Preview of VU8.2

...and whats with transportation fee ? ;)

Stryker said:
To my fav MA employee:

It wasnt in the CL, but will our RT's be re-implemented this VU?

I'm looking forward to it!
:rolleyes:

All of this looks really exciting!

Lady T :nurse:

Any news on when to expect the VU? I look forward to the event system and would like to know if I can use it for my next treasure hunt.

Cheers :beerchug:

???

Someone mentioned that the event system is only for land owners. Is this true? It makes no mention of that in the CL:

An Event System will also be included in VU 8.2 enabling participants to create customizable events all over Calypso. Participants will be able to decide the rules, sell tickets and award prizes for a variety of events.

Marco, can you please clarify this so I and others don't get our hopes up only to find out that the event system is not for everyone.

Cheers :beerchug:

JackFree said:
Someone mentioned that the event system is only for land owners. Is this true? It makes no mention of that in the CL:
Marco, can you please clarify this so I and others don't get our hopes up only to find out that the event system is not for everyone.

Yes, I can - it is for everyone. There are preset event areas anyone can book. Most land areas are event areas as well.

Marco|MindArk said:
Yes, I can - it is for everyone. There are preset event areas anyone can book. Most land areas are event areas as well.

Whew! Thanks Marco! I was worried there for a minute. :)

Is there any bug fixes in the new patch, the preview dosn't state anything about that?

Olaven said:
Is there any bug fixes in the new patch, the preview dosn't state anything about that?

Bugs????? Huh?? :whistle:

Etopia said:
shop was not exist when that doc was made.
also auction is fee , apartement is fee , shop is fee ...
all fee go to MA :)

Let's define fee using the document you provided:
http://www.mindark.com/docs/pr/mindark_prospekt_en.pdf
(Note .PDF)

Game Fees said:
Players in PE do not pay any fixed game fee or monthly subscription fee in order to play the game. Players costs are the equipment and objects that they collect as they play and which wear out with use. The players must regularly upgrade their possessions via special automated service stations to retain full capacity. For example, a hunting weapon wears in relation to the number of shots discharged. The wear level is indicated via status information on the screen and can also be noticed by reduced performande in the object. The normal service fee for an active plauer lies between 0.5 and 1.5 USD per hour played.

And we might as well throw in this one too:

Income Model said:
PE's income base is the fees that the players pay for acquisition, repair and renewal of the diffrent assets and objects that the player chooses to use in the game.
In the virtual economy the player uses the virtual crrency PED to purchase diffrent objects, which the playing character requires in the game. When these objects are used or worn a maintenance requirement occurs where the player makes payment in the game in order to keep their assets and objects in usable condition.

Well that's that and I hope you can find no loopholes here Etopia :tongue2:

Olaven said:

Of course there is. Along with 37 new items, two new mob DNAs and a use and market for WOOL :D

new vu

yes sounds very exciting, like many others tho are the old bugs going to be adressed, Now muddy i didnt as wear a dress. :laugh:

Ok for the last time I will tell you how it works.
First there is a loot pool, if there is not, I hereby declare that all the money ingame available to be looted is called the lootpool.

As I said already, MA states that they take their money as a part from decay. Which means, they amount of money they skim of the 'lootpool' is less then the decay everyday. Now all that MA does is let us play and let the money roll. And everytime a ped comes by they take a few pecs. They don't care if you are using blp, laser or melee. The only thing what counts is the cost for someone to kill a mob (total decay of fap, armor etc and ammo). That is what is filling up the lootpool. And everytime you loot, you drain from the lootpool.
And in the process MA takes their share. Very simple to implent and to calculate future income (they always talk about GNP (PE GNP 2005 : 1.6 billion PED (160M$))).

Why would you increase teh uncertainty of your income because people can switch from melee to gun or vv what would cause a change in decay thus MA's income.

I'll wait and see...I've seen too many promises and plans from MA get the hype but actual implemetation has much to be desired...So...guess we'll see how this one floats.

Konve said:
Let's define fee using the document you provided:
http://www.mindark.com/docs/pr/mindark_prospekt_en.pdf
(Note .PDF)

i do not provide that document , MA provide it .
i have only gave you the link.

Konve said:
Well that's that and I hope you can find no loopholes here Etopia :tongue2:
i dont really get what you whant to prouf neither what you whant to say ...

still , i have not see yet , an MA official statement on an official way to say what MA put back in loot and what they keep for them.
neither i have see any official statement , if the in game TT item are stuck on a special acount , or if MA spend all money deposited and hope the new player will pay for the old if they withdraw....

Makes you wonder if others at MA read these forums like Marco does...even thought he's in charge of communication, would love to hear their thoughts on most of the discussions on EF.

I'm going to make a GOATSE AD.

Oh god. Just kidding. Though be prepared for the worst. In order to avoid something like this MA would have to monitor and check every submission. Something tells me that's not going to happen.

Get your free TUBGIRL today.

P.S. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you're better off.

preventing abuse

Players tend to seek the borders of abuse/allowed.
Someonem mentioned dynamic ip s and the making of avatars to abuse the event system.

Maybe its a good idea too set a minimum agility level on the use of the event system. That way avatars that are blanco/new cant get acces too. The chance of a developped avatar abusing stuff is much lower cause the consequences might hit that same avatar an RL person behind it.

just a idea.

personally i think its great to see MA and PE evolve and grow, it gives me confidence to stay in the game and enjoy it too the fullest wihtout having too fear i ll loose all my peds. (worst nightmare is to suddenly not be able to logon, finding out MA went broke and all my peds are gone)

greetz and happy gaming
CBB

Well i'm not thrilled with this VU yet. :rolleyes: The biggest problem with this VU is when you login and can't use your soc chat :mad: and then have to relog a few times :mad: it's extremely furstrating and some members are confussed if they are even in the soc at all.

The preview period is over, could you please use other topics concerning the current VU?

Cheers!

how come i auto run when ever i push a button to move, up down left right i juust keep going that direction

Well I have a question , and really only one :tongue2: , for Marco....

Hum, can I, the creator of the event, "invite" others, without giving them a ticket, to be in the event area wile this event is taking place? I wanted to add that the individual im inviting is NOT taking actions within the Event.

Just wanted to sort this question out of my sistem... since i saw something regarding this in a previous post...

thank you for your time Marco, now that you got way lot's and lot's more of it for us :)

Marco|MindArk said:
When Massive is launched, the time slots will be revised. I don't have details today as to how.

There is a probability based on budget per slot per showing, no one can be sure when a certain piece is shown. The same advert cannot be shown twice in a row though.

Yes, but we do see the Artists adverts semi back to back. So Advert 1, then Advert 2, then Advert 1 again... of the same Art school people... gets a bit annoying. Also, doesn't seem like any of this is cached, and it probably should be, otherwise its a total unnessecary waste of my broadband which is already battling.

the videos of the art people are stored on your comp mighty ;)

all i really want is the ability to upload your own vids, as the tools for bink video are free :D

Ok this is a fun VU with loot of nice stuff :) But i don't have any luck its not fun putting in cash all time just to do something like mining, hunting, and stuff i mean only getting 20 to 30% back return.

Well i can't make profit all time but it seems its no chance of getting anything big or good items or nothing.

it seems a little bit disapointed not getting anything.

And yes i am a whinerGum so you guys don't need to say anything :p

i think this game is Wery wery nice and good :) its make me addicted and i haven't stop playing it YET! hehe

But just give me a good loot or mining deposit like all other newbies gets pleaseee...

Naa not that big but something so i know you guys haven't forgot about me :D

And Btw way give Knuckles something good to so he stop whining to hehehe :D:D:D

Keep up the nice and wery good work.

/Hummel

Marco|MindArk said:
We are starting - I have Frank Campbell on my team, bla bla bla

I suddenly realized where the Cempball-Welch guns came from :tongue2:

Back