Skill Chips?

Scorpion

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Honor Scorpion Falken
This seemed like the best place to put this.
Ok, I would like to know as much about skill chips as I can.
1.How many skill levels can one chip hold?
2.How many skill chips can I use at once?
3.What is the decay involved?
4.How does chipping affect your skills? I have heard from some friends they wish they would have waited to chip.
I know that for chipping to be effective you need to chip all related skills in an area. I have also been told there is a loss of skills about 10% when chipping out. Any other information that you can give would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 i think a full chip can hold 1200 levels
2 no idea bout this one
3 i think its only decay from the implanter
4 well in lower lvls your skill goes up faster, when you chip early you skip the easy to get lvls and get into the hard ones, which might take you LONG time to skill then (chip to lvl 1200 and slowly skill up from there). On the other hand if you skill through the easy lvls, you get to like 2k rifle in no-time, then it goes very slow from that point, then chip in 1200 and your on 3,2k rifle

Here's a post I made way back about them, got some good answers. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6880
You can use more than one, but each use lowers what you will get out of the next. Check the stats each time and it tells how much it will raise you to (if you look at 3 chips and they all say you will go from 200 to 1200 after use, check again after the first one, the 1k gain will be down some). No decay on them, once used they are gone, but you will need the implant inserter for them which does decay. As for your friends wishing they had waited to use, as your skills get higher level it takes more experience to reach the next level, so it is generaly better to get as much as you can before using the chips. Also, if you are under discipleship with a mentor still, you can not use the chips until you graduate. I have used a few, don't know much else about them, but there are plenty of smart people here who know tons about this stuff. Good luck, hope this helps.

Thanks alot for the quick replies, Deus you also put into words what I was trying to convey to a friend about the loss on the more you use and the link explains about the loss due to skill level. If anyone else has more info please post. One other thing, can you take out and put in your chip as many times as you want, or once you insert it the GSI is gone and its in you now.

Last edited:
A new thought. Are there any negative aspects to chipping? For example unlocking skill bugs or being more difficult to unlock skills. Also if I were to chip lets say evade would that make all of the other skills that contribute to evade harder to raise?

Back