think.

Cool

HEY i was looking at this and it looks so cool

i want to try it mate!!!!

I cant send a PM but i definatly want to be one of the testers and i will
for sure be a user latter on when you release it :)

REMBER FLY WITH THE SNIPER

SNIPER

Damned !! So recoda u weren t sleepin all that time!

big gratz for the new PE database , seems u rox once again!!

( if u ll ever think of a project recoda count me in ;) )

Very intresting!

Recoda said:
Project Entropia Database 4, inc Simulator
BETA Eddition​

Last Release,
The last edition of the Project Entropia Database was released 06/02/2005. Approximately one year ago.

Short Information,
The Project Entropia Database was made to become a complete database, and cover almost everything in Project Entropia. It contains tons of different sections and pictures, and most of the weapon stats and information is in there aswell. I also added a few extra section during the weeks I gathered information to the database. Each section is speciallized in one way or another.

The Simulator,
One major update from the previous editions is the Project Entropia Simulator.
- It has a working loot system.
- The armors will decay and loose protection.
- You may repair the broken items.
- You may choice between any weapon ingame.
- Hunt any creature you'd like and get the feeling of being uber!
- Fake economy, you'll be using (fake) money to buy weapons, etc.
- Real working reload bars, correct damages, health, and misc stats.

It's a working simulator and the feeling is really PE-like.

A couple of friends of mine have tested it and they're just amazed. However, I'm currently looking for someone else, to test it through.

Previous Editions and Comments,
On the previous editions, the threads made on Entropia Pioneers got over 9100 visitors.
Here are some comments regarding the previous versions:
The Beast, Just Fricken wow!
Kay, Only one word will give you my feeling: impressive!
Gruye, btw, freakin amazing work Recoda!
Skam, Hail mighty recoda!
Moser, Awsome work!!
Starfinder, wow.... just wow...
ZzaK, I say 2 words...HOLY SNAPPIN DUCK poo Great job recoda!!!!
FafneR, Fantastic Recoda! You should charge for this ( 20 Molisk teeth at least?)
Dinara, Recoda rocks Cool
Cryptik, Recoda the proggie F'n Rules! Good work!
Temptress, awsome recoda! you rock
Jake, OMG, that looks freaking awesome!

Damn, that brings back alot of memories. Anyhow, I'm currently looking for a couple of BETA-Testers for version 4.0. I'm going to finalize the BETA-edition in the comming days and create an installation for it. I'll then send it out to the lucky BETA-testers.

Requirements,
If you're interested in a beta spot, you need to fullfill the following requirements:
- You have to be english speaking. Hopefully you are as you're posting on this forum.
- You need to be able to use MSN frequently.
- You need to be able to comment the database itself along with the simulator.
- MSN is a requirement, as I'm going to send the application over to you on MSN. However, you may report bugs, etc here on the forum.
- Other than that? Nothing, just enjoy the simulator and feel what it's like to be uber! ;)

To the possible Beta Testers,
The BETA-spots are currently limited as this is a closed-beta.
Send me a PM if you're interested!
This sounds very intresting! I would like to try it out to for sure! Amacing work u done there Recoda! +Rep PM sent! :D

CycoKick said:
... there is a few bugs in it mostly minor, still atlot of info missing,...

which makes it a perfect PE simulator if recoda manages to make those minor bugs MAJOR :)

Sounds and looks very very nice and a lot of fun!
If i'd used msn i'd sign up for Beta testing right away :)
+rep, and looking forward to the first public version.

Regards,

Sahel

*Bug report*

*When u got to Creatures*, U are able to add items that those creatures drop but U are not able to delete items. Also when U accidently dont fill in text and U do press Add it will get a blank line as item dropped.
Another thing about the items dropped. If a creature loots more the 7 types of items u will only see the last 7 and whatever else was there U can't see , as U can not scroll down the list in any way.
Alot of items are outdated i think.

Also might want to update the available subclasses, not just drones,.But drone's 1-10. Same goes for most other bots and creatures aswell.

Info on damage and such should be updated but that will take alot of time and scanning armor decay :D, But im prety sure there is Information out there that can be used already.

As for the simulator. When u die b4 u kil the mob u still get the loot. Pretty funny to hunt atrox queens that way and just fire one shot but always get the global.

When u kill a mob in one shot the shot will keep going untill out of sight. BUT when u respawn a new mob itll come back and u cant hit that mob unless u switch weapens.

Ammount of criticals should be brought down.

Also ingame when u have 50% min dam u critical damage minimum is 150%. so if u have a 10 dam gun min crit will be 15.

I manage to make crits only 8 above the max dam of 90 at 50% min damage which isnt right :).

*Will be continued*

Simulator

Recoda,

Your inbox is full m8, but I'd enjoy testing your gadget. Please pm me in game or in EF if that's ok :) .

Hello Recoda ,

I wanna be a BETA-tester too if it's still an open beta

Send me a PM and we will further discuss there

Regards,

GUNN3R

hi

Recoda u sayd i could test the beta , than u said u have enof people to test already atm but i could test the next vace u said .. i cant send u a message becus your inbox is full , also i didnt get a message back from u so far ....
I see u already have alot people whilling to test the BETA and u are realy bussy with them so if u dont need me annymore plz say it and i will give up hope *.*

ty

>Mari<

Recoda said:
As I previously stated, the lootsystem in the simulator doesn't work like the one ingame.

You said ingame. Isnt EU a virtual universe? :laugh:

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!
I just came home from a small vacation, and I'll start working on an update right away. The progress with the database/simulator is going just great.

There's alot to be done however, but nothing that is impossible.

I've recieved a lot of PMs from possible BETA-testers, and I'm sorry that my inbox have been full the last few days. But, I just came home from a vacation so I haven't been able to empty it. Send me another PM and I'll add you to the BETA-list.

I'm happy with the current BETA-testers, but I'll pick out a few others from the BETA-list when the next phase is ready. So, be sure to be on it. ;)

The homepage that CycoKick posted is primary for the BETA-testers. It'll be updated with a bunch of tutorials and guides later on however.

CycoKick's Report >

CycoKick said:
*Bug report*

*When u got to Creatures*, U are able to add items that those creatures drop but U are not able to delete items. Also when U accidently dont fill in text and U do press Add it will get a blank line as item dropped.

Yeah, I thought that was rather anoying as well. I just created an undo/regret button, that might make it a bit easier.

CycoKick said:
Another thing about the items dropped. If a creature loots more the 7 types of items u will only see the last 7 and whatever else was there U can't see , as U can not scroll down the list in any way.
Alot of items are outdated i think.

True, it's not possible to add more than seven items at the moment. If you add an extra item when the list is full, the last item will be removed from the database. I might change this completely later on, as it wouldn't be to bad to be able to add an unlimited amount of items to the creature drop-list.

True, most of the items are outdated. This is because I just took them out of the previous database. I'm going to update the drop-lists before the final release though.

CycoKick said:
Also might want to update the available subclasses, not just drones,.But drone's 1-10. Same goes for most other bots and creatures aswell.

Info on damage and such should be updated but that will take alot of time and scanning armor decay :D, But im prety sure there is Information out there that can be used already.

Yeah, the database is missing some subclasses. This is because it's currently just in its testing phase. I removed a ton of subclasses which didn't have any information typed in before I released the beta, the reason for this was because I didn't want the beta-users to have a hard time to find a working creature in the simulator. I'm going to update the missing data/information later on though.

Also, don't forget that you can just press the "Edit" button, that'll allow you to add new creature/subclasses and/or edit the old ones. ;)

CycoKick said:
As for the simulator. When u die b4 u kil the mob u still get the loot. Pretty funny to hunt atrox queens that way and just fire one shot but always get the global.

Fixed in V 4.05. Thanks for the report.

Although, in V 4.05, you'll see the global message again if you press the "Respawn" button. You won't get another global though, you'll just see how much you got from the last creature.

I also made a small change to the lootsystem, it's no longer possible to get a no-loot message from a tough creature. ;)

CycoKick said:
When u kill a mob in one shot the shot will keep going untill out of sight. BUT when u respawn a new mob itll come back and u cant hit that mob unless u switch weapens.

Fixed in V 4.05. Thanks for the report.

CycoKick said:
Ammount of criticals should be brought down.

It's a bit harder to get a Critical Hit in V 4.05. However, I'm going to change it a bit more later on.

It's possible to make the next shoot be a Critical Hit simply by pressing "E" before the shoot in V 4.05. That'll be removed before the final release however.

CycoKick said:
Also ingame when u have 50% min dam u critical damage minimum is 150%. so if u have a 10 dam gun min crit will be 15.

I manage to make crits only 8 above the max dam of 90 at 50% min damage which isnt right :).

I thought that the Critical Hit was 2x the damage?
I'm not sure if it works that way, as I haven't really looked into it that much. But, that would mean that the minimum possible damage with a Critical Hit is the maximum damage of the weapon.

It's currently set at 2x the damage, but I could change that. Are you sure that 150% is the minimum though?

Anyway, thanks for the report! +Rep! :)

Recoda,

Indeed the Maximum u can get is 2x the full dam.

But the Minimum damage u can do with a critical is the maximum damage+

So if i have a minimum damage of 5 and a maximum of 10 on a gun.

I can do a critical thats minimum 15 and max 20 dam.

Thanks for the information. I've just updated the Critical Hit system and am going to send out a PM to each of the beta-testers with a URL to the update as soon as I can.

Here are the updates for version 4.05:

The Critical Hit system has been changed.
It's a bit harder to do a Critical Hit in V 4.05, this will be updated even more, and may reflect upon the minimum damage later on.
The minimum critical hit is now relative to the minimum damage in %. If the minimum damage is 50%, the minimum critical hit should be 150%.
If you press E, the next shoot will be a Critical Hit. This feature is a temporary one, made for testing purposes and will be removed in the final release.
If you press F, the creature will do a Critical Hit the next time it hits you. This feature is a temporary one, made for testing purposes and will be removed in the final release.
A couple of changes were made to the lootsystem, and all your losses are now added onto a special loot-pool. It's possible to get that money back incase your lucky. However, someone else might get to it before you do.
Fixed an issue where the laser-shoot would leave the screen and return to the creature without doing any damage.
An undo-button was added to the creatures drop-list. This might make it easier to undo mistakes.
It's no longer possible to loot a creature that you haven't killed yourselves.
Fixed an issue with the global system.
The simulator will now tell you how much you profited from a certain creature, if you profited.
Added a global-sound to the simulator.
Press CTRL + S to enable/disable the sound.
If you press "Respawn" when a creature is still alive, you'll recieve a message that tells you how much you recieved from the last creature you killed.
It's no longer possible to recieve a no-loot message from a tough creature.

Thanks for all the feedback and the PMs sent in. I've added all of the people who've sent me a PM asking for a beta-spot onto a special list. And I'm going to pick out a few of you for the next phase.

Status
Back