Question: The new gold rush

A dps event in a game that limits the amount of highest dps weapons to less than 20 players. Doesnt seem much of a competition, more like handouts. Those that dont have the highest dps in the game dont stand a chance and there are no alternatives, no (L) gear can match tier 10 mod nano in a pure dps competition.

Deleted a wall of text and instead will just say that there's only like 16 people and their alts that should even bother with this.

To everyone else: Do us all a favor and don't support event formats that are absolute garbage for the community at large.

Thought ark was on the redemption path but how can that be when so ignorant of negative player sentiment that has been building towards this development style with zero integrity.

Very disappointing.

Best of luck to those in cat 4 - fortunately those of you who are unable to find a spot in the top 5 can recoup your losses by taking prizes from cat 1-3 with your alts :ROFLMAO:

not a troll post
luckily there are twen tokens for consolation.

Why are people disappointed they have small or no chances at the top spots in a highly competitive event? You don't have to participate in all the competitions in your life, just choose the battles in your life you can win, for which you are well prepared... even if it's a battle with selling most MU you ever sold...

A lot of people already started preparations, this is till RCE and it's not always about the top place. For the top place you have to work your ass off, one way ot another. It's RCE and there will be a TON of markup to be made on the one that will want to participate in ALL forms starting from fruits and sweat. If you are sad you cannot compete, make some PEDs at least and mprove your avatar and maybe one day you will be at the top of your category.

The event looks pretty cool, it definately won't be a handout but a fierce battle in all categories on all 3 professions. Last time there was an event like this I wasn't even lvl 40 in anything....

People should really stop finding reasons for everything suck and start finding where they can really perfom and get a favorable angle otherwise it's never gonna happen...
Life sucks but it can't be that bad all the time, you have to be positive and you have to do some work of you want thins to get better and things will get better 100%.

I'm grateful there are still folks at MA that think of bringing back higher level competitions and pretty happy all professions are involved, as you asked all year long... just find your angle.

What a terrible take. Dismissing people's actual comments. That ivory tower.

Why are people disappointed they have small or no chances at the top spots in a highly competitive event? You don't have to participate in all the competitions in your life, just choose the battles in your life you can win, for which you are well prepared... even if it's a battle with selling most MU you ever sold...

A lot of people already started preparations, this is till RCE and it's not always about the top place. For the top place you have to work your ass off, one way ot another. It's RCE and there will be a TON of markup to be made on the one that will want to participate in ALL forms starting from fruits and sweat. If you are sad you cannot compete, make some PEDs at least and mprove your avatar and maybe one day you will be at the top of your category.

The event looks pretty cool, it definately won't be a handout but a fierce battle in all categories on all 3 professions. Last time there was an event like this I wasn't even lvl 40 in anything....

People should really stop finding reasons for everything suck and start finding where they can really perfom and get a favorable angle otherwise it's never gonna happen...
Life sucks but it can't be that bad all the time, you have to be positive and you have to do some work of you want thins to get better and things will get better 100%.

I'm grateful there are still folks at MA that think of bringing back higher level competitions and pretty happy all professions are involved, as you asked all year long... just find your angle.
I mean, leaving out everyone above 300 HP except maybe around 20 players in the game that would actually have any chance of placing in top 5 seems like a poor way to run the game to me.

The format is shitty, there's a reason MA did away with it already for Mayhems.

index.php

I mean, leaving out everyone above 300 HP except maybe around 20 players in the game that would actually have any chance of placing in top 5 seems like a poor way to run the game to me.

There are tons of constructive feedback the teams could use for sure and lots of things to improve!
I'm just happy to see competitive events coming back. Sure a lot o people are casuals or even mad they can't afk-win it but the game never really awarded or encouraged wearing shitty gear for the win. Now this is actual work and not a gamble.

Some time ago there was only one weapon that was winning top 5 places in liek 10 categories, now at least there are a lot more weapons and people have their own gear :D

Just soft cap HP and profession limits and then players can instead pick whatever category they want to participate in with the appropriate gear and survivability. Then it just comes down to strategy, bankroll, commitment and who you know with the BIS gear haha. It's not perfect but its better than what is currently offered in the format I think.

There are tons of constructive feedback the teams could use for sure and lots of things to improve!
I'm just happy to see competitive events coming back. Sure a lot o people are casuals or even mad they can't afk-win it but the game never really awarded or encouraged wearing shitty gear for the win. Now this is actual work and not a gamble.

Some time ago there was only one weapon that was winning top 5 places in liek 10 categories, now at least there are a lot more weapons and people have their own gear :D
Another problem is, they still haven't solved some of the fundamental problems to run this type of event, including the ability to use some exploits to gain an advantage. Another one of the reasons they did away with the old Mayhem format.

Another problem is, they still haven't solved some of the fundamental problems to run this type of event, including the ability to use some exploits to gain an advantage. Another one of the reasons they did away with the old Mayhem format.
I received 21 000 MTokens after MA verified use of Yog buff in all Mayhems. Wouldn't mind if they'll throw a Mako Dissolver or smth in my inventory after they check the buffs ppl used in Gold Rush ;)

as a wise man said once....

....i smell markup :)

Different social circles and all that but I think the vast majority of people would prefer that the game have competitive events, with integrity, that require active play.. it's arguable (factual?) that many people are casual and uninterested in big (or any) gear due to the current meta being illegitimate at the core.

The "shit gear" comment, could probably use some clarification also, as that doesn't really track.

Off the top of my head... a T10 mod nano+trauma5, base (0% reload), is something like ~2400/hr? A T0 LR-60 (L) with a mayhem amp is ~1000/hr? So it only takes 2.4 users using an lr-60 to match the cycle of a t10 nano.

I'm not saying an lr-60 (L) should win an event, nor that said category would have prizes equal to a mod nano category, but am using its DPS value (and other weapons with different values), to make a point that due to poor design choices there is the majority of players that are worth more income/cycle than the entirety of the nano populace combined being left out due to poor design choices - again.

So, yeah, to answer your question "Why are people disappointed?" It's because we see yet another implementation that excludes people that could've easily and happily partook even if their chances of winning were slim.

You say to invest in your avatar and maybe you will be at the top of your category some day - and therein lies the rub - there's plenty of people that wouldn't bankroll a nano even if it were given to them for free. Yet they are arbitrarily lumped into the same category as those who swing them on a daily basis.

They changed the categories after GR2021. They actively chose avatar maximum health rather than profession level requirement or dps of equipped gun. It isn't even to the benefit of the developer. It is disappointing (not saying GR2021 was any better).

Don't really know what else to say. It's important to get this feedback out there or eventually the straw will break the camels back and the only people left here are going to be spamming calytrade that they're trying to rent weapons X Y & Z so average joe can partake in events A B & C 😥

The "shit gear" comment, could probably use some clarification also, as that doesn't really track.
I am 300+hp but still wearing shitty gear aimed for 1000-1500hp mobs

I can't even shoot Lv 77 big mobs....

Also,
Yet they are arbitrarily lumped into the same category as those who swing them on a daily basis.
If you have over 300 HP you don't HAVE TO compete in a top event where top gear is needed. I suggest people try and make a profit from the whole thing not just refuse it all-together because they cannot participate.

Categories can be made better no doubt but I'm guessing there are limited resources on MA side and they can't produce new design for an event every season, they kinda have these to work with. No matter how many categories there are, having the absolute top DPS of the category (which is not easy nor cheap to achieve) will not guaranteed a win (or a handout) in such an event. More than that are needed but they can be learned and acquired over time with hard work and dedication but there will never be a category to match everyone's exact skill and gear...

If they didn't cap the dps, then ubers are just going to give their rings to alts and then pass around a non sib high dps weapons to easily win the lower categories. Cool prizes and stuff, but reload exploits and gear that isn't owned by the players the categories are meant for are going to make it nearly impossible for the people the categories were designed for to win.
yep sadly this the sentiment of the event

Do they even know what a "Gold rush" means?

It is supposed to give "HOPE" to EVERYONE

I am 300+hp but still wearing shitty gear aimed for 1000-1500hp mobs

I can't even shoot Lv 77 big mobs....

smh.... no hope
sorry kim I feel your pain for this event, I had high hopes myself

A dps event in a game that limits the amount of highest dps weapons to less than 20 players. Doesnt seem much of a competition, more like handouts. Those that dont have the highest dps in the game dont stand a chance and there are no alternatives, no (L) gear can match tier 10 mod nano in a pure dps competition.
Hate to say it but you are absolutely right, this event is for the handful of elite players for each category and their alts

Right, I don't think it's people just looking for a reason to complain it's moreso that there is an event that technically excludes majority of the players.

They should pull the plug, postpone event, and restructure to include all players as best possible.
Kinda sad to see such great gear reserved to a select few. I hear the showcasing of marketing goods to players that don't stand a chance, still defeats the purpose of the event. There are many great players that would surely devote the time and effort provided balance was in place.

Hopefully MA and planet partners notice the forum of resentment and unfortunate planning.

Last edited:

I agree totally. I am happy to see a mining event so seems someone reads forum.
Good job arkadia team and MA.

Sorry EVE, i dont care at all of rewards,
i am disappointed because i have to deal with level 55 monsters that are OUT of my comfort zone for PED PER KILL amount.
last gold rush was superfunny i killed level 7 magurg, collected a dozed of repeat ranks and some skill pills
to kill a level 55 monster i very much prefer to risk my ped in moloch depths or exploit the nice HP/Level ratio at fleshrippers.
the point is this

this event is DIVISIVE and not INCLUSIVE.
of course over a 12 hourws timespan the "local distribution" of points vanish and all becomes an average (way better forecast than actual halloween mayhem as we posted last gold rush where there was almost no error in points per hour achievable and just hacks altered the forecast made on math models)

if ARK dev teams just added a "enter whatever cat but if your hp are not aligned you will not get a prize at end"
i would enter cat 1 or 2 naked with leech rings and pay my PED tribute to the TT loss to collect some minor benefits

and this i think is the same thought of many others.

MOREOVER, this format was the reason for massive chipping out in November (i remember Eson and Kiki gifting skills and filling ESI (Thank you guys) to remain in certain old style mayhem categories.

Profit wise this can be a good move, Arkadia team bring in the game the massive volume players,
marketing wise it is a failure because most of players dont like the format.

also the bullshit about "crafting other items" do ark team realize that the ONLY resource that is available on an infinite basis is nanocubes and it allows to click 13800 ped per hour? there is not enough material to craft ANY other item and keep the race even if there is a 80% discount on EP4 rewards. and if there is the "unsellable" quantity to grind the event would kill every crafter with MU.

and you know i am not a whiner, just a number cruncher. yes it is a HIGHLY competitive event, and my ped card says "thanks but no thanks".

in the "gold rush" most profit is for who sells Pick and Shovels..... better craft some enhancers in the event for reloading ped card.

Also,

If you have over 300 HP you don't HAVE TO compete in a top event where top gear is needed. I suggest people try and make a profit from the whole thing not just refuse it all-together because they cannot participate.
No doubt you play a different game but EVERY 5 year old avatar has 300 hp even if killing puny
a 75 level monster (excluding a 1400 HP v0rtex) is in the 15/25 ped per kill
this means that to average out over 5k kills it requires 75.000 / 100.000 ped card
moreover even if Arkadia has historically lower regen and slower attack ratio it is not suitable for all people armor and need to bleed 20% MU leading to disruption of Ped cards.

this is why it is not suitable for everyone but high end full UL gamers that btw just intervene in the economy purchasing enhancers and pills.
(this is the reason for enhancers actual price, the burn ratio)

well. last post or i risk to enter the WOKE community. Kill em all, i will be codexing or in the moon instance, where abominations are level 14, no aggro and can kill naked with a 70 MA dps weapon :)

"*Explosive projectiles are still permitted, although they have substantial penalties, encouraging players to craft regular items that rely on resources provided by miners and hunters. This not only fosters a thriving player-to-player trade but also ensures that crafters enjoy a thriving market for their goods."

Let's see what they mean by "substantial penalties", but yeah, better visit RT for some nanocubes after next patch :laugh:
guess you can just craft those swords that take only iron xD

Many people were looking forward to this event... and not to sell shovels and pickaxes...

Good luck to all.. I will buy some more Solana instead.

So, I'm cool with everything minus the 10 attempts. x 12 hours.
Obviously, work, family, budget, newborn, life, and healthy choices have to be considered?
So I can maybe push out 3/4 full attempts (48hours) but someone that has 0 of the things I mentioned can push the full 120 hours in 17 days has 10 chances.

Why does it have to be 10 attempts. I know partner planets want their share too but this is a very high amount of hours to ask anyone that has anything going on outside of gaming all day. I'm not 16 anymore. So now wondering if this is something even worth doing as I cannot max out my chances.

Last edited:
no crafter can beat a EP4 clicker so also the competitors will be probably Kunrad and Chantra for craft.

my strategy for event is to codex on arakdia and sell all oils in form of nanocubes as advanced TT
Well if you would read what rules there are you would know that Arkadia devs has said Explosive crafters are heavily nerfed in the crafting event and the devs focus more points on items that are of use to gain points. So go and find out what item craft gives you the best points!

I fully agree! people should really zip it and just buy items from the ybers who wins everything always :D ;)

So, I'm cool with everything minus the 10 attempts. x 12 hours.
Obviously, work, family, budget, newborn, life, and healthy choices have to be considered?
So I can maybe push out 3/4 full attempts (48hours) but someone that has 0 of the things I mentioned can push the full 120 hours in 17 days has 10 chances.

Why does it have to be 10 attempts. I know partner planets want their share too but this is a very high amount of hours to ask anyone that has anything going on outside of gaming all day. I'm not 16 anymore. So now wondering if this is something even worth doing as I cannot max out my chances.
If you can't grind for it, you can buy it. In other games only those who spend ridiculous amount of time and money are on the top, you are asking to make this a chance event where noob with opalo can win top prize ?

Back