Question: The new gold rush

If you can't grind for it, you can buy it. In other games only those who spend ridiculous amount of time and money are on the top, you are asking to make this a chance event where noob with opalo can win top prize ?

Please help me explain how you got noob with opalo from my post that was 100% about time required..
breathe buddy and R.E.A.D

Please help me explain how you got noob with opalo from my post that was 100% about time required..
breathe buddy and R.E.A.D
Sure i suggest they change the event specifically tailored to your RL obligations, and make it so you can win the top prize just by being active 30 minutes/whole event, because for competitive gamers such as yourself, 1 hour would be too much of competition.

Instead of arguing here, you should make plans according to your time and money available, to get most out of this event. Provide nanocubes, provide crafting materials for crafters, provide mind essence or whatever to miners, or look for the opportunity to take markup somewhere else while big shots are COMPETING.

Sure i suggest they change the event specifically tailored to your RL obligations, and make it so you can win the top prize just by being active 30 minutes/whole event, because for competitive gamers such as yourself, 1 hour would be too much of competition.

Instead of arguing here, you should make plans according to your time and money available, to get most out of this event. Provide nanocubes, provide crafting materials for crafters, provide mind essence or whatever to miners, or look for the opportunity to take markup somewhere else while big shots are COMPETING.
YOu are alive Sulje, felt like you were absent for a while :D

this event is DIVISIVE and not INCLUSIVE.
Competitions are not really inclusive. If the bar would be raised to 450 for cat 4, you will have quite a few of the top dps weapons doing lower category. Now it's going to be more for tryhards.

I get what you're saying that you would have liked to do lower cats for a bit but I really like the fact that after AFK arenas in Mecha Lupines, cyrene public spawns, Molochs and Halloween Mayhem, Arkadia stands out of the crowd and demands active play time for their event.

At least for the hunting part of this, it's hard to see why this isn't just a handout of high value items to the small number of players who already monopolise the best gear. There is no point in me competing for the prizes.

Is there anything that might motovate me to participate? Skill pills in the loot, maybe, or new mob/codex?

Adding to the topic of the post, I also believe gold rush is very bad designed they did not take in consideration a lot of factors, they should have think better the categories and the mobs levels, I am barely over 200 health and don't feel I can kill those really high level mobs...also it is not only that but HP in entropia is actually hard to gain and every point comes with many other skills so the categories just feel throwed in there to be.... without much planning behind it or even thought.Calypso mayhems are simpler and reward everyone, even Cyrene mayhems are ok !And yeah since I plan to buy a new gun I was actually thrilled to try it on Arkadia, until I read those joke categories, how to place it in simpler words, whoever made the gold rush just sucks, there is no sugar coating to it.Something like, let us throw 100 hp in there, not much on paper BUT there is a huge difference between a 210 hp player and a 299 hp player, maybe Arkadia event planers should play the game a bit before just throwing everything in a chaotic way like that :cussing::cussing::cussing:

Last edited:
When i started the game if you didn't had gear you couldn't kill anything. Now when everything is accessible people still complain. My dudes a mod fap was 300-400k, mod merc 250k.
"Oh its easy for your to talk with a mod nano" - I pulled this nano starting with 0 tokens/0 rares without opening boxes and 100k weapon investment.

MindArk only allowed them to have a certain number of MAKO available so they were forced to make this number of categories and because anything more than a copy/paste from the already in game event system is too complex for MindArk to implement (categories by HP) they went with what they hoped would be the easiest format to achieve.

It is truly too much to ask that MindArk code something properly. I'm ready to laugh when even this simplicity has issues and the impending drama and controversy ensues.

MindArk only allowed them to have a certain number of MAKO available so they were forced to make this number of categories and because anything more a copy/paste from the already in game event system is too complex for MindArk to implement (categories by HP) they went with what they hoped would be the easiest format to achieve.

It is truly too much to ask that MindArk code something properly. I'm ready to laugh when even this simplicity has issues and the impending drama and controversy ensues.
Everything will be fine in UE5.

When i started the game if you didn't had gear you couldn't kill anything. Now when everything is accessible people still complain. My dudes a mod fap was 300-400k, mod merc 250k.
"Oh its easy for your to talk with a mod nano" - I pulled this nano starting with 0 tokens/0 rares without opening boxes and 100k weapon investment.

I always says mayhems are basically ped giveaways by MA, and now, mayhem with twen tokens included are ped raining in instances.

If you can't grind for it, you can buy it. In other games only those who spend ridiculous amount of time and money are on the top, you are asking to make this a chance event where noob with opalo can win top prize ?
What's wrong with some RNG, apparently it's a handful of players competing and everyone else observing because they know better.

Hopefully some big markup from the people who THINK they can compete. I’ll be grinding regular mu items and being happy about the economy being hopefully in the best shape it’s been in until the end of twen

you should make plans according to your time and money available, to get most out of this event. Provide nanocubes, provide crafting materials for crafters, provide mind essence or whatever to miners, or look for the opportunity to take markup somewhere else while big shots are COMPETING.
this should be stickied for every single event in EU. its important to look further than the tip of your nose. the markup opportunity with this type of events is massive for everyone. of course, if you choose to play the event by simply grinding the instance, you will be competing against the best of the best, in which case you better come prepared.

i sure as fuck am not ready for this kind of grind, so ill take the route Sulje suggested...

I get what you're saying that you would have liked to do lower cats for a bit but I really like the fact that after AFK arenas in Mecha Lupines, cyrene public spawns, Molochs and Halloween Mayhem, Arkadia stands out of the crowd and demands active play time for their event.

It's an instance, how will this require active game play?

It's an instance, how will this require active game play?
If you use melee and want to maximize dps, you will need to hunt actively.

If you use melee and want to maximize dps, you will need to hunt actively.
It's not a difficult task to add another keybind to the macro in order to switch weapons to a tagger based on your average killtime or monitors game chat for loot events then switches or uses OCR.

It's also not hard for MindArk to monitor input logs for patterns, like keypresses happening every X miliseconds apart or other patterns in keypress inputs, like keypresses that happen between x miliseconds and x miliseconds and never exist outside of that range... and take appropriate actions against those accounts.

Unfortunately for the average joe, those are the ones paying MindArk's salaries. As the saying goes, you don't bite the hand that feeds.

There are only 4 solutions to this situation.
1. You invest either your time or money to compete with them by using the top gear and third party programs.
2. You let them reap the rewards and try to find a way to support them thereby carving out some profits at the expense of adding to the problem.
3. You pressure MindArk to change their business model to adjust for more players instead of just a few. Unfortunately this is harder to sustain from a business standpoint.
4. You quit and move on with your life.

It's not a difficult task to add another keybind to the macro in order to switch weapons to a tagger based on your average killtime or monitors game chat for loot events then switches or uses OCR.

It's also not hard for MindArk to monitor input logs for patterns, like keypresses happening every X miliseconds apart or other patterns in keypress inputs, like keypresses that happen between x miliseconds and x miliseconds and never exist outside of that range... and take appropriate actions against those accounts.

Unfortunately for the average joe, those are the ones paying MindArk's salaries. As the saying goes, you don't bite the hand that feeds.

1. You invest either your time or money to compete with them by using the top gear and third party programs.
2. You let them reap the rewards and try to find a way to support them thereby carving out some profits at the expense of adding to the problem.
3. You pressure MindArk to change their business model to adjust for more players instead of just a few. Unfortunately this is harder to sustain from a business standpoint.
If you are swapping weapons you might be doing it wrong

This requires 12 hours of Min/Max dps ...If someone attempts to "bot" and or automate this hunt...the will lose
This is all about competitive full max dps (all 15mg pills, crit scopes, limited and or best amps available all out pushing), crit gear, making sure your not having to heal instead of shooting for the kill events etc...figuring out if getting out at 1hr intervals to use pills so you don't lose downtime, or use pills in-between pulls and keep going ... is running down the stairs more time consuming then just staying in and not having more spawns... If this was what mayhem is then automation wins.....this is a competitive event
Now i still believe its broken.... as even myself I'm not sure i even stand a chance against a t10 mod nano...and there's 2-3 of them in game and then those guys have friends ready to use it for there attempts... so yea there's that
But i will give it a go - we still don't actually know what they "changed" with mobs or anything else at this time

Some people in all 4 cats I guess ... and some who have behaviour outside your 'only 4'.

I'm mostly cat2 but I seriously dislike profitting from adding to the problem.

I haven't bought a single box key from the shop because I think there should be ways, possibly at a set mu, for purchasing with peds. But enough presumably do a workaround of withdrawing peds and then depoing again or genuinely depo...

Cat3 is so very much a falling on deaf ears category, but I know of no competition out there with more of what I believe in. My guess is they even have a playbook for what to screw up and when in order to justify an event extension, so there's a fat chance of anything win:win:win happening...

Why are people disappointed they have small or no chances at the top spots in a highly competitive event? You don't have to participate in all the competitions in your life, just choose the battles in your life you can win, for which you are well prepared... even if it's a battle with selling most MU you ever sold...

A lot of people already started preparations, this is till RCE and it's not always about the top place. For the top place you have to work your ass off, one way ot another. It's RCE and there will be a TON of markup to be made on the one that will want to participate in ALL forms starting from fruits and sweat. If you are sad you cannot compete, make some PEDs at least and mprove your avatar and maybe one day you will be at the top of your category.

The event looks pretty cool, it definately won't be a handout but a fierce battle in all categories on all 3 professions. Last time there was an event like this I wasn't even lvl 40 in anything....

People should really stop finding reasons for everything suck and start finding where they can really perfom and get a favorable angle otherwise it's never gonna happen...
Life sucks but it can't be that bad all the time, you have to be positive and you have to do some work of you want thins to get better and things will get better 100%.

I'm grateful there are still folks at MA that think of bringing back higher level competitions and pretty happy all professions are involved, as you asked all year long... just find your angle.
It is a competition in a RCE where they include bugs and refuse to fix items that dont work as intended.

I dont see why complaining about a competition event where they activly select the group of people who are alowed to competit for the top spots should be bad in any way.

Definitely going to give everything a look over on Arkadia during this event. It looks a bit daunting in terms of competition because what others have stated about alts, bots, and time to play. I suppose its worth testing the waters to see if its worth my time and PED or see if there is some other option outside the event to boost my bankroll. I still have some attributes that are close to triple digit so I was planning on another Arkadia trip for that. If the risk is far greater than the reward I can chase codex on Next Island and boost my attributes a lot faster since I haven't been there since it first became a PP.

Ahhh the choices...

There is a function in coding: random time xxx ms. (or sleep x based on roll).
Basically what it does is: it rolls a dice before each action and "waits" that amount before next output.

Unfortunate for those of us who live in the real world. O well, the people of the Caribbean will appreciate the extra spending money.

There is a function in coding: random time xxx ms. (or sleep x based on roll).
Basically what it does is: it rolls a dice before each action and "waits" that amount before next output.
It would still need to be within a range to continue to the next target without adding downtime in between or changing targets prematurely and adding to regen/decay.(likely based on the average kill time).

It would cost all of $5 on Fiverr to have someone code that up. Although most macro users are simply having it press F on 1 second intervals.

MindArk doesn't care, it pays the bills. There's other ways to code things on their end to stop macro use or more advanced bots but they won't. I bet if anything they implement a macro system in game in UE5 akin to Star Wars Galaxies. Then everyone has the majority of the functionality (obviously there will be some who use external programs to fine tune the in game macro system as well).

It really is a case of "if you can't beat em, might as well join em". Hell if you do go down that route at least you could try coding it yourself and maybe learn a new skill in the process. Windows scripting is pretty easy in many languages. Then maybe you land a better paying job that's work from home and you can run the macro on a side computer while making money from another one that you can then invest in better gear and compete with the others for prizes who are currently doing the same.

I dont see why complaining about a competition event where they activly select the group of people who are alowed to competit for the top spots should be bad in any way.
Complaining is not bad in itself, especially if it comes under the form of constructive feedback.
Complaining is bad when avatars that are "playing" for 5-10-15-20 years without changing much or anything. Don't fall into that category. Don't be those guys. Those guys call it either gamble or fully broken because they refuse to understand there is some hard work involved as well.

Back when I was trash noob I refused to join the crowd of people that were whining that "the same ubers win every time", "same ubers loot the cool stuff every time" and I always thought - ofc they do, they are the most active and it means the game is not actual gambling but requires some dedication and some strategy. There are very little people who think like this and they're quiet most of the times and focused on their goals.

A good read how a poor geared, non/low depo player, in bear armor, t7 or t8 m83, mediocre buffs, went hardcore and got a good placement in an event with only 10 spots, where xtlc1000, terminator and other much better setups were competing as well:

Don't join the forever victim crowd. It's not doing you any good, you're setting yourself for failure before you even start anything.

I have no idea if I can get a placement in the top nowadays, but the joy and excitement for competing is priceless.

I have no idea if I can get a placement in the top nowadays,
really you have no idea? i think you have a small chance at least :)

It would still need to be within a range to continue to the next target without adding downtime in between or changing targets prematurely and adding to regen/decay.(likely based on the average kill time).
Yes. My point was different tho. Its practically impossible to tell if its a bot with sleep roll function, or its a human, by looking at ms per/between actions. They will do the same, almost the same way (simulation of arbitrary pressing).

Back