poor taste anyone?

When I saw the video with the big-falling-out-boobies-Vixen I must admit I was a lot like wtf? And I thought it was all lame and SO different from the game I use to like to play. I also had the "I do not need this, otherwise I would have chosen Second Life"-feeling and didn't even want to go up there in the first place.

But I DID go up there to give the planet a second chance and to see the place before being so judging (the result is in the article in my banner) - and I must eat my own words again because the whole theme up there and the heavy metal/Hard rock genre fits very well with leather-wearing big boobie sluts, blood splashed all over, bones and skulls - and to me anything else would seem weird and misplaced somehow ...

And now you tell me there's an axe called something orgasms kind of thing? Well, that doesn't really bother me when I know the story behind it.

But I know some might be offended and I do respect that, but this game is for adults and the creators are from Sweden and I know we are more broad-minded in this part of Europe than a lot of other places (and I would believe it fits well into the plan NEVERDIE has for his planet).

I can only laugh at the names - the planet is a boy-toy and it's actually quite entertaining somehow :) (and I'm even a Nun :lolup: ) - but then again, I've only been around Lemmy's Castle/Bridge so far ... lot's can still happen!

Reactions: sob

Orgasmatron is simply a reference to Motorhead - One of the most popular Heavy Metal bands in the world. I used to listen to that when I was a teen. I am not offensed by the word Orgasmatron.

Come to think about it... Imagine an orgasm so strong that you die from it. Now that is the concept for a great weapon!

from " Wikipedia "
Definitions of 'orgasm' vary, and there is no consensus on how to consistently classify it. There were listed at least twenty-six definitions of orgasm. There is some debate whether certain types of sexual sensation should be accurately classified as 'orgasm', including female orgasms caused by G-spot stimulation alone, and the demonstration of extended or continuous orgasms lasting several minutes or even an hour. The question centers around clinical definition of orgasm.
Orgasm is usually defined in a clinical context strictly by the muscular contractions involved, and also by characteristic patterns of change in heart rate, blood pressure, and often respiration rate and depth. But this way of viewing, orgasm is merely physiological, while there are also psychological, endocrinological, and neurological definitions of 'orgasm'.

lol. :D does rocktropia violate the EULA or TOU?

§17 Rules of Conduct

f. You cannot use sexually explicit or offensive language. You cannot post or communicate any defamatory content.

g. You cannot create virtual universe avatars hosting an explicit, racist, hateful, degrading, religious, sexual or other form of offensive alias.

Excellent points, but... notice the words I boled up there. Those are completely subjective. What MA|FPC|RT finds offensive may not bother me... or vice versa. Very difficult to enforce either way.

lol

oh ... yeah ...to say that Motorhead is most popular is an understatement. Calling them rock Gods would be more appropriate. At Rocktropia... Lemmy is second to Lootius. You should direct your prayers & loot wishes to Lemmy. :laugh:

Come to think about it... Imagine an orgasm so strong that you die from it. Now that is the concept for a great weapon!

I bet the military are already working on one :D after all, they are reported to have been trying to make a bomb that would make all the men hit by it gay... :silly2:

OMG Some of you need to go play the Sims :rolleyes:
Is this HATETropia?
Quit being pussies! :silly2:
Have a good day :D

I maybe showing my age here, but when I landed and saw the females on the road I thought, "wow streetwalkers" and thought maybe they will invite you to a lapdance or something..lol

But getting bitchslapped and then having to shoot a woman that cries out when she dies......

Just Did Not Feel Right​

Not to mention some equality....where are the pimps and bikers, I would feel a whole lot better shooting them..lol

Von

Are you sure ?

I think it's called Entropia Universe, try the link below.
It's also the name of the client loader. ;)

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/

ok, yes technically you are correct.

When you participate in Entropia Universe then you are participating in the whole universe. The OP, who does have a good point about story integrity, wants to continue to play only Planet Calypso. That is no longer possible.

I maybe showing my age here, but when I landed and saw the females on the road I thought, "wow streetwalkers" and thought maybe they will invite you to a lapdance or something..lol

But getting bitchslapped and then having to shoot a woman that cries out when she dies......

Just Did Not Feel Right​

Not to mention some equality....where are the pimps and bikers, I would feel a whole lot better shooting them..lol

Von

Ever played Perfect world or Jade Dynasty? Maybe they are not wearing thongs .. but they are both screaming and moaning ;)

It's not special for a game to have female mobs - and also, what about the half nakid Torio-ladies? Or the Borum females? Their breasts hangs down to their knees, but they are *free* ;)

Dunno, I believe too much fuss is being made out of it!

I realy realy dislike puritans
I hate the new wave of biblebeltism and prudism that I noticed in recent years.
I also find it very weak of MA that they removed the little bit of gore (bloodsplatting of mobs) and the accidental bare breast that could be seen in earlier years.

Nipplegate seems to have started a new era of puritism.
what the F. is wrong with this axe, its called after a song ffs.

so I ventilated some steam. :D

Excellent points, but... notice the words I boled up there. Those are completely subjective. What MA|FPC|RT finds offensive may not bother me... or vice versa. Very difficult to enforce either way.

Ahh..... This is the crux of the matter. What one person finds offensive another may not.

Just a short true story for you, amusing in its own way but highly subjective.

A while ago , here in Australia, a judge ruled that the F word was no longer offensive, after an objection to a witness using the word numerous times in testimony. He stated the the word was now in common use and could ,therefore, be used without fear of reprisal.
Upon his announcement he was greeted by the prosecution with

" Thank you very f...ing much your f...ing honour. I'm so fi...ing glad that you have f..ing sorted that out."

Common usage or not, it is usually the context in which something is seen that decides whether something is offensive or not. It is usually far more prudent to err on the side of the conservative, especially in the business world.

I wonder how some people can ever go out in public or watch television...

I think problem here isnt the word "orgasm" in brutal orgasmatron axe ...or what is it...but very shallow, almost stupid content we are forced to see via global chat, even if we are on Calypso.

What the hell has motorhead band with science fiction game from deep space.

he he he

The only way that I could find an orgasm offensive is if someone willfully kills someone with one...and if they loot you afterwards now that is just plain wrong. :silly2:

The only way that I could find an orgasm offensive is if someone willfully kills someone with one...and if they loot you afterwards now that is just plain wrong. :silly2:

Like... if you're killed by that axe, your avatar gets an orgasm and dies from it? :eek:

Nevermind..

Last edited:
seems theres two issues. one is that some parts of our player base are possibly more sensitive to sexual references than others (despite no problem with violence, but hey thats their heritage). the other is that it doesnt fit to have "pop dragons" and "orgasmatron axe" alongside "omegatron M2755" and "Argonauts".

seems to me an obvious solution, if anyone from MA is reading or cares, is to seperate the global channels. i must say im not looking forward to 4 or 5 planets streaming all sorts of global info on mobs, matters and crafted items that have no meaning to me on the planet im on.

His Rock whatever thingy slowly turns into a pop content.
What every one likes? Dragons, Zombies, Wolves, Unicorns? =) ( i bet in future updates we'll see pinck unicorns)

Ditto. I don't have a problem with whatever neverdie wants to do on his world. Name it anything you want. And I'm sure someone will like it. Same goes for any other planet, variety is the spice of life. Its a good thing to have very different themes. What doesnt appeal to you will very likely appeal to someone else.

However, seeing so and so has looted a grenade launcher in a medieval themed planet would be stupid, it will break the immersion. So, the themes do need a barrier of separation. Global channels and hof boards need a filter to exclude other planets if a player doesn't want to see them from a theme they find offensive.

Seeing so and so has looted a 'pink fairy wand' at 'camp fairy tale' while im busy trying to immerse myself in a robot war would start to bug me for instance.

Ditto. I don't have a problem with whatever neverdie wants to do on his world. Name it anything you want. And I'm sure someone will like it. Same goes for any other planet, variety is the spice of life. Its a good thing to have very different themes. What doesnt appeal to you will very likely appeal to someone else.

However, seeing so and so has looted a grenade launcher in a medieval themed planet would be stupid, it will break the immersion. So, the themes do need a barrier of separation. Global channels and hof boards need a filter to exclude other planets if a player doesn't want to see them from a theme they find offensive.

Seeing so and so has looted a 'pink fairy wand' at 'camp fairy tale' while im busy trying to immerse myself in a robot war would start to bug me for instance.

I think separating the info in the Hall of Fame and keeping worlds separate when it pertains to that type of info would be a possible thing to do, wouldn't it? and would resolve this issue.

I think separating the info in the Hall of Fame and keeping worlds separate when it pertains to that type of info would be a possible thing to do, wouldn't it? and would resolve this issue.

You would hope so, but then there is still the issue of the pink fairy wands appearing on the auction along with all the other crap that has no place in the world you are currently on.

I realy realy dislike puritans
I hate the new wave of biblebeltism and prudism that I noticed in recent years.
I also find it very weak of MA that they removed the little bit of gore (bloodsplatting of mobs) and the accidental bare breast that could be seen in earlier years.

Nipplegate seems to have started a new era of puritism.
what the F. is wrong with this axe, its called after a song ffs.

so I ventilated some steam. :D

Just to set the record straight, I'm no puritan, or a bible thumper, matter of fact I have no use for religion. I've been playing online multiplayer games before the internet, so I know a little about the progression of gaming.

But the one thing I have always believed in is, one should have a little tact, and self respect and to have an understanding that whether your shooting an artificialy created avatar or one representing a real person, your killing someone. And I can assure you it will affect many who do it, and getting used to killing a human figure even in a game, will affect a young mind, its a fact.

Thats one of the reason I thought killing those females was a bit over the top.

And btw, anyone who thinks that blood and gore is ok in a game, is proof of my above statement.

Roy

you know what is the worst of all words in this game !

those yellow lined messages about " this creature didnt carry any loot"

I mean what the hell! very offensive and bad taste blah!

Boorums anyone?

*Check mate*

seems theres two issues. one is that some parts of our player base are possibly more sensitive to sexual references than others (despite no problem with violence, but hey thats their heritage). the other is that it doesnt fit to have "pop dragons" and "orgasmatron axe" alongside "omegatron M2755" and "Argonauts".

seems to me an obvious solution, if anyone from MA is reading or cares, is to seperate the global channels. i must say im not looking forward to 4 or 5 planets streaming all sorts of global info on mobs, matters and crafted items that have no meaning to me on the planet im on.

I think that you may have "glossed" over the problem a bit with your conclusions, although you basically have it right.

The main problem is that these "vixens" are being portrayed as human and in a very obvious sexual manner. To me that is sexist content, particularly as there is absolutely no male equivalent, therefore degrading to women in general. To top it off , these "mobs" are there to be killed , nothing like a good portrayal of violence against women, because there is nothing like encouraging and showing that violence against women is ok. We dont get enough of that in real life , do we?

There is a very big psychological difference between killing a human representation, and a different species that happen to have mammary glands (in the case of Boorum females). Not everyone likes PvP, simply for that reason alone. Zombies and vampires are different psychologically because the are born of fantasy and cannot be found in real life.

Oh and can anyone explain to me why an auctioneer needs to be portrayed as a sexual fantasy?

The second point you make about the names of items, such as the "orgasmatron" axe I personally find a little pathetic. I get that they are apparently named after songs by motorhead, but why is beyond me. This is supposed to be a rock music based planet, not a motorhead based publicity stunt. Its almost like they were trying to add a sexual element to something that has no sexuality at all, all a bit pre-pubescent for an adult game.

Segregating the global chats is an excellent idea, but i doubt that anything will be done as they are using the chat to promote the planet "in house".
Pity, I think they would have sparked more interest in the planet by keeping somethings a little bit more quiet, nothing like getting poor loot on Calypso to inspire a visit to see how things are on Rocktopia.

Best (and funniest) analogy I've seen this year!!

Awesome Job AG! :thumbup:

It's one universe, but it's two different games.

I've got nothing against orgasms, nor orgasmatrons. I do however feel that the "flavor" of the Neverdie Ego Trip... err... Rocktropia... is completely incongruous with the pre-existing Universe and the planet I prefer to play on.

Seeing these item names and such as a colonist on Calypso is like having some dork show up at a rennaisance faire or SCA event in a Star Trek uniform. It's amusing to the dork, but takes away from the immersive environment that the other attendees seek.

If MA wants a cross-universe leader board, then they should make it seperate from the in-planet leader board. I don't care what happens elsewhere, I want to know what's happening on and above Calypso.

True, just imagine that the next Planet Partner would be the My Little Pony planet, the Spongebob planet or something like that.

(shudder) :eek::eek::eek:

Nothing offensive in there, but I wouldn't want to have it in my chatbox.

The only thing I see as poor taste is the "L".

The Orgasmatron has sci-fi credibility; it was the device used by the bad guy in one of the most famous (if kitsch) sci-fi films ever, Barbarella. In the song it was a dark overlord, on the album cover it was a demonic train... now it's an axe. No more weird to me than space-apes (argonauts) being named after characters in Greek Mythology (sailors on the side of the hero, BIG connection there).

Other not-particularly sci-fi tie-ins would be Twin Peaks (doesn't look much like a quirky surreal drama), Treasure Island (very old book about sailors again), the strangely australian gun series (Opalo, Tasmo, Beauto, Outbacko, Busho), as well as the existing axes, swords and clubs (except those that are powered).

I'm still undecided about the Video Vixen Drunks. Maybe I need a few drinks myself to be sure.

Maybe the point of sci-fi is to introduce the unexpected, such as a teenage metalhead pleasure planet operating in nearby space. Surely it's no different than hearing about Las Vegas while hiking in the Rockies? A different world, yes, but does news of it really affect your enjoyment that much?

Hurrikane

P.S. Other Motorhead names they seem to have missed include: Sharpshooter, Bomber, Death or Glory, Burner, Snaggletooth, The Claw, The Hammer, The Wolf, Dog Faced Boy, Devils, Iron Fist, Iron Horse, Mean Machine, Capricorn, Overkill, Cradle to the Grave, Sacrifice and of course Die You Bastard. Maybe we'll see them in the future. Not gonna change my enjoyment if we do.

Back