The post I don't want to have to post

Pioneer|SDS

Provider
As the title suggests, I really don't want to have to write this post. It is most likely the last post I will make.

The reason for the post, and the subject of it, is that I have been laid off. I wish I could tell you why, but I can't due to a bunch of NDAs. But it's not personal, and it's not due to bad performance, neither on my part or that of SEE Digital Studios. The reason is elsewhere. And that's as much as I can say about it, so don't even ask.

I wish I could say that I knew what will happen with Planet Calypso in the future, but I don't. I don't even know what my own future will bring, but I think everything will be alright in the end.

The thing that saddens me the most is taking my leave from my colleagues. We have been a tight-nit group that has produced content that we're really proud of, and I loved working with those guys. I hope they will be alright as well.

I want to thank you all for being such a wonderful community. You have pushed me into performing better and better, and because of that I am now a more competent person than I was when I started at First Planet Company two and a half years ago. Being the bad guy in your world of Duke Nukems has really been a privilege, and it is with great sadness that I leave you.

Best wishes and lots of love,

- Pioneer

Welcome to the land of 20% return

all the best for the future!

Last edited:
Your approach to the game and the community was a fresh and much needed one, your style and the skills you brought to the game will be sorely missed :(

All the best for your future ventures.

Best of luck m8 in the future.

GL in the future, best wishes.

Whos that guy? :0

Kidding, saw you once or twice lol.. GL in future

best of luck from me as well :)

Wishing you all the best for your future :) Sad to see your time here ending :(

Sorry to hear the news, thanks for everything and the best of luck for whatever you do from here...

Best of luck Pioneer!

You did a good job in here and I'll miss your straight way of talking.

All the best in the future. :cool:

Sorry to hear that, but GL in the future...

Mhm... does that mean you join us on the other side now? As a normal player? :laugh:

but...but...what about the egg?

Sorry to hear that, gl! :)

Sad to see you leave.

We (at least a few of us) liked you a lot for your direct and personal replies.

I wish you all the best!

I know if anyone could tell us what is / has been going on, it would be you Pioneer.

Like others have said, you'll be missed and I wish you the best of luck in finding new employment quickly.

duke-nukem1.jpg

Thanks Pioneer for all your efforts.

I think you were always one of the bright spots. Honest and direct, not too much bs. It was always very appreciated :)

Good luck in the future!

Like all your posts Pioneer, upfront, to the point, yet with the human touch.
You were a breath of fresh air.

My best wishes for the future, for yourself and your colleagues.

It has been great having you here Pioneer with your unique approach to the community.

Best of luck in all your future endeavours, may they be as fun and fruitful as your time with the people at the former First Planet Company.

I dont know if they are hiring or not but I think u would fit in with the Arkadia crew and u obviously have relevant skills and experience.

good luck!

Sad it came to this. Best of luck in the future Rx..eh Pioneer

Sorry to hear Pioneer. It is so wrong.

Anyways I expect you to join the normal playerbase now, it's not impossible ;p

sad

It's always sad to see good ppl leave
and it is terrible if you have to leave your collegues just like that.

May your future path bring you hapiness and satisfaction.
Naomi

All the best for the future, Pioneer.

Your post is much appreciated!

Understood that you can't say too much, but at least you've just squashed a good few rumours!

Many thanks for your cadour.

jay :)

Pioneer, thanks for all your hard work on Planet Calypso both under FPC and later SDS.

We at MindArk wish you and the rest of the former SDS staff the very best in your future endeavors.

Sorry to hear that, but GL in the future...

Mhm... does that mean you join us on the other side now? As a normal player? :laugh:

All those NDA's he had to sign probably prevent him from joining as a regular player even after termination, might be interested to know if the clauses are lifelong or time-restricted. But he probably is not allowed to answer due to the very same NDA's :(

/Slupor

Pioneer, thanks for all your hard work on Planet Calypso both under FPC and later SDS.

We at MindArk wish you and the rest of the former SDS staff the very best in your future endeavors.

Awww, don't you guys have a role for him? Great loss to the community :(
Uh, and did Skam give up her ava just for a temporary placement? hell, that really sucks if so.

jay

Ah, sry to see you go, would've preferred if you were staying on the MA team :(

GL!

Best wishes for the future Pioneer!

/Oz

Back