Calypso survey worked?

Konvicted

Elite
Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι¢тed
I had a survey sent to my email adress from mindark asking several question and our feelings on certain cases, i noticed it a bit late and couldnt take part of the event, nevermind, my bad, i filled it anyway.

BUT,
I for fact said i was for the idea of having unL items more often in loot, aswell as many of you probably did, so i'm making this thread to say that i actually got a UL club, from a thorio 520ped (thorifoid battle mace, max of 42dmg) i cant care of the monetary value it has, it has a deeper value to my eyes as maybe things change in a positive way, people were asking for vote machine, survey works the same, did they already started to adjust things, based on our requirements?!

IF you note any improvement, please tell it here and share with the community, i have a deep principle which consist on saying every positive thing when you realize they are and this also works for the negative things you come across.
Everything is not necessary negative and you dont have to necesary only remember the bad things happening to you.. i had some but i think positive overall, thats my motto.

Keep an eyes on future change, i'm sure they will come!

I have had better loot (less variance, more even returns, deposits lasting much longer) lately, but I think that started before the active participant survey, so may be coincidence :)

I will be very happy when I see some powerful UL powerfists drop in loot.

I didnt get a survey to fill out .. but if I did it would have stated powerful UL powerfists and claws in loot.

I do agree with your positive outlook .. and live for the day as well.

Bones

Yes... The survey worked.

Lot's of people deposited, tried to hunt argo's, lost peds.

MA conclusion
It's ok and survey was faulty due to 18% of participants answering. We'll just let everyone else who didn't answer the survey participate in this event and win.!

Sign me up for a lvl III or IV TP Chip, please.

I have searched high and low for this survey to complete but nothing in my email.

I agree looting a decent unlimited weapon for you current skill set would have more personal value than whatever it can be sold for. You might not use it all the time, but it is something you can say you earned for years of effort put in and can keep forever.

To be honest I was hoping MA was going to do something like that for the iron missions, where you can redeem a weapon reward from a mission shop, based on the type of iron mission you completed. just looking at all the possible items you could claim from the shop would provide massive motivation.

Too late for iron or bronze I guess, but silver and gold, a damn good idea I would say, and a wasted opportunity if they don't.

I don't think I'll ever forgive MA for not dropping me a single SGA item, I forget about it for long periods, but it always seems to pop up in my head every now and then to niggle me. Even if it was a piece of crap it was something to teasure. hey-ho past is past.

The main thing is MA need to attract a ton of new players, and I think Mindark actually WANT to change now, they're listening.

None of us want to see our world decline and fall apart, and I guess cost to play was the key issue which I think they are trying to address.

It's late i'm off to bed.

Rick

Don't take the survey too serious because it's just a copy from 2009. They even invite to check their "new" site in it, which they updated right then :)

Well, yeah. It's pretty obvious that it was just a reaction to everyone's whining because they had an event for people who had stopped playing. But you have to think that if everyone tells them over and over that the cost to play the game is just plain stupid, they may eventually figure it out. Of course, it might be after everyone has left, but eventually.

Well, yeah. It's pretty obvious that it was just a reaction to everyone's whining because they had an event for people who had stopped playing.

What, sending out the survey and having an event for active people? No, I really do not think it was.

(Also, the whining about that was generally stupid, but that is another story and should not be discussed in this thread)

What, sending out the survey and having an event for active people? No, I really do not think it was.

(Also, the whining about that was generally stupid, but that is another story and should not be discussed in this thread)

I agree with you about the whining, but everything about that survey sure looked like a rush job to get it out the door. Maybe you're right and it is just MA being MA, but it all seems very coincidental and a little suspicious. But it has very little bearing on anything. All that really matters is whether anything ever comes of it.

What a pile of crap. The active player event was PRECISELY a follow up of that historic thread, when one of the moderators was banned, and the only official input to it was "we will organize an active player event, too", along expressing their dissapointment on some player reactions.

I do understand your motivation of 100% favorable opinions, all the time, but please don't do this, it's too transparent.

BTW, the active player event was a good move from MA, and I saw many people rushing to do it. Don't know the outcome though (how happy they were at the end).

What a pile of crap. The active player event was PRECISELY a follow up of that historic thread, when one of the moderators was banned, and the only official input to it was "we will organize an active player event, too", along expressing their dissapointment on some player reactions.

Actually, this is not true. Charlie mentioned the active players version ingame before the thread had gone on for that long. That, along with a couple of other things, shows that the active player event was planned even before the thread went to hell.

I do understand your motivation of 100% favorable opinions, all the time, but please don't do this, it's too transparent.

This is a filthy lie and only shows that you have not actually read many of my posts. Stop posting crap like that.

Yes... The survey worked.

Lot's of people deposited, tried to hunt argo's, lost peds.

MA conclusion
It's ok and survey was faulty due to 18% of participants answering. We'll just let everyone else who didn't answer the survey participate in this event and win.!

Hmmm.......no.
I took part in the survey, took part in the argo hunt, did NOT deposit and started with 855 ped and ended with 800 ped. Not bad IMHO. No I did not loot anything awesome but my loses were quite a bit less than normal.

Nice thread +rep Akon

I think it kinda worked, at least for those who were on Caly.

I logged in, saw two 3k+ HOFs in the list, got discouraged and logged out.
In about 5 minutes I logged back in and decided to travel back to Calypso from Cyrene and still try my luck.

So, I enter space and set my spaceship to autopilot my ass to the destination, and, obviously, get distracted by other things.

One hour has passed. I switched back to game mode and see that the countdown has expired while I was trying to penetrate Calypso's thick atmosphere without paying re-entry Duty Tax. Log out.

I restart the game and end up floating in space. In fact, I notice that I'm also able to walk in space, for about a minute, after which I get killed by the vacuum, and end up at the Cyrene Space station.

Oh well, I think to myself. This was my fault. I should've totally been sitting there and watching my spaceship do nothing for 30 minutes. So, I pull my quad out of my inventory and try placing it inside the Space Station: "You are not allowed to place your vehicle here." "You are not allowed to place your vehicle here." "You are not allowed to place your vehicle here." "You are not allowed to place your vehicle here." "You are not allowed to place your vehicle here." "You are not allowed to place your vehicle here."

So, I TP'ed back to Cyrene for 7ped, placed my vehicle on the ground, after spending some more time trying to find a more or less flat spot, rise up in the air and re-enter space, again.
Aim at the destination, set my autopilot, sit and watch, bump into the Calypso's atmosphere, pay my dues, land in Port Atlantis and loose interest.

fun times :)

This is all crap, I never got any email and I am one of the most active players, anyway top 100 I guess

Bullshit, from what I see these active players are the ones that stopped depo or something and MA was trying to make them depo again

I and others who really play this game like is no tommorrow never got that e-mail

Anyway, in the end I am glad I haven;t received it, after seeing the losses that event produced for many

Geez, not even I with let say X1+Beast am not able to loose 1500 peds in 2 days and don't get a global

I had a friend who was using hl6 for the event and lost 1500 peds with just 1 crappy global

The pooint is that the trully active players never received that e-mail

Filed the survey but hardly ever logged in since, find something more fun to play:).

Anyway there were some good questions in that survey, they obviously know what is wrong with the game, let's see if they take some kind of actions, don't hope for to much still.

I would consider myself quite active (probably ingame at least 4-5 hours per day on average if not more) and I did get the mail, although I was unable to participate in the event since I was away from my computer that weekend.

What you said about people who started depositing less getting the survey may be true, since my deposit rate has gone down quite a bit the last couple of months (due to better returns)...

Guess it would be redundant to ask if you checked your spamfolder and made sure the email adress you have registered at MA is correct and the "recieve news via email" box is ticked?

This is all crap, I never got any email and I am one of the most active players, anyway top 100 I guess

Bullshit, from what I see these active players are the ones that stopped depo or something and MA was trying to make them depo again

I and others who really play this game like is no tommorrow never got that e-mail

Anyway, in the end I am glad I haven;t received it, after seeing the losses that event produced for many

Geez, not even I with let say X1+Beast am not able to loose 1500 peds in 2 days and don't get a global

I had a friend who was using hl6 for the event and lost 1500 peds with just 1 crappy global

Well why continue to hunt the same mob when u guys loose so much ped? Do u think MA will feel sorry for u guys and give u a HOF? Every choice u make in this game will affect your ped card. So next time u have bad returns stop and try something else. Its you that should change behavior instead of counting on MA to send u a big ass HOF :)

my point here isnt to get to see who actually got an email or not, complete the survey or left it blank but to show that some people were actually being asked what they would like to see as improvement and how they felt about some situations ingame.
Thing is, there was a question about ul items in loot, i and i suppose like most answered we would like to see it drop more often, i looted an UL item, its not a mod fap or a supremacy part OR whatever you call uber these days but it dropped me a decent UL items which lead me to think they are actually listening to us and working on improving thing, dont be so negative, remember everyone cant win, but anyone can try.

PS:I wont talk about how much i spent during the robot event, nor will talk about how i over dmg your x1 and how active i am, keep it positive, try ur "luck" if it doesnt work, stop.. think.. and you will find what you can, good day sir!

I filled the survey out as well even tho I knew I wouldnt go to Caly and that I am more of a miner then a hunter. I know how MA does things and only filled it out in hopes that maybe more numbers of people telling them the same thing in their official survey may wake them up to the state of the game.

I seriously doubt it will. I did however expect to see one or two "gestures" to the players to support the impression that they listened. My last thought on this whole thing is although its nice you got a new toy the real thing I want to see is how often and for how long they will reasobaly add UL stuff and make some changes suporting that survey for.

I'm not sure the survey "worked" yet. I think it will take a little more time for MA to analyze results and make adjustments to the system. What I didn't like was the "reward" you would get for filling out the survey. Every other company would give some kind of reward to people who would fill out their surveys. In this case almost everybody, except a very few lucky ones, lost. I've seen people kill 10k argos without a global. I myself "only" killed 4k argos without a global. So in this case, MA actually made almost everybody pay to fill out their survey....... I know I will never answer another survey made by MA.

I know I will never answer another survey made by MA.

Why not.. you lost maybe up to 5min filling it, you havent see changement within a week ok but it doesnt mean change didnt occur, worth giving a input, stay positive you can still help some people within the community..

I know I will never answer another survey made by MA.

You could fill out the survey without participating in the event tied to it :) assuming surveys seem to help, ofc

I don't mind the survey. I filled it and sent to MA. I just don't like beeing tricked into an event with no loot disguised as a "reward" for filling out the survey. Surveys are good for improving. Loosing peds is not a good carrot for filling out surveys. Fill out the survey and hunt for a day without the yellow text "didn't carry any loot"... now that would be more of an incentive.

Agree with the Loot Comment

I have to agree with the Loot comment. I started the 10K Iron at 0, killed 10K, with 4 or 5 small globals, not one bigger than 90 something ped. I then went on to Bronze, and got half done before the event finished with none that I can recall.

It was clear the Argo Scout loot was extremely limited, and based on the new loot pool theories with so many people hunting them, how is it that 42k drops from Levis, and the argos, with heaps of activity managed to yield just about nothing.

I know all of the arguments and facts that will be thrown at me. This is just my observation. If it wasn't for the fact that I completed the missions, I would have stopped in the first 2K mobs.

Yet another event, that goes on my EPIC FAIL list.

I have been told, it's all about grinding out as many as you can to get a good loot. 20K? Must not be enough for anything. I don't get it.

Love the game, hate certain aspects of it.

I dont know if its a result of the survey but I have noticed over the last cpl weeks that soc members have been looting a few unL armors etc from mobs again, wich brings back in the target hunting for armors for low end soc members:yay:

I have to agree with the Loot comment. I started the 10K Iron at 0, killed 10K, with 4 or 5 small globals, not one bigger than 90 something ped. I then went on to Bronze, and got half done before the event finished with none that I can recall.

It was clear the Argo Scout loot was extremely limited, and based on the new loot pool theories with so many people hunting them, how is it that 42k drops from Levis, and the argos, with heaps of activity managed to yield just about nothing.

I know all of the arguments and facts that will be thrown at me. This is just my observation. If it wasn't for the fact that I completed the missions, I would have stopped in the first 2K mobs.

Yet another event, that goes on my EPIC FAIL list.

I have been told, it's all about grinding out as many as you can to get a good loot. 20K? Must not be enough for anything. I don't get it.

Love the game, hate certain aspects of it.

I would agree that loot was quite poor. I started with about 800 ped, my Uncle started with 500 ped and my daughter did an 80 USD deposit. All three of us did quite poorly. We even tried going to different spawns of the scouts. I hunted solid all three days, sleeping only 4 hours a day (we could have really used the alienware). The second computer was shared by my uncle and daughter and they kept it running about as much as I hunted. All three of us ended the event with about 100 ped left. Between the three of us we got 4 globals. Three were 50something ped and one 73 ped. We were quite surprised that the largest hof was 3K considering my daughter has hofed on an argo young and got 4K.

With all that said about the worse than poor returns. I would also have to add that we had a lot of fun doing it, except for the trains some people thought were ok to make and then use against the participants. I wouldn't trade ped return for fun on an every day basis though.

Hugs,
Aliana

We were quite surprised that the largest hof was 3K considering my daughter has hofed on an argo young and got 4K.

Argo Scout has less hp than the Argo Young and so big HOF's tend to be smaller. :)

I don't think the OP looting a nice UL item PROVES that the survey worked... but I'm sure the vast majority chose answers that pointed towards the same direction and like Akon.... I believe we WILL see changes because of this survey.

That being said.... there is another thread currently running where high level players are bitching about high level items (or at least items with similar high level ECO) dropping.....

The game is evolving... it HAS TO in order to survive. I'm ready for it.... are YOU?

Menace

Its a good thing they at least didi a survey :) I think it was a bit funny with argo event. Everybody have been complaining as hell that they dont drop (much) iron anymore, then MA makes a event for argo and everybody runs to kill them haha....epic :D

Back