Stuck in space

Stop defending shoddy customer service.

40 hours floating in space - 5 support cases sent not a single response. Unacceptable.

Wizz... if your business relies on customers utilizing your product during peak times (like a weekend), then customer satisfaction is what is so urgent.

Sure, and i agree - but... how could have MA hired someone to handle all the "move my avatar, i'm stuck in space"-requests in time? They are no psychics. This is the result of a bug. This was more or less UNEXPECTED. What do you think, that they did this on purpose?

It is their loss if people can't play, they will fix it ASAP, no doubt about it.

But as long as people act like addicts, their drug dealer can do whatever to them. MA will never, NEVER start listening to the players when those players can't even survive a single weekend without.

You're acting like you are totally desperate, like you will keep playing, no matter if they try to satisfy their customers or not. That's the wrong signal imho.

42h in the space and this morning.................... Nothing !!!!!!!!!!!

Alex rolexo luxurius

Sure, and i agree - but... how could have MA hired someone to handle all the "move my avatar, i'm stuck in space"-requests in time? They are no psychics.

MA should ALREADY have a team dedicated to meeting customer needs on the weekend. :duh:

You're acting like you are totally desperate, like you will keep playing, no matter if they try to satisfy their customers or not. That's the wrong signal imho.

I'm not sending the wrong signal... :laugh:

How our floaters of space today? :laugh:
Monday, 48 hours, three support cases and nothing. Sweden weekends maybe takes longer? :eyecrazy:

maybe it takes a few days to figure out how to spend $6 million...

this is complete bullshit...if space is broken, take the damn game offline and FIX IT!!! it's been 30-40 hours now, how about ANY kind of response???

Art stuck in space

Well on a more positive note, Art is stuck in space since late afternoon Sat (EST).

In my preempted 2 evenings I have explored Steam's offerings as well as a couple other games, an opportunity I would not have had otherwise.

MA may not get so many of my peds going forward.

How our floaters of space today? :laugh:
Monday, 48 hours, three support cases and nothing. Sweden weekends maybe takes longer? :eyecrazy:

The problem is how you and many others send MULTIPLE support tickets about the same damn thing. And somehow, in your mind you think that MORE tickets take LESS time to read and answer? *facepalm* Stop sending multiple tickets and destroy the support feature for everyone!

Support are probably overloaded which isn't surprising really considering..

1-VU introduced new Space mobs which are advertised in pop up on loader.

2-People go explore space get shot, die from new space mobs (See 1).

3- By Friday Spawn locations become known, pirate activity, NEwer players unaware of revive bug get caught up.

Unfortunate thing is i see on forum quite a few 2012 accounts been stuck over weekend, but will get sorted today/tomorrow i guess.

Im free free form space :yay: :wtg: patience wins :lolup:

Thank you :)

:yay::yay:

"We have placed your avatar in Planet Calypso."

Support case originally send
2012-04-15 07:20:29

MA should ALREADY have a team dedicated to meeting customer needs on the weekend. :duh:

MA is a TINY company from sweden - do you really expect a TEAM waiting for you to file a support case on weekends? Not even in a perfect world this would make sense, mate - i really didn't expect such a naive comment from you.

MA is a TINY company from sweden - do you really expect a TEAM waiting for you to file a support case on weekends? Not even in a perfect world this would make sense, mate - i really didn't expect such a naive comment from you.

'tiny company'?

For a company that BOASTS over 400 million DOLLARS of player to player transactions per year, they should definitely have better customer service.

'tiny company'?

For a company that BOASTS over 400 million DOLLARS of player to player transactions per year, they should definitely have better customer service.

They claim to have over 1 million accounts, too.

And if you ask JWT, he'll probably tell you that he sees MA somewhere between google and microsoft - still doesn't make it more valid.

It is simply unrealistic to expect 24/7 live support from a company with less than 100 employees - and even IF - it is simply the height of naivity to think that support guy (probably a poor student) that answers your support tickets at around 4 a.m. on a saturday has access to the game servers and is able to move your avatar.

They claim to have over 1 million accounts, too.

And if you ask JWT, he'll probably tell you that he sees MA somewhere between google and microsoft - still doesn't make it more valid.

It is simply unrealistic to expect 24/7 live support from a company with less than 100 employees - and even IF - it is simply the height of naivity to think that support guy (probably a poor student) that answers your support tickets at around 4 a.m. on a saturday has access to the game servers and is able to move your avatar.

Think of it this way, there's probably 50-100 people that get stuck in space whenever MA fucks up.

That's 50-100 people NOT spending the average $1-2/hour that MA expects to make from us in decay. That's anywhere from $50-200 an hour in lost revenue by not having an active support staff over the weekend/nights when they KNOW they will have issues with their game.

Dam! :D

Even you land save on a planet- after you logg out, they just place you dead in space :D

I landed save on Arkadia-even placed stuff in auction- craftet lol than i logged out-

when i loggd in-I in space witeh my quad- dead :D

Stop spamming like impatient children and you will get seen to

2012-04-16 16:14 You wrote:

Hello I CTD'd in space whilst travelling to Planet Calypso and now I cannot revive even when pressing 'T' and I am just floating about. Is it possible to be placed on Calypso? Thanks

2012-04-16 18:26 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that this is causing you. Rest assured that we are currently working to fix this issue and, as a solution, we have now placed your avatar at Planet Calypso. blah blah blah.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Patience!

/me out

Yes, I expect better service from a company. Maybe you and others do not.

Small company or not, you'd think that MA would have service for their virtual universe and their customers on weekends.

It really has nothing to do with a "perfect world" or being naive, Wizz... it has to do with efficient business.

Think of it this way, there's probably 50-100 people that get stuck in space whenever MA fucks up.

That's 50-100 people NOT spending the average $1-2/hour that MA expects to make from us in decay. That's anywhere from $50-200 an hour in lost revenue by not having an active support staff over the weekend/nights when they KNOW they will have issues with their game.

Exactly.

$2,400 - $9,600 potential business income lost over the weekend.

I'm sure they will make up for it from Wizz's decay. :)

Exactly.

$2,400 - $9,600 potential business income lost over the weekend.

Income? I'd love to see the math behind that one...

I'm sure they will make up for it from Wizz's decay. :)

They do already, don't worry...

How unselfish from you and Chrome,so worried about MA losing cash? Or do you own CLDs? ;)

Small company or not, you'd think that MA would have service for their virtual universe and their customers on weekends.

It really has nothing to do with a "perfect world" or being naive, Wizz... it has to do with efficient business.

I only try to have REALISTIC expectations.

Paying 2 people to keep up live support during off hours is probably a bigger loss - and pretty stupid, because 95% of the year they got hardly anything to do - most of the usual support requests CAN'T be fixed within minutes.
And if it can't be fixed immediately it is simply not worth paying people for live support in the middle of the night.

But hey, who am i trying to fool here - you are stuck, hence you are pissed and this thread is the place where you vent your frustration. None of you wants to understand why things are like they are, and why it would be foolish to change it.

nana

their office hours could be like usual business hours.

but their product set the main peak at the european evenings and on the weekend.

you see that with the growing population inside when you travel places.

why do alot people set their auctions extra to end at weekend? cause thats when most are online.

so that set completely other requirements to the support staff then on companies which have their customer peaks from 9 till 5 weekdays.

so mindark need more supporters at weekend than in week in general.

im sure if someone had decided that stuck cases must get to 0 before continue with other things the situation be under control until they patch the bug away. and even if people wait then 20-30 minutes is still a better service level then 40+ hours.

cases on existing bugs which cant be handled with a support workaround can be untouched anyways cause a VU is needed to fix it anyway. beside that these cases take less time as the first level support "forwared the issue to the responsible team..." and copy pasted a answer in and closed. so that is not really support but more a type of dispatching work. peanuts cost that cause you dont need employees with special qualification for that type of work. students which earn some bucks can do that.

no need to defend them. it takes a decider and the will to offer such service.

I think MA are just to small be able to always give full 24-hour/day support, and in my opinion we should not demand that either. 12 hours support on normal days and maybe 8 hours/day on weekends would be enough for me. Nothing can be so important that you cant wait for a day for them to fix the problem.

I think MA are just to small be able to always give full 24-hour/day support, and in my opinion we should not demand that either. 12 hours support on normal days and maybe 8 hours/day on weekends would be enough for me. Nothing can be so important that you cant wait for a day for them to fix the problem.

Fair enough, opinions are valid all around. :cool:

I disagree though, in my opinion being small is no excuse for not being able to support your customers, especially on a weekend when they are typically using your product the most.

Also, if I were a big investor and had something important to do this past weekend (like, I dunno... bid on a Land Area, or run an event) and I were stuck in space, I'd be piiiiiiiiiiiiiissed.

I specifically said potential business income... and the math was estimated already. <sigh> :smash:

Exaggerating much?

:silly2:

No, and no.

Also no.

Why do you care then?

Trolling much?

:laugh:

Let's end this stupid debate - i only called Infinity01 out on this bullshit statement:

Wondering if the response time is linked to total money deposited ingame

Let's simply assume that there IS INDEED a good reason why MA didn't move some people yet (whatever that reason may be, but surely not the one infinity01 provided).

Furthermore, it makes little sense to hire additional staff just in case a bug might require this - instead, MA should spend the money on FIXING bugs, or better yet, TESTING the shit they deploy beforehand.

Everything else is just splitting hairs, simply because you didn't like one of the potential explanations i've offered - and honestly, it pisses me off that some people are unable to just take anything at face value and demand an explanation for every single word - that's just debating for the sake of having a debate.

Got too much time? Have a wank, watch a movie, read a book - but stay away from internet forums when you are bored.

Let's end this stupid debate - i only called Infinity01 out on this bullshit statement:

...simply because you didn't like one of the potential explanations i've offered - and honestly, it pisses me off that some people are unable to just take anything at face value and demand an explanation for every single word - that's just debating for the sake of having a debate.

Got too much time? Have a wank, watch a movie, read a book - but stay away from internet forums when you are bored.

Yah... we'll end it.

I'm not trolling, I provided perfectly reasonable responses to your posts in this discussion... which, I'll remind you, started between us with this:

And this has been ignored, too:
What in EU is SO urgent that it needs a 24/7 support?

And... I'll visit internet forums whenever I want, thank you very much. :laugh:

Yah... we'll end it.

I'm not trolling, I provided perfectly reasonable responses to your posts in this discussion... which, I'll remind you, started between us with this:

Good thing you didn't quote nor comment on THAT part of my post:

Furthermore, it makes little sense to hire additional staff just in case a bug might require this - instead, MA should spend the money on FIXING bugs, or better yet, TESTING the shit they deploy beforehand.

It could've revealed that you were fighting a losing battle all the time... ;)

And... I'll visit internet forums whenever I want, thank you very much. :laugh:

So you admit that you were just being bored? :laugh:

No, it's fine, don't pick it up again! :D

They better fix the bug this patch. I didn't know it was coming. Was in the middle of space when I got the message "server going down in 5 minutes"

Why the hell can't they give the usual 30 minutes warning for this? This is the second time I've been screwed by getting caught in the middle space, not close enough to anywhere to land and log, when the 5 minute warning came up.

They've been updating on Wednesdays recently. If it had only been Wednesday, I might have checked the forum before I went up. Clearly, they gave good notice on the forum (or else how did Neil know?)So why not in-game?

Grrrrr

Back