Petition: Restore old mining loot system

Why not do for all of you "Mining Jukebox", where you coming, dropping peds, selecting resource and getting steady return in 90% TT of it?

Free music included.

:yup:

LOL

We are almost there, we still need to run now. Maybe in a near future MA can introduce it! :laugh:

by the way, you almost physically sense the effort when the avatar is running somewhere and teleporting seems like no effort, but it's all pixels after all :girl:

on the topic though. I understand that my opinion has little value since I mined a total of 3000 probes over the year, but I look at the grand picture. maybe the change was needed after all. if the more steady returns last for a while, it might make people to stick to and enjoy the activity for longer - it should make people happier in the end. the more people enjoy it the more the new members who stay. there will be more big hofs again after bigger masses start mining, jackpots just take longer to accumulate.

J.

If everyone will be like me im sure they will change for old loot.
I drooped more then 30 level 5 weekly from on old loot.
Now o withdraw all my peds and I mine 2 or 3 amps per week.
If everyone will do that im sure they will bring old loot.
I don't see many new people arriving and I see many old players selling out hope I havr time yo sell my skills.

Think from around 20+ amps a day down to 0 amps, ty MA.

Ps. ppl keep saying participants were asking for there changes, anyone got a link? Would like to know who asked for them and what backround do they have in mining.

Last edited:
on the topic though. I understand that my opinion has little value since I mined a total of 3000 probes over the year, but I look at the grand picture. maybe the change was needed after all. if the more steady returns last for a while, it might make people to stick to and enjoy the activity for longer - it should make people happier in the end. the more people enjoy it the more the new members who stay. there will be more big hofs again after bigger masses start mining, jackpots just take longer to accumulate.

Kinda agree, but there is problem as people aren't mining as much as before, because:

1. New system doesn't give old time thrills.
2. Mining with limited amps isn't profitable as the residue MU is high and mineral MU is kinda "normal". And as people don't buy amps, it simply kills the possibility in growth of mineral MU.
3. Lyst floods just kills the hope of profit.

What should Mindark do?

1. Stop the lyst waves. These are pointless. They don't work as thought. MU of various ores is simply at the same level as before these started.
2. Not as steady return.
3. Make crafting loots contain as much residue as they used. This would benefit crafters and miners, as now big crafting loots contain mostly other crap than residue.

Ps. ppl keep saying participants were asking for there changes, anyone got a link? Would like to know who asked for them and what backround do they have in mining.

:wise: Nuff said.

In the history of PE/EU; has anything ever been solved by petitions and polls?

AFAIK MA is a company; and like everything in economy it follows the principle of money.
So either way they see some benefit in this change; or it will be changed back to what it was.

No more, no less :twocents:

Think from around 20+ amps a day down to 0 amps, ty MA.

This is only part of the answer that you are looking for. I'll keep looking for the rest. ;)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?228647-Mail-from-mindark&highlight=Survey
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?228432-Calypso-survey-worked

found this comment to be particularly funny, in an ironic way! :D
that survey is just a poor excuse just to make people lose their PED again...

Highly doubt they will improve anything... hell, they might do something about the egg sooner than something about that loot

If you do some searching like (how to improve the loot) you will see a lot of people were asking for less huge hofs, and more balanced loot. Seems MA listened and now people are upset about it! ;)

good thing they did and screw the trolls *amen*

Are 12 year olds even allowed to play EU?

:yup:

by the way, you almost physically sense the effort when the avatar is running somewhere and teleporting seems like no effort, but it's all pixels after all :girl:

J.
The bolded parts are what is missing from current system. Enjoyment/happiness in mining almost exclusively comes from big hits. Unless you are a calculator.

(no offence to calculators)

I prefer the old system as well.

XZC

it's hilarious i been mining for years and years...

and this was one of the times that have been relaxing not stressing about mining or anything quite enjoyable to be honest over all..

Recently i been losing amp after amp and amp

just like any activity i do i been losing but..
guess what

i am sure i will hit something FUN but it's around that corner or over that hill

seriously what would you rather a game you get pissed at? or one you can play completely relaxed...
personally i think no one really understands how it worked to start with and people like me who play or can play hard core will end up winning

at least with this new system you can't win that way no more it's more *brains*

i thought i was achieve profit in the end.... but now everyone wants there names in the lights.....

which one is it???
Loss loss loss for lights? but then loss loss loss = STress Stress stressssssssssss

then you get back to the start of it when everyone was so annoyed ...... but now NOW they fixed it and made it EASIER TO SEE how the system works ...

like everyone here doubted it was true system etc but now

waAAAAAAAAAAABBBBUULANCE
look could you ever truly profit off L amps??? and yes I did how though what was i doing extra to make those things occur......

I AM sure you can find gamblors that will sell below 110% amps

anyways i really hope mind ark focuses on more things but i am sure they will tweak it soo chill out and relax and enjoy your time cause that's all you got is time!!!

it's hilarious i been mining for years and years...

and this was one of the times that have been relaxing not stressing about mining or anything quite enjoyable to be honest over all..

Recently i been losing amp after amp and amp

just like any activity i do i been losing but..
guess what

i am sure i will hit something FUN but it's around that corner or over that hill

seriously what would you rather a game you get pissed at? or one you can play completely relaxed...
personally i think no one really understands how it worked to start with and people like me who play or can play hard core will end up winning

at least with this new system you can't win that way no more it's more *brains*

i thought i was achieve profit in the end.... but now everyone wants there names in the lights.....

which one is it???
Loss loss loss for lights? but then loss loss loss = STress Stress stressssssssssss

then you get back to the start of it when everyone was so annoyed ...... but now NOW they fixed it and made it EASIER TO SEE how the system works ...

like everyone here doubted it was true system etc but now

waAAAAAAAAAAABBBBUULANCE
look could you ever truly profit off L amps??? and yes I did how though what was i doing extra to make those things occur......

I AM sure you can find gamblors that will sell below 110% amps

anyways i really hope mind ark focuses on more things but i am sure they will tweak it soo chill out and relax and enjoy your time cause that's all you got is time!!!

:tiphat::dj::dancing:

Kinda agree, but there is problem as people aren't mining as much as before, because:
3. Lyst floods just kills the hope of profit.

Isn't the "lyst floods" more about minerals being moved to other planets (ie "rebalancing") rather than change of loot distribution ("new" vs "old" mining system)?

(Instead of finding iron/caldorite/gazzurdite/... you now find lyst)

old system

sasha sale stormy

New System:

New system your need brain

After thousands drops with no amp and amped (D-amP)
*Planetside/Hell foma
If your use L amp your lose
If your use UL amp your win
No amp: your win

HOF/global whores? -> move yoursel to craft or hunt big creatures
Leave mining to people want profit

But still vote to "sliders" but only sliders dont move economy
I believe new finders it Special Atribs(like range i said in other post) can good solution to no destroy amp market and create new yes L Finder (crafter need mu , to buy your ore/emt)
Market can help us improve economy

Last edited:

After thousands drops unampend and amped (D-amP)
*Planetside/Hell foma
Unampend your win

I believe new finders it Special Atribs(like range i said in other post) can good solution to no destroy amp market and create new yes L Finder (crafter need mu , to buy your ore/emt)

thats sound funny

Tommy Gotta Gun - Old System

Hilarious...LOL

*Planetside/Hell foma

*Planetside/Hell foma

These days you don't have to be a miner for a mining opinion, free access for all! ;)

These days you don't have to be a miner for a mining opinion, free access for all! ;)

But he has a point there :p

Mining with amps = very few places and with correct amps it is doable

Unamped = very, very easy to profit but really dull pulling those V claims up.

Selling one dirty and really used soul for any UL mining amp

Also

Middlish system between old and new

Bergsten Berg Borgman

Hi,

the new mining system is boring as hell, i say yes on this petition, didnt played much since the change.

Greets

*Planetside/Hell foma

If you use your mouth L your win
If you use your mouth UL your lose
No mouth: we win

I vote for old mining system.

And I vote for people to stfu about us Hof-whores cuz we're the only reason this game fucking survives

If you use your mouth L your win
If you use your mouth UL your lose
No mouth: we win

I vote for old mining system.

And I vote for people to stfu about us Hof-whores cuz we're the only reason this game fucking survives

LOL, your words remind me of this slogan, "It melts in your 'mouth', not in your hand" :p

With old system, ppl kept whining, that to give out some big uber loots mindark keeps average loot down. Now with average loot up ppl whine that big uberhofs are too rare, because average loot has improved...

I think we are customers who are impossible to satisfy.

No, the real problem is that the whole system is fundamentally flawed as we're talking about an entire economy that's based on an unsustainable formula.

The mining system in particular - I don't think their motivation for the change had anything to do about people whining I think it was more motivated by the fact that the old system couldn't support further growth of the universe. I mean think about it, the more surface area that there is in the game where you can mine the further out resources need to be spaced to give a decent coverage of available claims. And I don't want to hear any of this crap about the resources not being in the ground and it all being random based on the avatar dropping the bomb because if that were true you would be able to get just as good of a return by standing in one place continually dropping bombs.

Anyways, add in the fact that they now have 2 locations that have larger claims (foma + hell) and the fact there are a wide variety of amps available to force larger claim sizes, plus the fact that unlike in the hunting system there are no "partial loots" for mining (as opposed to hunting where you can loot 0 TT items). If you hit a claim it's got full TT value with the RARE exception to finding some SOTO's and you've got a system that's dependent on the steady flow of peds into the loot pool which is primarily funded by 2 sources. 1 being NRF bomb drops the other being amp decay (I'm pretty sure MA stated officially that amp decay goes to the loot pool only and not their pocket).

They already tried to improve the flow of peds in by getting rid of blast marks a long time ago which meant more people would be mining the same area as someone else and now with this new system it's in effect reducing the advantage of using amps as the opportunity for really super huge claims is much less likely than it was before...

The main thing you have to consider is MA's motivation for everything they do which IS NOT to appease the players - their main focus is to stay profitable. And based on their current income strategy the only way they can make more money is if more people stay in game and have more decay on their stuff. Meaning, it's better for business if players are able to go out mining and have closer to a 90% - 100% return as they'll more than likely come back, repair (pay MA) then go back out to do it again over and over until all their money has gone to repair bills (MA's pocket). However there's a fine line in doing this because if the returns are never more than 90% - 100% people may just get bored and stop mining all together.

Bottom Line...

I imagine right now they're testing things to see what the user retention rate /profit is when the returns are closer to an average of 90%-100% and the dangling carrot of a potential ATH is no longer there, or at least not as prevalent.

Which scenario means more money in MA's pocket?

1. Lower average returns but a lot more huge HoF's (specifically Hof's under 4000 peds to maximize excavator decay) in the hopes that more people will keep pumping in money for mining because a huge HoF seems SO possible at any minute. Possible downside might be that new players with low bankroll might get screwed right off the bat and never play again (a huge negative especially now that MA is pumping money into advertising to get these new players in the first place).

2. More breakeven returns with large HoF's being less likely. With the assumption being that this will keep new players interested enough to keep playing until they get hooked and existing players will keep playing because they're getting more break evens even with large HoF's being less likely. SO that in the long run there will be more of a chance for MA to widdle down a players bankrole in finder + excavator decay which goes right into their pocket as profit.

Once MA has the answer the system will be adjusted accordingly. Personally I prefer the old system over their current system but I feel that neither system was flawless.

As a player that only drops a couple of hundred bombs each day without amp I love the new system. Sure it's booring but at least I break even and I'm starting to find more rare ores for some reason?

Vote yes for the new system untill I have a bankroll that allows me to use amps. Then I would change my vote to the old system.. See we're never satisfied..

For all the AMP users out there I understand your pain, can't be fun.

Back