Planet Calypso Content Release 2013.2

i can put fully repiared amps in refiner..

103 amp give 30 100parts and 104 ampo gives 40 parts and 106 amp gives 60 parts

some1 cleaned auction of the 103 amps and it wasnt me,i was to late :p
this looks bad for 105/106/204 owners

Only A10x though, AFAICT. Not E-Amps for example. And not limited amps.

I like that only the A10x series can be refined (not the "Old-Time" amps). I hope more are allowed to drop once they are consumed. I am really interested to know what they turn into.

What Marco said once upon a time is clearly not true today (and hasn't been for years).

Just think of it for a second; iff that statement would still be true, it means someone would today have the chance of looting a modfap SGA. Unless MA puts one into the looting system just to fuck with me due to this post, that chance is zero. Nil. Zilch. Zip.

It may have been true at one time (maybe even at the time he wrote that), but it with 100% certainty is not true anymore - and again, hasn't been for years.

Of course the mod fap sga can't drop, it was a celebration item/event drop

Regular items I believe can still drop... Mod fap that is, but not mod fap sga.

Otherwise, would you believe a ancient imkii would be possible to drop?
No, but perhaps a IMKII.... and not a imkii sga ofc...

Same with TEN, TEN will only drop as long as TEN event is running :)

Other than that I do believe that all items can still drop.. I really do believe that, perhaps the item has some sort of "limit" on how many can circulate the planet at once, probably all depending on how many avatars there is active...

Maybe if our playerbase doubled or trippled this year, perhaps we would suddenly see some rare drops that we have not seen for ages.. Especially now with the "rare" loot section I do have some hope about it.. :)

just making theories! =)

I'll be sad for those who've refined their amps but I'll still lmao if the parts can only be used to craft L stuff, I can't imagine for one second that MA would allow this if the parts aren't to be used in crafting.

Do we actually know what the parts will be used for yet? Or are people just doing it to for the hell of it?

If they do start dropping more A10x amps then their markup will fall resulting in any markup on the currently refined parts people created falling as well.

Everytime i enter Instance Game CTDs:lolup:

Subscribing.. :computer:

All these nubs are buying up the A10X amps now.

I can't wait till they epically fail so I can LOL in there face....

Bit annoying when I turn to hunting and then all Amps are gone......

where is First site in Vault Hunter quest?

where is First site in Vault Hunter quest?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?244608-New-missions-mini-guide

- on topic

I think MA has finally fixed the "L or not L" question, when some items being (L) didn't have the "(L)" in their names, and vice versa. It seems now being L or UL is not part of the name but a separate thing and it's working properly.

That could be the reason why some items now display the (L) twice, once for the atribute of being limited and another because they fixed the already corrected bug in a cheap way (by adding it to the name of the item).

Example: Grunt Harness(M) (M)
All of the jarhead armor parts both limited and unlimited are also displaying it twice.

Any thoughts on this? any other idea maybe?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?244608-New-missions-mini-guide

- on topic

I think MA has finally fixed the "L or not L" question, when some items being (L) didn't have the "(L)" in their names, and vice versa. It seems now being L or UL is not part of the name but a separate thing and it's working properly.

That could be the reason why some items now display the (L) twice, once for the atribute of being limited and another because they fixed the already corrected bug in a cheap way (by adding it to the name of the item).

Example: Grunt Harness(M) (M)
All of the jarhead armor parts both limited and unlimited are also displaying it twice.

Any thoughts on this? any other idea maybe?

Yup, thats correct.

Well... which is the "upgrade path" for weapons amplifier.

In the meantime, I present you "Charlie the Unitrout" - is not talking much, and it made PA stink so bad....

BTW No indications what was changed to alleviate the PA server congestion... has anyone observed any changes?

BTW there's also a new mission "I've got a bone to pick".

Description reads:
Help Sarchi Collect 10,000 Calypso Bone Samples from the smaller creatures inhabiting Planet Calypso

The reward is 100 Agi tokens iirc. There's no counter, so it's possible these can be purchased and turned in. That would give puny grinders another source for MU in their loot, which is definitely won't help the PA server situation. :eyecrazy:

Can anyone confirm this is possible?

ETA: If so, this could be the beginning of a trend to monetize the attribute tokens. Not a good thing IMO.

Last edited:
BTW there's also a new mission "I've got a bone to pick".

Description reads:
Help Sarchi Collect 10,000 Calypso Bone Samples from the smaller creatures inhabiting Planet Calypso

The reward is 100 Agi tokens iirc. There's no counter, so it's possible these can be purchased and turned in. That would give puny grinders another source for MU in their loot, which is definitely won't help the PA server situation. :eyecrazy:

Can anyone confirm this is possible?

ETA: If so, this could be the beginning of a trend to monetize the attribute tokens. Not a good thing IMO.

Last night doing my PA outposts tour in search for new missions, and finding several inactive NPC (at Orthos and PA, so I have to search for more for the triggers) I also looted a Calypso Bone Sample. Cannot be put in auction, has 0 TT value. My guess is cannot be traded either, even if mission description left me with other impression (but I might be wrong). I'm at 2k/10k puny... I hope the bones will stack in more than 20, 500 stacks would be too much. It was nice for the reward to be 1 stamina, to break apart of the 2 point platoon.

I do not know how often they will loot, but it will be a looooong endeavor at puny to get 10k of them, and loot is not stellar either

Known Issues

• Doors sometimes open and close even when they are locked.
  • Issue with the lodge outposts that causes the interior walls to become invisible.
  • Avatars sometimes spawn underground when exiting the Aurli cave on Crystal Palace.
  • Avatars can become stuck when walking into the walls of the domes on Crystal Palace.
  • Avatars can become stuck in the door to the Cyclops Depths when re-logging inside the instance
  • New arrivals may be placed underneath the teleporter in Port Atlantis when skipping the tutorial in Thule.

I thought there are more bugs known... =)

J.

Well... which is the "upgrade path" for weapons amplifier.

In the meantime, I present you "Charlie the Unitrout" - is not talking much, and it made PA stink so bad....

Someone definitely had inside information about the patch. The supply of dante amps on auc lately has been quite ''weird''.

Someone definitely had inside information about the patch. The supply of dante amps on auc lately has been quite ''weird''.

So far only the old A1xx series are upgradeble, Dante amps are not affected by this change.

So far only the old A1xx series are upgradeble, Dante amps are not affected by this change.

This, + I don't think that craftable amps will be ever affected. You know, those ul bp holders could make tons of those daily (which they don't currently do only to control the MU) and then disassemble and construct uber amps from parts.

Yes, they can be traded. Just tried it.

A single instance is hardly a trend, or even the beginning of one...

I hope the bones will stack in more than 20

I have a stack of 27 so the limit is def. higher than 20.

it will be a looooong endeavor at puny to get 10k of them

It seems ~10% of the Puny drops one, meaning you'd need to kill 100k Puny to do the mission yourself.

The point is obviously that older players will want +1 agility, but won't want to kill 100k Puny to do it, so they'll buy the Bone Samples from newbies. Because of this, newbies will have an easier time getting into the game, as hunting or swunting Puny will be a more viable option.

The reason they are not auctionable are probably partially to force newbies to actually speak to other players to sell it (which is the reason given for sweat not being auctionable) and partially to make it more difficult for resellers.

Yes, they can be traded. Just tried it.

Yeah a helpful noob tested this with me yesterday after i discovered there was no mission counter that updates when you loot them. I was mainly asking about whether they could be turned in if you didn't loot them but i guess it's obvious they can be.

A single instance is hardly a trend, or even the beginning of one...

It can be the beginning of a trend. I am just hoping it's not, but the temptation to use something as coveted by high-level players as attributes as a source of MU in loot is going to be hard for PP to resist once introduced, so it's up to MA to strictly limit this. IMO this is the camel's nose in the tent of the one thing in game that still can't be traded or bought... And it alarms me.

It seems ~10% of the Puny drops one, meaning you'd need to kill 100k Puny to do the mission yourself.

Yeah, that seems about right. Also, tt is << 1 pec, probably 0.001 like sweat/dung/fragments. So 10k is 10 PEDs tt, which sets a minimum cost for the mission of 10 PEDs/ point agility and makes these probably about 300-1000% sale long term, higher for now. Obviously it can currently only be done once per player otherwise the MU would be much higher. (Who knows though, could be there's a follow-up mission...)

The point is obviously that older players will want +1 agility, but won't want to kill 100k Puny to do it, so they'll buy the Bone Samples from newbies. Because of this, newbies will have an easier time getting into the game, as hunting or swunting Puny will be a more viable option.

Exactly. As above... this is a lazy way to provide MU for newbies at the cost of being the first step to making attributes just one more thing that can be bought and sold. I sincerely hope it's the only step but the temptation is going to be high to do this again.

Last edited:
So 10k is 10 PEDs tt, which sets a minimum cost for the mission of 10 PEDs/ point agility and makes these probably about 300-1000% sale long term, higher for now.

30-100 ped for +1 agility, where do I sign ?

I think markup will be a LOT higher than 1000%.

Another thing : I know it was stated in the vu notes that those bones would drop from small mobs (can't remember exact wording), but does that mean only punies or also mobs like young shinkibas ? Has anyone looted a bone yet from a non-puny mob ?

30-100 ped for +1 agility, where do I sign ?

I said "long term". You underestimate the ratio of newbies camping punies in Camp Icarus to players with > 50 agility that would pay for a point of it. I think a lot of players do. It's worth paying the place a visit (in a couple days, when they finish exploring after the VU and come back) for an eye-opening experience.

Another thing : I know it was stated in the vu notes that those bones would drop from small mobs (can't remember exact wording), but does that mean only punies or also mobs like young shinkibas ? Has anyone looted a bone yet from a non-puny mob ?

Yeah i meant to comment on that. The wording from the broker is in my earlier post... "smaller creatures" suggests it's not just punies, but it would be good to get confirmation. I killed a few small daikibas and didn't see a bone in loot.

Exactly. As above... this is a lazy way to provide MU for newbies at the cost of being the first step to making attributes just one more thing that can be bought and sold. I sincerely hope it's the only step but the temptation is going to be high to do this again.

I think it is great, it's not like it is possible anymore to get over 100 points in agility by just playing anymore. It gives the players that started after 2005 a chance to catch up with the ubers.

In the beginning, maybe. But it's a one-time mission and there is only so much people who could do it AND have and want to spend hundreds or even dozens of peds for it, but the flow of newbies is endless and so will be the bones supply. In the long term they'll be 101% at best :)

I think it is great, it's not like it is possible anymore to get over 100 points in agility by just playing anymore. It gives the players that started after 2005 a chance to catch up with the ubers.

Hmm... explain to me how you "catch up" to someone when you both gain 1 point? Maybe proportionally you get closer, but not absolutely. Almost anything that benefits normal players can be made to benefit at least as much any hardcore players.

In the beginning, maybe. But it's a one-time mission and there is only so much people who could do it AND have and want to spend hundreds or even dozens of peds for it, but the flow of newbies is endless and so will be the bones supply. In the long term they'll be 101% at best :)

Some of those newbies will become buyers in the long term as well, though... and seriously, it'll never go as low as 101%.

Hmm... explain to me how you "catch up" to someone when you both gain 1 point? Maybe proportionally you get closer, but not absolutely.

You actually get further behind, so absolutely you stay at same distance but proportionally the uber will get further ahead. E.g. The difference between 60 and 100 is smaller than the distance between 61 and 101, measured in time (peds turned over actually) to skill it naturally.

I'm pretty sure the first message I'll see when landing on Icarus this evening would be from a reseller hoarding bones...helping new players, for a whooping 100.5%. Also few mid-level players blasting their smaller support guns on hordes of aggro punies.

Yesterday also I saw some in Icarus complaining they cannot sell Valkyries anymore. The hamsters powering the avatar cloning room will be happy.

Back