PE Simulator - OPEN Beta released!

Status
AllesAlexExodus said:
Looks really good, cant wait to try it. ^_^

Thanks. :)

Ok, I'm not sure if I'll dare post this after all the complications I've had... ah, well, let's give it a try.

My motherboard card has been acting up really strange the past weeks, a DDR-ram memory broke down a couple of days ago for no reason at all. And, yesterday, the whole motherboard broke down and I'm unable to startup the computer.

Doesn't sound to good, now does it? :p
Anyway, I decided that I might as well get an upgrade now when the motherboard failed on me, so I've ordered a brand new computer package which should be here next week or so. But I'll problably be unable to work on it untill then, as I'm currently sitting on a really slow computer which is hardly able to surf the internet...

I think I may skip to add some of the missing information and just send it out to one or two of the BETA-testers to see if it's ready for a release soon though. I guess I could just put in an update or two for the people who wants a fully functional crafting section, etc.

I did make a couple of updates before the motherboard decided to crash though, so the simulator section is all ready. And one of the extra features is that the ranged weapons now uses ammunition instead of just draining the PED-card. I've implented some fun stuff such as a fast (~90s) auction and such though, if you choice to play the game-mode and decide to buy all the weapons you use within the database/simulator. I've got to say that it's hard to predict those auction bots though. :)

Sidious said:
Is there any place too download this usually when you beta testing something you get the prog ? Do I have too ask by PM ? :( Look great on pictures. :)

I accepted some BETA-testers through PMs, and all of them have tested at least one version of the simulator. That was some time ago though, and I've made a large amount of updates to it.

I think you can expect a release really soon though, I've just got to fix a new computer and some stuff like that. But I'd really like to release it soon, so I hope I'll recieve the computer as fast as possible. :)

Once again, I failed to see an important thread. Damn, I wish I was one of those beta testers, i certainly would love to feel ubber just for once, lol.

Naifas

what is the point of the simulator?

Zib Black Onyx said:
what is the point of the simulator?

It was created to try out different weapon combinations and see how well they would work against certain mobs and maturity lvls.

Ie, if you are thinking about buying a Mk. V Justifier, but you aren't sure if it's worth it, it may be nice to try it out on your favorite creature to see the difference in cost, kill time, etc.

Wouldn't this require you to know exactly how the skill system works? {Something that MA seem deadset against us finding out.}

In any case, post when you need more Beta's and i'll giva ya a pm ;)

Pheonyx said:
Wouldn't this require you to know exactly how the skill system works? {Something that MA seem deadset against us finding out.}

In any case, post when you need more Beta's and i'll giva ya a pm ;)

How the skillsystem doesn't matter. As you enter your percentual minimum damage, hit ability, etc. The weapons feels a lot like ingame actually. :)

The motherboard on my other computer broke down last week, so I can't work on it untill it arrives next week. But I'm hoping I'll be able to finish it quickly after it has arrived. :)

Recoda said:
How the skillsystem doesn't matter. As you enter your percentual minimum damage, hit ability, etc. The weapons feels a lot like ingame actually. :)

The motherboard on my other computer broke down last week, so I can't work on it untill it arrives next week. But I'm hoping I'll be able to finish it quickly after it has arrived. :)

:D

And that's why you could never work for MA! ;)

Last edited:
Pheonyx said:
:D

And that's why you could never work for MA! ;)

Haha, I was a bit confused over what you ment untill after you had edited the post. :p

Well, I could actually just let the user type in their skills and allow the database to calculate their HA, Minimum damage, etc. It wouldn't be that hard, but the current system works just fine. ;)

The formula is well known these days, or at least parts of it. :)

Recoda said:

:laugh: aaaaaaaw :girl: You sure have to work hard for something like that to happen!

or just... leave the computer on with a malfunctioning fan, which wouldn't be work but rather lazyness. Ah heck you understand

Very nice database. + Rep
Is it released to the crowd? And not for beta anymore?

Last edited:
And now amp changes to add :(

Im really looking forward to this one Recoda, hope theres a release soonish!

GL and if you need another to test it let me know :)

Sonya Heart said:
And now amp changes to add :(

Im really looking forward to this one Recoda, hope theres a release soonish!

GL and if you need another to test it let me know :)

Yeah, I've got to make some modifications now I guess. :)
I have yet to recieve the new computer, so I haven't been able to even look at it. I'm hoping that it'll arrive tomorrow though. :)

this is very interesting
i +rep only for i cannot contribute in any other way :)

Alrighty, I recently recieved my computer so I've done a huge amount of work on the simulator today. One of the minor changes is the upcomming amplifier-one, but I also changed the whole layout of the simulator to make it fit the new version of EU. Here's a preview. :)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Just curious, how did u get the new version stuff added?

Thats the same screenshot from the preview (edited it seems)...which isnt released.

Looks interesting, but a whole simulator like that to me seems a little odd.

Great if you do have it working, but im cautious on the whole thing, originally wasnt too cautious but new vu added which isnt already in place? not seeing it as anything possible.

Sry if it seems im raggin on it, but with security a big concern, people should be cautious. No offence intended.

forgo said:
Just curious, how did u get the new version stuff added?

Thats the same screenshot from the preview (edited it seems)...which isnt released.

Looks interesting, but a whole simulator like that to me seems a little odd.

Great if you do have it working, but im cautious on the whole thing, originally wasnt too cautious but new vu added which isnt already in place? not seeing it as anything possible.

Sry if it seems im raggin on it, but with security a big concern, people should be cautious. No offence intended.

Hehe, the thing I did was that I changed the layout on the simulator as well as implented the upcomming amplifier change. I didn't change anything that hasn't been stated in the Preview of the VU.'

As I stated before, it's a 2d simulator. So I'm currently using the VU Preview image as a background image for the simulator. I'm not using any code or such from Entropia Universe.

Last edited:
Bump

whoops, i just BUMPED my head :hammer:

couldnt stand to let this die...

+Rep and PM sent for the next phase :)

Ok, time to get it out to a BETA-tester for some final-testing. :)

I've made a huge amount of updates to the hunting simulator since I recieved my new computer. It has a better layout, more customizable data such as the creature regain time, reload time, etc. All changable in the simulator itself, instead of a settings-page outside of it.

One of the latest improvements was the Weapon Quickbar, along with a couple of improvements to the radar, they'll help you to determine the distance to the creature for one. I've also included a small counter which calculates the creatures regeneration / sec, that'll help you to see if you can kill the creature yourself or if you need any help. I've also changed the Team-system along with a few other minor changes.

There are still some information missing in the LA-section, as well as a few others. But I think I'm going to release a public-beta or such at first, before I release another update.

Should i PM you for permission to hop aboard or is this fine ;)

Either way, sign me up cap'n!

This is great!

This seems great! :)
I am waiting for its release!

I was just playing around with the simulator a bit and realized that the Imp DOA + Dante has the same economy as the Imp Mk2 + A204 if the creature has a health level of 7000 points. And that there really isn't any reason to downgrade from the Imp Mk2 to the Mod Merc unless you're going to hunt creatures with more than 4500 in their health level.

I thought a bit about investing in a DOA Rockjacker instead of a Imp M2870 due to the immense waiting-time I've got in order to buy a Imp M2870. But the Doa Rockjacker + Dante isn't as economic as the Imp M2870 + A204 unless I hunt creatures with more than 6500 in their health level.

It isn't that clever to hunt those kinds of creatures alone though, as the regeneration rate really decreases your economy.

Anyhow... Pheonyx. That's ok, I've got a few Beta-Testers which are waiting to try out this version before it gets released to the public. Something I hope will happen really soon. :)

You and me both hehe. Glad you finally got the comp situation sorted aswell :)

I shall be waiting the release, been looking at this project for a while but it wasnt until recently that i decided i would inquire as to testing :silly2:

Take It Easy!

i think this deserves a bump :))

Anyone know if its going to be out soon?

I've just got to get hold of the Beta-tester who tested the final version so that I'll know for sure that it's ready for the public. :)

As mentioned before, some of the sections are missing information, such as the Land Area one, but I'll problably release mini-updates later on instead of delaying it even further. ;)

Recoda said:
I've just got to get hold of the Beta-tester who tested the final version so that I'll know for sure that it's ready for the public. :)

As mentioned before, some of the sections are missing information, such as the Land Area one, but I'll problably release mini-updates later on instead of delaying it even further. ;)

yeaaaaaaa!! awsome cant wait been anticipating this since thread start!

release it please :silly2:
cant wait to see your work
cheers :cool:

Can't wait to use it really, Great idea Recoda +rep

Recoda said:

Yes, your work really does look amazing Recoda, as i forgot, hes some rep :)

*pant, pant, pant* Any idea when it will be ready? I would really love to try some of the bigger guns and armour. God knows I'll never get them in game. ;)

Great work in putting this together and + Rep

Sounds amazing, will give it a blast when you release it.

Status
Back