Tidesong's Diary

What I didn't post the last time was that my grandfather passed away that day I went to see the sports doc. My rl friends were great and supported me through the wake and funeral. Been spending alot of time irl because of the wake then somehow my university friends are able to go out more so we've had a few outings in a row now.

Still seeing physio for the knee. I can't be 100% sure that its getting better because I still don't dare to get back on my difficult skating jumps.

RL has a dress design competition that I'm itching to sew for.

Still got on entropia for a while got a lil bit of sweat and chatted with arokh about family issues.

Not on the same issue... I worry that my dad is spoilling my neice thoroughly because he can't bear her tears... she cries and he caves in. No one else is wiling to do the graveyard shift to take care of her and my sister's habits make it almost impossible for my niece to wake up early (and hence sleep early) I wish I could bring my niece to work... that would solve alot of things. Unforunately my company doesnt happen to have a child care center and playroom...

Wow changes, changes, first somehow my mum convinced my sis to let neice try child care again and she's essentially attended one whole week of it!!!

The next thing is that one of my designs for the sims 2 competition entered the finals!!!

If you can please check it out here and vote!!! (its the button near the top right! Thanks!)
http://fashionrunway.sims.yahoo.com/photo-gallery/Night-Out/265/sunlitstranger1

Spent some time in EU again, randomly checked out omegaton where one of my paintings is hanging and brought a random person to view and they said they wanted to post it on pegallery.com so I guess I will be checking that out!

Ok its my birthday today yay, earlier today after the stroke of midnight I went on entropia for a little hunt (10-15 tiny mobs) and got normal returns heheheh. Thats all I had time for because this morning I had two places to go to before work... phew What a morning.

Been having alot of thought on insurance lately, seeing all these advisors, asking from friends... everyone really views it differently, so have been trying hard to find out what is opinion and what is information. Sometimes it just comes down to... how well do I know myself and if I am not sure, should I trust statistics and the knowledge of my advisor??? Hummmpf what alot of thought. Also, getting into that definetly means no sudden wants to use it all to buy land in entropia on a whim or something crazy like that... not that I really thinking about it... but hehe, its nice to have options open. But should it be at the expense of being underinsured?

Phew, so it has been crazy, running around about the insurance things, I've kinda got that settled, so thats it.

Next is that I'm sewing irl like crazy because theres a few things I want to do
1) finish sewing my skating competition dress by october
2) finish sewing a formal dress for a design competition by october too

so as you can see that means I'm going to be... busy sewing to say the least in october

and guess what, comes along that my mum has training in the us for a few months, so maybe we visit her in november...

so I have to sew and pack at the same time. Or somehow i dunno somehow it gets done....

and so yeah less entropia time again, but hey I managed to log on almost every week for the last three weeks!

and I met another singaporean too which is cool :)

Ok so I managed to get on entropia again and sweated more and sold some sweat again. And I have the 150 peds for my wonderful loaner all waiting nicely in my inventory which I hope I will see him on wednesday.

And someone again expressed interest in my paintings, so well hmm nice to have a bit of life there :)

One of the figure skaters at my rink had an entry for the olympic torch bearing for the beijing games. I think it would be great because she would represent singapore and singaporean atheletes if she goes. If you would like to vote for her please use this link thanks!
http://pub1.chinadaily.com.cn/olympics/torch/members.shtml?mid=166

wheee it has been some good fun last few days in entropia again. I decided to try again for the last OP not on my map and got there with help from my soc. I tried a few times from the oilrig OP then again from the one west of that.

Meanwhile finally seeing the ambulimax on eudoria, and also saw a tantardion? it looked like some huge brown hairy goat....

A nice hunter let me tag him around but we both got killed, and revived at twin peaks. Then I asked if anyone in my soc was free and they were, so we had a small group go out from nymphtown.

It was really much easier to go straight from nymphtown, but I have to admit I may have some trouble handling the feffoids alone, still they are reasonable spaced out so I could have ran around them after a few deaths in the worst case (to disperse them from my running path)

Anyways they were much better from the annoying merps and tantillions from the south lol

so we reached there and it was corns around this supposedly deserted umbra house and it was very scenic with the "moon oasis" behind it. We took a picture then we carried on to the OP where we found nice snables and daiks ready for the sweating :)

Since it was deserted, I took a chance and displayed my paintings on the service container for my socmates to see hehee it was surreal. It would be fun if we could do that (like rent a spot on the service container)
then someone came and i quickly took them back down.

Turns out that someone needed a help to nymphtown, so we ran her back. After that I saw someone wanting a help to minopolis but I had to sleep it was coming near 3am, so I asked if any socmates were free and one was so after I made a mistake ( I ran them out first just in case we could do it, but I went too far south and the aetherax got us) so the socmate arrived and I went to sleep.

new vu! 9.0!

gleefully took the chance to remake avatar... but no black irises again... oh well :(

and also no asian eyes either... but I picked what I felt is closest... at least this time the mesh looks much better.

logged in and soc people ended up congregating at AIN where we all took stock of our new looks and did some dancing comparing and then i logged for the night.

I think that I have to check my graphics card if I can do anything I am pretty sure I'm getting the "blah" version. Havent seen shiny armour yet. but the texture on my clothing is nice!

Lag in game still quite bad last night (afternoon for europeans)

Its actually a little nice change from the very emptyness it was having just a few days back. Guess a new VU actually attracts more people?

Anyways I fully expect it to calm down so I can run around in peace again.

The custom texture thing they said would be coming looks promising (although I fully expect it to be a rip off like the paintings... 100 ped to repair, 50 ped to upload? :( ) But it should be fun and probably one of the reasons behind the 2 pec.. (now if they gave that back in loot..... )

Anyways, so that sounds interesting for the future, and still can't wait to see how the china thing develops.

Killed my first igni last night, one young one mature with unamped opalo no armour. Surprisingly easy.

Still haven't managed to hit a ripper yet. Those things are tricky. But sweating them is fun :)

I also started some mining. I dropped around 8 probes. All NRF, some posts on ef recommends not mining soon after a new vu, so I guess I'll have to hold my horses. All I want is just to hit something anything and see how that screen looks like. hehehhehe.

I just hit level 4 for blp something sniper? my memory is bad. But it was cool, green swirlies are fun :)

Managed to clear out my room a little again, the floor can be seen again. Public holidays are much needed for me to get things into some semblance of order... now if I can only sleep on time tonight...

Ok so many things happeend first I got 23 ped alicenies second i got 20 ped from daikiba (i hope i remember right... lol)

third is if you notice that i got 23 ped from is that i tried mining!!! whohooo I did a few trips, I did one from nymphtown to twin peaks. and I did one from nymphtown to pandora. It was great... all that empty land has a use now LOL

next I went to look for kerobos? (sp??) and they were wierd... ok wierd looking but it was cool because they are a new easy mob :)

and also I killed alot of chirpies hehehe

hmmm I managed to kill a ripper snapper!!! yes I put aim mode and it works now :)

I also tried caudetergus young, I can do that no problem.

I can take daik provider irrc, daik dominant i may have been able to , with armour, but I ran out of bullets so silly huh

I finally made the dress for the design comeptiiton... its not very good because I last minute rush. I think the top looks ok though...

I also wrote a short story...

And i got new skating boots, I heat moulded them (put them in oven!!!) and then wear them tightly. And then they shape around the feet... so cool huH!
And then I use this snoseal its a beewax thing to make the soles water proof. I had to borrow my sister's hair dryer to melt it in. Its amazing. My fingers smell horrible now. hehehe

I have dug up all my cold weather clothing... I actually have quite a bit, i think i have trouble bringing all overseas... so i have to pick which one to bring now :( I can't decide lol I love having more options to wear.

was checking the mob ladder post, so here are some mobs i have not yet killed solo

noob
1) Diripi
2) Prancer

Low Level
1)Gradivore
2) Mourner
3) Snarksnot (did i kill these yet? can't remember maybe I have)

Disciple (listing all the mobs)
1) Argonaut -done
2) Attacker -nil
3) Calamusoid Female -nil
4) Calamusoid Male -nil
5) Drone -done (but was a rt kill would love a direct one day)
6) Equus -nil
7) Estophyl -nil
8) Feffoid -nil
9) Hiryuu -nil
10) Maffoid -nil
11) Molisk -done
12) Morsusilex -not quite solo kill
13) Tripudion -nil ( i think i can try this)

I didnt find a dripi or a prancer yesterday, but I wandered around south west of argus... its a surprisingly not too high mob area almost halfway to the infamous bivo outpost ( of course if you have a trox hot on your heels, it wouldn't matter that there are mostly snables at the halfway mark if you can't kill it)
And then I thought hmm I don't think I've seen a miner bot live, so I was talking about it and very nice friend offered to go with me... and it was really nice, it was very cool and it hit me once for 75 pts and another for 49 pts ( unless it was the other drone that was doing it, but my friend was shooting the drone so well) so yeah I was tired and stuff and thought ok I got to see my mob I need to go sleep... then I totally forgot about the team rule things and left the team before he managed to loot the mob :ahh: :( I think next time I better not agree to team up for anything or do anything with anyone late at night... it seems to obscure my better judgement...

ok i have found dripi at camp pheonix NW... but they killed me so fast! my socmate help me find prancer at argus, but its a tricky one, near that infamous bivo outpost, i always have bad vibes there... maybe I should go there on purpsoe a few times to get used to it hehehe

Anywways so I have had good time, I am going to do nanowrimo again this year and went for the local launch party, bringin my niece along... and then after that i went for friend's halloween party with niece in tow. my arms ache now because she kept wanting to be carried. still she enjoyed her self so I am happy

and I also did a bit more mining, tried hadesheim east, it is ok, and then i run out of probe then i continue explore E, then i find a lot of red mob moving reall fast!!!! some guy was shooting and I was panic I thought I aggro mob on him, but I didnt, when i calm down i notice all mobs was running up and down like crazy!!!! and they didn't hit me too often... just run up and down everywhere, it was like a bad dream o_O

anyways so my power tripped after the guy decide not to hunt there because it seemed too crazy and I also wanted to run off...

so it wasn't easy ... my house was acting crazy, had to go many rounds checking all the power points, taking plugs out... took so long before manage to get on computer, log into EU then power trip again!!!

so repeat two more times before stable :( turns out I think is the pot that boil water, it seems to have problem

then anyways after that I did short mining 5 peds only!!! again near camp pheonix and found underwater ample!! (that was when I found dripis too lucky i found them after i finish obtain all my mined stuff)

that is most for today... well I found someone buy foul bone 810% and softhide 110% in pa so i sold my miserable 7 foul bone collection which I didnt touch so long and my 14? softhide because I just felt like it LOL so silly

Its november which means nanowrimo which means i'm going to churn out 50,000 fresh new words in november for a brand new novel. I will be entropiaing as sparsely as possible. so see you all in december ;)

Reactions: Fin
Things haven't been going to plan my novel is at a miserable 9k out of 25k words at the moment. Still, I managed to depo via ukash so I have a nice new weapon 200 ammo extra and enough peds to buy an apartment from auction... although I have to say I much rather buy it from someone in these forums...
Also after another wonderful tip off I have started bristlehog sweating to gain dodge. Somehow this information I do not recall yet feels so familiar! Wierd huh?

Bristle hog sweating goes very very well :) I think they are like pikachu with the electric looking attack and little ground mammal look

Also been running around more looking for apartments.

mined my first lytarian dust and force nexus on TI (also first time mining in a landarea) got back 7ped from 5 ped probes haha must be lucky again.

soc mate gave me a blp rifle, so now i have laser rifle, blp rifle, laser pistol, blp pistol. So I can play around hehehehe

Back