The post I don't want to have to post

hmm sad to see you go Pioneer... but keep up your style for whatever project you work on next! I don´t think it will be hard for you to get and keep your job in another company then. Btw is the whole bunch of FPC employees fired or did they keep some to create new content at least?!? Otherwise Calypso will be kinda stuck in a limbo? With nothing new ever getting to the playerbase apart from platform changes by MA?

sucks to hear that m8, hope you will find a new thing that you will enjoy out there !

Alex

Very sad news indeed because to my mind Pioneer you were simply the best person that I've seen at FPC & SDS. You talked to us and shared what you could. Which was a refreshing breath of air. Furthermore I remember you manning the "helm" and fixing problems seemingly single handedly, the merry mayhem thing comes to mind. Also testing things like trying to "break" them like we do :)

Anyway wish you all the best. Hope a competent and good person like yourself finds a good job soon.

That's just plain sad :( You have been one of the most (not to say the most) active "official" on these forums. I can allmost hear the silence setteling now...

Best of luck to you in what ever the future holds for you!

Sad indeed that the one person from SDS that actually talked to us have to leave. You will be missed.

Best of luck in the future :)

Indeed sad to see you go.
You are one of the few good guys.
I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you find a great new job soon.
If they ask for references point them to this thread. That should help.

Cheers
Siam

So long Pioneer? :dunno:. Well at least you inspired me Pioneer :).

Damn Pioneer sad to see you go, i loved the crater missions with the harbringers...

This ones for you and FPC/SDS, sad days :/

Captain my captain.

Last edited:
Best of luck Pioneer! :(

You did a good job, all the best in the future. :yay:

Hello Pioneer,

I once found myself in a similar situation to where you are personally. Laid off. Not due to anything I did or did not do, but to circumstances way beyond my paygrade in the company. I know it stings because you still second guess. You do have my sympathy as a displaced worker, and my respect for your accomplishments for the Calypso colony.

Take some time, lick your wounds, and once you get settled in in a new job someplace, here's an idea for you:

Come join all the "dukes" in this Universe! You reek of gamer, my friend, and that is a good thing. :) I'd be happy to have you as my wingman in space, next to me on the skirmish line, or at the drinking table as soon as that next shipment of beer comes in.

Good luck, my friend. Please keep us posted on how things are going for you if that's not going to be a sore spot for you. Contrary to that desk sign, you're one of the good guys. Thank you.

Heartfelt regards,

AG

PS: how many references do you need? I think you'll find plenty of people here that are familiar with your work and happy with it.

Sad to see you go, good luck for the future - perhaps some day we'll see you back with us in some capacity.

So sorry to see you go. :(

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and a farewell. It's a shame that it came to this, because as you can see, you were very well liked by this community for the type of service you provided. You became somewhat of a friend to all of us in one capacity or another. And thank you again for the personal assists, it's much appreciated.

I wish you the very best, and a hugely successful future. :)

See also Rx471's blog entry: Disconnected

(Posting the link here as I know many don't read the blogs)

We at MindArk wish you and the rest of the former SDS staff the very best in your future endeavors.

I really hope you guys know what you're doing......

Pioneer, we all kinda figured your stay would be short lived. We hoped it would last but let's face it.... you listened to us and did your best to keep the playerbase happy. That's just not the "MindArk Way".

Menace

Congratz on leaving the ever-sinking ship.

Thank you for not placing a Michael Jackson planet in here !

Damn that was a close one...

PS: how many references do you need? I think you'll find plenty of people here that are familiar with your work and happy with it.

How many player references do we need to keep our Pioneer on the MA team? :(

Have best luck in future!

FYI David Post at Next Island is looking to grow his team !

It's sad to see you go.
As many pointed out allready, you will be missed & you're efforts even more.
You really brought a fresh air, not only to the forum & the way to communicate but also on the story-based quests.
I wih there is a place for you on MA or one of the other PP's teams as you obviously know what you're doing!
May the future be bright & satisfying
Wish you all the best

Das

Thanks Pioneer for all your efforts.

I think you were always one of the bright spots. Honest and direct, not too much bs. It was always very appreciated :)

Good luck in the future!

Like all your posts Pioneer, upfront, to the point, yet with the human touch.
You were a breath of fresh air.

My best wishes for the future, for yourself and your colleagues.

Couldent agre more. :)

Being one of 2 people I liked (you being the most) from FPC im sorry to hear this. Hope that fatass Marco gets kicked under his ass aswell (should rather have been him and not you).

sorry to hear that pioneer :(

we havent got a word from marco since 6 months, is he still in? and what about hanne? wtf is occuring at ma office? we need to know

Yet another "smart" move... firing one of the very few bright-spots in the community communication department.

Good luck to you Pioneer in your endeavours.

wtf is occuring at ma office? we need to know

Even if he knew, he'd not be at liberty to discuss it. In his initial post, he mentioned Non-Disclosure Agreements. If he was offered any severance pay, violating the NDA may put that pay in jeopardy.

Don't badger the man. Give him your support.

Reactions: Mac
Best of luck Pioneer and thanks for your contributions both on the game itself, and on the forum.
You will be missed. :(

Just to echo the others in saying thank you for all you did for us in your time with FPC/SDS, and for taking the time to say your goodbyes to us here. That in itself speaks volumes about the kind of person you are, and we need a lot more like that in this virtual universe, so it is a big loss to us. The very best of luck and happiness to you in your next position and in life :)

Back