Preview of VU8.2

Well, that's a whole lot of info from Marco so long before release, I mean an ENTIRE weekend!!!

It does not matter that I may not be all that interested in events or advertising ... yet!

But I am delighted that someone fixed Marco's computer and put EP back on his quick links :D

It's not so much the teasers/news that got my attention, it's Marco posting and responding to questions that's getting me all excited again :bowdown:

I like this VU already :clap:

OK new features to us but yes a big but when will the old features be finished that they have a usage?

Lets say taiming for example
Is the sole purpose off all this skilling in taming to see a Daikiba making a trick? Would be great that we did not spend all that nutrio bars on animals to only see them making a trick, btw in youre annoncement - same style as this announcment about the add system, you talked about dancing daikibas and so on but up to now I dont think it is implemented that the tamed animals can dance or even make some useful things as carrying the ores of a miner or helping a hunter in hunting....

So the only one who benefitted constantly from this new feature the last several month was MA as all the tamed animals uses Nutrio bars to survive in the stable as there is nothing to do for them...

Would be nice if you finish some addition to the game or at least let them in a usefull state bevor you move on to other grounds - atm besiedes getting skills for Nutrio the animals are of no use to youre customers but very valuable to MA as it gives a steady income each day from the used nutrio bars.. and this is going on already 3 month and no further development on the animal taming front of which we know anything

Last edited:
Kemp said:
1 or more assistants

We are starting - I have Frank Campbell on my team, meaning more time for community work. It will still be some "silent" periods when I have nothing to say, really, and when I am involved in other areas, but the community presence will be bigger now. As MindArk as a company expands, more and more roles within the company are streamlined, which is better for everyone.

Skam said:
Do a participant have to make their own ads? Or is the system made so you can have commercials as a profession?

No. Yes. Happy?

Marco|MindArk said:
We are starting - I have Frank Campbell on my team, meaning more time for community work. It will still be some "silent" periods when I have nothing to say, really, and when I am involved in other areas, but the community presence will be bigger now. As MindArk as a company expands, more and more roles within the company are streamlined, which is better for everyone.

glad to hear. I, just like someone else said, like it even more when Marco is posting info then when it is on the CL. most of the time, you get to know more by his posting (and then get all exited) then when its on the CL

:naughty: FINALLY! *in evil "Plankton" voice* I CAN DELIVER MY "THE END OF THE PANTS IS NEAR!" MESSAGE TO AAAAALL OF CALYPSO!!!!! :naughty:

MUUUHUUHUUHAHAHAAHAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Marco, I hate to bombard you with yet another question, but... :

Are there any plans for a feature that lets you place ads in your estate? You see, I have this shop window located 5 meters from a tp... ;)

good to hear from vu 8.2 :) sounds good. but when is the VU-Day :)? you can give this information or its a surprise?

greetz
-dan-

Marco|MindArk said:

so when will we meet frank? :D

To my fav MA employee:

It wasnt in the CL, but will our RT's be re-implemented this VU?

Stryker said:
To my fav MA employee:

It wasnt in the CL, but will our RT's be re-implemented this VU?

Support promised me they would, so they better be!

Can I also ask, seeing as Marco's being forthcoming with info :laugh:, if we can have some kind of insight as to when the next taming additions/changes will be made.

The only reason I ask, as I'm not a tamer, is that a number of tamers are quite dissatisfied with whats available, and (imo are being too impatient) are doing something which is like a prohibited word on this forum :wise:

This concerns me. Something that is new and people are already giving up with it. Maybe some outlines as to when and what is happening with it will keep them interested and stop the premature decision making that is going.

Wow! Awesome stuff! Thanks for being so forthright the last few days Marco.

So, we will be setting a budget and competing with other people's budget for air time? I hope it doesn't turn into one or two people buying up all the air time or it will look a bit silly.

There IS such a thing as overexposure. :laugh:

Epictetus said:
There IS such a thing as overexposure. :laugh:

Yes, Epictetus,and let's hope Muddy heeds this comment, and keeps his trousers on! :wise: :laugh:

Last edited:
Great stuff, but i wonder what your thought are about avatars advertising?
Is it for ingame advertising (come hunt at my la) or irl. Because irl wouldnt be so interesting for avatars. Maybe if you implement selling irl stuff at tt's it would be nice. So i can advertise to buy a t-shirt and ppl can order it in tt and pay with peds.
Or in stead of tt, special shopkeepers or something.

If this isnt implemented only ava's with la's or big companies will advertise.

Marco|MindArk said:
Note (as in Expectation Management) - this is the first step of ads in PE, and it contains participant-made ads and MA ads (not Massive's yet, as they come later). In this iteration each hour will consist of 30 min participant ads and 30 min MindArk ads. Each ad will be 30 sec long and is made with a tool resembling Powerpoint sort-off. This means there are 120 slots per hour and you set a budget to your ad and this gives you a probability of display per hour, based on the competition for the slots available.

With the event system, you can rent areas for a duration, apply tickets (those without tickets cannot be in the event area for the duration), and set rules and prizes (including adding items) as they like. The event system is one of the most complex systems to date, and this is also to be considered a first phase introduction, with more layers coming later this year.

So the 30 minutes of MA time will be filled with what, Massives ads later on? :dunno:

What happens when more then 60 player adds are added, will one or more adds not show for an entire hour? And when the next starts, will it remember the adds which didn't get shown last hour?

Oh, and that "budget" - is it considered decay (money goes to MindArk) or will it go back to the community (loots..) or split (%?)? :cool:

Konve said:
So the 30 minutes of MA time will be filled with what, Massives ads later on? :dunno:

What happens when more then 60 player adds are added, will one or more adds not show for an entire hour? And when the next starts, will it remember the adds which didn't get shown last hour?

I'm kind-of expecting a system where you say "I'd like to bid ___ peds for ___ number of 30 second spots" and if someone else outbids you you get your money back. You shouldn't have to pay for no airtime.

Selling deeds for airtime at a fixed cost might have been more friendly to people without unlimited resources but I can understand MA seeing this as a profit center.

Konve said:
Oh, and that "budget" - is it considered decay (money goes to MindArk) or will it go back to the community (loots..) or split (%?)? :cool:

Man when are ppl gonna understand that decay doesnt mean MA gets more money. Ammo burn + decay + fees + all otherstuff will go in loot pool and MA takes their cut.
If everybody started to use axes the loot pool was empty by your ideas. Ma only stated that decay was more than enough to cover their costs. So the money they take is less than decay and does not 100% rely on decay.

Epictetus said:
Selling deeds for airtime at a fixed cost might have been more friendly to people without unlimited resources but I can understand MA seeing this as a profit center.

And the more MA profits the less they hav eto take from the loot pool so good for us hunters etc

Marco|MindArk said:
Use common sense and all will be fine. Don't use it and all will be a world of trouble. ,-)

Mmmm common sense what is that ??? :laugh:

Marco|MindArk said:

Tnx for that honest reply Marco, giving a name makes it much thrust worthier and ofcourse I understand that MA (s employees) cannot make a full day task out of communicating with the community. Costs vs benefits.

And when that silence really occurs when there is nothing to say, fine by me. I just pointed out that communication really has been up and down and up and down over the last years. And with a project like this, which is free and thus actually making depositors some kind of investors in both their virtual future and your company future, a decent communication is not more then fair.

Since, well, I heard something similar like "but the community presence will be bigger now" more often. And after those announcements quite some silence moments have risen whilst actually communication was needed in my humble opinion.

End of topic, good job on this info thread!

Kemp said:
Since, well, I heard something similar like "but the community presence will be bigger now" more often. And after those announcements quite some silence moments have risen whilst actually communication was needed in my humble opinion.

Yeah, in retrospect, I have been too optimistic in my assessment of the time I had available for my different roles. As my role gets streamlined, and my other areas have resources allocated, it becomes easier to make a continued progress to more community discussions/information. Getting Frank onboard has been a tremendous help.

When Massive is launched, the time slots will be revised. I don't have details today as to how.

There is a probability based on budget per slot per showing, no one can be sure when a certain piece is shown. The same advert cannot be shown twice in a row though.

Konve said:

Marco|MindArk said:
Yeah, in retrospect, I have been too optimistic in my assessment of the time I had available for my different roles. As my role gets streamlined, and my other areas have resources allocated, it becomes easier to make a continued progress to more community discussions/information. Getting Frank onboard has been a tremendous help.

Great news Marco - really looking forward to your increased involvement in here. There is nothing like your coments to dispell speculation.... no, wait - a lot of your comments increase speculation, or is it anticipation.....

Whatever, good to see that some of your time is being free'd up to play on EF :) Thanks Frank :dance:

Marco|MindArk said:

Keep the good work up. I believe in you guys. Hence, else I wouldn't be in there anymore after 3 years :). It's a longterm project for both participants and developer!

So the ads are freebies on time-share or you pay for them and are still time-shared?

The little picture in the CL is nice, can we have a bigger picture please, the same cut would be ok. :)

Like this:
Eventpre.jpeg

All of this looks really exciting! I'm looking forward to it!:D

Thought Frank Campball was kicked few years ago maybee hes was re employeed :wise:

Back