The post I don't want to have to post

Yet another "smart" move... firing one of the very few bright-spots in the community communication department.

Good luck to you Pioneer in your endeavours.

Unfortunatly that may exactly be the reason he got layed off. Why would they keep the community reps after they have no community witch makes me think Hanny has a simular fate waiting.

BTW what will happen to this forum if your able to answer this question Pioneer.

BTW what will happen to this forum if your able to answer this question Pioneer.

This forum will keep going, has been answered in previous thread(s)

You really did your job well. I'm sure you will find something new. Please let us know if you find another project to work with. As others have said If you need a reference i think a lot of people here would give you some good credit.

As I explained in another thread:

As you no doubt know, MindArk has resumed control of all operations relating to Planet Calypso, and this includes PlanetCalypsoForum, Calypso's official community forum. I am in regular contact with MindArk representatives regarding PCF's current and future operation.

In brief: PCF will remain online as the official community forum for Planet Calypso, and there is no need for members to worry about the website being shut down, or any loss of forum threads or member data.

wtf is occuring at ma office? we need to know

Pioneer worked for SDS (formerly FPC), not MindArk.

Yet another "smart" move... firing one of the very few bright-spots in the community communication department.

It's not clear who you are criticizing here? :scratch2:
If not the company that laid him off (SDS), then your dissatisfaction seems misplaced.

You weren't really active after I joined, but losing your job is never fun. Happened to me about six months ago.

Best of luck with your future endeavors, and I hope you are able to global/HoF alongside us at some point.

All the best out there Pioneer, it was always cool to read your take on some of the more interesting quirks of Entropia.

- Deathifier

Technically, OP is in violation of 3.8, and as such the post & thread should be removed. ;)

gl Pioneer. I don't doubt you did as good a job as you could at SDS. Too bad so much out of our control screws up our lives from time to time.

Best of luck in your future adventures.

I hope that all will turn out good for you.

With best regards,
Ion

Thank you for all the good work you've done, and best of luck to you in whatever lies ahead.

:beerchug:

Miles

You did good work and as you see you will be sorely missed!

Mate, you'll find for sure a place where to evolve and have your qualities appreciated. Best of luck and be asured we'll miss your work.

P.S.: dunno 'bout your NDA's and stuff, but maybe you can join this side of EU now :evilking:

Keep your chin up and your eyes on the horizon, mate! :)

If you can survive this bunch, you can conquer any other role at your new company. :)

May you find happiness and success in your future.

The communication part on this forum from you has been refreshing and will be missed.

Good luck ;) i'm sure someone with your skills will find a new challenge.

Good bye and good look man, you were one of the best assets in FPC team.

/Mr. T. voice on/
I pity the fool they bring to try to fill your shoes.

sorry to hear of your layoff , and good luck in your future.

lol on the flip side , if employees get treated this way , what hope do ava's have....??

They have let a great asset go, their loss. Sign up with the Arkadian team, you will fit in perfectly there.

Good luck
Cheers
Bjorn

Thanks for the enjoyment Pioneer, we won't forget you.

Hey go grab a couple buddies and build your own entropia so they have some decent competition:)

Pioneer worked for SDS (formerly FPC), not MindArk.

It's not clear who you are criticizing here? :scratch2:
If not the company that laid him off (SDS), then your dissatisfaction seems misplaced.

Not to me. FPC was renamed SDS when SEE bought it. The people who worked at FPC still continued under different owner right? They "survived" the company takeover. Now SDS allegedly fired most of the staff at the old FPC team and stopped paying MA right? Now MA has taken over Calypso. At the moment there isnt a judicial boundry like before since FPC (now SDS) stopped being the owner. MA is back like in the old days. Now here is the strange thing. Why aint MA retaking the fired SDS employees that are much needed to run and develop Calypso?

The answer is easy for me to see, they(MA) are to low on capital to afford any development of a planet they want to sell.
I might have misunderstood how things work and how they are run but not from a lack of trying but from a lack of clear communication. If you have a clearer picture then me since you have done some direct work for them please do share if you are not bound by a NDA.

Pioneer, thank you for your time with the Universe and the community, I wish you the best for the future.

Last edited:
Why aint MA retaking the fired SDS employees that are much needed to run and develop Calypso?

Maybe SDS employes had a non-compete clause that prevents them from working for another MMO for a period of time.

Why aint MA retaking the fired SDS employees that are much needed to run and develop Calypso?

Commonly a person is dismissed because his past (how did his job) or because the future

If we believe that the work that he has done was well and was profitable for the company, then the reason for the dismissal is the future.

And in this case exist, in my opinion, two possibilities: (1) His work is not necessary in the near future for the company; or (2) His vision about the future is not shared by the company.

I also wish to express my wishes about the best luck for Pionner in the future.

Best of luck Pioneer :)

Your posts were always to the damn point. This was most evident during the last Merry Mayhem. There was a stuff-up and you stayed on to see the damn thing fixed as best as it could. That was dedication.

Take care :)

Even now, your the only person from that damned company who has posted. You are missed already Pioneer, good luck to you, and to us.

This is not the post I wanted to read, either. Good luck Pioneer wherever your journey takes you, and know that you will be missed.

I had great hope for Calypso with a big developer.
Sad that we now won't see what could have been. (no pun intended).
Good luck with whatever you end up doing in the future.

Last edited:
Pioneer, you were the ONLY one at FPC and SEE that I ever saw communicating with us in a strait and honest manner and I'm sorry to see you leave. Maybe take up a coarse in Spanish or Thai or Arabic and see what other planets have to offer.

I wish you the best of luck.

All the best for you, Pioneer, and thanks for all you did.

........I have been laid off. I wish I could tell you why, but I can't due to a bunch of NDAs. ......
- Pioneer

I'm sorry to hear this Pioneer. You have been a welcome and much needed source of communication.

The fact that you can't disclose the reason is understandable. Shame on SDS for forgetting that it's a Corporation made up of PEOPLE. If they didn't want you to explain what's going on they should have posted their "official" explaination. I haven't seen such a post, maybe I missed it. I only know, too well, that lack of communication causes rumors, frustration, and misunderstanding.

Good luck to you wherever you may go Pioneer and thank you very much for your valued and appreciated work here. I hope that you heard the same from your former employer.

Back