Planet Calypso Content Release 2013.2

So MA decided to tempt people to get rid of some of their UL items that don't drop anymore? :laugh:
I don't like it when they do this. They did it back when tiering was new and required two of the same item an you risked losing one of them.

Hopefully, you just deconstruct your A101, then add some "sweat+rare items" and refine it to an Improved A101 and repeat to get an Adj A101, and one more time for a Mod A101 --- different than the Armor Plate upgrade path which requires two of the same items.

I wonder what the resulting item actually is? The next step up Amp? Or Adj Imp Mod?

I don't like it when they do this. They did it back when tiering was new and required two of the same item an you risked losing one of them.

Hopefully, you just deconstruct your A101, then add some "sweat+rare items" and refine it to an Improved A101 and repeat to get an Adj A101, and one more time for a Mod A101 --- different than the Armor Plate upgrade path which requires two of the same items.

I wonder what the resulting item actually is? The next step up Amp? Or Adj Imp Mod?

okay i'm a lot calmer now after being able to log in and not being able to refine any of my amps that are unlimited :)

~Danimal

My guess would be if it's successful then it will be rolled out across all UL items but I'd also hazard a guess to say whatever they become it will be L.

I'll let someone else find out rather than risking any of my collection of A10x amps.

okay i'm a lot calmer now after being able to log in and not being able to refine any of my amps that are unlimited :)

~Danimal

WooHoo! That makes me feel way better too. I won't be able to log in until after work and I have a few more hours to go. Thank you for the update!

~Danimal

Time for some more relaxation pills, did you fully repair the amp first? :)

i can put fully repiared amps in refiner..

103 amp give 30 100parts and 104 ampo gives 40 parts and 106 amp gives 60 parts

some1 cleaned auction of the 103 amps and it wasnt me,i was to late :p
this looks bad for 105/106/204 owners

Last edited:
Time for some more relaxation pills, did you fully repair the amp first? :)

Shoot.. forgot to repair

yea..^^ screwed..

~Danimal

Yup. The refiner complains in red (very hard to read on that background) text that it must be fully repaired.

Still, I won't click until MindArk (or some poor soul losing an amp) specifies what happens. IMO this is low, even by MA's standards.

EDIT: fluske updated:
OK, so... what are those "parts" for? Can you combine them with another amp (whether in the refiner or otherwise)? Do they have a tt value?

nice, but where Turps?

Sorry I'm a little slow, why is this bad for 105/106/204 owners?

Yup. The refiner complains in red (very hard to read on that background) text that it must be fully repaired.

Still, I won't click until MindArk (or some poor soul losing an amp) specifies what happens. IMO this is low, even by MA's standards.

EDIT: fluske updated:
OK, so... what are those "parts" for? Can you combine them with another amp (whether in the refiner or otherwise)? Do they have a tt value?

i think there will be lootable parts required + thse ampparts to upgrade amps
the lootable parts probably will drop in the new instance

a bit the same as the aurlibones + plates uograding

Good-bye to all the A101 to 103 amps. Yikes! I hope they turn into something better.

not sure yet if 204 is refinable
but an 103 amp selles(well..it sold) for +30 and an 106 amp for + 2k orso ?
so if 2 103 amps give the same number of parts as 1 106 amp..then id dsay the 106 ampowner is screwed

Holy sheet, from 2 pages to a few left, all of the cheap amps sold out in minutes.

Why oh why... :(

I suspect it was under the assumption these "parts" will be worth something.
Fully repaired, including MU:
10 parts = A101 ~120 PED = 12 PED/part
20 parts = A102 100 PED (?) = 5 PED/part
50 parts = A105 ~750 PED = 15 PED/part
60 parts = A106 ~2500 PED = ~41 PED/part

Clearly, for the sane folks, this shouldn't be done with anything but 102, 103 (and maybe 104) - if at all.

Dummies... -_- there are so "few" of them in game.. and they are not replaceable .. ever.. afaik they no longer are available to be looted or crafted from old time.

~Danimal

I'm just speculating here, and not that I ever put any credence to anything Marco ever said, but at one time he did say everything has a chance of dropping. So, who knows, maybe with these changes they will turn the drop back on :dunno:

I'm just speculating here, and not that I ever put any credence to anything Marco ever said, but at one time he did say everything has a chance of dropping.
What Marco said once upon a time is clearly not true today (and hasn't been for years).

Just think of it for a second; iff that statement would still be true, it means someone would today have the chance of looting a modfap SGA. Unless MA puts one into the looting system just to fuck with me due to this post, that chance is zero. Nil. Zilch. Zip.

It may have been true at one time (maybe even at the time he wrote that), but it with 100% certainty is not true anymore - and again, hasn't been for years.

East Scylla outpost has apparently lost its walls in this VU.

1. Fort Troy
  2. Jones: 76864, 70962
  3. Pillars are inside the crater.
  4. First Site: 78045, 72034
  5. Hands that Open: 76800, 68050
  6. Old Ruins: 74419, 69043
  7. Boreas: 74362, 67348 -> Fishy Frankie 74361, 67305
  8. Shipwreck: 76033, 65749
  9. Camp Carter: 77149, 68735

I'll keep updating this post.

Last edited:
East Scylla outpost has apparently lost its walls in this VU.
All of those "new" (looking old, looking like designed for Quake 1) outposts are broken. MindArk decided it was better to release this VU with them documented as broken instead of not breaking them.

As a multiple A106 owner, I hope by "upgrade" they mean more damage but less dmg/pec :p. At least save me the MU by making the old A series the "eco choice".

Mission for my favorite Caly mob:yay::yay::yay:

A100 Series Parts TT

Verified by auction now that parts are 1 PED each tt.

As you can only put fully repaired amps into the refiner to get parts, if you do this with an A101 you get 10 PED "Parts" for something the TT itself would give you 18 for. You lose over 44% TT alone.

Currently on auction is a 30 parts batch for 300 PED (1k%) both SB and BO.

If you did this with A101, you would have paid well over 350 PED (possibly over 400) for the amps.

Keep you amps!

As you can only put fully repaired amps into the refiner to get parts, if you do this with an A101 you get 10 PED "Parts" for something the TT itself would give you 18 for. You lose over 44% TT alone.

Odd, are you sure about this? a103 gives 30 for 30.

MA way to consume UL amps and allow more of them to drop in loot.

I can put in refiner only full repaired a10x series, not A203, nor A204.
(neither sights or scope :laugh:)

Back