Should a nodepositer have the same chance?

Depo vs NoDepo

• A non-depositor should have the same chance to HOF as a depositor.

Votes: 192 70.8%
  • No, a non-depositor shouldn't have the same chance to HOF

Votes: 62 22.9%
  • I dont care

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters
While whole world is struggling in poverty, starvation and disney' offensive initiative - they spending money on games.

All depositors should be punished. More they depo - more punishment should be applied.

A notable author and philsopher once said of Hunter S. Thompson that he was "the true voice of Thompson is revealed to be that of American moralist ... one who often makes himself ugly to expose the ugliness he sees around him."

dr3w is taking this tactic here. Im not surprised many folks dont get it. It's a tactic I take alot when I post. The ultimate absurdity of the premise of this thread is that it would even be considerable to treat one class of players different than another and hope for a modicum of success from this product. The short sightedness in even entertaining these thoughts is overwhelming, and at the same time disappointing. It shows the community's essential self interest and mean spiritedness, to deny a player an opportunity because you do not believe they measure up to the same standards as yourselves.

dr3w is absolutely correct, here. If non depositors should be punished for not depositing, and thus not contributing to the game, heavy depositors should likewise be punished for depositing too much, and not contributing to bettering their fellow man.

Why do all the non depo players think it is so wrong that depositing players should get some extra features that you dont? After all your sitting on your ass making money from a computer game, with out paying for it, seems to me you getting a better deal than us haha!

Not sure if the 'your' in that is referring to me or not, but I have deposited and (so far) never withdrawn.

Anyway, if the game was biased against non-depositors, there'd be no incentive to deposit imo. Knowing that it is possible to play and succeed without depositing is imperative, otherwise what is there to aspire to?

dr3w is absolutely correct, here. If non depositors should be punished for not depositing, and thus not contributing to the game, heavy depositors should likewise be punished for depositing too much, and not contributing to bettering their fellow man.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Absolute bollocks. You know nothing about the big depositors, they could be total saints giving 90% of their earning and 50% of their time to charity while chilling for a few hours making a big (by your definition) deposit which equals a fraction of a percent of their earnings.

The ultimate absurdity of the premise of this thread is that it would even be considerable to treat one class of players different than another and hope for a modicum of success from this product.

vox clamantis in deserto!

Not sure if the 'your' in that is referring to me or not, but I have deposited and (so far) never withdrawn.

Anyway, if the game was biased against non-depositors, there'd be no incentive to deposit imo. Knowing that it is possible to play and succeed without depositing is imperative, otherwise what is there to aspire to?

im not saying make it biased towards people who pay for there entertainment, but i do believe there should be an extra perk for people depositing, that would encourage people who dont to stick in a small amount a year, this could only be good for mindark, anyone want to disagree with this???

i seen this time and time again when this come up on pcf, all always the same shit from non depo players, actually pisses me off, making out it would be unfair for depositing players to get extra perks.

Well if you think it is unfair, stick $50 dollars in, nothing stopping you from receiving the 'perks' also. otherwise shut up or go find something else to do for free!

Doesn't matter what we think about this, since it will never be created.
The question is, how should they increase the amount of depos, so ingame
actions makes MA at least break even or profit, from depos done due to
the ingame value reduction to MA?
Having a minus 17million SEK when operating expenses is taken away from
income, speaks for it self, imo.

I don't mind if EU did have a kind of a bonussystem for deposits, but on the
other hand, I will not get much from it, if any at all.
I've reduced my depos, and a lot too, for several reasons.
Atm there a RL reasons that are way more importent to prio, but as soon as
that one is completed, I might depo again.
It's all up to MA to improve EU, so I feel it's worth depoing again.

im not saying make it biased towards people who pay for there entertainment, but i do believe there should be an extra perk for people depositing, that would encourage people who dont to stick in a small amount a year, this could only be good for mindark, anyone want to disagree with this???

i seen this time and time again when this come up on pcf, all always the same shit from non depo players, actually pisses me off, making out it would be unfair for depositing players to get extra perks.

Well if you think it is unfair, stick $50 dollars in, nothing stopping you from receiving the 'perks' also. otherwise shut up or go find something else to do for free!

You do get a perk from depositing. Extra PED. That's all you should get imo.

As a depositor, I clearly cycle way more ped than a non-depositor, hence given the same chances, I will probably global/hof more than a non-depositor, so I see no point in making the probability of success different. Currently, I can't deposit due to who knows what problem with adding cards, so does that mean I now would be considered a non-depositor and punished with crappy returns eventhough I would deposit if I could?

In other MMO's (subscription based model is slowly dying) in-game currency can be used to subscribe the account (EVE) thanks to the no-depositors generating ISK to pay for PvP thrill seekers or capitalists.

It's fair in EU's sense that a non-depositor can HOF/ATH, but at the same time would this question be raised if the market place was pre-populated with server generated resources? No.

The non-depositor needs to be able to global/hof in order to satisfy supply vs demand resource distribution.

Remember, a non-depositor starting from day 1 gathers sweat, stood in plain view, for what seems like 20cents per hour (1k sweat/hr). Then it needs to be sold, as mentioned investment of time and no cash is obscure, it could be argued that the time of a depositor was already invested when they worked for the cash, thanks to hindsight and budget.

At the same time, for a non-depositor to get their first Project Entropia Dollar (excluding new starter mission rewards like the ammo / bukin's), it needs to be obtained from someone. In this sense wouldn't it be fair to say that depositors only needed someone to gather resources for them?

As to the chance of the non-depositor scoring big - It could be argued that the "loyal subject" approach to obtaining the first PED would generate a sense of understanding for the communities needs, therefore being reflexive in their activities and more likely to attempt the "in demand / trend" activities for 90% plus MU. Thus they would be MORE likely to score big.

At the same time, most of this boils down to skills - The person with the most skill in an activity will under simultaneous evaluation get a higher return. The unemployed non-depositor would start off really small-time, but would be able to get to ATH, at the same time though it should be noted that a depositor would have less chance to global in this situation as they would be pursuing a leisure activity.

It is the inability of a depositor to receive the "holiday in Entropia" that would stimulate this debate further, but lets face it, if there are already ubers and professionals it is the community that acts as the door (not the ubers and professionals). Once past the door though I'm sure the symbiotic relationship works well.

Absolute bollocks. You know nothing about the big depositors, they could be total saints giving 90% of their earning and 50% of their time to charity while chilling for a few hours making a big (by your definition) deposit which equals a fraction of a percent of their earnings.

I know nothing about them? In 3 years playing Ive deposited more than $40,000. I wont say how much more, but I'll share up to that figure. I am one of them. Not the biggest, but I'm definitely in there.

And besides, you clearly dont get what I was saying. I was highlighting the absurdity of this entire thread with another absurdity.

Ugh. :banghead:

Well, it would be good for huge depositor, but bad for the marketing.
"Yes, Entropia is free, but some skill like the stamina is so hard to get, that you have at least to depo each month 50 dollars, to be sure to have one pro years. If you want you can play for free, but you will have less regen"
Don't make worse the MA marketing.

this works for other games, that are doing better than MA.

this works for other games, that are doing better than MA.

Not really. The freemium model works to attract a bunch of players who by and large stick around until the free level cap, then bugger off.

Either F2P item mall or Subscription are the 2 most successful models. RCE really does not have enough data points to support any type of analysis at this time.

Yes they should.

For them to get the HOF or global etc they have to do the same as a depositor.

E.g. buy gear to hunt or mine.

So how is it different if a non depositor gets it than a depositor ?

Not really. The freemium model works to attract a bunch of players who by and large stick around until the free level cap, then bugger off.

Either F2P item mall or Subscription are the 2 most successful models. RCE really does not have enough data points to support any type of analysis at this time.

how ever you think it works, and the boundries between the F2P, freemium, subscription are increasingly blured, they are still doing alot better than little MA. the reason there isnt many "data points" for RCE is that its really not a very good model.

understand that i recognise RCE as a core part of Entropia. however the point i made was that marketing the game in the way described would be a bad idea (except for the existing base if it affected them - that questionable given what we put up with over the past few years.)

where's the incentive to start depositing where the game is deliberately working against you because you haven't deposited?

it's the same BS all the micro transaction games are pulling atm

"It's free to play! but as long as you don't pay you can only use this and that but if you pay you get all these nice stuff!"

the hard way is often the more rewarding and this should be a journey where the player chooses how much they wish to spend not just some ordinary "come spend your money" trap

I hope one day some guy who's never spent a cent in game comes up to me and says I helped him 5 years ago and now he's got 500K skills and some of the best gear IG.. that would truly make me happy to see.

I agree that non-depositors should have the same chance,

However I also agree that depositors should be given the incentive to deposit as well.

Therefore everybody is happy :)

"Should a nodepositer have the same chance to hit a hoff as a depositer? "

Sure they should. I hit a hof and a few globals before I ever made a deposit. I had a nice opportunity, with sweat prices being high, to purchase ore and enmatter mining gear as well as a TT sword. Had those swirls not happened for me I am VERY certain my ava would have withered away to deletion, and I definitely would not have been sent the dandy 'Gold Card Reader' I now have.

Hey,

I wonder what u think about this question.

Should a nodepositer have the same chance to hit a hoff as a depositer?

i dont depo i have 10peds on me from sweating waiting to get 1kpeds and hunt punies to hof..:)

how ever you think it works, and the boundries between the F2P, freemium, subscription are increasingly blured, they are still doing alot better than little MA. the reason there isnt many "data points" for RCE is that its really not a very good model.

understand that i recognise RCE as a core part of Entropia. however the point i made was that marketing the game in the way described would be a bad idea (except for the existing base if it affected them - that questionable given what we put up with over the past few years.)

Look, I agree we should move away from advertising the game as an RCE model as a primary vehicle for driving an influx of currency.

We should not ignore it. It is the cornerstone of this platform. But we do need something else.

A freemium model however does not fit. It simply does not. How can you promote freemium in a game with no subscription fees? By exclusionary reward practices? Psh! That's not a carrot on a stick. That's a barrier. We need to slow down and think this through, if we want to discuss this rationally, and not play the part of the reactionary.

What we need are more free outlets, to drive player satisfaction in between deposits. This will increase retention on all levels, and will supply players with reasons to deposit, instead of reasons to shy away.

Because players will gladly pay for something they enjoy. Exclusion does not promote an enjoyable experience. It promotes an elitist environment.

The key is to focus on the virtual world, the complete sandbox experience. Activities to enrich towns, like Fishing, Laser Tag, Stock Exchanges, Society specific quests, Faction Points... these are what we need. The token system can be expanded, providing an in-game secondary currency with no real world value that expands and contracts in value based off supply and demand from the players themselves. MA loses no money. Deposits still drive the economy, and players on all levels are encouraged to participate in either the gathering of tokens, or the purchase of them.

Keep token prices on items high, providing incentives to gather plenty of them, create better token based items, and create free systems to supply small amounts of tokens in the form of daily, or weekly repeatable quests.

Vigorously pursue the creation of multiple accounts, making it a priority of MA to eliminate farming, and move the economy forward using a dual currency system, while never excluding the free player from participating in any aspect of the RCE system -- instead increasing the value of the free player to the depositor due to the time investment required to procure sufficient amounts of tokens to be of benefit.

Last edited:
So if I drop 1 bomb and a non depositor drops 1 bomb we should/do both have the same chance to ath/hof

But if I can afford to drop 100 bombs then my chances should be 100 x that of the non depositor that can only drop 1.

And of course if im dropping those bombs using more expensive finders/amps then my chances should go up further.

That said if a non depositor does find a way to drop the same number of bombs using the same gear then our chances should be equal.

Hey,

I wonder what u think about this question.

Should a nodepositer have the same chance to hit a hoff as a depositer?

I know you're a profit pvp'er from akhmul :), so I'm guessing you depo'd.

I don't think we should feel jealous at all toward non-depositors who HoF. They earned it!

Non-depositors mindlessly sweat for 2 ped every 3 hours. They've earned their chance to HoF.

Besides, if this game was all about Large Depositors = Greater Chances of HoF....... then the only people to be getting continuous HoFs would be the huge investors and traders. :p

I feel that non-depo should have the same chance for hof.
However, I do feel that depositers should get more special perks to encourage more players to depo. Not that I like to encourage the elitist mentality, but if I were a game developer, I'd explore more options in getting more ppl to pay for my game.
Looking at many popular mmo / mmo that I have played, they offer many benefits to encourage subscribers/premium members. Some also make it extremely annoying for free players and basically annoy they into paying.
WOW: free only up to lvl 20. You play at lvl 20 long enough eventually ur interaction with other players or your interest will get u to pay.
DC universe: Free gets 2 character slots, very limited inventory space, and limited money capacity. You play this long enough, you eventually get tired of all the limited inventory space, and other crap and pay to be premium/legendary. Tiered member model.
Knights online(not popular): slow very slow lvling without exp scroll. but never got me to pay for it, hackers, and non-english speakers got me to lose interest in the game.

Maybe Entropia could consider some more balanced perks. Perhaps cool looking clothing/capes/customized name/or complementary apartment that is bound to the avatar? I think apartment the easiest perks without costing anyone anything. One apartment complex can hold like hundreds of rooms. it'll encourage players to spend even more peds on furnitures. Oh and put the complex where many people can see so that it'll be more enticing. (edit: I wrote this while I'm very tired, this will cause a lot of change in estates market :p I guess not a good idea, or maybe make it for only ppl who depo like over $5000+?:scratch2:)
I like the tier payment idea. Depending on how much u deposited, you get better rewards.

Last edited:
the depositing isnt the payment, the decay is

non depositors pay also to shoot, mine or craft.

So any difference in depositors and non depositors is just discrimination.

btw, the non depositors can hardly exsist in this game, except for the real old timers. But thats the past nowadays. sweating cost more power consumption for the computer then it gives ped

Try to play this game without money for some time and youll see that this thread is useless and only build on suggestions that are not true.

I understand why this thread exsists and imo the only reason is jealousy.

so imo its not worth discussing this

I think amount of deposits made shouldnt affect chance of hof. BUT higher deposits let you hunt bigger mobs and more often, so depositors should hof much more often than non depoers.

But there shouldnt be limit for loot size for nondepositors, otherwise we might scare off some new players(who might become depositors later)

If depositor plays smart, then nondepositor doesnt get his peds. Most of the peds nondepositors have are coming from people buying sweat overpriced, giving out free stuff, etc. So no point of whining about nondepositors getting too much loots or something like that. We are paying them to hunt :)

My point is, you can stay away from non-depoers and live your own life, they dont affect your ability to enjoy the game.

So we want a virtual discriminative `universe` exclusively for one type of players ? Whats next? Racism? Should yelow or nigstas skinned ones have same loot with white snowish ones?
As an example, my self, stopped depo for quite some while cause of IRL issues, in the past i was...lets say by your standards...low depositor (friggin hell 500$/month is allmost double of avg. paycheck here). So if MA would (admit to ) cut my loot in any way i would close the door behind my ass after selling out in a breath. Pretty sure we have allot of medium-high skilled players that one year or another cant depo (by any reasons) that would dislike such comparison. New players are rare species already, would become extincted...and allot of moral reasons that one never should at least think to ask ..such tard question imo..
So quoting hijacker and others, dumb question.

Solution: you urge for big HOF or ATH craft dyneras or burn lvl13 amps on foma, your the bad ass depositor right? go for it!..me nib nondepositor would never be able to compare to you..

Last edited:
I would personally prefer it if everyone had to deposit at least once a year. Say $10, just to keep their account alive.
Other than that and as it stands now, yes I think we should all have equal chance.

No. An nondepositor is a cost to the system so input should be motivated.

Back