Help: UI Release: Bug/Crash Report Thread

Status
Bug Report
  • Title: search function in auction @wrong place (dunno if its intended now that the search function is way up right now)
  • Date Found: 02/25/2024
Description:
  • Expected: since the view info and mu button is on bottom left ..in past the auc search bar was also on the left upper side..way more convinient this way
  • than always hover to right search..then left again to view
  • ofc its not rly a bug..and dunno how much work that is..but its now wayy more "work" this way
More important, make all the buttons bigger on the auction

• Bug Report
    • Title: [Avatar starts moving backwards and are unstoppable]
    • Date Found: [02/26/2024]
    Description:
    • Expected: [To stand still during a fight]
    • Actual: [Avatar at random actions starts to move backwards and are totally unstoppable]
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1. It happends randomly during hunting, sometimes during press of WASD keys or if go into chat or inventory.
    2. Avatar moves, I cannot heal, looses peds in armor decay and the movement backwards are unstoppable
    3. It sometimes stops to move if I press escape and come to the logoff banner.
    4. This must be fixed, Ive seen other players with the same movement bug.

(Add as many steps as required to give clear instructions on how to reproduce the bug)

Screenshots: [Attach any relevant screenshots.]

Bug Report
  • Title: Visually aggravating reload bar
Description:
  • Expected: HUD/UI with no annoying reload bar
  • Actual: Annoying reload bar below player health bar when we already have this included in the cross hair/target mode.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Remove the yellow reload bar below health bar. Totally useless and annoying.
  2. Congratulations - done!

Priority: Low

Bug Report
  • Title: All Blueprint books don't have the 'Previous page' button enabled
  • Date Found: 02/26/2024
Description:
  • Expected: 'Previous page' button enabled
  • Actual: 'Previous page' button is disabled
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Open any Blueprint book
  2. Press the 'Next page' button
  3. 'Previous page' button stays disabled

Alternative existing options for Previous page in Blueprint books:
  • Press the 'Left Arrow' key. - (if not assigned as an action in binding)
  • Using your mouse from the left edge of a page, hold your index finger down on the mouse button and move your mouse to the right to flip to the previous page.

Last edited:
  • Bug Report
    • Title: [First shoot on mob and tagging a mob]
    Description:
    • Expected: I use plasma or blp weapons to get mobs on me if they are long away. This has never been a problem before nu UI.
    • Actual: The first shot I make is just empty air it never damage the mob, no ammoburn is used, but the time to reload the weapons are still there so it slows you down.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Pick what mob you like and is 120-160m away and shoot at the mob.
    2. First shot is just a movement of air, no ammoburn is used and you have to wait for the reload.
    3. Next shot is working
    4. Skills on the weapons isnt a problem, its 10/10.

Title: Can't copy item links
Problem: After the new UI update, I am unable to copy any item links and past them into the chat window for trading.
Request: please fix this as I need to be able to trade with other players on a regular basis.
Thank you, Trogdor

Title: Can't copy item links
Problem: After the new UI update, I am unable to copy any item links and past them into the chat window for trading.
Request: please fix this as I need to be able to trade with other players on a regular basis.
Thank you, Trogdor

Hi, and welcome to the forum! You can copy item links by right clicking the item in your inventory or action bar, and selecting "Copy Item Link". You can then paste it into the chat using CTRL+V.

You can also copy an item link from chat by right clicking the name in chat and selecting "Copy Item Link", or by marking the name text and using CTRL+C

Bug Report
  • Title: Visually aggravating reload bar
Description:
  • Expected: HUD/UI with no annoying reload bar
  • Actual: Annoying reload bar below player health bar when we already have this included in the cross hair/target mode.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Remove the yellow reload bar below health bar. Totally useless and annoying.
  2. Congratulations - done!
I believe this reload bar should be optional. Although this isn't a bug ;)

• Bug Report
    • Description:
    • Expected: I use plasma or blp weapons to get mobs on me if they are long away. This has never been a problem before nu UI.
    • Actual: The first shot I make is just empty air it never damage the mob, no ammoburn is used, but the time to reload the weapons are still there so it slows you down.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    2. First shot is just a movement of air, no ammoburn is used and you have to wait for the reload.
    3. Next shot is working

This!

This. It makes team play unplayable in my opinion. Went on a soc hunt yesterday and died at least three times because of it, while trying to communicate and heal. Please make this one a priority.

I found an option in settings that makes it a bit easier. If selected each time you press enter the chat window automatically loses focus allowing you to walk, hunt etc. However, I forget sometimes after pressing enter its lost focus and so when I think I'm typing in chat window loads of dialogs and stuff pop up. I just need to remember to select the chat window each time I want to type something.

I'm not logged in at moment to see which setting it was

• Bug Report
    • Description:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    3. Next shot is working
Did post about this as well 3 pages back. Prioritize this. PRETTY PLEASE :)
Bug Report
  • Title: Keybinded weapon triggers weapon when pressing the key, but no output is registered
    • Action bar 1 is missing block of code that should be used in keybinding. Missing Interact functionality!
  • Date Found: [02/23/2024]
    • noticed this from day one, but posting it now, since not resolved by now. It bugs the hell out of me, to not being able to do dmg when pressing a key that has weapon binded to it.

Description:
  • Expected: When you press lets say number 3 key that is in Action bar 1, weapon on that key should make a hit or something to a mob. If mob is out of range, avatar should move towards a mob if mob is targeted/locked by aim system.
  • Actual NOK: When key is pressed with weapon binded to it, gun make a shot, reloads, but mob just stands there unharmed. When pressing key that has weapon binded to it, avatar also doesn't move/run towards the mob as it does with Interact option (mob is locked by the aim system, but nothing happens). Sometimes hit lends on a mob when pressing same key multiple times, however 90% of time just doing empty shots/reloads and avatar never do run towards a mob.
  • Actual OK: If using mouse there is no issues. If mob is targeted/locked by the aim system, avatar moves towards a mob if out or range and lands a hit.
  • Actual OK: If using key that has "Interact" binded to it there is no issues as well. If mob is targeted/locked by the aim system, avatar moves towards a mob if out of range and each hit is executed as it should be.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Bind 3 different range weapons. One in num. 1, other in num. 2, third in num. 3, just so you'll see that weapon is not a problem - code for key bindings is NOK. Use Action bar 1, since it has numeric keybindings.
  2. Go near a mob, locktarget it, then just press few times 1 key, few times 2 key and few times 3 key number with prebinded weapon. You will see no dmg, just shooting into the void and reloading.
  3. Go a bit out of weapon range radius and try to press 1, 2 or 3 key number. You will see avatar doesn't move towards it either.
Tried:
Did reset all settings to default
Did reset whole UI to default
Checked/updated all files but problem is still there, therefore this is coding problem.
Action bar 1 is missing block of code that should be used in keybinding. Missing "Interact" functionality!

As we no longer can right click to copy. I just inform that watch out on Ctrl+x or c short cut as not always work and You simply will loose your stick notes information with empty paste aka crtl+V short curt...

Bug Report
Title: computer freeze
Date Found: 02/24/2024
Description:
When tping on calypso, computer freezes completely. Hard reboot is the only way out.
Steps to Reproduce:
Use teleporter to teleport anywhere.

Bug Report

• Title: [Deposit icon is a different color than the rest of the UI]
  • Date Found: [everyday]
Description:

• Expected: [Icon should be white]
  • Actual: [Icon is yellow]
Steps to Reproduce:

1. Log in
  2. Look at the stupid deposit icon
  3. Now think about how better the UI would look if it was white

Bug Report
  • Title: Unable to leave body sculpting / hair stylist chair.
  • Date Found: 02/26/2024
Description:
  • Expected: Be able to walk forward or at minimum exit seat.
Steps to reproduce:
  • Sit down in a hair stylist chair / face sculpting chair / body sculpting unit
  • Try to stand up / exit
  • Relog required

Bug Report
  • Title: [HDNA dont work in Marcimex instance]
Description:
  • Expected: [I expected to get the possibility to revive from death when I had HDNA in my inventory]
  • Actual: [I died from a bloody crab and never get the option to revive on that spot I died on]
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. On Caly, enter the Mountain and get down to cave where the big Marcimex (and Falivrin) lives :D
  2. Get killed and look first so you have HDNA in inventry, look so you dont already was killed and the timer on HDNA hasnt run out.
  3. See if you comes to revive/teleport place instead of getting revived at the cave.
is that in pvp section of cave? idk if hdna works in pvp designated area

is that in pvp section of cave? idk if hdna works in pvp designated area
Yes its quite embarrasing that I didnt understood / remembered that. :)
Yes it is pvp in there

To clarify the issue, similar issue that happened to me while trying to hunt and not moving to target with interact/auto-use tool.
It did not matter if i had it set to left or right click on settings.. However I don't know what solved it since I did everything at once.
After resetting UI and resetting options and removing all icons/inventory icons from ALL action bars.
Deleting the settings-ce file on C:\ProgramData\entropia universe\public_users_data
Doing a verify game install on client loader and relogging.
I can finally say that for now it's working as expected! But I don't know if it will keep it up
🙂
for now I'm happy it was worth trying all that lol and resetting everything a second time.
Video recorded with issue accessible at main entropia discord main chat.
Hopefully some of these will help the others who are having the same problem.
I have the same issue. fixes on relog. Lasts for about 50 interactions then bugs out and stops working.
So if i'm aiming at nothing and out of range then hit F it selects nearest mob, moves in range and shoots. This is what it should do and does for about 50ish interactions. Then it stops working. Hit F and it selects the mob but does not move into range to shoot. Relog fixes. I also have F mapped to 2 and used that and same result. I tried repeatedly pressing F fast and same result and also tested pressing F once per mob so it seems to fail after x amount of interactions and not amount of key presses. Also affects move to tp, vehicle, terminals, etc. Edit: also affects right click to interact. I also get same result mining to move to claim. Must be driving miners insane.

I found an option in settings that makes it a bit easier. If selected each time you press enter the chat window automatically loses focus allowing you to walk, hunt etc. However, I forget sometimes after pressing enter its lost focus and so when I think I'm typing in chat window loads of dialogs and stuff pop up. I just need to remember to select the chat window each time I want to type something.

I'm not logged in at moment to see which setting it was

Options>Interface>Keep Main Chat Focus When Entering Text

Need to make sure that is deselected and then you loose focus each time you enter something in any window be it pm or a chat channel. You will need to remember to select the pm each time you want to type text.

This is for getting trapped in pm/chat channel.

Bug Report
  • Item links not working (disappearing)
Description:
  • Links disappear when you lose focus of the chat.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Copy item link, paste item link in chat
  2. Click anwhere to lose focus of chat, and item link disapears

temp workaround; paste them in a sticky note and copy from there

And now I need to open my invent to see my peds ... not next/under the health bar anymore ...

Well, that problem wasn't here before the patch.

I don't think there was any problem? People simply asked to be allowed to choose if it would be displayed or not, so it was added.

Thank you for all the bug reports posted throughout this thread! We are looking into every report which has come in, and will continue working to provide the best possible experience.

Since we have received multiple hotfixes during last week, and the first larger patch today, I am locking this thread and directing you to please post any further bug and crash reports in the new thread linked below:

Please make sure to read the hotfix and patch release notes before posting!

Status
Back