Remove TP's !

Vote against teleporters !

• Teleporters are the devil, crush , destroy and remove them all !

Votes: 59 44.4%
  • TP's are to fast, my peds will last longer when traveling more !

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • Remove TP's, so noone can complain that one location has one while another does not.

Votes: 30 22.6%

• Total voters
I haven't bother to respond to this thread until now, because I hadn't really formed an opinion yet. At this point though, I think if you take away the planetside TP's I would lose interest in the game altogether. I really have zero interest in the planet to planet travel. I understand some love it in all its PVP glory and I think what is being done with the active MS's is a helpfull option for those of us which want to travel safely, but to be honest I am a lazy SOB that can't be bothered with relying on other people, so the end result is I stay on Caly.
I like being able to tp quickly on planet to where I want to go, so I would consider it a downgrade to take that feature away. My vtol better get many times faster if that is done, because I don't have the patience to fly everywhere I want to go at current speeds. If the vtol stays slow and you take away the tp's, it will be time for me to find something else to do with my time.

Sorry, but not all of us have ped to spend on Travel... (Unlike others :rolleyes:)

Sorry, but not all of us have ped to spend on Travel... (Unlike others :rolleyes:)

Not just think straight, think around the corner, above the hill and up to the hard to reach places that would exist without TP's - try to envision the effect on item markups if certain ressources are less reachable. Every hunter going there would for sure ask his/her travel costs + involved time in markup. More traveltime/costs lead to higher player added value in the whole chain of economy - as already mentioned earlier in this thread.

Remove, crash and destroy all TP's to increase player added value !

tp.jpg

In the begining in PE there were not many TP's in game.
And once dead you had to trawell and find revival terminal in form of ghost faar form place you died.
Also a lot less ppl playing.
It was normal that you hunted in an area for weeks, somethimes months before you cud see another avatar running arround.
Planet was big - all for you to explore. Gaining few tps was achievement and great adventure in that time.
If you wanted to see ppl or trade you shud run to town ( no auction existed ).

Today Calypso is wery wery small. Evry pice of hunting areas have already hunters on.

Today is offten that plyers fight for mobs.
Sometimes tere are more green dots than mobs.

Today im forced to hunt with 3 vtols or heli on my head almost all time.
Places wich were free because faar and unacesible or because ppl were too lasy to run 1 hour to there are offten crowded by ppl. Ppl wich skill lvl or gear wud newer permit them to reach those areas by walking or running there

After revival terminals higest tehnology colonists of Calypso have are teleporters.
Teleporters are future of all Calypsians and they will be mode of instant, anoymus and safe interplanetar travel.

If you want to remove something then start with basic and low lvl tehnology like all vheicles.
But why to remove? Better to add things to complement each other.
Because i see dark future with removing good things.
How wud be life on Calypso if we remove revival terminals? Something like perma death ?
We cant count on fact that our mindforce users with resurection chips are 24/7 in game always ready to do their job in mater of few secconds.
As we cant count for any other form of human service like spaceship transport to be aviable in matter of a seconnds and just in time we need it.
Same for other areas of Calypso life.

Again - teleporters are instant, cheap, anonymus and safe travell on planet as for interplanetar travells.
I wud say add things instead to destroy good ones.
Summon function on spaceship is also teleporter tehnology. Removing teleporters mean removing summon ability too.

Last edited:
I'd like to offer a thought experiment.

Lets say I am exploring a new interstellar system and my ship becomes crippled. I go the nearest planet and make a controlled crash landing onto its alien surface - of purple hills and black mushroom trees. It's a weird and incomprehensible place. I'm very uncomfortable on it. Fortunately, I find a city. The aliens creep me out and make me nervous. My mind drifts back home where things are more familiar. I yearn to go back. Suddenly, I see a TP and it says "Free, instant travel!" My spirits lift when I see it and I run over to the TP. These were only rumored to exist where I come from. It was something you see in movies. So for a few moments I gaped at it. Then I spoke with the TP operator and entered it. In a flash, I'm back home. I wipe the perspiration off my forehead and begin the process of building a new spaceship and recovering my losses. Home sweet home.

The problem is that the alien planet I landed on was a utopia. The most beautiful planet in the universe.

/experiment end

Just a thought. I am not in favor of removing TPs. Just wanted to put this here.

Last edited:
Remove TP's - increase ROI for Calypso Land Deeds :cool:

I like tps but I do think there are too many of them

The problem is that the alien planet I landed on was a utopia. The most beautiful planet in the universe.

In what consist that problem?
They dont have RT where it say "Instant free resurection" ?
Come to Calypso - we have that and TP's too, only problem here are MS and vheicle owners.

Milestone reached - 100 people against TP ! :yay:
Time to write a support case :cool:

OMG we still have TP's !!

Beware robots might already be beyond us without our notice ;)

Completely biased poll. I say KEEP TPs.

Completely biased poll. I say KEEP TPs.

Remove them! UP with the Local Economies! Down with Globalization! Has the Euro Crisis taught us nothing? :wtg: :laugh:

Remove them! UP with the Local Economies! Down with Globalization! Has the Euro Crisis taught us nothing? :wtg: :laugh:

I guess my mall shop should be screwed since some people aren't making money anymore with their vehicle investments...:scratch2:

With this again? There is no advantage to making people slog around in the mud to get to mobs for one to two rounds of hunting. If I had to fly/TP more than I do now to go between LT and eomon I think I'd just sit this migration out.

I guess my mall shop should be screwed since some people aren't making money anymore with their vehicle investments...:scratch2:

Emerald Lakes mall really is in a bad location. Was this mall paid for by a person on their design, or placed by MA? If it was a person, maybe they wanted to build a city on their land. That would be sweet. Placed by MA... er... maybe... um.... maybe someone was taking urban development lessons from China, or folks in Alaska, and buiding a bridge to nowhere made sense! :girl:

All funny business aside (and this is a funny business thread that should be taken with tongue-in-cheek intent), the game might actually be better with only a limited number of TP's. When you think about it, of what value really is a wormhole chip with markup when you can just teleport to the closest available TP and then use your teleport 1 chip to make a quick hop to the location? None. People are paying TT +10,000 PED for a novelty. A bit of flash with very little logical function.

Back in the day playing Ultima Online, each city had its own unique community mainly due to a lack of ability to instantly teleport from place to place that was available to everyone. If you wanted it, you had to earn it through training.

This made local economies thrive, you could find the best crafters in Minoc and Britain, many guilds in Vesper and Trinsic, Magical wares sold by players in Moonglow, and towns of conflict with highly specialized player vendors and player factions fighting over their control elsewhere.

Instant travel was limited in that game. Moongates did exist, but they were somewhat out of the way, and only went a handful of places. Beyond that you either needed to be magically trained, or be brave enough to travel on foot/horseback.

It did make the game world seem much more epic. And who can deny, Ultima Online was one of the greatest MMO's ever made!

- MR

Emerald Lakes mall really is in a bad location. Was this mall paid for by a person on their design, or placed by MA? If it was a person, maybe they wanted to build a city on their land. That would be sweet. Placed by MA... er... maybe... um.... maybe someone was taking urban development lessons from China, or folks in Alaska, and buiding a bridge to nowhere made sense! :girl:

All funny business aside (and this is a funny business thread that should be taken with tongue-in-cheek intent), the game might actually be better with only a limited number of TP's. When you think about it, of what value really is a wormhole chip with markup when you can just teleport to the closest available TP and then use your teleport 1 chip to make a quick hop to the location? None. People are paying TT +10,000 PED for a novelty. A bit of flash with very little logical function.

Back in the day playing Ultima Online, each city had its own unique community mainly due to a lack of ability to instantly teleport from place to place that was available to everyone. If you wanted it, you had to earn it through training.

This made local economies thrive, you could find the best crafters in Minoc and Britain, many guilds in Vesper and Trinsic, Magical wares sold by players in Moonglow, and towns of conflict with highly specialized player vendors and player factions fighting over their control elsewhere.

Instant travel was limited in that game. Moongates did exist, but they were somewhat out of the way, and only went a handful of places. Beyond that you either needed to be magically trained, or be brave enough to travel on foot/horseback.

It did make the game world seem much more epic. And who can deny, Ultima Online was one of the greatest MMO's ever made!

- MR

First, I completely agree that UO was the best mmo ever...god so much fun. Lol

Second, you are correct in being able to teleport through training (aka recalling on runes), however; it only was a fourth circle spell (didnt require much training at all), let alone after a bit, people made rune libraries, so most starters didnt even need to explore to mark their runes. Overall, the main UO experience was still instant teleporting and nothing like having to waste tons of time exploring. People had books and books and books of runes, basically their own personal TPs on them all day.

First, I completely agree that UO was the best mmo ever...god so much fun. Lol

Second, you are correct in being able to teleport through training (aka recalling on runes), however; it only was a fourth circle spell (didnt require much training at all), let alone after a bit, people made rune libraries, so most starters didnt even need to explore to mark their runes. Overall, the main UO experience was still instant teleporting and nothing like having to waste tons of time exploring. People had books and books and books of runes, basically their own personal TPs on them all day.

Agreed. But players had to experience some of the game first before getting to these levels, either through training or through finding someone to gate them.

Either way the players engaged in the social aspect of the game, and there were areas common to new players where they could always be found, and helped. I *was* a counselor there in 1998. Helping new players was my business! :)

(I was also a PKer. Relieving people who exploited new players for their loot of their loot was also my business!)

yes yes yes remove tp's in all of space! SS included! =) also add scanners to quads to check for loot, the scanning systems we have now tend to obliterate the scanned target. I'm tired of cleaning human off my quad after I get to close, it still has some Normandie parts stuck in the right wing.

An old topic, but since we have new polls regarding interplanetary tps, i figured its time to resume this effort of the past.

For some reason many players still have the impression that being able to be everywhere in an instant would be a good thing and keep forgetting that this is a real cash economy which is driven by supply and demand.
Why is this connected ?
Because if you can be everywhere in an instant so can everyone else !
We are all competing in various professions and having distance between places and ressources is something that creates opportunities for trade, transport, remote hunters/miners who spent the effort to reach those far away locations and bring back those goods that cant be aquired locally - this generates mu for a wide range of products which is what drives our economy - cause only with mu players can break even or turn a profit.

Our universe would be a much larger place with much more professions / opportunities if players could not be everywhere all the time.
A different planet or even continent could be something that truely separates the playerbase where players find 'homes' locally and prepare themselfs for long travels or just rely on the local 'reseller/trader' creating new opportunities for other players to contribute towards a products value.

Respectfully, John, I believe you're beginning to do yourself a disservice. Your vested interest makes you a less than ideal politician for advocating this kind of things in the first place. And then this particular poll doesn't offer an alternative to disagree, thought it was made in jest. If you're taking yourself seriously, you can do better than this. Cheers.

Respectfully, John, I believe you're beginning to do yourself a disservice. Your vested interest makes you a less than ideal politician for advocating this kind of things in the first place. And then this particular poll doesn't offer an alternative to disagree, thought it was made in jest. If you're taking yourself seriously, you can do better than this. Cheers.

My vested interest in planetside transports ? Point me to where i last performed one ;)

Jest or not - tp's are the doom of civilisation - crush and destroy them all ! :cool:

If I couldn't move around a planet freely via TP I'd probably play even less than I do now.

Besides the auction invalidates your purpose for removing the TP's planet side unless you're going to have an auction on each server that's separated from the others. Making it harder will only congregate players in a single area where it's easiest to buy and sell stuff - as we're seeing with Calypso and the other PP's.

If I couldn't move around a planet freely via TP I'd probably play even less than I do now.

Besides the auction invalidates your purpose for removing the TP's planet side unless you're going to have an auction on each server that's separated from the others. Making it harder will only congregate players in a single area where it's easiest to buy and sell stuff - as we're seeing with Calypso and the other PP's.

Only the lazy players (no offence - mindark practically trained all players to be lazy by destroying mu accross the board) who dont aim to maximize their profit margin will stay where its 'easiest' to have a quick turnover.
Quick turnover however is what kills mu and damages economic growth if you keep cycling on the same stuff and create overproduction.

The reason we see everyone running to calypso to buy/sell is because since the introduction of space mindark had the designflaw of allowing bypass of space through logout exploit therefor noone really had to bother about transporting stuff through lootable pvp. There has never been a separation like originally intended and announced by mindark.

I gotta agree with JBK here. There are PLENTY of good compromises available for both sides to be happy. Anyone wanting to just erase space clearly doesn't care about the game, the economy and specifically the RCE as well as the health of the planet partners. Yes he has a vested interest, but he is also right! And he's not the only one, what is there? close to a million dollars invested into space by the players (as well as hours)? And some of you would rather just remove it so yo can have less inconvenience? You need to check yourselves.. just sayin

~008

Removal of TP's makes no sense unless also removing TP chips, and then it would just make everyone drive, make the planets even more cluttered with idiots that cant drive in a straight line, or park on your head.
I love Toulan just because it is vehicle free, and incidentally only has a very few TP's, but I am also very aware it only works there because the planet is small, and it doesn't take days to get from one side to the other.
I therefore don't believe we should destroy all TP's any more than I believe we should remove vehicles...BUT

I do believe we should have to earn the right to use them, I strongly believe that MA have gone too far down the road in spoonfeeding new players, they have unwittingly removed that sense of pride we used to get from achieving things on our own, and the sense of friendship and community that was formed by helping others.

Before vehicles were introduced planetside, new players had to explore on foot, had to learn the terrain, mob locations, and maybe mining spots along the way, in their hunt for the next tp (usually discovered when you died)
We got a real sense of achievement if at the end of a day we had 2 or more new ones on our list

so..
How can we in part turn the clock back, yet also improve player enjoyment

As a new player gaining an achievement in recognition of your development should be a genuine goal not some silly message in a log that no-one even looks at.
If we had unlocks for vehicle usage, unlocks for TP usage, and TP chips, then we would have a feeling of accomplishment.

1. Stop giving free vehicles to new players
2. No player may enter another players vehicle until they have reached the relevant unlock
3. Each vehicle type (or MF chip size) has one unlock point as passenger and another in order to own one.
4. Unlocks may be skill based and/or may be achievement based. This way different player styles can be accommodated. For instance crafter/traders may opt for gathering a number of locations in order to get unlock, rather than hunting/mining skill points, or completion of certain missions could get an unlock or tokens towards one

Positives.
Players will have to explore, they will have to learn how to avoid trouble, even to recognise what is dangerous and what is not.
Players will learn what is out there between TP's/cities/outposts instead of just asking for a pos and going straight there.
Older players may assist by showing routes to new folk (anyone remember old fashioned TP running groups, how many of you still have friends you met there ?)
Plenty of opportunity for some new and exciting structured missions to guide those that are not in a society or not met a helper.
Less vehicles being spawned in new player areas and therefore less lag
Perhaps even have TP's that charge a little until you reach certain goals, then price goes down. Possibly to zero once the main goal achieved

Negatives
Players will have to go find things for themselves instead of having it all handed to them on a plate. Well some may call this a disadvantage.. but maybe not.. Time spent doing and learning is not time wasted
New players may have to spend a little initially on ammo and early use of TP's, but they will not be spending on oil and vehicles so this may balance out
New players that select their planet of birth may find they made a poor choice. By not having the unlock that would enable them to be added to a space capable vehicle then they could be trapped and leave the game. This could be overcome by allowing 1 single relocation by either a special token to be handed in, or a specific once only game function, with appropriate warnings to encourage them to ask around in game before making their choice. Perhaps not available until at least 1 week old.

Transition
I hear you wondering 'But what about all those that have vehicles already ?'
Well in the same way that if you chip out skills you may lose skill unlocks, then some at the lower skills may lose the use of some or all vehicles until they gain the necessary unlocks. Doubtless there would be moans and groans, but they can always sell them if they don't wish to keep them and use them as a goad to go get those skills.
Before long most of todays newbs will have the skills and have done the unlock and newer players will never have known anything different so for them it will seem normal.

Following on from this you could even make certain vehicle upgrades (turbo, armour, weaponry even making it C instead of issue colour) dependant on unlocks or completion of specified missions

As for space, well time enough for visiting other planets or playing in space once folk have learned sufficient to have the skills to move on. Nothing quite so sad as new players begging for free rides to other planets just to get new player freebies. Then a few days on they find they actually have to work at getting resources or depo, and they quit.

Ok rambled long enough... time for :coffee:

What the hell, lets just make it so you don't deposit at least 50k usd you can't do anything in game, and then that level just lets you sweat... you'll have to work hard to earn the right to do anything, and by god and lootius it'll cost ya a bit to do it.

Back