The Future of PVP??

To move the discussion forward, what do you propose should be done about this, crazy?

well i guess with the mind set and maturity of some of the people doing this, and agrement between the players will never work :D

so only mindark can do something about it.

as i said before

handfull of people at rig all day, only decaying the few who still go there

or 20+ maybe 30+ people blowing the shit outa each other

what would you rather see?

If you dont like it that your vehicle is being decayed in PVP... WHY DIDNT YOU USE THE "RECALL VEHICLE" BUTTON???????????? MA made this option and it's your OWN decision to keep your vehicle there like its some good secured parkingspot... and yet you come on forum to whine about it???

Read all the posts and understand what you talking about before you make comments like that please :)

You're the one who clearly doesn't understand. Sitram get's it perfectly.
In this case, your enemy not only want's to kill you. They also want to keep you out of their territory.
You, are going into a war zone, and then you're mad because you enemy's tactics are plain better. I do understand your pain man. Nobody likes loosing. But, it is what it is. They are not breaking any rules. Just using a feature of the game mechanics.
What will come next? Your opponents dodge too many of your shots, hence you waste too much ammo?

I started this game in 2005 and i started to pk just a few months after because it was exciting / fun, i got to compete with other participants not just grind mobs gaining skills, this in turn made me want to get stronger skill up, upgrade my gear kept me excited about the game.

After vehicle vu its started to change now when people lose they start to figure out how to ruin it for the winner by wasting the persons ped card and with these flame throwers that is auto-fire u just hold down the button and it decays at a speed of what 80 attacks a minute,
u can call it tactics whatever but in the end it have a negative effect on pvp, and that in turn will have a negative effect on the economy people will not buy the guns and armors the hunters sell for markup and the crafters make and in turn gives the miners higher markup for there ores. I hardly pk anymore because of this and this has in turn made the game less interesting for me and probably made me deposit less.

Simple solution... don't use vehicles if you go in to pvp! :)

TP chips do still exist you know.

not only vehicles

another person who not reading all the posts to understand what they are talking about before commenting :D

I started this game in 2005 and i started to pk just a few months after because it was exciting / fun, i got to compete with other participants not just grind mobs gaining skills, this in turn made me want to get stronger skill up, upgrade my gear kept me excited about the game.

After vehicle vu its started to change now when people lose they start to figure out how to ruin it for the winner by wasting the persons ped card and with these flame throwers that is auto-fire u just hold down the button and it decays at a speed of what 80 attacks a minute,
u can call it tactics whatever but in the end it have a negative effect on pvp, and that in turn will have a negative effect on the economy people will not buy the guns and armors the hunters sell for markup and the crafters make and in turn gives the miners higher markup for there ores. I hardly pk anymore because of this and this has in turn made the game less interesting for me and probably made me deposit less.

well said gunzy

someone with a lot of time in game who understand what this thread is about making a sensible and justified comment :)

< Missing the times with the old oil rig with the bunkers, and the fun Rig wars between 2 teams (except when Star came, then we all tried to kill him :rolleyes: ).
I suc at PK, but I stayed up all night when I should goto bed and spend a shitload ped just having fun.

(Gunzy know what I'm talking about :) )

There was also some trashtalking but it was all in good fun and sports. When the winner was clear there was some friendly chatting at the rig (and the occasional gun that go off by 'accident' :laugh: )

I guess these times won't come back, but I'm glad I took part when they were there.

There are now 2 really powerfull PK socs, (I like some guys in both soc and dislike some guys in both socs as well.) But from the game and fun point of view I think it was better when there were 10 socs with some good PKers instead of only 2 that have only have each-other as opponent. With always the same 2 soc. vs each-other you get these kind of non-stop harassing.

I don't want to but if tomorrow I would need to choose another soc. it wouldn't be one of these 2.

Last edited:
Then i suggest you to kill players ingame ASAP when they want to decay you :wise:

it not only vehicles, but also your armor, many low skilled players at the rig, they dont even try to kill you, but just use flame thrower on your armor to decay it. And not only low skill players doing this.

I just took video of vehicle being decayed to show whats going on now, but its not only vehicles people decay.

so you are complaining about armor decaying in pvp?!?! simple solution - don't wear the armor - instead use a gun that one hit kills, or stay out of the range of the flame throwers if you do go in with armor...

or better yet, stop going to pvp zone all together. If you can't stand the heat, don't put yourself in to the oven when it's set on broil.

It's all just tactics. You might want to develop some of your own.

MA put in the second rig. If you can't take the big boy rig, maybe try kiddie sandbox?

< Missing the times with the old oil rig with the bunkers, and the fun Rig wars between 2 teams (except when Star came, then we all tried to kill him :rolleyes: ).
I suc at PK, but I stayed up all night when I should goto bed and spend a shitload ped just having fun.

(Gunzy know what I'm talking about :) )

There was also some trashtalking but it was all in good fun and sports. When the winner was clear there was some friendly chatting at the rig (and the occasional gun that go off by 'accident' :laugh: )

I guess these times won't come back, but I'm glad I took part when they were there.

There are now 2 really powerfull PK socs, (I like some guys in both soc and dislike some guys in both socs as well.) But from the game and fun point of view I think it was better when there were 10 socs with some good PKers instead of only 2 that have only have each-other as opponent. With always the same 2 soc. vs each-other you get these kind of non-stop harassing.

well said
+rep

what the oil rig used to be like

any1 disagree that this is what it should be like?

or are we happy to decay from now on? :)

so you are complaining about armor decaying in pvp?!?! simple solution - don't wear the armor - instead use a gun that one hit kills, or stay out of the range of the flame throwers if you do go in with armor...

or better yet, stop going to pvp zone all together. If you can't stand the heat, don't put yourself in to the oven when it's set on broil.

It's all just tactics. You might want to develop some of your own.

MA put in the second rig. If you can't take the big boy rig, maybe try kiddie sandbox?

what about turek's picture, page 1 post number 4?

is this good pvp tactics?

You tell us... You are doing it yourself :lolup:

forget the mob train part, watch the whole video

epic battle

very cool stuff, i think everyone enjoys a huge battle like this, stop people from going to there beds as drdoom said :D

epic battle

very cool stuff, i think everyone enjoys a huge battle like this, stop people from going to there beds as drdoom said :D

No No No... dont turn around... :scratch2:
To me you are like this:

- I cant win in PVP
- Let me decay them!
- Oh they don't care about the decay
- Let me put my vehicle out and let then decay it while i make a video about it and post on forum and point to others as the bad guys.

To me you are like this:

- I cant win in PVP
- Let me decay them!
- Let me put my vehicle out and let then decay it while i make a video about it and post on forum and point to others as the bad guys.

this is not about me, or any other indiviual or about one soc alone

this about a widely used at shitty thing that is going on in pvp zone across the game

if you wish to talk about me 'crazy' being shit or what ever in pvp plz start your own thread.

thanks

crazy

My solution: get rid of vehicles and flamethrower in pvp :) Flamethrower is too fast and too easy to aim with. You can decay with mann too, but its harder to aim with atleast.

look this guy kicking ass

on no one flame him :wise:

uninstall the game until they make a change :wise:

Reactions: SHY
To me you are like this:

- I cant win in PVP
- Let me decay them!

Wow, it's exactly this !! Crazy and belza couldn't won, we were too powerfulll for them, so they stopped to fight, they removed armor and was just running with pitbull to make us wast ammo.
And Crazy told us that they will show to all people how we fight and this is the result.

You will observe the angle in the video from my side or general view.

Crazy, you just had your answer with decay, and if you do it again, you will have the same response.

First, learn what is respect in PK.

Wow, it's exactly this !! Crazy and belza couldn't won, we were too powerfulll for them, so they stopped to fight, they removed armor and was just running with pitbull to make us wast ammo.
And Crazy told us that they will show to all people how we fight and this is the result.

You will observe the angle in the video from my side or general view.

Crazy, you just had your answer with decay, and if you do it again, you will have the same response.

First, learn what is respect in PK.

this thread is not about induviduals or societys

if you want to talk about me and belza not good at pvp please start another thread.

im seeing a pattern emerging

very clear the pro decay camp, seem they are all affiliated in some way i cant quite put my finger on :D

epic battle

This will be hopefully my last post in this thread. If I have offended someone in the previous posts I apologies it wasn't my intention. :beerchug:

My statements on this topics:
1. Vehicles shouldn't be used in pvp zone because the vehicle system is unbalanced for pvp fights. -> yet you use them and I see nobody saying anything about this in this thread. I would consider this as unacceptable behavior on your side, especially since you make a reference to old pvp style, yet you clearly abuse of a faulty system to gain an advantage. Just like that guy used a small flame thrower to decay your armor, you used a vehicle to avoid getting killed and landing in the middle of the fight.

2. No weapon should be banned from pvp zone. You don't want a player to decay your expensive pk armor with a lower dmg gun, kill him before it reaches you. If you can't then it's YOUR OWN FAULT! I remember ppl used to fight pvp battles with justifier MK-2 and nobody complained. Now you want to restrict certain weapons from pvp zones and if we do that, my question to you is: Where do we draw the line to what weapon to be banned and what to be kept?

3. Before making such threads which clearly comes out of some frustration, it's good to take a step back and think again. It's easier to point the finger, harder to offer a viable solution.

Now i am a complete noob pvper. And not ashamed at all ;)

But this thread confuses me.

If i went to pvp in a vehicle i would "expect" my vehicle to get shot at. I thought that was the whole point of pvp, shoot anyone and everyone in site. In or out of a vehicle. Regardless of there being oil there or not.

(and i wouldnt be upset by it, it is pvp after all)

Rgds

Ace

This will be hopefully my last post in this thread. If I have offended someone in the previous posts I apologies it wasn't my intention. :beerchug:

My statements on this topics:
1. Vehicles shouldn't be used in pvp zone because the vehicle system is unbalanced for pvp fights. -> yet you use them and I see nobody saying anything about this in this thread. I would consider this as unacceptable behavior on your side, especially since you make a reference to old pvp style, yet you clearly abuse of a faulty system to gain an advantage. Just like that guy used a small flame thrower to decay your armor, you used a vehicle to avoid getting killed and landing in the middle of the fight.

2. No weapon should be banned from pvp zone. You don't want a player to decay your expensive pk armor with a lower dmg gun, kill him before it reaches you. If you can't then it's YOUR OWN FAULT! I remember ppl used to fight pvp battles with justifier MK-2 and nobody complained. Now you want to restrict certain weapons from pvp zones and if we do that, my question to you is: Where do we draw the line to what weapon to be banned and what to be kept?

3. Before making such threads which clearly comes out of some frustration, it's good to take a step back and think again. It's easier to point the finger, harder to offer a viable solution.

you still dont get it!

is not the weapon, the armor or the vehicle

its the intention of the person to decay, not to kill

is it really that hard to understand?

Now i am a complete noob pvper. And not ashamed at all ;)

But this thread confuses me.

If i went to pvp in a vehicle i would "expect" my vehicle to get shot at. I thought that was the whole point of pvp, shoot anyone and everyone in site. In or out of a vehicle. Regardless of there being oil there or not.

(and i wouldnt be upset by it, it is pvp after all)

Rgds

Ace

the point is this

these people try not to kill you

they decay you

no intention of killing you at all, they would happily stand there all day and decay your armor or vehicle, heal you and repair your vehicle and carry on to decay

killing you they dont even consider doing this lol

I have to agree with ermik, DrDoom and (even though I hate to admit it) foudil as well. The PVP as it used to happen at the rig 4 years ago was nothing compared to what it is now.
Ever since the introduction of L armor and later vehicles, determining who wins at the rig isnt a matter of who actually holds the rig or dies the least. The winner is he who makes the biggest financial damage to the other party. And ofcourse, in the end both parties will claim to have won. The one with the decayed vehicle will say the other guy lost more in ammo than his decay is, and otherwise.

you still dont get it!

is not the weapon, the armor or the vehicle

its the intention of the person to decay, not to kill

is it really that hard to understand?

I consider it as a war strategy.

Instead of a decisive blow to the enemy they attack their defenses, slowly wearing them down, lowering enemy's morale.

Seems to me the strategy is working. :laugh:

It's a valid strategy in war RL so I don't see why it should be considered as an unacceptable behavior in EU? :scratch2:

I consider it as a war strategy.

Instead of a decisive blow to the enemy they attack their defenses, slowly wearing them down, lowering enemy's morale.

Seems to me the strategy is working. :laugh:

It's a valid strategy in war RL so I don't see why it should be considered as an unacceptable behavior in EU? :scratch2:

so you fully support this shit

this is a computer game, not a real life war, you need to seperate real life emotions from this

is just a game for fun

this tactic is purely to ruin peoples fun

but guess you are all for that lol

the point is this

these people try not to kill you

they decay you

no intention of killing you at all, they would happily stand there all day and decay your armor or vehicle, heal you and repair your vehicle and carry on to decay

killing you they dont even consider doing this lol
PVP means PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER. It does not necessarily mean to PLAYER'S AVATAR KILLING PLAYER'S AVATAR.

Since pedcards and decay are a part of the game, and you purposefully chose to go in to pvp with a vehicle that can have decay caused on it there's nothing wrong here.

You put your item that can decay (the vehicle and your armor) in to an area where other's can add decay to it. That's something you chose to do.

It's kind of similar to if I chose to drop some items on the ground outside of my estate and I get the big message that others can pick up the items if I do that, I can't complain much if they actually do go ahead and pick the stuff up. If you don't like the heat, stop playing in the kitchen.

Back