Preview of VU8.2

Linzey said:
Thought Frank Campball was kicked few years ago maybee hes was re employeed :wise:
MA has keep his DNA and make him a new avatar :silly: :hammer:

So, one day we`ll see (reallife) female underwear ads inside PE ? ;P

And will it be allowed to advertise my favourite alcohol then ? ;)

EBN SPECIAL REPORT!!!

From Earth started huge Fleet! Some big companies, like Coca-Cola, McDonalds and some more companies builded huge spaceship fleet and they on they way to colonyze us. Soon they landing to Calypso and resistant having no point. They are much outnumbered.
The new era is coming to calypso...Coca-cola era!!! Be awared!!

:laugh:

Lets hope they all pass the "Akbal-Cimi" System and meet those hordes of uncompromising drones ;D

McCormick said:
:laugh:

Lets hope they all pass the "Akbal-Cimi" System and meet those hordes of uncompromising drones ;D

And let it rain Coca-Cola for years to come :D

I love Coca-Cola[tm], and Pepsi(R) and Mountain Dew(c) and I drink any of them anytime... I mean eerrr... I don't, they have to show me the ads so I want to drink them ... :D :rolleyes:

So the bartenders will soon have beverages for us and we can take all our friends for a glass of soda at least.

Marco|MindArk said:
When Massive is launched, the time slots will be revised. I don't have details today as to how.

There is a probability based on budget per slot per showing, no one can be sure when a certain piece is shown. The same advert cannot be shown twice in a row though.

This sounds a lot like how Google AdWords works.

thoreau said:
This sounds a lot like how Google AdWords works.

Yeah but too bad we can't track someone seeing the ad and then making a purchase. If someone sees an ad for my shop and then buys something it's impossible to know whereas in Google Ad Sense you have the click data.

Epictetus said:
Yeah but too bad we can't track someone seeing the ad and then making a purchase. If someone sees an ad for my shop and then buys something it's impossible to know whereas in Google Ad Sense you have the click data.

Here you are mistaking, the server knows when you take aim at an object, like when you try to scan an object outside your LOS or aim fap.

During the first few days the client will bombard you with messages everytime you look at a resource, terminal, shopkeeper, tp, button and any other new game object. So it is possible to tell if someone looked directly at your ad.

Hm just wondering

Lets say Massive pays around 10 - 15 cent each participant/day who have watched at least 5 Ads / Day. This make 3 - 4.5 usd each month / participant when he was online everyday. This might not mutch improved loot for someone who hunt for 500 - 600 peds each day or more.

I have of course no idea how close iam but this ads will not make peds rain from the sky and solve all bad hunts and make us never deposit again. No need to say this ? I dont think so, it seems some people expect some kind of miracle from the ads, waiting for the arrive of the coca cola paradise. I just dont want they wake up on the hard way some months later and start whining again here :)

I think ads are a good idea but thats no reason to put the pink glases on my nose...

Fiona Simmons said:
Hm just wondering

Lets say Massive pays around 10 - 15 cent each participant/day who have watched at least 5 Ads / Day. This make 3 - 4.5 usd each month / participant when he was online everyday. This might not mutch improved loot for someone who hunt for 500 - 600 peds each day or more.

I have of course no idea how close iam but this ads will not make peds rain from the sky and solve all bad hunts and make us never deposit again. No need to say this ? I dont think so, it seems some people expect some kind of miracle from the ads, waiting for the arrive of the coca cola paradise. I just dont want they wake up on the hard way some months later and start whining again here :)

I think ads are a good idea but thats no reason to put the pink glases on my nose...

If you don't mind, i'll add smething to this from https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20159&page=1 , because i'm having second thoughts about the ad system aswell, when it was first talked about, i was all for it, but now:

The Doctor said:
My guess, based on the current situation, would be that where today you'd get a 5k HOF, with the RL-ad system you'll have a chance of getting 10k but your average loot won't be changed meaning nothing will change from the average players' point of view.. well, maybe something.. more garbage to load when entering PA...

mrproper said:
Here you are mistaking, the server knows when you take aim at an object, like when you try to scan an object outside your LOS or aim fap.

During the first few days the client will bombard you with messages everytime you look at a resource, terminal, shopkeeper, tp, button and any other new game object. So it is possible to tell if someone looked directly at your ad.

Ah great point but I'm looking for data that indicates the player:

1. looks at my ad and
2. goes and buys something.

That would be do-able (maybe complex) but probably not MA's main priority.

Looks like very nice features , can’t wait to see the finial result.

chielsen said:
Man when are ppl gonna understand that decay doesnt mean MA gets more money. Ammo burn + decay + fees + all otherstuff will go in loot pool and MA takes their cut.
If everybody started to use axes the loot pool was empty by your ideas. Ma only stated that decay was more than enough to cover their costs. So the money they take is less than decay and does not 100% rely on decay.

Don't you people me :boxer:

More decay does mean MA gets more money. If nothing was to decay, MA wouldn't get a dime. I have never said MA takes all of the decay, I said part of it. A part could mean all of the decay but it might as well mean 5% or 16% as long as the part is more then 0.03pec / each time you click the mouse...

MindArk (well, Marco) has again and again stated that they get their money from the decay, final. Also that they don't take all of the melee decay (well, "the world wouldn't end"{similar expression} - whatever that means, but I take it they don't take all the decay).

And what fees? I see no fees in PE(?). :dunno:

Ammo isn't decay for my knowledge and I, nor you, know if there really is a "lootpool" :wise:

This is all based upon what I've understood from posts and messages, mostly made by MA, on forums in the past ~2-3 years.

Edit: Oh, and Marco. You "forgot" to quote and answear the other part :laugh:

I also don't think that it will give a big improvment in loot

From Massive Website:

Revenue Impact of the Massive Network
The network model developed by Massive Incorporated is the most effective for dynamic video game advertising as it allows for the inclusion of all game titles (large and small), regardless of their sell-through volume.

The Massive Network enables publishers to capture incremental profit of $1 to 2 per unit shipped – revenue never before available to them through the aggregation of a much larger audience than if they tried to do it alone…an audience that can be more effectively marketed to advertisers, resulting in the highest yield possible for each title.

So 1 to 2 US$ per shipped copy of the game or downloaded and usede account in PE isnt too much.

Konve said:
MindArk (well, Marco) has again and again stated that they get their money from the decay, final.

Do you have a link for this? Because I remember Marco saying that decay is revenue but I don't remember him saying that it was their ONLY source of revenue.

Also, any statement Marco made in the past does not mean that it is true of MA today. I personally believe that a good percentage of the rent for estates/apartments goes directly to MA.

Epictetus said:
Ah great point but I'm looking for data that indicates the player:

1. looks at my ad and
2. goes and buys something.

That would be do-able (maybe complex) but probably not MA's main priority.

Lol, you are asking for that because it is possible in the virtual world, but in the real world there is no way of a company knowing if their ad is being viewed and if it is leading the costumers to purchase their goods, services, etc.

In the real world the companies just choose a billboard in a nice spot where it is well noticed and pay for having their ad there, the rest they can't control.

I would agree with MA if they said it isn't a priority or wouldn't be implemented.

And thank you Marco for giving us this much feedback, :thumbup:

Cougar said:
Lol, you are asking for that because it is possible in the virtual world, but in the real world there is no way of a company knowing if their ad is being viewed and if it is leading the costumers to purchase their goods, services, etc.

In the real world the companies just choose a billboard in a nice spot where it is well noticed and pay for having their ad there, the rest they can't control.

I would agree with MA if they said it isn't a priority or wouldn't be implemented.

And thank you Marco for giving us this much feedback, :thumbup:

That is not true
Of course the Technology to monitor if your aimcross point on an ad and a counter how long you vieved the ad is allready developed and being sucessfully used in a testrun. Advanced software can make you a nice statistic from it. Its not that hard to realize. The other Question is, have MindArk such Technology? :)

I now it is possible inside PE, and that it can be done, but what i wanted to say is that in RL they can't tell if you looked at an ad in a billboard.

And thanks for making me think again, i agree i was wrong there, the ad price model will be as most of the others in the internet with a cost per impression. (per look in PE's case)

It's just me who's mixing PE and RL too much. (maybe spending too much time in Calypso)
:thumbup:

And about MA having the tech, it is quite simple to implement this system.

thoreau said:
Also, any statement Marco made in the past does not mean that it is true of MA today. I personally believe that a good percentage of the rent for estates/apartments goes directly to MA.

I do believe a bit more in official MA documentation than marco, and , in the documentation its cleary stated that MA take :
For sure:
decay + auction fee+rent fee(apartement shop..)
Probably :
land sell , apartement sell , big complex sell(TI,CND) , house , hangar ...

In other word , MA take directly for them the deposit , and give from it the money to people that withdraw.
Decay is used to reduce the momeny curently in game .
so , MA is somewhat payed from "decay" .

As for the advert system , i still dont see any good explenation on how it will work .
So how it come you are all dreaming about "cheaper" game , without knowing how the money will be given...

thoreau said:
Do you have a link for this? Because I remember Marco saying that decay is revenue but I don't remember him saying that it was their ONLY source of revenue.

Sorry, no link. You will have to do the searching yourself ;)

I know this is stuff said in the past, but I don't think it's changed. Of course I don't know(I don't know anything, just as no other non-MA does) about new things like the new extra 5%(or somthing) when buying thigs at shopkeepers as well as these new fees for the ad-system. That's why I ask :D

Etopia said:
For sure:
decay + auction fee+rent fee(apartement shop..)
Probably :
land sell , apartement sell , big complex sell(TI,CND) , house , hangar ...
No way they take the auction fee, that's also been said by Marco on several occasions (that is in case I am remembering correcyl). But I see how you doubt that when you don't trust Marco... :rolleyes:

Not really sure about the large TI/CND but I think all the money from the smaller ones went back to the players.

Konve said:
No way they take the auction fee, that's also been said by Marco on several occasions (that is in case I am remembering correcyl). But I see how you doubt that when you don't trust Marco... :rolleyes:

Not really sure about the large TI/CND but I think all the money from the smaller ones went back to the players.

from MA documentation :
PE's income base is fees that the players pay for aquisition, repair and renewal of the different asset and objects that the player chooses to use in the game.

for me that mean all the fees in game , and the only fee i pay when i buy item its auction fee....

Etopia said:
from MA documentation :

for me that mean all the fees in game , and the only fee i pay when i buy item its auction fee....

Sounds more like decay and tax upon buying items from shops to me (perhaps also the money from estate sales). :dunce:

Konve said:
Sounds more like decay and tax upon buying items from shops to me (perhaps also the money from estate sales). :dunce:

shop was not exist when that doc was made.
also auction is fee , apartement is fee , shop is fee ...
all fee go to MA :)

Etopia said:
from MA documentation :

hmm
I only pay a fee in auction when i sell something :confused:

Back