The Limited Debate

I replace the original text with something more usefull

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
:)

Yes, that could. However, it has some problems namely availability. If we could somehow solve that other solutions may not be needed.

Availability is an issue because it can prevent people from playing. It can essentially cause people to take mini breaks if they can't find the item at the price they are willing to pay. Which is not good for players or MA.

If the guns you used would be 120%, maybe more ppl would hunt the mob that drops it unlike now :D

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
Problem is that there are not enough guns on auction. There are not enough guns dropping and at the same time crafting has been altered to give less succesfull results leading in less guns, and other gear being crafted.

The question is why doesn't mindark or the planet partners react? both should already know the state of the game atm. Even the CLD roi shows the lesser activity. The number of crafting and mining players on ET are low. Even the number of hunters are low concidering the 10ped globals.

Is this a new strategy? Is it all just a test to know where the boundaries are? Or did it really not reach MA headquarters? Where are the communtiy managers? charlie|mindark last posted on june 28th, that is before the holidays.
Kim|mindark posted on august t6th, he didn't receive any news yet. He has yet to come back on this. His last login stands from today, so it is unlikely that he doesn't have a clue about the state of the game.

So, what is happening? I catched a glimps of a rumor too sinister to speak about, so lets discard that one.
The only thing remaining is that MA will fix alot of these standing issues in the next VU; and not telling us now in fear we might wait to play till then.

Anyway; I hope the september update comes soon. We all know that loots cannot be adjusted without going offline. Sad thing is, that they did in the past put the systems offline when there where problems with loot, but they did not do it this time around.

We just have to wait and see I guess.

'Smart' ppl hunt for markup
There used to be a lot of scip hunters who camped there but they ALL stopped with it.
Ask yourself why
Look at what avg mu was & what it is now
That's why there's a lack of redeemers on auction, add to that the fact that some ppl TT the 101-103% guns..
If ppl like George would pay 115-125% for the redeemers ppl would camp scips again & he wouldn't be short on L guns

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
Seriously, if you're gonna state that there are GAPS in gun progress then we are done talking..
I come from the era where it was opallo+104 or korss/p5 & everything up was basicly unaffordable unless you did like me & depo 10k ped/month :D

Interesting thread. I do like the new guns but, like others have said, is the lack of the new guns dropping. Case in point, igni 1200. I busted my butt to get to that lvl and now I can't even remember when I have seen one on the auction. I changed to carbine, the lc-240 to be exact and now they are becoming scarce because the eomons are gone and I guess they were the only mob that dropped them, I don't even know what mob drops the 1200. I have almost reached the lvl to use the igni 1210 but here again there seems to be less and less of them on the auction. Chomppers drop the 1210 but it appears no one hunts them much, at least I see very few glbs for them and hardly ever see one that is high enough to contain a full (TT is 216) 1210. On top of all of that my loot drops have been awful and gbls are practically non-existent in the past 10 days so I couldn't afford one of those anyway.
I really don't mind depoing but not every day.
Coz

If the guns you used would be 120%, maybe more ppl would hunt the mob that drops it unlike now :D

120% mark up may be good news for you but there are a few problems with this:
* 120% is bad news for the people who play within a limited budget. They may not be able to afford a gun at 120%. They are effectively driven away from the game.
* The ones who do buy at 120% are more likely to be making a loss, as they are unlikely to make up the shortfall from loot returns even with markup

So 120% essentially benefits the few and places the users of these weapons at a disadvantage because cost to play for them would be high. If we are interested in everyone rather than the few then this situation is not good...

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kri
Lets just say one thing MA keep talking about his "balance" all these (L)-items have just created the game's biggest unbalance where MA make money of it.:wise:

120% mark up may be good news for you but there are a few problems with this:
* 120% is bad news for the people who play within a limited budget. They may not be able to afford a gun at 120%. They are effectively driven away from the game.
* The ones who do buy at 120% are more likely to be making a loss, as they are unlikely to make up the shortfall from loot returns even with markup

So 120% essentially benefits the few and places the users of these weapons at a disadvantage because cost to play for them would be high. If we are interested in everyone rather than the few then this situation is not good...

So you say the maxed UL users should hunt & sell L stuff for 102% & end up with a 8-10% loss when hunting untaxed?
I'd say that benefits the L users too much ;)

The problem is caused by competing interest.

• We want to have UL items, but that is not good for the crafting and the economy
  • We want to be able to find items, both UL and L, in the loot. But that is not good for the crafting either.
  • We want to have a system that rewards higher skills, but that system have a negative effect on the use of UL weapons and benefits L weapons

I think we need more attributes on the weapons to be able to find a solution. For example, each weapon could have a quality attribute. High, standard or low quality. Looted L weapons could get a low or standard quality, but crafted L weapon could get High quality. High quality would give some benefits to the hit rate/damage and the low quality weapons would give a small penalty.

I think we need more attributes on the weapons to be able to find a solution. For example, each weapon could have a quality attribute. High, standard or low quality. Looted L weapons could get a low or standard quality, but crafted L weapon could get High quality. High quality would give some benefits to the hit rate/damage and the low quality weapons would give a small penalty.

This already exist in terms of different ECO (dpp). High quality weapons are very eco to use while low q have very bad eco....

Comon Rick, do you really think so?

Ah yes... you said that you will never pay more than 5000 PEd for any item in EU...
But this is not a reason to misrepresent facts.

THERE ARE ways to be 10/10 at levels lower than 100 - this is something called Unlimited SIB.

Do you know how much MU you 'lost' in L gear last year (or any other time period)?
When I'm back on my other PC I can check how much I saved by using UNL SIB instead of L.

In response to what I said "I run limited as only way to be 10/10 hit ability"

I've never trusted SIB personally, because it doesn't give you full power. Sure you're supposed to get bonus skill, I never felt like I got much extra skill when I tried SIB years ago.

I think the benefits of running a completely maxed gun, out weighs any other so called benefit MA might suggest.

For the last say 3-4 years, I've run completely 10/10 hit ability and had the best results I've ever had. Ironically it was not so much the choice of weapon that made the difference, rather the choice of mob.

I feel I have more success hunting with the biggest gun I'm skilled for on the biggest mobs both for my skills and the weapons I can handle. In fact if I ever go to low mobs I get screwed. Similar to what smigs used to say using his "iron crap" rant every now and then.

All that makes sense now, I wish I would've been brave enough to move away from atrox, ambuls and feffs years ago.

The MU thing is interesting. If I ever benefit from MU (sale of guns at say 120% or ESI's), the system seems to want it back, if I spend and buy a new limited guns or faps I appear to get rewarded. Is this the system balancing?

Maybe years ago the game let you keep MU sold on limited items, but I strongly believe any MU associated with limited bought or sold is corrected and balanced back. On the view point the correction happens too often to be a coincidence.

Lets also look at comparison, I shoot a LC-60 with no enhancers I general get 100-120 damage a shot on average with a A105 attached.

What sort on money would I need to invest to get a gun like that? 50K peds I bet.
Now if lucky I can loot 50% of the LC-60's so only paying MU up front of 50% of the guns.

Lets say MU is not returned on L. I probably lose 60 ped per full new LC-60 gun and 35 ped per UR125. Sure that is a lot of MU, if MA pays 90% and you have to make up the difference.

But the real issue for me is, to buy a 50K gun I would have to deposit for it. Because I never got a break and hit really big. I don't want to depo $5000 mate for a weapon, got kids to feed. My GF would cut my nuts off.

edit: Although point of my original post was: would I risk getting my nuts cut off, if there was clear undeniable proof there was a "massive" benefit with unlimited weapons. If there was new lootable things, or access to other areas. But where does it stop, then depo $10,000 for a fap.....then $10,000 for armour. It would be very hard to justify to my family or myself.

Rick

ps: may I say thank you to all replies and keep them coming keep chatting, makes a change to use the forum for debate rather than mostly sales threads.

Last edited:
I did actually profit hunting maffoid and feffoids using opalo+104; you actually could hunt the mayority of the mobs back then. You could take down a ambu with two amped opalos team.

And don't get me started about the korss; if they bring the korss back I'll be a happy hunter. naked hunting longu with amped korss and getting a small esi every 800ped, that was MU times for every player. With that korss I even killed chomper young; ambu and I did even hunt aurli with it before the steroid buff.

Thing is; now their isn't an equivalent for those even. If I hadn't chipped out; I would be happy to hunt the ambu and used the guns I looted from them.

Too be honest, we used to think we had it hard in the old times? You could unlock BPC with a 100ped budget; you could skill up fast with an amped opalo and an eco most uber didn't have. You could use a korss for the bigger stuff and really, what was the biggest HP for a non event mob?

neconu and hogglo dropped the top stuff; MM from a goku; many mobs dropping vigi, a very nice armor at that time.

Have you tried hunting anything less then 1k hp lately? talk about shitty MU; everything goes 101%. The nicest items go 102% lol

If I got the chance to go back to 2007 ingame I would; I'dd take the rubber banding for granted. Atleast, when tired my ava could sit on the ground. Peds were shinny in loot and hides and wools actually had MU.
there weren't a million crappy items that only sell in piles you never reach, for 103% MU if you can find a crafter that needs it. There where no mobs spawning up your ass. You could walk from tp to tp without planning in advance and having a survival guide.
You could paint with 20 cans; and it was possible to for people to get something painted black. Okay, you din't had vehicles, but you didn't have a terrain like now. ME was expensive, but new players actually had a chance to explore and taste the game; and many ended up staying and depositing.
You could find good mob spawns outside of LA's; you could hunt aurli's untaxed; you could get items in loot on a newb mob. You could even tame mobs. You didn't need a state of the art graphics card to play. you could have fun with the stacking bug or sitting slide.
You could outrun mobs, and you wanted 24agility asap to be able to outrun an atrox young. average ROI was better and you found people all around, not just in a few event places like now.
You didn't have quests and still people had fun. We had fantasy, created goals, wondered about the stuff in the world. the umbra camps, the strange dings at shinook, the thorifoid temple, the big thing in the desert I callled the loot tower.
don't get me freaking started about all the fun we had. A ship in new oxford was talk of the town, we had avertisings ingame and some art stuff. we build castles in the sky, litterally, with the placing bug.
We had people skilling MF, very expensive at the time, just for fun. We had wormwholes to the rig. We could kill spiders in team with opalos or fists; we could do so much less, and still so much more back then. At any rate; bring me back to that game. We still had a dream to become uber then. Now the ubers have the dream of being able to sell their skills. btw, remember the generic skill implants; the time when skills weren't capped; the times clothes looted from mobs. The times of veins in mining. The time when you dreamed of being able to kill a dasp; the time when shogun was tt food and molisk dropped many teeth and fools dropped bones, and yes, non sib guns were uneco. everything was uneco. everyone was uneco and that made everything more even. If you used an MKII back then you had a bigger average loot then now. And you had a chance to skill up and reach uberdom given enough time.
Now, for a new player; shooting constantly; it would take 3 years 24/7/365 contantly shooting to be lvl100. it would take how many ped in chips now?
So, yeah, lets go back to that time. we did have high hopes and would be sad if PE could seize to exist but we didn't think about that, we had fun. Now, people have low hopes and big investments; and there is fear EU will stop to exist and people will lose alot of money. every frigging LA owners fuck each other for events and charges for services. people more busy with reselling, CLD's then actually playing the game.
Their was once a community, teared apart by planets; there where actually people like marco who where liked by the community. There was so much that didn't exist in other games.
Now, EU looks and feels like a clone from any other MMO, with the added frustration about money, investments and crap. We used to pay 15ped to go to an astroid and it was buzy place. Now, we have lootable space seperating us in groups on planets where population so thin you'dd swear you play a single player game.

So yeah; lets go back in time and have fun. Let's go back to a time you could loot a tango from a thorifoid (aia still tries to loot one I guess); to a time where argo's looted shadow, improved fap from molisk, jungle stalker from a merp young. A time where you could get a dante bp and NOT sell it to someone who controls the market till today. a time where a warrior could drop an a106; and you could kill a warrior with a korss and plated vigi. where mobs were so slow, range was key. Where ubers whinned that people trapped mobs to shoot them. A time when the biggest whinning was about lag and rubber banding. a time when being uber ment your soc could win an LA. a time where noobs formed a line at the rig to get oil and being shot afterwards. A time there was still opportunity.

So yeah, for fuck sake, take me back to PE where we were looking at the great future. Now in EU we are looking back at the great past.

I must say that I agree with you about the old days as it did seem that I had more fun back then, however I think your memory is a little foggy. Why would you use an opalo+104 ?? That cuts the eco down to 1.6xx and makes no sense. I am not sure how you hunted longu naked as the least HP is 42 and when I started, in 2007, a snabbie young could kill pretty easily. And really a chomper with a Korss. Even with an a104 your dmg was only 51 and a chomper young had 2110 HP and did dmg of 132. Even now with a lc-60 with an A104 (150 dmg) and 205 HP and 45 evade I still can barely kill a young without a frapper. I really not trying to bust you balls even though it may seem that way because most all of what you said I really do like so don't take it personal I just think your memory is a little foggy as mine get from time to time.
Peace;
Coz

The full-L economy has been tested, it works fine. Why shouldn't it if it copies the reality better?

In EU we're used to items that last indefinitely, so we can't see any more that it's a total nonsense.
Put this unrealistic element into your system and u have to invent equally unnatural balancing mechanisms. A vicious circle.

The original concept of L was actually repairable, but not indefinitely. Kinda half-way between EU's L and UL, more realistic than either of them.​
I'm sure MA would have never created any UL items if they would got the L idea sooner. By the time they finally borrowed it, it was already too late.
UL had become a Holy Grail, investment, status symbol and whatnot...
A serious business is built on trust, and needs a certain stability. MA couldn't simply throw UL stuff out of the system. I'm sure they weighed this option but realized it's too risky. So they they had to adapt.

If I was MA I would buy up all the unlimited weapons out there so L was the standard. I would then start dropping different L weapons that had lower tt value but last ALOT longer ( LL , LLL ) making them an uber nice loot to get from hunting tough mob.I would increase L weapons that require combo skills like rifle/blp or pistol/rifle. Load new weapons with unique sound and visual damage. Over all I think they need to continue with lower cost L items period so your entertainment dollar feels like it has more value. Increase the fun factor and they make more profits for everyone.
Oh one last thing I think would help is item chains. Items that require you to loot several parts before you can use them and you gain them buy gaining higher skill levels and hunting the mob that drop them and you cant buy the parts you have to loot them yourself or craft them, the items could be anything from a sight glass/binoculars to a taming whip to a collection of armor apartment furniture , etc etc etc .

Last edited:
Last idea was to include new L hunting weapons like blow darts , cross bows , spears, duel pistols.

There are two major problems with (L)-items.

1.They are expensive to use an active hunters can save between 20-60k per year peds with that with a use of a non (L)-weapon only justify the purchase of non (L)-weapon.

2.If you find an (L)-weapon that suits you, you can never be sure that you always have it when you feel to do some hunting and when it suits you.

Need not say more why it is better to use non (L)-items, then there may be a reason to use (L)-weapons if MA has manipulated the loot so the (L)-weapons gives better loot.
:wise:

Here's how Mindark could make better economy with more (L)imited and (T)emporary UL tools:

1. Larger % of the weapons, tools etc. should be craftable.
2. Larger % should be Limited weapons, tools, etc. Also there should be perks to use (L) e.g. more eco.
3. New series of weapons, tools, etc. should be always better than the already existing in terms of dpp, eco, dps, range, lower req. lvl, speed, pvp dmg etc. This would mean that everything is temporary even MM's, Mod Faps, etc.
4. Economical hunting should result better loot than uneco, let's say 105% tt return at max.
Skilled crafter should get better return. Mining should remain as it's now, with small mining revamp which I think is already coming + constant balancing actions.
5. There should be library of weapons stats ingame, where you could easily see what you have maxed and where you have SIB going.
6. Auction feature for ordering Limited weapons and tools WITHOUT CHARGE. This would benefit crafters, as they could see the demand.
7. Looted (L) weapons should be those 1 ped guns which last very long, maybe make them 1-20 ped.
8. Remove the market history.
9. More special effect items such as Thorifoid Helms.
10. Hunting tools over prof. lvl 100.
11. Mindark making a vision, (telling it to us) and STICKING INTO IT (making only small twists)!

Get rid of the L stuff. Go back to UL and just make it so there is a random chance for the item to break. Get rid of the flat pay to win (given the opportunity to be uber without having to play is just plain stupid!). The thing that gave this game it's start is - everyone was on equal footing - which no longer exists (just had to earn the skills to use anything). I could go into the story of how this worked back in the golden days but it would be a long story of how avs used to play.
With the idea that your item may break at any time (wish the peeps that ran this game had some kind of foresight) it will control the value of all items. It will support the crafters as well as the avs that supply the materials for all items. Drops will always continue as all items can be left for balancing with the destruction rate and the number of avs playing. In other words the game would have a real economy if these ideas would be applied.
So I guess what I'm saying is FUCK "L" stuff.
Sorry I know a lot of peeps would have issues with these ideas - but anything would be better then the way we're going now.

(wish the peeps that ran this game had some kind of foresight)

Sir, they have more than you do. Sorry.

And, wtf, UL stuff breakable.... "LMAO, bought Mod Fap yesterday, now it doesn't exist"... Sir, you're suggesting something which is similar to Limited, but more crazy.

Sir, they have more than you do. Sorry.

And, wtf, UL stuff breakable.... "LMAO, bought Mod Fap yesterday, now it doesn't exist"... Sir, you're suggesting something which is similar to Limited, but more crazy.

If you would have had to pay tt+1 for that fap would you be singing the same tune? I see talk about comparing this to real life - however do durable goods actually last forever?

If you would have had to pay tt+1 for that fap would you be singing the same tune? I see talk about comparing this to real life - however do durable goods actually last forever?

So you would remove markup, economy and investments... how would that work. Sorry, I don't see how this could make the game more profitable for high-end players, mid-lvl players nor beginners...

So you would remove markup, economy and investments... how would that work. Sorry, I don't see how this could make the game more profitable for high-end players, mid-lvl players nor beginners...

I take it you don't think an even playing ground is not fair because you have more $ then anyone else. The ability to get a profit is more important then having fun?
I have fun playing this game and the only reason I care about the money is that it is required to keep playing (and that is not always true); however I've learned to play according to my budget. The funny thing about budget back in the golden age you could play for a month for 20-30$ (and hunt whatever you wanted) - maybe not come out ahead but you sure had a lot of fun trying.
Sorry your beliefs are pure capitalism which has failed throughout history but good luck with the idea that money is everything.

It may sound terrible but may not be so bad for the game as a whole. Something like that could phase out L altogether. Could have a few niche weapons I suppose that can be used in repair terminal as now without any additional extras.

I've also been using L recently but find availability of gun that I want a problem. L weapons are of no benefit to most players or MA so I think a case can be made for their removal. If they are removed it would affect people like kikkijikki who craft L weapons which is why something like adding a crafted material for repair would be useful. The solution tries to accomodate everyone, it would be bad to leave crafters in a terrible situation.

Like welding wire . Erm oh well why not....

I have fun playing this game and the only reason I care about the money is that it is required to keep playing (and that is not always true); however I've learned to play according to my budget. The funny thing about budget back in the golden age you could play for a month for 20-30$ (and hunt whatever you wanted) - maybe not come out ahead but you sure had a lot of fun trying.

How you afford UL over L? And, I agree that Entropia used to be more fun in the past, but I think it doesn't have anything to do with (L).

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
Back