Question: The new gold rush

Complaining is not bad in itself, especially if it comes under the form of constructive feedback.
Complaining is bad when avatars that are "playing" for 5-10-15-20 years without changing much or anything. Don't fall into that category. Don't be those guys. Those guys call it either gamble or fully broken because they refuse to understand there is some hard work involved as well.

Back when I was trash noob I refused to join the crowd of people that were whining that "the same ubers win every time", "same ubers loot the cool stuff every time" and I always thought - ofc they do, they are the most active and it means the game is not actual gambling but requires some dedication and some strategy. There are very little people who think like this and they're quiet most of the times and focused on their goals.

A good read how a poor geared, non/low depo player, in bear armor, t7 or t8 m83, mediocre buffs, went hardcore and got a good placement in an event with only 10 spots, where xtlc1000, terminator and other much better setups were competing as well:

Don't join the forever victim crowd. It's not doing you any good, you're setting yourself for failure before you even start anything.

I have no idea if I can get a placement in the top nowadays, but the joy and excitement for competing is priceless.
If you have a handfull of people who are the top players who got there by putting in the time and effort and still do the same. then add a handfull of top gear that thos players managed to get and make it that less then thos top players can even be placed, there might be a miracle chance to still get a placment somehow.

In this competitions mining part my gear would actualy let me do exactly that, let me mine for a placment by putting in more time with a lower setup/bankroll but by refusing to fix my gear to actually work like the description says that chance gets completly destroyed. uneless they plan to reduce all gear performence by 12%+ of description its no longer a competition between players based on strategy and game knowledge but based on who MA likes more.

All my excitment about a mining event got destroyed by this event format so far that no event would be better then this.

hmmm, is 1 mob = 1 point or is there points like 1 kill can give 5000 points?

Yes. My point was different tho. Its practically impossible to tell if its a bot with sleep roll function, or its a human, by looking at ms per/between actions. They will do the same, almost the same way (simulation of arbitrary pressing).
You can find patterns that match the players actual behaviour as well to make a profile and use to map against what may be happening when using a bot/macro. There is actually games that do this. They can then match the profiles against known bot/macro use for those who built their profiles only using bot/macros. There's tons of ways to catch this stuff but as mentioned, MindArk really don't care because it's literally these folks who pay their salaries.

^^ Even shortish observation of avatars from day to day throws up differences in what might be them for real and them botting. I've not worked out which is which for some, but some players seem to have a very poor playing awareness that doesn't set them much apart from botting - just different...
The profiles can show that it's a different player, or a bot, on the same avatar, yes...

You can find patterns that match the players actual behaviour as well to make a profile and use to map against what may be happening when using a bot/macro. There is actually games that do this. They can then match the profiles against known bot/macro use for those who built their profiles only using bot/macros. There's tons of ways to catch this stuff but as mentioned, MindArk really don't care because it's literally these folks who pay their salaries.
You cant imagine amount of resources you would need to profile everyone. And even then, every variable can be subjected to randomized modifier. Only thing they would see is action x took something between y and z, which would be in "average" range for a human. Because bot owners would evaluate it based on the same data as game developers would.
Practices you describe are very archaic. Current botting is way ahead of it, and accelerating each year.

Last edited:
Will be a good time to sell off those Shrapnel bp's .

Has the Gold Rush dates changed since Halloween Mayhem has been extended to the 13th?

Now MA couldn't possibly contemplate that now, could they?
Although the Cyrene event did get stopped and then restarted later, but I think the Goldrush was more intentionally backed onto the supposed end of this other event, however. I'm more than happy to be wrong and for the rush to start on, when, Monday?

Thank you Arkadia for extending the event to miners.

Please work on the economics as well, such that the high amp MU and underground/moon tax can be paid to some good extent with MU gained.

New nice crafting opportunity using Arkadia ore/treasure/enmatter can help.

A x150 powerful amp built using varous Arkadia treasures can be one of the ideas.

BP can be won during Goldrush to help crafters as well.

More chance of finding amp material in mining also helps (ore/enmatter/treasure).

Categorizing mining competition and adding more UL items to the find can also help.

All the best.

Last edited:
To be honest, I don't really see the issues with this event.
Yes it is an event for the ubers. Completely agreed.
But to be honest, I like that. I'm only 240k skills, which is very low for the time I'm playing the game. So the chance of me ever becoming an uber is close to 0. But still, it's events like these that I look forward to. All Mayhems used to be like this. Back then I would totally agree that it's not fair, cause it's a handout to the ubers. None of the others had a chance, completely true.

But all Mayhems have been changed, now everyone can get those top guns (if you spend enough to buy the twen tokens, or if you spend enough hours in the game to hunt that many tokens. But it's logical you need to do 1 of these 2. You can't expect a handout of pro items to someone who doesn't put much time or money in the game. That would be a lot unfairer + dumb on MA's side, cause it's still a company that needs to pay salaries & server costs etc).

If now all the events would be like mayhem, then there also would be no point in trying to become an uber. What goal do we still have then?

So I think it's good that the majority of the events now are open to all, but a small amount is still just for the ubers.

This way, there is something for all type of players. Us, the lower people, have a chance on getting something in other events, while the ubers focus GoldRush. (And we also dream of GoldRush someday).

Perfect balance imo.

Also, it's not cause you're not an uber that you don't stand a chance. I've been hearing from everyone that I stand no chance in Cat 3. I did 3 runs now, but I honestly think I have a score that might have potential to win a prize. Allthough I have no clue how high the top scores will be. Might as well still be way behind, if I'm just underestimating everything. But hey, I tried, I had fun. And I had a 17k HoF today, so I'm happy anyways :D

underestimating everything. But hey, I tried, I had fun. And I had a 17k HoF today, so I'm happy anyways :D
Blah blah blah, your feeling nostalgic and grateful and making a fluffy post because your in the best mood of your life. Get these happy posts out of here, join the rest of us complainers.

Also, I see your rank 233 of 4200 hunters. nice, definitely not uber :)

Last edited:
To be honest, I don't really see the issues with this event.
Yes it is an event for the ubers. Completely agreed.
But to be honest, I like that. I'm only 240k skills, which is very low for the time I'm playing the game. So the chance of me ever becoming an uber is close to 0. But still, it's events like these that I look forward to. All Mayhems used to be like this. Back then I would totally agree that it's not fair, cause it's a handout to the ubers. None of the others had a chance, completely true.

But all Mayhems have been changed, now everyone can get those top guns (if you spend enough to buy the twen tokens, or if you spend enough hours in the game to hunt that many tokens. But it's logical you need to do 1 of these 2. You can't expect a handout of pro items to someone who doesn't put much time or money in the game. That would be a lot unfairer + dumb on MA's side, cause it's still a company that needs to pay salaries & server costs etc).

If now all the events would be like mayhem, then there also would be no point in trying to become an uber. What goal do we still have then?

So I think it's good that the majority of the events now are open to all, but a small amount is still just for the ubers.

This way, there is something for all type of players. Us, the lower people, have a chance on getting something in other events, while the ubers focus GoldRush. (And we also dream of GoldRush someday).

Perfect balance imo.

Also, it's not cause you're not an uber that you don't stand a chance. I've been hearing from everyone that I stand no chance in Cat 3. I did 3 runs now, but I honestly think I have a score that might have potential to win a prize. Allthough I have no clue how high the top scores will be. Might as well still be way behind, if I'm just underestimating everything. But hey, I tried, I had fun. And I had a 17k HoF today, so I'm happy anyways :D
would you look at that?

not an uber, still participated in the event and had a good time, and even got a nice HoF out of it!!!

glad to see some positivity for a change, and grats on the HoF man :)

would you look at that?

not an uber, still participated in the event and had a good time, and even got a nice HoF out of it!!!

glad to see some positivity for a change, and grats on the HoF man :)

And just for the record, I already enjoyed it before the HoF :p so it's not just the HoF that made me happy. Was about 5k down before the HoF, and for me it was still fun because:

1. I wanted to see how I compare to others (as I said, I'm not an uber, but I do have very good gear, so lets say: sub top :) )
2. I like events like mayhem etc, because it's the best time for skilling. 100% skill pill on, autoloot, some other pills, and just press F every 10-15 seconds, while able to chat in between, of minimize screen for 10 sec, and finish an email.

Perfect for lazy people like me to catch up a little :D
But I won't lie, the HoF made it extra fun ofcourse :D

And depending on how far behind I am, I may not join in next year's gold rush. if it turns out those ubers get double of me... Well, then I know it at least that I stand no chance and then I skip it next time. But doesn't mean they have to delete the event.

A better alternative however, would be to have 2 events at the same time. Where 1 is competitive, and the other is more of an event for all. Both sides happy.
But I guess that's wishful thinking :p

Back