Remove TP's !

Vote against teleporters !

• Teleporters are the devil, crush , destroy and remove them all !

Votes: 59 44.4%
  • TP's are to fast, my peds will last longer when traveling more !

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • Remove TP's, so noone can complain that one location has one while another does not.

Votes: 30 22.6%

• Total voters
Gathering all the TPs "by foot" was also one of the best experiences I had in this game, specially when some help from Socmates was included. As for TPs, I can't really imagine working without them atm, however they should be limited at least by the minimal distance to each other (not like at one place on some other planet, where there are like 6 in one small area).

Its an illusion to think beginners would need TP's to make their game experience better, when i started in 2006 i collected all TP's without ingame help in one day aside from one berycled stalker LA north of sakura city where i had a little help to get out of. But this all just was great fun to me and i learned about the importance to always have a charged tp chip with me. However as a noob back then life consistet of sweating and hunting mobs near port atlantis, things for which i wouldnt have needed any tp.
Teleporters i started to use more when i decided for depositing to get it going as a hunter and trader.
But for depositors a vehicle is a non-issue as compared to hunting/mining gear or crafting those are really cheap.

But this is the point of view of one individual only leaving out the effects a removal of TP's would have on the entire universe as listed earlier in this thread which should be a far greater argument.

Remove, crush and destroy all TP's to grow our universe back to the size it once had in our minds ! Make it large enough for people to really choose where they want to be as choice is what makes life fun. Without choice we wouldnt exist. Remove TP's to keep our existence :cool:

With a few minor word modifications, this statement could easily also apply to removing vehicles. :yup:

With a few minor word modifications, this statement could easily also apply to removing vehicles. :yup:

Yes but this wouldnt help the economy, this wouldnt help keeping the robots out, it wouldnt help employing more people and offering more jobs, it wouldnt help raising markups, it woudnt help crafters, it wouldnt help tamers, it wouldnt help mindforce users,... (just read the thread for all of these points)

I do think there is quite a bit of merit in this.

I remember as a nub my epic adventure to get to the oil rig. I ran from PA to fort troy. I then swam all the way from troy to the outpost south of the rig. And then trecked north though hoards of exa stalker, atrax, and then large trox, being as sneaky as I can, using all my TP running knowledge I had to check out the oil rig. I got killed pretty quickly, but it was an adventure. There aren't many adventures like that any more.

It would be nice to see a planet that allows that.

I thought your poll was fun, but I kept thinking "Nah, TPS are useful", Until I read this bit :

Remove, crush and destroy all TP's to grow our universe back to the size it once had in our minds ! Make it large enough for people to really choose where they want to be

Now I think this : CRUSH TPS! :handgun:

Yes but this wouldnt help the economy, this wouldnt help keeping the robots out, it wouldnt help employing more people and offering more jobs, it wouldnt help raising markups, it woudnt help crafters, it wouldnt help tamers, it wouldnt help mindforce users,... (just read the thread for all of these points)

Yes, I've read your take on the points... as I've said, they're nothing more than opinions unsupported by facts.

Yes, I've read your take on the points... as I've said, they're nothing more than opinions unsupported by facts.

Remove, crush and destroy TP's to give Soradin some facts ! :cool:

Remove, crush and destroy TP's to give Soradin some facts ! :cool:

Well, you could argue forever over vehicles, MF chips, new occupations, but it dosen't matter much in the end.

What swayed me was the point about making the space bigger ( more challenging ) and more, I dunno, real.

We have to travel, it's part of life. Often it's a pain, but we're glad when we get there. Often it is enjoyable. Either way, once we arrive at our destination, we are there and we do stuff, which makes our choice more meaningful.

It's not about peds and eco really for me, but John has hit on something about the feeling of playing, which is very important. That MA slows down our ped-cycyling though, I'm not so sure. Still, better to have a good idea than a bad one:)

How about have an option to disable tp's, that way people who want to waste their life travelling may do so - everyone happy.
Or how about just not using em at all, just pretend they don't exist - easy really.

This would put a interesting spin on the game, I would be all for removing all tp's except the ones needed to go to another place such as Hell, Ancient greece, and Hunt the Thing

Another thing came to mind when when I stepped through a TP a few minutes ago. From Aegis to Atami's in 5 seconds.

To easy!

:rolleyes:

It's just to easy!

No adventure here.

Make us travel to get to our destinations!! Make monsters to spawn on the road we fly!
Make dragons in the sky to challenge my Sneip when I travel all the way from Aegis to Atami's to finish my merps!

Adventure all the way!!

:handgun::bull::rocket:

All who say to keep the tp's are just plain lazy. So used to the ease of things. To afraid to step back from the luxury of free travel they're used to.

Same goes for the auctioneer. A while ago I proposed to remove the auctioneer. Just because of the ease of it. No trading, no people in shops, empty malls.

Now, let's make this a joined effort. Remove both the TP's and auctioneer. Imagine what would happen.
:rolleyes:
(Apart from a lot of whiners who say they will leave the game if it would happen. Cuz I don't believe in quitting because of that. Entropia is in your blood and since you're human, you'll adapt. It's dynamic.)

Now, with those gone, the rest of the playerbase will start to form smaller communities. Since people tend to stay at places for a longer time. And without the auctioneer, the big cities, with their malls will become huge trade hubs. So will the residence towers with their shops. Real estate prices will sore! Interaction between players will be massive because the tt still gives worse returns then the market outside.
The auction now just makes it to easy.

:dunno:

So, I'm going to make this one last post in the thread. Then unsubscribe and ignore it.

100% honestly, I'd love to see vehicles go away, and TPs stay. I honestly don't give a damn about the PED card of the players who want to line their pockets with other people's PEDs by selling vehicles. I have no love for profiteers, and frankly if I could go on a killing spree of corporate executives without being arrested, I would. I hate people who profit from other people by charging outrageous prices for "necessities".. which is what vehicles would become without TPs given the increased size of the world.

That said... the idea of removing TPs ignores a group of players who actually have lives, and only play for a few hours at a time. It would absolutely preclude the idea of a quick half hour get-together between soc-mates on a moment's notice, and require much more advance planning, which people who actually have lives outside the game simply cannot do. I don't schedule my play time... it happens when I have a chance. Concepts like this ignore the casual (but still depositing and PED cycling) player and simply cater to people who have nothing else to do, whether by choice, lack of options, or luxury.

So if you want to further restrict the player base, and take away depositing players who happen to play on restricted time frames due to real life obligations... keep pushing to remove TPs. Frankly I look at this thread as half-joke, half self-promotion. But there ya go.

I have no love for profiteers, and frankly if I could go on a killing spree of corporate executives without being arrested, I would. I hate people who profit from other people by charging outrageous prices for "necessities".. which is what vehicles would become without TPs given the increased size of the world.

Without the ability to profit, there is no incentive to work harder. Which is why in countries that have no free enterprise system, you have nothing but poverty.

All who say to keep the tp's are just plain lazy. So used to the ease of things. To afraid to step back from the luxury of free travel they're used to.

Now, let's make this a joined effort. Remove both the TP's and auctioneer. Imagine what would happen.

Lazy?!?!?

Kiss my ass, Wizz... a few years ago, I ran for several hours to get all of those TP locations.

I'm also imagining what would happened if you removed all TP's AND auctioneers...

game-over-La-8-17-10.jpg

... the idea of removing TPs ignores a group of players who actually have lives, and only play for a few hours at a time.

So if you want to further restrict the player base, and take away depositing players who happen to play on restricted time frames due to real life obligations... keep pushing to remove TPs.

Exactly.

Could you please make a poll for this :cool:

Because also exist a thread with title: "Remove Polls" (<-I am a favour of the idea)...hahaha... and finally..if your next thread would be : "Remove All Games"...hahaha..maybe i could sign it .. hehe. :D

This is "Fashion of Remove". As in the 70's started fashion of marijuana. ;)

This idea is only a thought experiment, because it wouldn't ever happen. It's just interesting to think of how the world would be seen if we had to fly and drive everywhere. Sure, it would slow up our pedburn, maybe be annoying if we wanted to spend like crazy. Still, it would make the thing feel more involving, is all we TP crushers have said.

Fear not, TPs are here to stay.

It's just interesting to think of how the world would be seen if we had to fly and drive everywhere.

"pre-Cryengine Players" knows perfectly like was that. And believe me, on such case, only would exist benefits for The 5% top of players...(obviously in some cases, they will have not any kind of competence - sounds great, Is it not? yeah, but not 4 everybody)

Lazy?!?!?

Kiss my ass, Wizz... a few years ago, I ran for several hours to get all of those TP locations.

yeah lazy!!!

Just bend over, get your pants down, and I'll try :tongue2:

While removing the TP's planetside would be impractical and annoying, it does seem to be a much more likely to be implemented change to make people fly up to orbitting ships, the teleport to mothership option is after all a TP, and dispenses with one of the uses for the short range space vehicles.

So now that it takes so long to get to other planets in Quads and VTOLs, maybe MA should disable the TP to mothership option thus giving the smaller space taxi a chance.

Just a thought.

yeah lazy!!!

Just bend over, get your pants down, and I'll try :tongue2:

I've been bent over with my pants down since I started playing Entropia. :smoke:

While removing the TP's planetside would be impractical and annoying, it does seem to be a much more likely to be implemented change to make people fly up to orbitting ships, the teleport to mothership option is after all a TP, and dispenses with one of the uses for the short range space vehicles.

So now that it takes so long to get to other planets in Quads and VTOLs, maybe MA should disable the TP to mothership option thus giving the smaller space taxi a chance.

Just a thought.

The ability to summon into space is something great and yet you are right it somehow is similar to a TP.
But its also similar to the wormhole technologie motherships use to go on warp, or which is used in mindforce to cross large distances planetside.
However motherships rely on a system to inform their crew/passengers that they will depart and it will be even harder to man them with no such option at hand. In my opinion it wouldnt make sence to skip mothership beam if all other TP's remained, but if motherships and privateers got a notification system to sent a message to every crewmate whereever they are in the univere, that sure would be an option that could replace the summon function.
A further meassure to avoid additional costs for passengers could be the implementation of high atmosphere.
Like the mothership at the new pvp island on calypso, motherships should be able to enter higher levels of atmosphere, but of course not able to land. This option could allow smaller shuttles to ferry passengers onboard/offboard without thruster decay. There could be mega thruster for motherships and a large thruster for privateers to enable such a feature.
High atmosphere should allow for higher traveling speeds of small spacecrafts, to move people around the globe but at an higher fuel consumption. Entry and exit points to space and planets should be based on the planets geography - it should be possible to enter and leave the planet in real 3D.

Remove, crush and destroy all TP's to improve our 3D experience within this universe ! :yay:

Updated first post with a short summary of statements to read up in this thread :cool:

Remove, crush and destroy all TP's !

Hello,
How about replacing the TPs with Universal Jaccuzi System (as suggested by OP) where you can be sunk in and appear in the other Jaccuzi of your preference?
The new jaccuzis would be in the same places where current TPs are.

If there will be such option added to the pool, I would vote for it.

Actually there is a Jacuzzi in world already. It doesn't work, and I haven't seen anyone in there in a long time. I believe maybe a few of you have found it and know what I am speaking of. :laugh::silly2::laugh:

No wait, no one new has located it, because no one goes exploring anymore, just tp from one area to the next without looking around at your environment lol

No wait, no one new has located it, because no one goes exploring anymore, just tp from one area to the next without looking around at your environment lol

Thanks Jarman for pointing this out :D

Thanks Jarman for pointing this out :D

For pointing what out?

Yes, but we should learn and relearn exporing. It is a GOOD thing to look around and have mystery.

I think we have lost this art and it is sad and a very real loss to the game if all new players do is rush to the tps.

A problem.

Let us have mystery.

Add More TPs .... Scheawed Poll (biased)

I would actually like 2 have more TP ... simple reason they save time (Have 7 diferent vehicles what i use ~ 4).

Also mine - i look 4 specific resources.... so time 2 travel on my target spot is important ,
got no 24 h 2 waste on EU just wasting ~ 3h /day .... so want max experience, not boring auto fly (see Travel on RT /Ark 40 min on Interceptor) + cannot leave EU unatended as frequent crashes (NVIDIA + DirectX glitches+ Antiviruss)

There are remote places what takes time 5 min just 2 get there (Wasted) (MF TPing + mobs (1 update removed Save arrival on TP chip .. so under attack) return 2 revive... )

Please, review existing and add more to make TPs available like every Location is ~ 2 min flew time from TP with Vtol :) , thanks

Resnis

Back