Swamp/sweat camp

I have to disagree with this part: Sweating is and always has been MindForce and that is something you do with your mind (enhanced and focused by the implant (and chip if needed)) so it makes less sense to use a machine to do it and still get MindForce skills :scratch2:
Isn't an implant and a chip a machine? Never really understood the need to use the implant inserter just to use powers that your mind is giving you... other than as a way for MA to have you have to put a little more cash in to the game to use the MF tools.

Isn't an implant and a chip a machine? Never really understood the need to use the implant inserter just to use powers that your mind is giving you... other than as a way for MA to have you have to put a little more cash in to the game to use the MF tools.

MindForce always had a extraordinary eco even considering the decay of the implant.

The implant enhances the MindForce users connection to the world around him (from which he draws his power) and the chip focuses the power in the correct way to cause the intended power to happen.

At least that is how I always have seen it :dunno:

MindForce always had a extraordinary eco even considering the decay of the implant.

You mean extraordinarily bad eco, right?

Nope. The plain eco (leaving out the MindEssence Markup which is irrelevant to MA) was always really good. It changed when they introduced synthetic ME, I agree.

Nope. The plain eco (leaving out the MindEssence Markup which is irrelevant to MA) was always really good. It changed when they introduced synthetic ME, I agree.

Yeah, so it used to have good eco but not now, sadly :(

I just wonder why they decided to make MindForce so much less eco on average than guns and melee tho :scratch2: I mean its not all about attacking, but those chips that are combat should be able to compete with other combat types in eco at least, right?

They wanted more money :wise:

No need to update or add new sweat camps tell you can make sweat worth something..its hard as hell to sell it anymore..we dont need new camps tell we can sell it

For once i will give MA a mission to see how they creative they are.....

PLease MA respond..

Take fort Argus it has always been a lot of ppl there just 1 day after VU 10.0 enter it has been like a desert there.

Way.!!!

If they can solve this, I am sure they also can create a better environment in the game.

My idea:

-A few Shops like them in Celeste Quarr on Arkadia.
-Molisk,Argonaut... near the Camp.(Young,Mature)or Higher lvl ones for Team Hunt.
-Create a Building,Swamp Camp HQ where u can Get all Missions.

That's what i have in Mind.
Regards,
Jason

PS: Ty that u want to Hear our Ideas:woot:

I hope you will be nice to the newbies at the new Orthos Oil Field...

I think you should keep the swamp as it is (really good visually), but mabye remake the hills next to it so that they are more swunting friendly and flatter.

My main isssue with sweating as it is now is the stupid tool. Sweating is supose to be mind force imo. I loved swamp camp pre VU 10.QUOTE]

:wise:

I am actually not going to change Port Atlantis or the swamp camp over there at all.

Personally I would prefer another location to be the starter area, as I think PA is a bit to much to take in all at once for a new player and can be pretty confusing (even to old players).
I am currently working on a new city better suited for newbies to possibly be used as a new "arrival area", with less long distance running, easy access to terminals, mobs, teleporters etc. The plan is to have this new swamp camp located close to this start area and to also have a spawn of a tougher mob nearby, to encourage a mix of players of various levels.

Maybe you will even see the return of some long lost mob...:yup:

PA pre-VU10 was a perfect place for a new player to start you had a bustling trading TP close by, sweating mobs to the south and a later on swamp camp came into being to the north - which was a nice idea looking back.

Let's face it, you completely nerfed PA as a viable trading area with the new PA "design" (clusterfuck would be more apt) so I suggest a location close to Twin Peaks would be the ideal location for newer players to spawn considering it is now the only trading area on the planet...

btw get rid of that sweating tool and bring back the funky sweat tribal dance :sweat:

PA pre-VU10 was a perfect place for a new player to start you had a bustling trading TP close by, sweating mobs to the south and a later on swamp camp came into being to the north - which was a nice idea looking back.

I always avoided swamp camp before VU10 because it was dark, packed and had those annoying pets blocking the way doing nothing, and often PA since I didn't have a good computer then and often got bad lag there :silly2:

I preferred the swamp camp we got right after VU10 (my favourite) and I'd love to see Port Atlantis be a mix of the pre-VU10 and just-post-VU10 styles as the current one has horrible layout that is simply confusing and time consuming to navigate :dunno:

Also, the first post-VU10 Port Atlantis cliffs were awesome to fly around with the VTOL :cool:

Let me quote my own post from one old thread:

A proper Swamp Camp:

1. Close proximity to a newbie spawn zone (the old spaceport) and to a popular trading zone (the old PA).

2. At least 3 types of low level (not only puny) mobs with a good spawn density (Daikibas, Combibos, Snablesnots, Exarosaurs from puny to lets say an occasional provider).

3. Swamp type of terrain + some rivers, streams and possibly a lake.

The two first Swamp Camps (the original one and the one with a lake) were successful.

As it is now, the Camp is most of the time deserted (ie a failed design) because newbies prefer sweating near the turret by Port atlantis gates, because puny mobs go dry too soon, becuase more experienced newbies don't have enough mature to provider maturity mobs around it, because old players rarely visit to heal and to chat etc etc...

People of many levels simply don't have a reson to go there.

Most probably the biggest problem here is that MA terrain designers have 0 experience at playing this game and have 0 desire to listen to what WE want.

One possible and very easy to implement solution would be creating an island with an exact copypaste of the oldest and the most popular Swamp Camp and call it a "Pre Impact Port Atlantis Area Museum" and put a newbie spawn zone and a teleporter somewhere at most 1 kilometer from that island...

The best thing about the old SC was the interaction between people of all levels - i even remember ubers like Star visiting SC from time to time when i was a lowly newbie sweater in 2007.

So to rephrase: a place attractive for sweaters and low level hunters, with fast and easy access for veterans, a place that would look alive and crowded - a true center for many different activities including chatting and making friends.

Let me quote my own post from one old thread:

So to rephrase: a place attractive for sweaters and low level hunters, with fast and easy access for veterans, a place that would look alive and crowded - a true center for many different activities including chatting and making friends.

There is actually a new swamp (not on the PA area) that might be good for low level hunting and sweating, just watch out for the Caperon...

My main isssue with sweating as it is now is the stupid tool. Sweating is supose to be mind force ... sweating pre VU 10 was a great way to relax ...

Well... the thing is that dancing around with animals isn't very sci-fi:y and since this game (at least planet) is supposed to be science-fiction inspired i like the new tool more. Maybe though they could make it so that you don't have to aim it at the mobs and that would make sweating once again more relaxed (which is something i also miss).

Sorry for OT

I hope you will be nice to the newbies at the new Orthos Oil Field...

Where is that?

There is actually a new swamp (not on the PA area) that might be good for low level hunting and sweating, just watch out for the Caperon...

For Isis is very nice indeed and has lots of punies. But also some graphics bugs around the rteleporter, and lots of strange, empty rooms.

Yes, Fort Isis could be the new swamp, but why oh why the big building, and the trees all in the clear area?

A little outpost, in the middle of a flat area would be better.

Still, a step in the right direction, it has a TP, which is usefull.
But I think when it gets crowded there, it's not going to be pleasant, as it's pushing everyone into 1 spot.

I'd say it would have been better without the Medusa looking building, but thats only my opinion :)

Oh, and wheres the caperon :)

Had a look, but obviously not in the correct spot :)

Fort Isis is OK, but I dont think its really well suited to be a newbie zone for the following reasons:

1) How are new players to know about it? There should be quest chains pointing towards the area that gradually lead them there.
2) The area is rough on my machine. My machine is no cream puff computer. With 32 GB of RAM to pull from, a 2 GB Video card, and a Phenom 965 BE processor I should not be having any problems. Yet I find myself running at a sluggish 20 FPS in most areas around Isis. I shudder to think at what someone with a more average machine would experience. I have not tried it on my work machine yet.
3) Again too open ended once they arrive. Theres nothing to engage them in the area. The new islands were great because of the various quests all around. Not just grinders, but explorers, plot, etc. New players are still discovering EU, and they need to discover it in the game. Not on a website outside the game.
4) It feels empty.
5) Whats the point of Ft Isis? Why is it here? As a vet I ask myself what the story of this place is. A newbie really wants to know.

I didn't like with Fort Isis that it felt like the teleporter was "down in the pit", and though the building reminded about the Medusa mall, there were no televator to get up (if you jumped down). The teleporter was also hard to find if you didn't know where it was as it's hidden under a corner of the building. Someone else had problems to find the terminals. I think I found terminals there but I can't remember where lol.

Another thing that puzzled me was the three NPCs, of which none spoke a word to me. Apparently one is for the 10k stage of the puny hunt mission (which is started at sweat camp), what the other two does I have no idea about yet.

The Caperon can probably be a spice to the sweating mobs (dunno if it's supposed to be), but other potentially more aggro mobs might be good to keep on a distance from the fort itself. Also not sure if Maffoids are supposed to be close to fort ot if they remain there from "before the fort", but as it is feffoids and not maffoids that carry a mission, not many mid-level players will go there to hunt them I guess, and they're too tough (regen and HP) to be killed by newish people.

Also, I don't like buildings that doesn't serve a purpose, that you can't really go inside and explore - like finding the "office" and the animal exhibition in the science center in vu 9 port atlantis. This also applies to Fort Cayuze.

The building at Fort Cayuze felt a bit pointless until I found the cave behind it - like a smugglers' cave. I didn't see any underwater base there, but the patrol boat with the lights at the Leviathans is cool (please don't too many junkmobs when hunting leviathans...).

Yes, Fort Isis could be the new swamp, but why oh why the big building, and the trees all in the clear area?

A little outpost, in the middle of a flat area would be better.

Actually, when I was looking for Fort Isis by randomly driving around in the swamp, I looked carefully on the ingame map and spotted a place where I thought it would be. So I went there, and found ... a little outpost! (It's a bit south of Fort Isis if I remember right).

Maybe that outpost could be the new "camp phoenix" :laugh:

Last edited:
I checked out Ft Isis and I like it. Yea, it's a copy/past of Medusa, but it's still cool looking.

Now for the gripping.
-Needs a televator or even winding stairs between upper and lower level.
-Not sure if it's the dev's intention is to have this be a "sweat camp", but if it is:
The density and re-spawning need to be scaled back just a bit. I spend way to much time just keeping mobs off my back I get very little sweating done. before i can even turn back to start sweating again, another mob has spawned nearly on top of me. Combs take abt 10-20 mns to solo sweat (depending on lv) and I expect to get ambushed once or twice during that time, but every 45 secs is just too much. I spend almost 100 rounds (with a stock opollo) just trying to sweat one comb. Even punies, which sweat relatively fast, I often have to stop and kill an ambusher, or kill the sweating mob itself before I'm done.
many times I couldn't sweat at all. before you can kill one ambusher there's at least one, sometimes two jumping on you. It's great if you're a lazy hunter you doesn't ever want to go find a new mob, just spin around on auto-shoot, but this really sucks for solo/small group sweating.

My main response is that i'm baffled why MA/FPC has wasted so many resources (re)*designing PA/sw[eat,amp] camp. Just baffled. So many charming areas from pre-CE2 have yet to be brought up (back?) to their unique ambience, and yet PA gets turned from a basic flat, walled city that was at least utilitarian and friendly, to a somewhat excessively hilly but awesome, futuristic place with glowing bridges and towering cliffs, to a cheezy Vegas maze of useless space, where no one can find the main TP and there's no good place for a "market". (Maybe there was something else in between that i missed, too?) I think a rollback would be a better bet than a redesign...

Anyway, confused rant aside, as this is about swamp camp in particular, I don't visit much but it seems inferior to the previous version with the lake and the stable on the way. I predated swamp camp, but the combibo hills around PA, the snable mounds north of Atlas Haven, and the right-at-the frontier feel of Camp Phoenix back in '06 were in many ways better than anything I've seen around now for ambience for newbies. I don't think it's a good idea to completely isolate the newbies from higher mobs (i.e. around PA and the swamp camp). Also, ffs remove that silly "level" thing from the mob labels. For the type of player who derives some excitement from experiencing the unknown, it's a complete forfeiture of experience. It also dumbs down the game in an unnecessary way for everyone and reduces mobs to just a number.

PS An arrangement where it's not too hard to drag in a spider now and then can bring a lot of excitement.

ETA Yes please on bringing back tool-less sweating. Chanting and gyrating and drums and the whole lot. :laugh:

Back